PDA

View Full Version : Alex

Lydecker
16th Jul 2003, 15:51
Well we know Area 51 is still in one piece in Deus Ex2 since Alex Denton was in the last level of DeusEx1 and she appears again in Deus Ex 2.

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
16th Jul 2003, 16:07
could be another clone named after the one in Area 51, like someone said in another thread.

the illuminati and/or MJ12 could have kept DNA elsewhere

cball05
16th Jul 2003, 16:54
right, and as said elsewhere Alex can be a girl in DX2, implying that he was recreated

Ductonius
16th Jul 2003, 18:35
Originally posted by cball05
right, and as said elsewhere Alex can be a girl in DX2, implying that he was recreated

Being male or female is something they wanted to do in DX1 but couldnt becuae of budgetary constraints.

Now that DX1 is a hit and they have a huge sack of money to work with, they are making it possilbe to be either male or female.

Point being: I dont think its a plot thing or implies anything about Alex's creation at all.

.....but thats just my opinon, I could be wrong.

cball05
18th Jul 2003, 20:01
I wonder...is it just coincidence that, in DX1, they named the other "test tube baby" Alex, a unisex name? Were they already planning a possible sequel?

DarkForge
19th Jul 2003, 11:02
Wouldn't surprise me. They often do things like that now, where sequels are planned before the first game has even been released. "Half-Life 2" has been in development since the first one was completed. There was also a "Daikatana 2" already planned, but was scrapped when the first finally came out and received a poor reception.

Mr.Tellurian
20th Jul 2003, 15:12
Actually that's a something I wouldn't think of considering that most game-sequels I know are most of the time done by entirely diffrent Teams that sometimes don't even worry about believable story hooks...
Just as with movie-sequels... (allthough the second Matrix movie proves that even the same team can screw up a sequel big time...)
But then again there is Mr.Spector. And with him being in the game, I would actually rather not consider it a coincidence...
But actually I don't care if the sequel was planned as long as the give me a good story and continuation of the first part's plotline.

The_Monopolizer
21st Jul 2003, 02:15
I think they are very deliberate about naming main characters. I read in some interview somewhere that JC wasn't just a nickname, but an acronym! And that JC D. was supposed to be cloned from Jesus. But they didn't do it, I think it was an early-on idea that obviously never made it anywhere near the actual story.

Thus it does not suprise me that they pick the name Alex, which is fairly unisex.

Mr.Tellurian
21st Jul 2003, 23:14
Hm... just revisited the DX2 Homepage... Is that just me or does the Alex there look remarkably similar to Bruce Campell? (If that name doesn't ring a bell: Ash from the Evil Dead)?

Catman
22nd Jul 2003, 13:11
I have noticed a Bruce Campbell fixation at Ion Storm. Sly Boots (of Anachronox fame) looks like Campbell after he's been on a bender. :)

Jovena
27th Jul 2003, 19:57
I love the fact that I can now play my gender....I honestly hope they choose a female voice as cool as JCs from DX1. Would love if they could get Angelina from the Tomb Raiders movies to do the voice!