PDA

View Full Version : i liked lara best when i didn't know who she was...

numb
15th Jul 2003, 00:15
http://www.semiconscious.com/lara2.jpg

ruthless, cold-blooded, enigmatic...

this's the way i remember lara, & this was the lara i enjoyed playing in the early trs, a woman as capable of locking her butler in the freezer as blasting a t-rex - a driven, unpredictable (& somewhat crazed?) cipher...

come 'last revelation', there was a bit of a look into her personal life, but only so far as it related to her encountering von croy in the story itself. 'chronicles' also provided a bit more insight, but not really, & the episodes themselves gave away nothing...

'aod' has 'humanized' lara, mainly by trapping her in circumstances not really of her own choosing. i feel like i'm seeing more of lara in this game than i'd care to see & learning more about her than i'd care to learn. it's not so much that she's weak or vulnerable as it is that she's toned-down - no sneer, no snarl... no spirit...

if this is part of her 'maturation', so be it. but i'll always be fonder of the anarchic hellion of early on...

Mangar The Dark
15th Jul 2003, 02:04
As I mentioned in an earlier post, Lara is more of a "Baddie" than Von Croy... and that picture you posted speaks volumes to attest to that! Yep, she's psycho.