PDA

View Full Version : Will ever Lara die and have some one to follow her story up??

Nobody
15th Jul 2003, 20:52
What do you think??:D
Like a daughter or something like that...:confused:

AgentSmith
15th Jul 2003, 21:05
No!

jinhamasaki
15th Jul 2003, 22:19
I think after AOD 3, Lara will marry Kurtis! And they will have a daughter......dum dum dum......

When you are in the Croft mansion, this time, you have an older Lara yelling at her daughter to run faster, and that she could still beat her in a race with her walking cane. Fiesty Lara.

Unless of course, in AOD 3, Lara finds the fluid to make her young forever....:D

Nobody
15th Jul 2003, 23:41
LOoOoOLZ:D

jinhamasaki
16th Jul 2003, 01:32
Yes I read that, it would be quite the mansion to raid though ;).

tomb_raiding
16th Jul 2003, 09:38
LOL Godfather, u don't mean that seriously :)

Tipsko
16th Jul 2003, 10:09
He's pretty serious! I went to his house a while ago and one Lara was vaccuumcleaning, one lara was doing the dishes and the other one was cleaning the windows...

Then there was the basement, with like thousands and thousands of lara's waiting for their role in godfathers community!

that was pretty neat! :) :rolleyes:

Tipsko

Nobody
16th Jul 2003, 10:58
I gotta make my own ~Lara & Nobody~ community, with the help of Godfather...:D:p

Godfather
16th Jul 2003, 11:23
Originally posted by Tipsko
He's pretty serious! I went to his house a while ago and one Lara was vaccuumcleaning, one lara was doing the dishes and the other one was cleaning the windows...

Then there was the basement, with like thousands and thousands of lara's waiting for their role in godfathers community!

Hey, how on earth do you think this big mansion is kept clean? Lara Croft doesn't use a cleaning lady and butler Winston sure as heaven isn't atlethic enough to do it himself. :p

Also, I give them names coz otherwise it's impossible to keep them separated. And so I have a:

"Vacuumcleaner Lara Croft"
"Dishes Lara Croft"
"Windows-cleaner Lara Croft"
"Garden-cleaner Lara Croft"
"Cooking Lara Croft"
"15 adventure Lara Crofts" (out of which 3 have already been presented to the media)
"Nanny Lara Croft (i like that one the best)" :D
"carwash Lara Croft"
"superbabe Lara Croft" (when I may be a little alone ... she goes one step further than the nanny Lara Croft) :D
"shootpractice Lara Croft"
"butler Lara Croft" (yep! Winston IS dead!)
"Tuck-in-bed Lara Croft"
"5 massage Lara Crofts"

and i even have a feeding and drinking and bathing Lara Croft so I don't even have to move an inch anymore to eat/drink something or to wash myself ... same goes for get (un)dressed! ;)

... or am I exaggerating right now? :rolleyes:

CatSuit&Ponytail
16th Jul 2003, 12:23
Originally posted by Godfather
...blablabla...blablabla

... or am I exaggerating right now? :rolleyes:

No, not at all. I fact I took this picture of you and "Lara"

http://www.stinsv.com/TOS/640char/stelland.jpg

Have fun over there....don't bother to write. :p

Mangar The Dark
16th Jul 2003, 14:04
This is an interesting question. I don't think it would be a good idea to have another character carry on her tradition. More likely, I think the series will just fade away in time. I know, you're all going to shout at me for suggesting such a thing, but it DOES happen to video game characters. I mean, I think it's safe to say Mr. Do is gone now, even though he was quite popular back in the eighties (remember all those games: Mr. Do, Mr. Do's Castle, Mr. Do's Wild Ride, Do Run Run, etc.) There were also a lot of Lemmings games (Lemmings, Lemmings 2, 3D Lemmings, Paintball Lemmings, Lemmings Revolution), but I think they're gone now too. Even the Wizardry series has ended.

