PDA

View Full Version : anyone notice this in one of the TR sample movies you could D/L?



Rusty_DK
15th Jul 2003, 08:54
ON the TRChronicles site you could D/L a movie with footage of AOD, however, i remember seeing a part in one of the movies where it showed Lara falling in the pyramid of Set in TR:LR with Von Croy and his hand out stretched in an effort to save her. The thing is that this wasn't in the game...does anyone remember it???

And i've also noticed massive and i mean MASSIVE changes to the original AOD...apprently on the first level she was able to go inside the bin when she went to the door and the police would come out and get her, but now when you go to the door there is no police, just the dog.

Apprently she was also meant to act accordingly to her health, ie. when she's hurt she would limp and what's this crap i've heard about when lara shoots the guards and they see a guard on the floor dead, they would act accordingly like they did in MGS2??? I dunno what Core did but some of the changes they got rid of were some of the best ideas...

CyCro
15th Jul 2003, 09:20
Originally posted by Rusty_DK

And i've also noticed massive and i mean MASSIVE changes to the original AOD...apprently on the first level she was able to go inside the bin when she went to the door and the police would come out and get her, but now when you go to the door there is no police, just the dog.



Yes I noticed that too. And the way the game ends when she gets caught has been slightly changed as well.

RebeL_fARmeR
15th Jul 2003, 09:27
Now, if I posted that... :rolleyes:

Rusty_DK
15th Jul 2003, 09:32
Originally posted by RebeL_fARmeR
Now, if I posted that... :rolleyes:
No because unlike you Rebel_Farmer i wasn't bashing the game, i was just simply asking where they put all the original ideas for the game which seemed to be some of the best ideas for it

RebeL_fARmeR
15th Jul 2003, 09:36
But what I'M trying to say is that if I so much as say that the tiniest little thing annoys me you start having a go at me! Like my last post, saying that the last boss was too easy in my opinion, what do you want me to say?

Rusty_DK
15th Jul 2003, 09:40
ok one thing, im not annoyed with the changes, i like the game...i just object to seeing so many posts made by you about how much you hate the game or how you can criticise it in some other way or dimension...that's what get's to me...i don't need to see yet another thread about how you object to the game when i come on to the forum.

anyway this is off topic to my thread so if you wanna continue this conversation, i suggest you PM me.

Silvers
15th Jul 2003, 09:51
A theory I have been toying with is that this isn't the game they originally wrote.

Judging by all the pre game hype and the time to publish and stuff I was thinking that they had a problem - either writers leaving and taking Intellectual property or else the similarities to other games or stories were getting too large so they changed stuff to avoid legal probs. Just a thought - that or the aliens did it.

I agree there are definitely "in game" scenes in the TR videos that aren't in here.

The Von Croy in the pyramid scene - wasn't that at the end of TR4? Maybe included for background

RebeL_fARmeR
15th Jul 2003, 09:58
Want to continue the conversation? What's the point in arguing? I say we just dwaw a line and drop it:

Yeah, ok, I post negative stuff, what about the positive stuff?
i just object to seeing so many posts made by you about how much you hate the game or how you can criticise it in some other way or dimension You seem to think that I loathe TRAOD in every way possible, that is SO not the truth. I LIKE the game, a LOT, I think AOD is a GREAT game. I say what's good, I say what's bad, what I like, what I despise, this forum's here for us to express our opinions about the game freely, LOADS of people trash the game MUCH more than me, ripping it to bits all over the place, I respect the opinions of every single one of them. What annoys me here is that you PERSONALLY have a pop at me and take note to ANYTHING nagative that I post... when really I'm not one of the worst for shredding AOD. Some people here loathe the game intensely and let it all out for us all to read.

I LOVE AOD, great game, just accept that and maybe we can stop this pointless argument.

Call it quits, deal?

Rusty_DK
15th Jul 2003, 09:59
Originally posted by Silvers
A theory I have been toying with is that this isn't the game they originally wrote.

Judging by all the pre game hype and the time to publish and stuff I was thinking that they had a problem - either writers leaving and taking Intellectual property or else the similarities to other games or stories were getting too large so they changed stuff to avoid legal probs. Just a thought - that or the aliens did it.

I agree there are definitely "in game" scenes in the TR videos that aren't in here.

The Von Croy in the pyramid scene - wasn't that at the end of TR4? Maybe included for background

yes the Von Croy bit was in TR4 however in the video previews for AOD it shows lara in her AOD form with black tank top and everything and Von Croy in his AOD form with lara slipping and falling into blackness...it's taken from AOD...maybe it could be from one of the up and coming games i don't know, but it's def not from TR4, def from an updated version...it almost looks as though it's a flashback of some sort...I'd take a screen shot but i have no where to post it to...

Rusty_DK
15th Jul 2003, 10:00
ok deal :) no hard feelings...but if you think i just "pop" at you then you're sadly mistaken...but as you said, lets drop it and move on.

Silvers
15th Jul 2003, 10:06
Originally posted by Rusty_DK
yes the Von Croy bit was in TR4 however in the video previews for AOD it shows lara in her AOD form with black tank top and everything and Von Croy in his AOD form with lara slipping and falling into blackness...it's taken from AOD...maybe it could be from one of the up and coming games i don't know, but it's def not from TR4, def from an updated version...it almost looks as though it's a flashback of some sort...I'd take a screen shot but i have no where to post it to...

No need I'll take your word for it! Its been a while since I looked at the videos so I didn't realise that the scene had been redone.

By the way - in the first scene with Von Croy - she accuses him of leaving her in Egypt. Yeah okay he got possessed and tried to kill her, but leave her? Didn't he spend ages looking for her? I was a tad confused. She seemed really angry with him.

RebeL_fARmeR
15th Jul 2003, 10:08
C'mon Rusty, give us a cuddle!!! :D

Silvers, the game IS a lot different from the original plan. I seem to recall reading through a list of characters on www.tombraiderchronicles.com and about 5 of them were not featured in the finished (kinda) version. Like, for example, some mysterious woman who de-knackered Lara after her fall in Egypt, nursed her back to good health, wasn't in the finished game.

Rusty_DK
15th Jul 2003, 21:58
maybe all those characters and video shots we've seen will be in the up and coming TR's...:confused:

RebeL_fARmeR
16th Jul 2003, 07:42
I doubt it... but we can always hope.

Rusty_DK
16th Jul 2003, 10:03
i don't...lol

just being complicated



It looks as though it's major footage...i think it will be in the up and coming ones...maybe lara will find some closure and realise that Von Croy didn't leave her, since that particular piece of footage that i was refering to before