PDA

View Full Version : Aquatic Research Facility - extra bit (spoiler)

Cee-Jaay
14th Jul 2003, 13:05
Has anyone discovered if there is a purpose to dropping the skip in the water?

And the room with the fish in the tank and the non-stopping guard, what was it for???

I got through to the next level without doing them but in a later savegame explored there but couldn't see a point to it.

BkBaby999
14th Jul 2003, 13:22
the fish tank room had some ammo

the fish food was supposedly supposed to keep the leviathan occupied......and it didn't work for me either....but you do get a strength upgrade too for doing it so......

RebeL_fARmeR
14th Jul 2003, 19:59
You fill up the bucket with meat and drop it into the tank. The rather anti-social fish thingy then has a feast and after that it's too full up to even consider having Lara as pudding!!!

It left me alone then.

owen10
14th Jul 2003, 21:30
I wasted time killing it with my guns before realising what is was for. Doh. :)

littlelady
22nd Jul 2003, 06:36
please help i am in the aquatic research area i need to know
what to do next, if you could please tell me where do you get the food from i really need help i want to finish the game but i am really stuck or can i kill the big fish that is in the tank if you could, "could you " give me step to step thank you littlelady:mad: :confused: :rolleyes:

littlelady
22nd Jul 2003, 07:26
can you please help me please

LittleSpender
22nd Jul 2003, 08:40
If you pull the skip as far as it will let you, then press the button nearby, it will move along on the rail. Then push the skip sideways into that little room, and pull the lever in the room to fill the skip up with fish. That should get you started...

Haven't been able to target the fishy things with my guns in any level personally. Even when the one in the Aquatic Research Centre decided it was going to swim in the air at the height of the top most walkway!

CoolBlueX
22nd Jul 2003, 08:49
This level was interesting for me. There is a part where if lara does a roll twice agains the curved wall (where she would normally slide if standing on) it skips to the next level. Also, that creature thing, half his pieces, polygons whatever are missing. he is incomplete lol and he doesn't hurt me when he comes near me. just pushes lara away.

jollyboy
8th Aug 2003, 18:33
I've tried moving the skip as far as poss but when i go to press the button near by nothing happens ne one got ne ideas y? :confused:

Panoulis
8th Aug 2003, 19:47
Originally posted by CoolBlueX
This level was interesting for me. There is a part where if lara does a roll twice agains the curved wall (where she would normally slide if standing on) it skips to the next level. Also, that creature thing, half his pieces, polygons whatever are missing. he is incomplete lol and he doesn't hurt me when he comes near me. just pushes lara away.

I discovered exactly the same thing.
(And i actually "skipped" to the previous level once.)

Notts Raider
8th Aug 2003, 19:58
Originally posted by jollyboy
I've tried moving the skip as far as poss but when i go to press the button near by nothing happens ne one got ne ideas y? :confused:

you have to fill the skip with fishy food ;)

Maybe the power isnt on yet :rolleyes:

jollyboy
9th Aug 2003, 07:12
How do u switch on the power, running round the place like a headless chicken not knowing what to do please help!!!! :confused: :mad:

mikeR
9th Aug 2003, 16:27
the fishy thing doesn't have missing polys, its just inside out. without getting too technical, it seems the 'normals' are flipped. the texture used is not double sided so it looks like bits are missing

This happens a few times in the game.

Also the fish is rubbish . he just doesn't hurt me at all ( pc version) he just nudges me around a little, making the whole level pointless. Its almost like the ai of enemies is just on too tame a setting. or set to ignore lara