What may also happen is that the TR games will soon disappear, and then resurface in ten years or so when someone decides to do one of those "update a classic" things. We've seen that with games like Frogger and Montezuma's Revenge, and the results aren't usually great.

owen10
16th Jul 2003, 14:21
IMO, not a chance in Hell. Lara dies, Tomb Raider dies.

I don't see why Tomb Raider will fade away. No video game character that has reached such a level of popularity has done that. Mario and Sonic have survived generations and I see no reason to suggest why Lara won't do the same.

susan
16th Jul 2003, 14:30
No, no, no - Lara is Immortal and we'll get to find that out at the end of TR8, along with the fact that she not Kurtis is the last of the Lux Veritatis/Nephilium (sp?) .... LOL ;) :D

disco-fever
16th Jul 2003, 14:47
tr8? What the heck are you talking about? I somhow doubt there will ever be another TR after the whole AOD episode.
and godfather, I getting pretty tired of you multiple Lara's that live with you story. :)

owen10
16th Jul 2003, 15:08
You'd be mistaken then. This is TR6, and the game will be made in three parts, constituting a trilogy.

Mangar The Dark
16th Jul 2003, 15:08
Originally posted by disco-fever
tr8? What the heck are you talking about? I somhow doubt there will ever be another TR after the whole AOD episode.

I think there will be at least one more after AOD, but unless it's drastic improvement, there IS a fair chance that the series will fade away. AOD probably won't win many new fans, and it lost some old ones. If Eidos finds a new, more profitable series, I can see them turning their focus away from TR in time. Core stopped making Rick Dangerous games when they realized Lara was more profitable, so why wouldn't they stop making Lara games when they realize some other franchise is more lucrative? That's business.

Lara was at her prime in 1996 and 1997. With the exception of us fans, the general gaming public had started to grow weary of her by TR3.

Godfather
16th Jul 2003, 15:37
Originally posted by disco-fever
Godfather, I getting pretty tired ... :)

Hmmm, time to call tuck-in-bed Lara Croft then, huh? :D

Nobody
16th Jul 2003, 16:01
Lara Must Die...:p
but if she was possessed by a cute angel soul, she might live again...:D

RebeL_fARmeR
16th Jul 2003, 16:09
Me me, I'll do it, I'll take over!!! :D

FUN!

Godfather
16th Jul 2003, 17:17
Originally posted by RebeL_fARmeR
Me me, I'll do it, I'll take over!!! :D
FUN!

Fun? Hmmm: fighting giant spiders, at the bottom of the ocean not knowing where you'll be attacked by God knows how many sharks, being chased by a T-rex and being killed a thousand times only to relive the whole situation again. :confused:

Yeah, right! That's fun! :D

D3v1L80Y
16th Jul 2003, 18:52
If Lara Croft were actually killed (and I am not referring to the countless times we have all 'died' in the game..;) ) then the Tomb Raider legacy would be over. At least it should be over if that were to happen.

Tomb Raider Fan
16th Jul 2003, 20:05
Nah...It wouldn't feel rite playing Tomb Raider with a different charcter..(Although in AOD u play as Kurtis) But ya no what i mean.. It would be much better playing with the Lara we know!..

tomb_raiding
16th Jul 2003, 22:16
Lara intends (sp?) to Live FOR ETERNITY

Muhahahahahaaha :D

TR-AOD
17th Jul 2003, 00:33
yeah Lara's a bit like james bond, doesnt get older or die just keeps going. No doubt they will stop making TR games but they will never replace Lara

AmO
17th Jul 2003, 00:34
being a game character, Lara does not have to die.....no .. no..:p

Notts Raider
25th Jul 2003, 11:06
The Simpsons never get any older, so why should lara ;)

TRWad
25th Jul 2003, 20:51
Originally posted by jinhamasaki
I think after AOD 3, Lara will marry Kurtis! And they will have a daughter......dum dum dum......

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
KURTIS MUST DIE!

