PDA

View Full Version : Appologies from Eidos??

Mercian
16th Jul 2003, 10:09
Have I overlooked the official statement from Eidos or Core, where they recognise the fact of the bugs in the game and that they are doing there best to rectify this with a patch(PC).....

Probably not.....:rolleyes:

XanderD2
16th Jul 2003, 10:29
Originally posted by Mercian
Have I overlooked the official statement from Eidos or Core, where they recognise the fact of the bugs in the game and that they are doing there best to rectify this with a patch(PC).....

Probably not.....:rolleyes:

Don't hold your breath, there is a synonym for such a statement: 'financial suicide'.

D3v1L80Y
16th Jul 2003, 18:29
You will never see a formal apology or any admission by Eidos/Core claiming any fault whatsoever with this game. Period.

Elvin Presler
16th Jul 2003, 20:17
From the game's Readme file.

1.3 Known Issues

q None at present.

Core Design Ltd and Eidos Interactive are committed to providing customer support for our games on a continuing basis. In that spirit, there may be a patch for Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness forthcoming; visit the Eidos website for more information.

Sure. Yeah, riiiiiiiiiggggghhhhhht. :rolleyes:

Tomb Raider Fan
16th Jul 2003, 20:21
I dunt' even think they should apoligise!..Yeah there maybe bugs in the game but there not huge serious ones which stop us from playing the game completely..

Nybis
16th Jul 2003, 21:24
I just hope that they take this oportunity to lean from their mistakes and do it better the next time.
And also creating a patch to fix all the little bugs and such would only be fair.
I for one does not think that a request like that would be out of line.

XanderD2
16th Jul 2003, 21:56
Originally posted by Tomb Raider Fan
I dunt' even think they should apoligise!..Yeah there maybe bugs in the game but there not huge serious ones which stop us from playing the game completely..

The controls in the PC version would definitely call for an apology (although, as I've said, it will not happen). Because of them, the fight with the red wraith (Brother Obscura) and Boaz was almost a "show stopper" for me.

tomb_raiding
16th Jul 2003, 22:24
U mean controling Lara, not the controls Right, cuz the controls are same as the original(and I didn't even have touble fighting Boaz or ghost) :( :)

Elvin Presler
16th Jul 2003, 22:29
Originally posted by Nybis
I just hope that they take this oportunity to lean from their mistakes and do it better the next time.

You think?

Chronicles. A very short little expansion pack with more bugs than any previous TR (but not an unacceptable amount) game sold as a full game, at full game price!

Then AOD. One of th most buggy games ever released. The only obviously unfinished game I've ever seen and very short to boot!

Bah!

cairo
16th Jul 2003, 22:33
Originally posted by tomb_raiding
U mean controling Lara, not the controls Right, cuz the controls are same as the original

so why all the statments from eidos saying they had rediefined the control system for this game

TR-AOD
16th Jul 2003, 22:38
Originally posted by Tomb Raider Fan

so what your saying is if you bought a dvd or video and a couple of the scenes were corrupt and unwatchable you would be happy with your purchase and not ask for a refund or replacement.

thats upto you but not many people would and certainly not me

salvestrom
16th Jul 2003, 23:25
First off when Eidos is talking about new control system they are referring to the PS2 which has switched to analogue control.

The PC controls are the same as they've always been with a few alterations such as being able to toggle walk/run rather than hold down shift constantly.

Well, not quite the same. Response time from a key press to the desired action occuring, most specifically when trying to side step, is noticably delayed. You have to hold shift a moment before you can side step or pressing left or right will only rotate you.

Admittedly not much called for lightning reflex responses, but there was a lot of precision moving made frustrating by the lagging controls.

Some of the changes they've made to the way Lara works - such as limited grab time - have demanded changes to the game enviroment. There are some sections of older games that the new Lara couldn't possibly move through now.

Does anyone else find they are reacting too quickly and hitting the action key to grab and inadvertently cancelling the auto-grab, causing you to fall to your death anyway? :)

With the new Lara it's not likely you'll get chased by any boulders in future games. Don't see how you could stop and back flip over one - new Lara doesn't have the clearance for it :/

No more T-Rex either. The new targetting system would have you running straight into his jaws...

... but i've gone completely off topic. :)

Eidos seemed to acknowledge that half the orders for TRVI would ship in Q4 in June, while the rest would carry over to the new financial year. If they knew they were only going to get some of the money into the last quarter, what possessed them to push for it to be released at all in that financial year is beyond me. Surely someone knew the consequences. Unless John Smith stood up and told them it would be ready, which most people agree, it wasn't. But that's only a guess. That aside, Core would have had a few months after Eidos cracked the whip to get the game in working order. Playable from start to finish (which it is). But I feel they didn't do enough :/. Searching a game enviroment for missing textures strikes me as a hefty task. Making sure that when you press shift the game recognises it immediately doesn't.

And one of the texture artists could have taken the time to put little white dots simulating reflected light in Lara's eyes. Some characcters have it,. some don't. For the main character not to have it's daft.

[Edit] Unsurprisingly I failed to come to the point. Both companies have something to say sorry for. It's unlikely either will, but with any luck they will learn from their mistakes. It's unfortunate the mistake was made...

Sal.

PS. I agree they spent too much time making her breasts jiggle. Especially when you look at how terrible her arms look when she moves them.

Mr_Furious
17th Jul 2003, 00:47
When I bought this game, it came with a 90 day money back guaranty, which I only used 10 days. What would happen if the people whose warranties have not expired return the game for a full refund? What type of statement would that make?