PDA

View Full Version : T&L compatibility question

simplyc98
13th Jul 2003, 19:54
Hi!
I own a compaq laptop. My graphics card is an ATI IGP 340m. I have unable to find out if this card is compatible with Tomb raider Angel of Darkness. In other words, does this graphic card support T&L.
Thanks
Sally
:D

GoranAgar
13th Jul 2003, 22:31
Have you tried the ATI website? They should tell you. I have never heard of that thing. ;)

RedLegg
14th Jul 2003, 04:50
Originally posted by simplyc98
Hi!
I own a compaq laptop. My graphics card is an ATI IGP 340m. I have unable to find out if this card is compatible with Tomb raider Angel of Darkness. In other words, does this graphic card support T&L.
Thanks
Sally
:D

Run DxDiag. Then check the Video tab. Post back here what the exact name of the card is. There isn't, to my knowledge, and "ATI IGP 340m" card.

Setsu
14th Jul 2003, 17:18
RedLegg is right. I believe your card isn't a "card"... check out if it is onboard. If it is, and your laptop is a lil' old, it may not support T&L

simplyc98
14th Jul 2003, 17:31
Ok, thanks. I'll do that. I just got this computer about a month ago and I don't know much about them, so bear with me.:)

RedLegg
15th Jul 2003, 05:39
Originally posted by simplyc98
Ok, thanks. I'll do that. I just got this computer about a month ago and I don't know much about them, so bear with me.:)

No worries, we'll help where we can!

Astral Matrix
11th Aug 2003, 12:07
Hi guys & gals!

I have a Samsung P10 laptop with a 32mb Mobility Radion 7500 AGP (LW) I ask the very same question does my Radeon support TnL? I have checked my dxdiag, but the report dosnt show any info about TnL. I also have been in contact with ATI Technical Support, but they are not being very supportive infact I dont think they even know if the hardware supports TnL as they answered my question with get intouch with your laptop manufacturer!:mad:

Any Info will be greatly appreciated!
Dean.

GoranAgar
11th Aug 2003, 14:46
http://www.ati.com/products/mobilityradeon7500/features.html
"Features

Only Mobile Graphics to Support 128-bit DDR!
MOBILITY RADEON 7500 delivers the fastest 3D graphics performance ever seen for notebook computers. MOBILITY RADEON 7500 supports 128-bit double data rate (DDR) memory as well as RADEON™ HyperZ™ technology, giving MOBILITY RADEON 7500 significant improvements in the memory bandwidth limitations common in current mobile graphics solutions.

Transform, Clipping and Lighting!
The CHARISMA ENGINE™ from ATI’s RADEON technology in MOBILITY RADEON 7500 supports full Transformation, Clipping and Lighting (TCL) for unprecedented improvement in 3D detail and performance. It also includes acceleration for advanced character animation features such as 4-matrix skinning and keyframe interpolation, which are critical for enabling life-like game play. Learn more about the outstanding image quality of MOBILITY RADEON 7500"

I am not sure, but from what I know TCL and T&L are similar enough to make it work.

Astral Matrix
11th Aug 2003, 15:00
Hello GoranAgar.

:) Thank you for the link and your in depth technical info for the Mobility Radeon 7500.

Regards!
The Astral Matrix.