PDA

View Full Version : curtis versus boaz

josak64
15th Jul 2003, 03:27
I am about the play with my new 50.00+ dollar Lara Croft AOD Playstation2 frisbee! I have made it to where Curtus has it out with Boaz. I know what needs to be done. I have to pop the pods on her side that are spiiting out the green stuff, BUT he keeps aiming at the 2 front ones even though I have destroyed those! When it is not spitting at me, I shoot her in the face on the belly of the beast! Why is Curtus soooo stupid that he keeps aiming at a target that is no longer a threat? I tap my triangle button to change targets but all he does is drop to his knees to catch a face full of green goo! HELP ME PLEASE!!!

Curtissux
15th Jul 2003, 07:44
I totally agree with you man. He is more worried about his movements than aiming.
1) the stinking triangle button don't work to get him to target something else
2) he won't jump worth a darn
3) he won't straffe

Why did they pull Laura out anyway? If I wanted to play with a different character I would have bought a different game. Very frustrated with him at this point. Heck atleast let me use his telekinetic powers to like freeze Boaz or something while I try to get the moron to target the pods that are active. Tonight I noticed that he had the pods on the opposite side of the creature cause I was blowing the legs off of the stupid thing. No wonder they give you a rediculous amount of ammo with his stupid lame other bleeped words that I probably shouldn't put here. If someone from Edios is reading this PLEASE give me a code or something to kill him and get Laura back in the game on this. Or atleast a code that will make him move/aim correctly, something!

LaraCroft_TombRaider
15th Jul 2003, 07:55
it's "Lara" dear.:rolleyes:

Rusty_DK
15th Jul 2003, 08:35
i dont think i tapped the triangle button to re-aim....try other buttons

Iconoclast
15th Jul 2003, 08:45
Try the square button.

moe888uk
15th Jul 2003, 12:15
This thread is funny.

First the triangle to switch targets:D :D

Then Laura:D :D :D :D :D

J. Burnaway
16th Jul 2003, 03:33
Originally posted by moe888uk
This thread is funny.

First the triangle to switch targets:D :D

Then Laura:D :D :D :D :D
I'm not sure why that's funny - the instruction manual says the triangle button switches targets. Frustrating, yes. Funny? No.

gamechik
16th Jul 2003, 03:43
:rolleyes: I'm so happy I have the PC version now. :rolleyes:

NrthnStar5
16th Jul 2003, 05:04
Yea, i'm so frusterated with boaz! I'm so frusterated with the entire game. i've never had a game get me so pissed off! i feel like i have to slam my keys down to get the fricken character to move. ARGH!

NrthnStar5
16th Jul 2003, 05:11
I HATE THIS GAME. I HATE IT. I want to crush the damn crap! Maybe, JUST MAYBE, if kurtis, the lame ass retard would aim where he is supposed to, and actually MOVE when i tell him to, i would be able to beat BOaz, but because of that, I CANNOT! I was told you push end to switch targets, but that is a bunch of bull. I want to finish this trash game, and trade it in, because i'm so sick of it. This has put a whole scar on how i felt for the tomb raider games. :mad:

NrthnStar5
16th Jul 2003, 05:33
I HATE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tony Ellen
16th Jul 2003, 05:49
Hey relax you guys, I think the solution (for PS2) is to press the square button to switch targets. It was a flaw in the manual. It's not triangle, it's square. I haven't tried it out yet but when you do make sure you're shooting first and then press square or else you'll just jump. For PC users try hitting the button you use for jump while shooting. But I still think that Kurtis is an idiot, why shoot at something that doesn't pose a threat? You too Lara!

josak64
16th Jul 2003, 15:29
The sguare button changes the targets and Curtis had no problem with Boaz. I love this game!
Although, quite a bit of it doesn't makes sense. Why would Curtis get Lara out of the pit and why worry about Boaz in the first place? Eckhart is the real problem, and the primary concern. He is the one who could become immortal and rule the world, right?
I think that if they want to put another playable character in the game, they should give you the option to use them or not. Don't make it a "have to" thing.

owen10
16th Jul 2003, 16:43
Lock onto Boaz. Shoot face, until pods release green goo, strafe round to one side and use square to retarget the pods, shoot till they crack. Repeat the process, only strafing round to the other side, to destroy the two remaining pods. End of fight.