PDA

View Full Version : dual pistols: the probable answer (reply from eidos)

Tipsko
15th Jul 2003, 14:31
I asked core/eidos if the pistols were in the game, this is their respond:

Hello,

Glad to hear you're enjoying it! As far as I'm aware the double pistols are not in the game though.

Hope this clears things up,

Many thanks,

Customer Support | Customer Services
Tel +44 0870 9000 222

Eidos Interactive Ltd
Wimbledon bridge house
1 Hartfield Road
Wimbledon
London SW19 3RU

This e-mail is confidential and may be privileged. It may be read, copied and used only by the intended recipient. No ommunication sent by e-mail to or from Eidos shall form the basis of an offer or counter-offers which is capable of being accepted so as to create legally binding relationships. The recipient acknowledges that Eidos is unable to exercise control over the content of information contained in transmissions made via the internet.
Eidos hereby excludes any warranty as to the quality or accuracy of any information contained in this message or any attachment and any liability of any kind for the information contained in it or any attachment, or for its transmission, storage or use in any way whatsoever. Registered in England No 1804186.

Tipsko

owen10
15th Jul 2003, 15:37
I don't understand how getting all the pick ups is going to do anything. You could say "we won't know until someone completes the game without firing a gun", which is probably just as plausable.

hansomepete
15th Jul 2003, 19:33
I'm using a trainer that gave me dual 9mm and dual vector 45mm pistols. That's the only way i got them. But they have to be i the game or how could a trainer just give them to you?

Grave_Robber
15th Jul 2003, 19:36
He/she doesnt really say wether they are or are not in the game. Still it is very daft to have laras trademark guns a big secret in the game it actualy put me off abit. what made it even worse was the cutscenes teased me showing them grrrrrrrr.

As well as kurtis either somin buggered up or i missed somin as i neva got to use the disc thing which i thought was probably the best reason why u wanted to play him.

BkBaby999
16th Jul 2003, 00:31
I collected all the collectables I could and received.....a pistol that dangled uselessly in Lara Left hand for a hot minute during the fight with the 2 Knights when you go to get the last Obscura painting and then disappeared before Eckhardt's lab!

That's your.....dual pistols?!? :mad: :rolleyes:

Raven
16th Jul 2003, 00:42
Originally posted by Tipsko

This e-mail is confidential and may be privileged. It may be read, copied and used only by the intended recipient.

Errmmmm.......

Eidos hereby excludes any warranty as to the quality or accuracy of any information contained in this message or any attachment

Ummmm.........

:D :) :D

Yep, the dual pistols need to make a return in the next game. I miss them; they were Lara's trademark.

John Carter
16th Jul 2003, 00:57
Several people have reported getting them, one posted a screenshot. I suspect the tech support person may have been underinformed.

Nonetheless, it was a really bad idea to deny their use for most of the game, dual guns being a Lara trademark and all.

Kurtis's "chirugi" (sp), which was earlier referred to as a "glaive" in the promotional literature (possibly the name was changed to avoid copyright problem with the Krull movie people) didn't make into the game at all as a usable weapon, it is seen only in cutscenes. Or so I'm told, haven't finished the game yet.

Andini
22nd Jul 2003, 02:13
I think Kurtis's only possible reason for existence would be if we could have used that wierd disky boomerang thing. Otherwise he walks like a gorrilla who has kakkd his sen, and reminds me far too unpleasantly much of myself. (Don't ask!)

That boomer would have been great.