It's okay if lara gets kiddies, but NOT with help of that idiot. Lara is still a human without magical powers. If she and :mad: Kurtis :mad: get kids, the kids might be able to open doors from big distance with their powers.

Nobody
30th Aug 2003, 11:45
its positive that no one is getting the idea of Lara getting killed or go old...or getting kids from Kurtis..!!
what will happen to the people if she really died or got kids from Kurtis....???:confused:

Lady in red
30th Aug 2003, 15:29
Originally posted by TRWad

It's okay if lara gets kiddies, but NOT with help of that idiot. Lara is still a human without magical powers. If she and :mad: Kurtis :mad: get kids, the kids might be able to open doors from big distance with their powers.

HEHE it somehow remind me "CHarmed" when Phoebe get married to deamon Cole; and when she had a baby that get his demonic powers:D hehehe well it can be actually fun; if this child will turn to the dark side and Lara would have to destroy him
LOL

WesternWhiteWolf
1st Sep 2003, 17:26
Blech, I hate 'Charmed'. :mad:

But Lara will live forever!!! Otherwise, I'll be really mad...and no one likes me when I'm mad...

thanhkim
2nd Sep 2003, 05:20
I DON'T WANT LARA TO GO BOO HOOO it would be just so horrible she is so lovely and those big brown eyes we'd all miss those big brown eyes Boo Hoo don't take are Lar's.

PS TR would be crap if Lara was not in it.

thanhkim
2nd Sep 2003, 05:22
Originally posted by WesternWhiteWolf
But Lara will live forever!!! Otherwise, I'll be really mad...and no one likes me when I'm mad... Your not the only one who would crack it I can tell you that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

lyra
3rd Sep 2003, 22:49
im glad someone started this topic. i was thinking about it myself.
i think that theres gonna be 3 more tomb raiders after this one and lara IS going to die in TR 9 after finally finding a guy that she actually likes. she dies (sacrifices herself) to help the dude live on and finish the mission that will be continued in TR 10 (the last tomb raider)......

fastclick
22nd Sep 2003, 21:29
DUDE!! thats sick! you cant kill lara!!! there will be tons of more TR games! Tomb Raider is an amazing game it should never see an end! its a moneymaker! EIDOS would suffer big losses...
1 million coppies is not small cash... we can hope that the next TR will be up there with Half-Life GTA3 and GTA Vice City... look at an old game like DOOM it is now comming back with DOOM3, you cant kill games! you just cant!

baylisst
23rd Sep 2003, 16:23
Originally posted by lyra
im glad someone started this topic. i was thinking about it myself.
i think that theres gonna be 3 more tomb raiders after this one and lara IS going to die in TR 9 after finally finding a guy that she actually likes. she dies (sacrifices herself) to help the dude live on and finish the mission that will be continued in TR 10 (the last tomb raider)......

now replace 'lara' with 'kurtis' (or 'winston':D ), 'she' with 'he', 'the dude' with 'lara', 'TR9' with 'TR999', 'TR10' with 'TR1000' and get rid of the 'after finally finding a guy that she actually likes.' and 'i think that theres gonna be 3 more tomb raiders after this one' bit. then you get:

Kurtis (or winston:D ) IS going to die in TR 999 after finally finding lara that he actually likes. he dies (sacrifices himself) to help lara live on and finish the mission that will be continued in TR 1000 (the last tomb raider)......:D

lyra
27th Sep 2003, 19:54
lol baylisst but seriously i think that this series is going to come to an end. the reviews that AOD had have already dented its reputation...i just hope a 7th one comes out. and about doom. doom is still on its 3rd release and thats after a revolutionary change. the only way that tombraider can return again is by following id softwares example;
really really good graphics with wicked game play and an absrobing storyline. i just pray that CD doesnt make the stupid mistake core made.....

