PDA

View Full Version : Wish theyd remake TR original for ps2

moe888uk
16th Jul 2003, 10:56
I was trying to play the original last night on my ps2 and kept reaching for the anologue sticks, the d-pad feels terrible now.If they remade it for the ps2 with better graphics, sounds, a few changes, and better controls, I would definitely buy it.

Nobody
16th Jul 2003, 11:05
sure...
who would say NO...:D

D3v1L80Y
16th Jul 2003, 18:56
Originally posted by moe888uk
I was trying to play the original last night on my ps2 and kept reaching for the anologue sticks, the d-pad feels terrible now.

Hehe...I felt the same way! I will admit I was one of the moaners when it came to the "new" controls for AOD. I complained about how much better the D-pad was......Yet when I went back to the older ones after I completed AOD several times, and tried to play them, I was cussing up a storm because I kept going for the analog sticks.

moe888uk
16th Jul 2003, 22:02
the analogues feel so much more manouvarable, dont they.

Anywayz a question to anyone who knows, I was playing the game on PS2(although its meant for PS1). For some reason the game doesnt recognize my memory card. Is it because its meant for the PS rather than PS2. Will getting a PS memory card help. (If it does, why did I give the god damn card away, whyyyyy).

D3v1L80Y
16th Jul 2003, 22:08
yeah it makes a difference...the PS2 can read the old cards, and you can only save a PSone game onto a PSone card...and you can only save a PS2 game to a PS2 card

tomb_raiding
16th Jul 2003, 22:38
at Last people got used to the Analouge stick :D

moe888uk
16th Jul 2003, 22:57
I think thats bad hardware design from sony. if they wanted to make the ps2 play old games, they shoulda taken care of that. Dont matter much, as the mem card for ps1 is very cheap.

lol, tomb_raiding, nearly every new game utilizes the sticks nowadays. If someone doesnt want to use the sticks, they wont get to play many good games. Its really hard to play pro evo soccer 2 with them. Hmm, I wonder if I can use the dance mat with pro evo.

felixthamuss
17th Jul 2003, 04:33
Dont know about anyone else or any of the other games, but you could play TR4 with the analogue stick on PS2.
Tried it once - may go back and have another go now.
;)