PDA

View Full Version : Storyline flaw

carlitoo
14th Jul 2003, 17:00
Apparantly the aim of the game is to clear Lara's name in the murder case of Von Croy. But, correct me if I'm wrong, but shooting a security guard in the head while in the Louvre is murder isn't it? Cos that's what I've just had to do!:D

owen10
14th Jul 2003, 17:04
Yes, and it's odd how Lara hasn't been found guilty of killing people in the past really. It's all a bit hypocritical to be honest. :rolleyes:

Lone Raider
14th Jul 2003, 20:36
oooh, come on, they´re all baddies, and Werner´s a goodie, innit?
So what if the storyline has a flaw. At least it has a storyline! :rolleyes:

owen10
14th Jul 2003, 21:34
That's true as well. :)

Maura00
14th Jul 2003, 21:44
Von Croy was a baddie, in The Last Revelation. I don't really know when/if he turned good. It is kinda weird.
-Maura00

Raven
14th Jul 2003, 21:54
What I found odd was Lara's accusation to Von Croy that he left her in Egypt......erm, didn't he in fact come back for her, try to help her out of the collapsing tomb, then coordinate a huge dig trying to find her? From the way she talks you'd think he just ran off and abandoned her to a horrible fate.......hmm, now that sounds familiar-Race for the Iris, anyone??? I think Lara has no business being so angry and bitter towards him :p

Finiz
14th Jul 2003, 22:02
Originally posted by Lone Raider
oooh, come on, they´re all baddies, and Werner´s a goodie, innit?
So what if the storyline has a flaw. At least it has a storyline! :rolleyes:

The guards at the Louvre aren't really baddies....they're just doing their jobs, earning money by guarding that Mona Lisa :) (and they suck at it)
At home they've certainly got some nice kids and a loving housewife, but noooooo big bad Lara has to shoot them all ! :D

Bitmold
14th Jul 2003, 22:18
I think it's worse that she has to shoot animals.

Maura00
14th Jul 2003, 22:31
I never did like Van Croy. The first level (Angor Wat) in the Last Revelation when we met him, I knew he was the baddie. He just had the creepy bad....baddness(0_o) to him. Oh well, he deserved to die.
And it's not like those security guards have a choice. You either kill them or be killed. And I personally find it quite distrubing to have to kill animals...killing humans is just so more satisfying...in a disturbing way.
-Maura00

BkBaby999
14th Jul 2003, 22:39
Lara's accusation to Von Croy that he left her in Egypt......erm, didn't he in fact come back for her, try to help her out of the collapsing tomb, then coordinate a huge dig trying to find her? From the way she talks you'd think he just ran off and abandoned her to a horrible fate.......hmm, now that sounds familiar-Race for the Iris, anyone??

I've been thinking the same thing......
and about the "I kill 50 people to prove I didn't kill one?"
and the animals too, that's wrong!

RickyBoi
14th Jul 2003, 22:49
Yeah, but Von Croy was the person responsible for lara being trapped in the tomb. he pulled out that ank thing, trapping her. I never liked him, i'm glad he died.:D
As for the shooting guards and animals....screw them. they got in my way, they get full of bullets:cool:
Besides, it's not like there is many animals to kill. and they are trying to kill Lara. its dog eat dog world out there.

Mangar The Dark
14th Jul 2003, 23:43
Lara is more of a "baddie" than Von Croy. Consider their history:

Von Croy takes Lara on an expedition. Sure, he's got a bit of a superiority complex (which is really pathetic for a middle-aged man to have over a 16 year old), but he doesn't really do anything bad. He then gets stuck in Angkor Wat, and Lara runs away. Of course, she had little choice, so we can't fault her yet.

Then, years later, she decides to go after the Iris again. Keep in mind, this is the very artifact that she was afraid to take in Cambodia, and the artifact that Von Croy almost died while taking. So, basically, she let him do the dirty work so she could steal it from him. Not only does she steal it, she murders his staff in the process of stealing it.

Naturally, Von Croy is a tad pissed off at this point. So he decides two can play at this game, and he decides to steal the Amulet of Horus from Lara. However, he has a change of heart in the end and actually tries to help Lara, and when he is unable to help her, he launches a huge search and recover mission. But does Lara appreciate this? No, of course not. And I can almost guarantee she never offered to return the Iris to him as a means of apologizing.

Lone Raider
15th Jul 2003, 00:16
hmmm. Lara the swine. Of course you´re all quite right in what you´re saying.
I should rephrase my post.
Werner is an old friend - whatever has been going on between them over the years, and I suppose Lara is trying to avenge him.
The guards in the Louvre? well, I don´t kill them , I use my dart gun and render them unconscious, you know, I´m not so brutal that I kill if I don´t have to... ( made a custom level all without enemies once just puzzles and deep chasms and stuff :))
With "baddies"I was more referring to all those people in Prague who shoot at her as soon as she zooms
around the
corner, and the monsters and stuff.
Let´s put it this way:
if you´re having a good old punch up with your mate and someone attacks the both of you, you´ll both be punching them and forget about your argument, right?
Oh and did I mention that Werner actually was possessed by Seth in TR4? He didn´t have much of a choice there really.
Arrogant, yeah, but I don´t think he was REAL BAD.

Raven
15th Jul 2003, 00:38
The worst bits are in parts like the Area 51 levels in TRIII and the skyscraper in Chronicles. You have to sneak up behind a guard who is simply doing his job and put a bullet in his brain before he even knows you're there.
I would welcome an option to knock people out with a hand to hand attack-such as karate chopping them into unconsciousness rather than snapping their necks.
Lara is quite evil, really, isn't she? :D