PDA

View Full Version : Kurtis in Aod

lilara
14th Jul 2003, 14:37
With Kurtis I reakon a bit of sexual tension between him & Lara.

I loved the game even though it took some time to get use to the new controls and when u hanging or shimmering that was weird did not liked that.

I started to freak out when it got scary.
especially when I found a dead body.

And does anyone have any new infomation on the next tombraider game the one after Aod like how long will it take them to do the next one.

MacAngel
14th Jul 2003, 21:08
Personally I thought Kurtis wasn't too bad. That scene after Galleries Under Siege was interesting;). Maximum Containment area scared the heck out of everybody that I know.When they played that level, you could hear my friend and my sister screaming from outside my house.:D

Raven
14th Jul 2003, 21:46
I'm playing that level right now....it certainly is eerie, knowing that that Proto creature is right ahead of you, all those creepy sounds and eviscerated corpses :eek:
Kurtis and Lara should definitely get together. Maybe they'll both move into Croft Manor or something. Winston would probably die of a broken heart, I always thought he had designs on Lara :D

Finiz
14th Jul 2003, 22:09
Winston ? aah, the butler :D

Had some fun with that guy, shooting him down, making him fart, locking him in the fridge....Tomb Raider 2....haaaaa

owen10
14th Jul 2003, 22:56
Originally posted by Finiz
locking him in the fridge
LOL, I thought I was the only one. :D

Godfather
14th Jul 2003, 23:16
Originally posted by Finiz
Winston ? aah, the butler :D

Had some fun with that guy, shooting him down, making him fart, locking him in the fridge....Tomb Raider 2....haaaaa

Correction: Tomb Raider 2 ánd 3!! ;)

tomb_raiding
15th Jul 2003, 00:52
Originally posted by owen10
LOL, I thought I was the only one. :D

Nop that Buttler gets frozen by millions of people (Its a wide world) ;)

Dragen
15th Jul 2003, 04:44
Originally posted by MacAngel
When they played that level, you could hear my friend and my sister screaming from outside my house.:D

are you sure that they not were doing anything else? :p

razor_blade456
15th Jul 2003, 04:50
I am glad that I am not alone in the terror...this level gives me the willies...:eek:

Oh, have any of you had problems with ammo? I ran out of ammo and in my walkthrough (yes I have a walkthrough *holds head in shame*) my apparent next baddie is the Proto Nephilim and I HAVE NO AMMO!!!! This really makes the game terrifying:eek:

What I wouldn't give to have Laura's shotgun and my 96 packs of ammo right about now *looks into space wistfully*

Advice would be welcome,

Heather

tomb_raiding
15th Jul 2003, 11:15
There is an ammo respawn in the room where u finally meet the proto ;)

razor_blade456
15th Jul 2003, 17:25
Thanks...I just hope that's going to be enough...

I want to live...lol

Heather

wellies
2nd Apr 2006, 04:24
I am glad that I am not alone in the terror...this level gives me the willies...:eek:

Oh, have any of you had problems with ammo? I ran out of ammo and in my walkthrough (yes I have a walkthrough *holds head in shame*) my apparent next baddie is the Proto Nephilim and I HAVE NO AMMO!!!! This really makes the game terrifying:eek:

What I wouldn't give to have Laura's shotgun and my 96 packs of ammo right about now *looks into space wistfully*

Advice would be welcome,

Heather

would love to help but I cannot understand why Kurtis lacks the health and ammo he needs to fight boaz when Lara has more than what she needs, what gives? I think that the makers should have given Kurtis more health to fight boaz to give him some sort of advantage. I had to start from scratch to conserve ammo and health for Kurtis to confront Boaz. don't know if it will work or not. any suggestions?

Faye
3rd Apr 2006, 16:08
would love to help but I cannot understand why Kurtis lacks the health and ammo he needs to fight boaz when Lara has more than what she needs, what gives? I think that the makers should have given Kurtis more health to fight boaz to give him some sort of advantage. I had to start from scratch to conserve ammo and health for Kurtis to confront Boaz. don't know if it will work or not. any suggestions?

Just save as many health packs and ammo as you can, especially health packs. When you fight the Proto Nephilim, if you run out of ammo, some appears on the ground. If you run out again, more appears. So you've always got ammo. Same thing happens when you fight Kristina Boaz. Although it can be hard to keep running over and picking it up in the middle of a fight, so it's best to try and save as much as you can in preparation, so it's a while before you need to start doing that (if you need to start doing that at all). However, don't bother sacrificing health packs for ammo (what I mean by this is: don't bother have unarmed fights with enemies in order to save ammo, unless you are quick enough not to lose any health, otherwise, although you'll be saving ammo, you'll be using up health packs). The reason I say this is because, although there is an unlimited supply of ammo when you fight the Proto Nephilim and Kristina, there isn't an unlimited supply of health packs. So definitely prioritise the health packs.

star girl
4th Apr 2006, 09:48
It was really very funny in my case. I had my cousin (a ten year old boy) who was just looking at what I was playing (maximum containment area). After picking up the chocolate bar (from where u get the card) a mutant came out. We were so into the game, and he seeing the spiked mutant screamed on the top of his lungs, straight in my ear. Being caught off guard for a second, I screamed too and paused the game.
"WHAT THE HELL ARE YA SCREAMIN' FOR?!" I bellowed him in the face..
He looked at me with such big eyes and then... "MUUMMYYY!!!! BAJI DAANT RAHIN HAIN!!! BAWLLL!!!" (mummy! she's scolding me. BAWL!)
:eek: :eek:

anyway.. There is a bug for freezing the Proto on www.tombraiderchronicles.com, try it and of Boaz.. You'll have to preserve all your health for that (especially the nymph part :mad: )

The reason why Kurtis has such a small quanitity of health stuff is because he plays with the health he has collected over only 2 levels! (excluding boaz returns). While Lara plays with all the health she has collected over PARIS and PRAGUE..

Both of them had no health with them on their first levels... :rolleyes: