PDA

View Full Version : Game Rocks !!! (get A New Pc)

Danwalker
14th Jul 2003, 15:38
Please people, Before complaining about the game being half-finished, i suggest you get a new PC !!

We all want fancy new graphics in our games to keep ahead of the competion. ( XBOX, PS2) Come to think of it there isn't any competion with the PC left, as eidos has proved with this wonderful title.

Well the time has come, with games like Dues Ex 2 and doom on the way to upgrade once again, This is the price we must pay to have the best.

Long live Eidos and the PC

P.S. Anachronox, Thief and Commandos series rocks !! can't wait for sequels....

Ambit
14th Jul 2003, 21:29
Hmm, thanks for that, but I've just upgraded my PC to a 2.4 gig P4 with a GeForce 4 Ti4200, 512 DDR RAM, 60 gig UDMA100 hard-drive, and the game is still glitchy as hell and still crashes if I try to play it at over 1024x768. Most problems with this game seem to have little to do with people's hardware, but instead with a game that was put out too soon. I find it hard to believe that anybody actually beta-tested AOD before it was released... Unless the beta-testers were blind monkeys.

Worse than that, as I've mentioned twice before but never got a response, if I try to install the patch, I can't even run the game - I just get this error in a dialogue box entitled "Application Error":

Build Jul 2 2003 17:17:10

The Following Error has occured

Generic Game Error

ASSERTION: 'SUCCEEDED(hr)' at C:\projects\tomb raider\Game\shell\system\PC\sys_d3d_vmr9.cpp(1568)

Cheers,
KB

RedLegg
15th Jul 2003, 05:45
Originally posted by Ambit
Hmm, thanks for that, but I've just upgraded my PC to a 2.4 gig P4 with a GeForce 4 Ti4200, 512 DDR RAM, 60 gig UDMA100 hard-drive, and the game is still glitchy as hell and still crashes if I try to play it at over 1024x768. Most problems with this game seem to have little to do with people's hardware, but instead with a game that was put out too soon. I find it hard to believe that anybody actually beta-tested AOD before it was released... Unless the beta-testers were blind monkeys.

Worse than that, as I've mentioned twice before but never got a response, if I try to install the patch, I can't even run the game - I just get this error in a dialogue box entitled "Application Error":

Build Jul 2 2003 17:17:10

The Following Error has occured

Generic Game Error

ASSERTION: 'SUCCEEDED(hr)' at C:\projects\tomb raider\Game\shell\system\PC\sys_d3d_vmr9.cpp(1568)

Cheers,
KB

That is an odd error. What language version of the game have you attempted to patch?

Ambit
15th Jul 2003, 10:22
I patched the English version (UK). Someone posted with a similar problem here:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?threadid=19842

Though their problem occurred before they installed the patch and whilst they were actually playing the game...

I re-installed the game without the patch so that it's at least playable, but I would really like to install the patch and get rid of some of those annoying glitches... :(

Thanks,
KB

tomb_raiding
15th Jul 2003, 11:08
You have a serious problem dude sorry can't help :(

LCTR
15th Jul 2003, 20:41
Geting a new PC definitely isnt the answer. I have a high end system and it doesnt run well at all. 2.53 ghz radeon 9500 pro should be plenty.

Danwalker
16th Jul 2003, 00:58
Like i said a the top of the post the game runs fine for me, and i dont even have a high end PC, It is getting old now, but i know one thing it is damn stable !

Anyway all you have to do is keep on top of the driver updates for everything, sound, video, M/B.

Fair enough for people with absolute Brand Spanking New Pcs their drivers may not be stable and the bugs are still yet to be ironed out.

Intel P4 1.8 o/c 2.2
M/b MSI 845E Max2
MSI G4Ti4400 300 core / 600 mem
512 Kingston 333 mhz only runing at 266 stupid M/b!!

Blah Blah Blah ...

jso2897
16th Jul 2003, 02:59
A better PC may not be the answer. My pc is on the low end of the permissable specs, and AOD is playing great on it. The game seems to be persnickety - as if it just likes some hardware/software configurations, and doesn't like others, for as yet unknown reasons.