Nobody
2nd Nov 2003, 07:02
Post your idea about TR7 Story...:D

Panoulis
2nd Nov 2003, 10:48
How can possibly Lara die???
She can easilyavoid deadly traps...
Even with the 100th try:cool:

Panoulis
2nd Nov 2003, 10:51
Originally posted by lyra
lol baylisst but seriously i think that this series is going to come to an end. the reviews that AOD had have already dented its reputation...i just hope a 7th one comes out. and about doom. doom is still on its 3rd release and thats after a revolutionary change. the only way that tombraider can return again is by following id softwares example;
really really good graphics with wicked game play and an absrobing storyline. i just pray that CD doesnt make the stupid mistake core made.....

Helloooooo....
CD created the BO2LOK with no bugs 1,5 years ago and you think the new TRAOD may have any???

AnUbIs985
1st Apr 2004, 19:17
Lara will 'die another day'... kidding aside,TR wouldn't be fun without Lara.Kurtis will NOT marry Lara 'cuz he proposed to me-heheheh:)

insect
2nd Apr 2004, 02:16
Originally posted by AnUbIs985
Kurtis will NOT marry Lara 'cuz he proposed to me-heheheh:)

:eek: What?! He proposed to me too! I'll show him...! http://www.bgscene.info/jelena/smiley/wife.gif

:D

IXF
3rd Apr 2004, 11:20
*lol at Anubis and insect*

Are we 100% that AOD is a trilogy?

I think that Lara will continue to be like James Bond, always there, always changing but never dies. They may do a one-shot spin-off though, like a future descendant. Her daughter would be great!

Maz
~*~

AnUbIs985
3rd Apr 2004, 15:26
Why does everything have to be a trilogy?It could be a sequal then another tr story could start-can't it?As for insect-well,I just talked to Kurtis he told me that he wasn't serious.I think we could clone him but according to many,one Kurtis is MORE than enough.But think!Everyone could get a Kurtis!Nice,huh?:)

insect
3rd Apr 2004, 21:04
Originally posted by AnUbIs985
I think we could clone him but according to many,one Kurtis is MORE than enough.But think!Everyone could get a Kurtis!Nice,huh?:)

Right...cloning doesn't have to be a bad thing. :D

IXF
3rd Apr 2004, 22:35
*imagines 'Buy One Get One Free' on Kurtis Trent's*

:D *lol*

Maz
~*~

AnUbIs985
4th Apr 2004, 10:59
lol:D
We could clone Lara too,depending on the demand.We'll be rich!:) Anyway,I was thinking about a suitable bachelor 4 Lara...I thought of Indiana Jones.What a couple they would be...:D

Panoulis
30th Jun 2004, 20:32
Definately... :D LOL:D

Now concerning whether Lara will die i'm totally negative about it... of course she can't keep "loading" for all eternity. If she would ever had to die i wouldn't want to see her die in a tomb or in a deadly trap or something that she has faced before because it would be stupid. It would be nice -if you can ever say such a thing- if she died on an aeroplane crash just like her parents did or something usual like stepped over by a 5 tons truck or electrocution or hit in the head by the huge dinosaur throphy she keeps in the study or serial killer in the bathroom that loves killing redheads that became brunetes or.....

midroth
1st Jul 2004, 00:22
Lara is immortal!! How can the "goddess" die? <--- Citation: See X-Files ("she" was guest and called so).

If Eidos would bring 1+1 together, they would see what the fans has builded for levels, they would make such levels for PS2. That's all what fans are need. No blah-blah levels, no high-tech-shooting team stuff. If some of the fans would be able to make such level in PS2-code it would be the break through. Lara would be our - for ever.

PS.: Kurtis is gay.

Alti
27th Jul 2004, 23:43
I can't even think about anyone taking Lara's place. She's the one and only Tomb Raider.

Nobody
15th Aug 2004, 11:15
I'm baaaaack....

it been a year since i made this thread...:D

Post your TR7 Stories....lets have some fun ;)

Lara Freak
15th Aug 2004, 11:43
Maybe Lara would be clone with her memories and stay forever!:D