PDA

View Full Version : Some Questions From Someone who Just Bought The Game!

Ringwraith6
15th Jul 2003, 13:53
First of all, do you get to see and do all the cool things shown in the rolling demo? (just leave the title screen alone for a couple of minutes) How hard is it? Gamespot classifies it as hard and lengthy but the first three levels were a breeze and they were almost uninhabited by people hostile to Lara (apart from the odd riot cops and the chopper that is) Do you get the twin pistols? I have seen a bucketload of screenshots with her holding them and she even has them on the rolling demo! And finally does she actually wear the pseudo "classic" Tomb Raider she wears on the cover? Lara will never be the same without them lol!!
Oh just for the record, i liked the game as far as i have played it (i'm in some French woman's appartment) and i can say that i like almost all the changes they've made. It's nice to see that the series is becoming more story related since it is actually connected with some of the previous games and i think that it is the first true sequel to a TR game (well second if you count Chronicles)
P.S. If you have to do something special to get the twin pistols please don't say what that special thing is!!
P.S.2 are the rumours about an alternative ending true?

owen10
15th Jul 2003, 14:09
Well, it's tough to break it to someone so enthusiastic about the game, but you don't get the twin pistols. At least, not in any way that anyone knows. There's also only one ending.

However, she does eventually wear her signature clothing, a bit later into the game. A certain "other" item of clothing makes its return in this game as well.

RebeL_fARmeR
15th Jul 2003, 15:57
You want to post things like this in the AOD forum, you'll get more replies there.

razor_blade456
15th Jul 2003, 17:49
You do get to do lots of cool things. I personally love the game (except the red ghost...you'll meet him later). You get great interaction with other characters, but there is still the Tomb raider stuff, like jumping, climbing, shooting...

Yeah she gets to wear the signiture garb, and pants! Who would have guessed...lol.

No pistols, sorry, but there are a couple of serious automatic weapons, those are nice...lol. There is a secret way to get them of what I have been told, but I have yet to get a solid answer how.

My favorite part of the game was the beginning. It's great and there are many different ways to go about it, (like I never met the French woman, I talked to a dude in a park instead.

It's a great game as far as I'm concerned.

Heather