PDA

View Full Version : Issue with Kurtis in the Maximum Containment Area-anybody else running out of ammo?

razor_blade456
15th Jul 2003, 04:35
Okay I have fallen to using a walkthrough, and well...okay first...really freakin' scary level...anywho, I am just past killing the really mutant guys in *Maximum Containment Area*. Okay really hard to explain where the hell I am, but I'll try...Alright I have found the code that opens the door, killed the beastys, took the card, got into the next set of halls, went left from where you enter this section down the slopeing hall, where a soon to be dead security guy is with two mutant beastys, killed the beasties, *near a lab type area, actually looks more like a morge*and I look ahead in my walkthrough to find out that I go through a bunch of crap, but eventually, with no more ammo mentioned, I am suppose to fight the proto Nephiliam and I have absolutly no ammo at the moment. My walkthrough says I should have plenty of ammo, but it takes like an entire clip to kill these mutant freaks and so I am completely depleated of ammo.....

Did anybody else have this problem? Is there more ammo somewhere that I am not aware of? Is there more ammo in the room with the Proto Nephiliam? Can I kill the Proto Nephiliam with no big health pack and no more ammo?

Help! Why did they not give more ammo, they gave tons to Laura, why not Kurtis? What I wouldn't give for my shotgun with the 96 packs of ammo right about now:rolleyes:

:p This sucks,:p
Heather

nielske
15th Jul 2003, 16:24
i have the exact same problem no ammo
there is one clip in the room with the proto
but when i push ctrl to pick it up he hits the beast instead of pikking the clip up

i'm in big trouble
did you kill him about now

if i realy can't beat the beast i will juse cheats
but i hope i don't need to

:D :D :D :D :D

razor_blade456
15th Jul 2003, 17:20
I haven't tried yet, scared to. I've asked a guy for a save (just in case), I don't might trying to fight it if I had AMMO! sheesh...Is there any cheats for like unlimited ammo? That would be helpful...lol. I'm playing on my PC, and the only cheats I have found are codes for gameshark.

I'm going to die...lol:eek:

If you find any cheats send them my way:)

Heather

lizley
15th Jul 2003, 19:35
Thankfully I am past this area and managed to have enough ammo to kill the Proto, but you are absolutley right they defo didn't give Kurtis enough ammo or weapons in the game. I am currently stick in the same predicament as you further on and again its Kurtis having a lack of ammo. Its ruing the gameplay for me cos I get stressed out getting killed all the time, so I'm taking an AOD break til I get a cheat for unlimited ammo and I pray it will be soon !!! I think the Sanitarium and Maximum Containment Area is by far the creepiest level I've experienced... it gives me goosebumps just thinking about it ughhhhhhh ;)

razor_blade456
15th Jul 2003, 20:56
The whole thing is driving me bananas, and I can't decide which is creepier, the creepy music, or no music at all and all you hear is the wales of the mutant freeks...*shiver*

Who's job was the ammo placement because it sucks?! It's like they give you plenty of ammo when you don't need it (IE the TONS of shotgun rounds, that I now have no gun for...grrrr:mad: )
But when you really need it (IE everything with Kutis) fresh out, and that seems to go with health too. Dang they are getting stingy with it...lol.

Grumble!!!!!!!

If ANYONE knows a cheat for unlimited ammo, PLEASE PLEASE let me know, bcause it is very irritating.

Thanks Heather

Raven
15th Jul 2003, 21:21
I had this exact same problem at first-I then realised that I had missed an ammo pick up. You may have done the same....did you pick up the ammo clip that was sitting on top of the satchel in an open cell? The cell in question is just to the left of the sloping hall you mentioned, Heather.

I missed the pick up totally, and had to backtrack and poke around quite a bit to find it even after I knew where it was supposed to be.
In the room where you fight him there is a large health pack at one end on the right and unlimited ammo on the left. The tough part is getting to the ammo without having Proto right behind you, cause if he's too close pressing the action button to try to pick up the ammo will just result in Kurtis trying to punch him, as nielske said.
The thing to do is fire at him until he falls over or clambers up to the ceiling-he does this periodically. As soon as he's off your tail run to pick up the ammo. You can only pick up one clip at a time but it will replenish itself in time for Proto's next play dead/retreat to the ceiling.
If you get the pick up I mentioned, you should have just enough ammo on entering the room to cause him to retreat for the first time, after which you can grab the clip from the floor. Go back and grab more each time he retreats.
If you still don't have enough, you may have used too much on the mutants. You don't have to kill the orange-suited mutant at all, or the one inside the cafeteria kitchen-they can usually just be avoided. Also, try firing at them from point blank range-you use less bullets that way.
Hope this helps-if any of you are still stuck, I have a savegame right after I killed Proto that I can send you.

razor_blade456
15th Jul 2003, 22:53
Yeah, I already found that ammo, and I tried my hand at the beast. Failed miserably. Apparently, punching and kicking really doesn't do much:P

So where exactly is the ammo and health pack, because you do get a little time right after the cut scene and maybe I can make a run for it. You think?...lol

Thanks for your help,

Heather

P.S.
How right after is the save, because I would hate to miss all the movies..:P...I'm so selfish...lol...I just wish I had more ammo:P Do you happen to have a save right before the beast, but with ammo?

