PDA

View Full Version : Have The People Who Wrote The Manual Actually Played The Game??

Ringwraith6
15th Jul 2003, 13:59
The manual is full of mistakes!! Here are the ones i've found:
1: It says that you can change the controller's configuration LOL
2: It states that you can choose the refresh rate of youe TV in the options screes (yeah right)
3: It says that you can go stealth with a weapon drawn i tried it and it didn't work (of course i could be wrong here since the weapon i tried to draw was empty...)
Anyone found any other mistakes?

owen10
15th Jul 2003, 14:11
They're the main ones. Again, just for the record, it's apparent that the game wasn't finished. The manual writers probably haven't played the game and may have been told by the game designers the prospective controls and moves.

richiemeister
15th Jul 2003, 16:30
Another error on their side is that in the manual they say that there is an option to Enable or Disable the subtitles. I dont see it in the game! Not even with the patch..

About the Controller Congfig mentioned above. I did notice when I plugged in my USB Gaming Device, it did add it as an option under the Controls menu. I was able to change the config in there.

Phantom_L
15th Jul 2003, 17:05
Well...the first 2 things you mentioned are available in the PC version of the game, not for the PS2.

The 3rd thing I haven't even bothered to notice, or check out yet lol

TRaiderGurl
15th Jul 2003, 17:28
Originally posted by richiemeister
Another error on their side is that in the manual they say that there is an option to Enable or Disable the subtitles. I dont see it in the game!
I see that function on my menu but when I go to disable the subtitles nothing happens

moe888uk
15th Jul 2003, 17:28
From my experience of software engineering projects, the manual is usually written before any code is written. The game was definitely not finished.