PDA

View Full Version : Janos Audron ?

Valzara
15th Jul 2003, 03:41
Lok at this (http://www.gamespy.com/asp/image.asp?&genre=action&image=/previews/july03/lokdefiancemulti/07.jpg) picture, what do you guys think about that winged fellow in the picture, he has the same out look with Janos but he looks evil, may be he is one of the boss to be encounter. But one thing that confuse me is normally a game (action game) will not show the boss, which is the main suprise in the game before the game release. Or, he is just a npc who will give Raziel information? (just like the big demon in BO2, in the area Device)

And one more thing, his wings are bigger than Raziel and Janos'...:p

someguysteve
15th Jul 2003, 03:56
there is already a topic or two like this one.

but yeah, Crystal said they wouldn't release any (much) of the plot and i'd think that would include not trusting random gaming magazines and the like not to give away the plot by giving them demo/pictures that give away the plot.

so maybe its not what we think, the guy in the picture looks injured, his feathers are a different color than Janos', and maybe his feet are different (i can't remember so i'll look through SR2). what this means i don't know, but Raziel and the other guy appear to be talking (they aren't doing anything else), but Raziel looks ready to fight.

edit:
i looked at the 3d model of Janos from SR2 and the wings might be the same size, also he didn't have toes, but hooves like Kain and Raziel

Sade Lyrate
15th Jul 2003, 04:45
The difference in wing size might just be attributed to
'artistic license'...but do consider that we never saw Janos
with his wings stretched open in SR2...;)

There's just a question or two that trouble me personally
with this pic...Why are that guy's eyes a-glowing?
And why the heck does he look like he's 'suspended
in air'...? (instead of 'floating' as in 'flying'?)

Yours, with deference

Zephonim
15th Jul 2003, 11:28
yeah its like hes on the strings of the "puppet elder" youd think he would bend his knees or point his hands at Raz but no he just leers at him with his finely cloven toes and fingers lol:p

Valzara
16th Jul 2003, 01:55
Yeah... for Janos in SR2, he is 'standing' on the floor but for thispicture that fellow is 'flying' above the floor.
And notice this :
In SR1-Noone have wing except Raziel
IN SR2 - Janos has wing but it seems unmoveable.
In BO2 - Janos has smaller wings but it can move just like a fallen Angel(since it's black)
For Defiance, I'm sure this wings will be moveable and better looking than previos game.

warpsavant
16th Jul 2003, 02:10
If it's Janos, and if it is a boss, I think Kain should kill him and not Raziel. Or maybe thats just Janos' ghost.

Umah Bloodomen
16th Jul 2003, 02:12
Originally posted by warpsavant
If it's Janos, and if it is a boss, I think Kain should kill him and not Raziel. Or maybe thats just Janos' ghost.

Why? I'd rather see Raz do it. Afterall he's more emotionally *attached* to Janos. Kain could do it no problem. I'd like to see Raziel's conflict about having to make the decision.

Besides, Kain needs to dispose of Raz and maybe big V. ;)

EDIT: Grammatical adjustment

Kain's Ancient Blade
16th Jul 2003, 02:20
Look at Janos' legs closely or zoomed up. Doesn't he look wounded? Or am I the only one who sees this?

punkst4r
16th Jul 2003, 03:40
Your not the only one it does seem like wounds.Or atleast decaying flesh.

Umah Bloodomen
16th Jul 2003, 03:46
I actually made mention of *Janos'* battle damage in this thread. (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19975)

L_Master562
16th Jul 2003, 04:09
Rotting flesh.

I even have comparison images. (http://www.geocities.com/legacyofkainmedia/rotten.html)

punkst4r
16th Jul 2003, 04:39
It's probably a new special affect where as you fight some one you start seeing wounds and chipotes.Or since janos has been dead he easily gets wounded or mabey it's from the demon dimension or mabey........oh forget it.

