PDA

View Full Version : Sprint button ???

Iceke4me
13th Jul 2003, 18:53
Hi,

I wonder why I can't get our dear Lara to sprint. Whenever I press the sprint key (standard num 0 on PC game), she just looks around. However it would be useful if she'd run...

Trying to reconfigure the sprint key has no effect. She still admires the nicely rendered graphics...

The keys I can configure are : action; jump; duck; roll; walk; stealth; draw; sprint; cursor up,down,left,right

Systemrequirements are all met (laptop with Pentium 4 2,6 GHz and Geforce 4 videocard)

I'm in despair overhere 'cause I just cannot get past Rennes Pawnshop on to the Louvre Sewage System.

Help please.

Thnx in @vance

Iceke4me

CyCro
13th Jul 2003, 20:34
I think you get to sprint later in the game, so that's normal. ;)

Bill Hatfield
14th Jul 2003, 03:19
Help has arrived! You don't need to sprint. Not knowing where exactly you are stuck. I will assume you found the supply room and once you have set off the alarm, you have pushed the switch on the wall. The way to the sewer is out the supply room and to the immediate right. Now it's a matter of timing. After the count down has started, you must immediately hit the END button on the keyboard, which obviously flips Lara and will allow her to take off running without a the annoying pre-walk delay. After you have opened the floor door and finally get to the sewer, with a little practice you should be able to turn and get out just ahead of the blast. I barely escaped, I though she was again engulfed in the blast, when the scene switched.
Good luck and most of all, have fun!
Bill

paulsgruff
14th Jul 2003, 12:59
Hey

I agree with Bills responce, you dont actually need the sprint button to get through this part of the game. It's a good idea though to save the game whilst your in the store room just before you pick uo the last item that sets the alarm off, press the button, get to the trap door and whilst Lara is opening it keep pressing the roll key and hold down the up key so that shes facing the right way and starts to run as soon as she hits the ground. The next part I could only do in one way and it took me around 20 gos to make it work, I found that I could only get enough time to get out of the sewer if I jumped into the opening, if you just run into it lara slides down the wall and stops at the bottom, which gives you much less time to turn left and run. Hope thats some use to you

Paul

Iceke4me
14th Jul 2003, 16:21
Thank you for your reply.

Indeed it was this part of the game that I was stuck. Many tries will pass before I get past it, as you did...

The fact that you cannot sprint however bothers me greatly. Is it a known bug or what ? The fact that they include it in the control list, should mean that we CAN use it, no ?

Maybe I should write to Eidos themselves...

Greetings,

Iceke4me

paulsgruff
14th Jul 2003, 16:46
I agree that you should be able to use the sprint button but 0 on the num pad has always been the look button on previous games. I'm a few levels past Renne's Pawnshop now and I still haven't HAD to use sprint... so I'm thinking as CyCro said earlier in the forum that it might be something you can't do until Lara has built up enough strength throughout the game... like opening certain doors etc. The sprint button doesnt work for me either so I'm thinking it is meant to be that way and you acquire the ability later in the game but if you feel that it is a problem in the game then get in touch with eidos, it just seems that if there was something wrong then there would be a patch out by now correcting it because everyone would have complained.

Paul

Iceke4me
14th Jul 2003, 18:04
So I'm gonna try it. I'll let you know when I succeed !

CYA in a few weeks (LOL :-D )

Iceke4me

Iceke4me
15th Jul 2003, 18:55
Difficult part out of the way !

Thnx 4 the @vice

Iceke4me

Bill Hatfield
15th Jul 2003, 21:15
Go get em cowboy! Lots of fun yet to come!
Bill

CyCro
16th Jul 2003, 10:32
This is not a bug, trust me. You will get to sprint when it is vitally important to. If you would have been able to sprint there, the timer would have been set to blow the bomb ealriler, giving you even less time to escape. ;) Don't forget that running with jumping forward increases your speed as well.