PDA

View Full Version : sprinting/running

tjones4112
14th Jul 2003, 08:55
Is their anyway that Lara can run? Or does she walk at a snails pace the whole way through the game? (PC version)
Because it is doing my head in!!!!!!!!:mad:

SVT_03
14th Jul 2003, 09:17
For a good bit of the first part of the game she can only toggle between walk/kinda run. At a later time, her legs will get stronger, and she'll tell you that she can sprint.

Pleco
14th Jul 2003, 09:25
So you can't use the 'sprint' key up until a certain time?

Damn this is annoying, I'm having difficulty escaping the burning pawnshop using the regular run mode.

Sylver2k3
14th Jul 2003, 12:35
LOL that's just easy use the code in the menu than just open that gate in the floor and than run there will be NO damage becuase you will get a cut-scene :p

jwmurphy
14th Jul 2003, 13:42
Hi im the tomb of aintents how long till lara learns sprint?

Pleco
14th Jul 2003, 22:14
Originally posted by Sylver2k3
LOL that's just easy use the code in the menu than just open that gate in the floor and than run there will be NO damage becuase you will get a cut-scene :p

Well, uhm, thanks for that. I was able to do it after a few extra tries. The problem I had was when dropping down into the tunnel, you have to spin ninety degrees to escape -- Lara is so slow in turning it's like controlling a tank at times.

SVT_03
14th Jul 2003, 22:25
Originally posted by Pleco
The problem I had was when dropping down into the tunnel, you have to spin ninety degrees to escape -- Lara is so slow in turning it's like controlling a tank at times.

Don't forget about her 180 degree roll she can do Pleco. That's what I did after dropping down in to the tunnel. Saved me a couple precious seconds, and saved Laras butt from becoming quite toastie. :D

John Carter
15th Jul 2003, 02:30
Originally posted by Pleco
So you can't use the 'sprint' key up until a certain time?

Damn this is annoying, I'm having difficulty escaping the burning pawnshop using the regular run mode.

The sprint function is enabled after Lara gets the respirator in her return trip to the Louve offices.