Sade Lyrate
16th Jul 2003, 05:35
And while we're on the subject of staring at images...
wanna answer a question of mine?

Anyone willing to tell me why the heck has this Janos-y
been playing with matches?;)

I mean, just take a look at the ends of those feathers
in his wings! They're edged with flames!

HaHaa!
I _know_!:D

*puff*
"You called, Master...?"

Rotting flesh...? Yes, indeed it does look like that...
or healing flesh goes too...wonder what's up with this...

Or then he's just made the mistake of going too near
that torch-like thing behind him...;)

"Aah, Raziel! Don't just stare! Get the fire extinguisher!"

Or then Janos-y's been having a speech...
"Uh...Janos?"
"Your path is clear, your destiny awaits, Raziel. There is no reason to tarry."
"But, uh..."
"Go!"

:D

You know, sometimes I honestly think I'm having
wayyy too much fun with LoK...;)

...rambling ends...

Yours, with deference

Munch
16th Jul 2003, 08:17
Look closely at the pic, ive noticed a some things.
He's wearing something around his mouth and shoulders very similar to Raziel.
He's got glowing eyes just like Raziel.

Well it looks like Janos is back from that dimension, but what have the hylden done to him, could it be mind control? Or is Janos really evil?

Umah Bloodomen
16th Jul 2003, 08:32
We've pretty much disproved the cowl theory. Also, I doubt this will be after Janos returns from the Demon Dimension, on account he wasn't decked out in the fancy robes when he went in and I doubt the inhabitants of the dimension were hospitable enough to supply him with them.

EDIT: Also, I haven't encountered a demon wearing anything, let alone something similar to what he's wearing.

Rook
16th Jul 2003, 08:43
It's just Raziel meeting his future past self. http://www.imagemagician.com/images/rook/wayfarer/anim-rolleyesltblu.gif

vampire of balance
16th Jul 2003, 14:04
Originally posted by Rook
It's just Raziel meeting his future past self.
Yes. That's what I said when I saw the image.

Zephonim
16th Jul 2003, 22:52
Does this mean that Raziel will end up being the one to kill himself in his ancient form aswell ,poor Raz he must loathe himself;)

warpsavant
17th Jul 2003, 00:43
Originally posted by Umah Bloodomen
Why? I'd rather see Raz do it. Afterall he's more emotionally *attached* to Janos. Kain could do it no problem. I'd like to see Raziel's conflict about having to make the decision.

Besides, Kain needs to dispose of Raz and maybe big V. ;)

EDIT: Grammatical adjustment

I just don't see Raziel and Janos fighting (like Raziel resotring Janos heart and then they fight makes no sense), I 'm more interested in Janos vs Kain, it makes more sense with my interpretation of the story. Alot would have to happen for me to be down with Raz vs Janos.

Umah Bloodomen
17th Jul 2003, 00:53
Originally posted by warpsavant
I just don't see Raziel and Janos fighting (like Raziel resotring Janos heart and then they fight makes no sense), I 'm more interested in Janos vs Kain, it makes more sense with my interpretation of the story. Alot would have to happen for me to be down with Raz vs Janos.

Well if Janos attacks the Jawless Wonder, I would certainly hope the twit would do whatever it took to defend himself.

warpsavant
17th Jul 2003, 01:07
I think Janos needs Raziel, he wouldn't attack him. Maybe after Janos presented the Reaver to Raziel, and if the wraithblade left Raziel and wrapped lovingly around its former self, then he'd attack him. But until this happens, Janos ain't attackin' 'im. And that aint gonna happen cause Kain has the Reaver now and I guess Janos is screwed until he gets it back.

Munch
17th Jul 2003, 13:28
Originally posted by Umah Bloodomen
I doubt this will be after Janos returns from the Demon Dimension, on account he wasn't decked out in the fancy robes when he went in and I doubt the inhabitants of the dimension were hospitable enough to supply him with them.

Well if they were kind enough to make him evil, then why not? ;)