PDA

View Full Version : Raziel holds the Soul Reaver as a sword?

ReaverImpalerX8
13th Jul 2003, 22:28
From the pics i c of lok:defiance, Raziel holds the soul reaver like a sword unlike in SR1 or SR2.What do u think of it?And Can anyone inform me y he holds it like that?:confused:

blue ancient
13th Jul 2003, 23:35
Although we don't know for sure, my theory is that:
1. The wraith-blade is clearly not bound to Raziel's arm anymore
2. The wraith-blade appears to have a Reaver-like hilt in most shots.

-This leads me to believe that the events at the end of SR2* altered the wraith-blade and it is now a sort of "hybrid" wraith/Reaver combo. But, like I said, it's all speculation until November. :p

EDIT:*Kain pulling the twinned Reavers out of Raziel's chest in mid creation of the Soul Reaver

Dark God Francisco
14th Jul 2003, 12:57
Originally posted by blue ancient
Although we don't know for sure, my theory is that:
1. The wraith-blade is clearly not bound to Raziel's arm anymore
2. The wraith-blade appears to have a Reaver-like hilt in most shots.

-This leads me to believe that the events at the end of SR2* altered the wraith-blade and it is now a sort of "hybrid" wraith/Reaver combo. But, like I said, it's all speculation until November. :p

EDIT:*Kain pulling the twinned Reavers out of Raziel's chest in mid creation of the Soul Reaver

Wierd since in all of the concept art of defiance the wraith blade is coiled to Raz arm yet during the gameplay footage we saw it isn't I guess waiting for november wil provide are answers.

Zephonim
14th Jul 2003, 13:55
or summin that'll prob be why he holds it by the hilt

blue ancient
14th Jul 2003, 15:29
It will definatly be explained in full and complete detail - in 'Defiance'.

Also, never prove theories with concept/promo art. :p (not that you were)

ReaverImpalerX8
14th Jul 2003, 16:23
thnx for the ur theories. I feel more at ease :) but wat do u think about the soul reaver being like that? do u think its cool or what?

Zephonim
14th Jul 2003, 18:43
oh yeah much cooler, wonder what the attitude of this reaver is towards Raz????????

Katen
15th Jul 2003, 01:55
nah it looked cooler the old way!

ZelenGangrel
15th Jul 2003, 02:25
I've often wondered if the Wraith Blade was ever torn from Raziel, if he could create himself from his own soul....as if even by reflex, or instinct.

So perhaps this is no longer the Wraith Blade, but rather just an extension of Raziel.

Eh, my mind is leaping in weird directions again.

Valzara
15th Jul 2003, 03:09
If you look closely to the picture, you will found that the wraith blade which holded by Raziel, espeacially at the Raziel's hand shows the skull's shape (which is same as the physical Soul Reaver) but in previos game it just shows a 'group' of light.

punkst4r
16th Jul 2003, 04:18
It probably stayed like that because raziels soul wasn't fully sucked into the reaver or it's probably just a new look and it has nothing to do with the story.

ZelenGangrel
18th Jul 2003, 07:32
Or maybe I was partly right.

Remember that Raziel's soul was being absorbed into the blade. Perhaps this new form of the Wraith Blade is actually a combination of the two versions of Raziel's soul. Both the original Wraith, and a part of Raziel's soul that was tranfixed into the form of the Reaver. This isnt really a new form of the blade, but rather a return to the way the blade looked when the Soul Reaver was destroyed back during the battle between Kain and Raziel at the Pillars.

Oh well, it'll be explained some how.

Sarxis
18th Jul 2003, 07:51
Whether its part of the gameplay for LoKD, or its just some misrepresenting concept art, seeing Raziel gripping onto the Reaver like that is just damned ugly. >:|

someguysteve
18th Jul 2003, 17:07
i like the new reaver, although in the screenshots it looks too wide near the top like this

()
)(
__
|

anyway now Raziel can use it like a sword instead of only being able to do the mad horizontal slash.