Raven
15th Jul 2003, 23:31
Originally posted by razor_blade456
So where exactly is the ammo and health pack, because you do get a little time right after the cut scene and maybe I can make a run for it. You think?...lol

I don't think you'd make it...the beastie is right in your face after the cut scene and you probably wouldn't have time to grab the ammo. The ammo is in to the left and in front of that big machine with all the pipes coming out of it....almost at the bottom of the short staircase on the left of the room as you look at the machine.

But yes, I do have a save where Kurtis has already downed Proto three times and only needs a few more bullets to finish him off for good. He has plenty of ammo left in that save-I've just replayed it and it only took a few seconds to drop the beast, after which the cutscene plays. Yell if you want it :)

razor_blade456
15th Jul 2003, 23:31
Well I just tried it again and got my ass kicked. I tried at the save I have a little before where I still have ammo, the THREE mutant beasties kicked my ass...apparently gun fire is the better weapon of choice. I only have one other option and that's to start all over from right before Lara gets stuck in the Bio Room and I start as Kurtis and try to save ammo *good thing I saved there* This stinks...grrr....everyone of those dang dead security guards should come with freakin' ammo! You know they would have to have some if they are armed...which they were....

ARGH!!!!!!!

*grumble*

Heather

Raven
15th Jul 2003, 23:35
There there :) See my post above.......

razor_blade456
15th Jul 2003, 23:38
Oh please oh please can I have it? This driving me nuts...Oh and could you tell me where I put it?lol...THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!

How much ammo did you leave Laura? B/c there is this spot where she practicly depleats all of her ammo fighting these creepy critters in the Bio-Dome, or you can run and get out of there without fighting them (I know because i did it both ways..) I just ask, because I wouldn't want to return to Lara and find out I have ammo issues with her...lol.

I will love you forever!

Heather

tomb_raiding
15th Jul 2003, 23:46
hey Heather,

All u gotta do is when u ran outta ammo while fighting the monkey ..I mean the proto, just run around the room, It'll eventually get bored and climb up the genrator which gives u enough time to get the clip ;)

Raven
15th Jul 2003, 23:52
[QUOTE]Originally posted by razor_blade456
Oh please oh please can I have it? This driving me nuts...Oh and could you tell me where I put it?lol...THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!![/quote

No probs! I've been helped by other people's savegames in the past, so I'm happy to help other Raiders in the same way :)
I'll email it to you with instructions as to where to place it...

Lara has plenty of ammo left, as I ran past the Bio-Dome freaks rather than fight them....I too used all my ammo up on those grub things first time around :rolleyes:

OK I'll go and get it mailed now, if I have any problems I'll post back here and let you know :)

Raven
15th Jul 2003, 23:58
Hmm, that strategy didn't work when I played it, tomb_raiding...it only retreated once I'd pumped it full of bullets.....still, might be worth a try?
Anyways, I've just realised I can't send the attachment by clicking on the email option in your profile. If you still need the save, send me your email address in a PM (assuming you'd rather not post it on the open forums) and I'll wing it over.

razor_blade456
16th Jul 2003, 00:03
Thank you again so much for all of your help:)

Heather

P.S
Sent the message and you should be getting it soon:)

Raven
16th Jul 2003, 00:34
Again, no problems.....OK, I've sent it off, hope it works OK...now go get that freaky mutant baboon dog monkey type thing! :)

J. Burnaway
16th Jul 2003, 03:25
I'm playing the PS2 version, and I don't know if I am in a glitch, but I have over 1,000 clips. Strange.

Anyone else have that?

It also says I have 112 shards.

Silvers
16th Jul 2003, 14:54
Impressive amount of ammo! I thinks its a glitch.

I had the ammo problem but I went back and did the Kurtis bit again and got throught with about 14 clips - its easy really, just turn tail and run like a girl (obviously not a girl like Lara) everytime a lunatic comes at you. Get to a doorway and they can't follow you through!

Somewhat crap tactic but you need the ammo later.

Raven
16th Jul 2003, 19:30
I tried that as well, but they did follow me through, and poor old Kurtis got cornered by three of the straitjacketed horrors :rolleyes:

Sabre2th
16th Jul 2003, 23:20
Hey, all that you have to do is start kicking the proto Nefelum's
***. In other words fight him hand to claw, mano-a-animano, fisticuffs, bludgeon him with your fists, feet, head, or anything else that you can throw at him. I shot him and dropped him Twice and ran out of slugs, so I started fighting him and dropped him two more times. He's really a kitty-cat.

grfegfg
17th Jul 2003, 01:52
when u run out of ammo, the clip on the floor reapears again.

phoenixrising
17th Jul 2003, 07:14
Yeah, hit him with kicks and punches. That worked for me coz I ran into the same problem as you. Besides, using the guns in this game is pretty lousy. Everytime Lara or Kurtis draws a weapon they go into crazy mode. It's like the gun is possessed or something. Stick with mano-a-mano fighting. Kurtis is a much better fighter than Lara and that proto beasty thing isnt that hard to beat.

Sabre2th
21st Jul 2003, 23:43
I decided to fight him hand to hand because when I tried to pick up the clip all Kurtis would do was to hit or kick him.
So I tried it and liked it better. I'm going to go back and try it again later from the start instead of shooting him.