PDA

View Full Version : And another LOK-D preview...

Matt from Spam Buddies
13th Jul 2003, 10:27
A wave of LOK-D previews has hit us all.
This time GameSpy picks up the torch with this third preview of the upcoming LOK-D.

MINOR SPOILER WARNING!

And without further yapping, click right over here (http://www.gamespy.com/previews/july03/lokdefiancemulti/) to check out the preview.

For the visual content lovers, there will be disappointment, namely there are no new screenshots. Only the same ones from the IGN and GameSpot previews.
But there's a new concept art piece of Kain, right over here (http://www.gamespy.com/asp/image.asp?&genre=action&image=/previews/july03/lokdefiancemulti/17.jpg).
Looks like Raz told Kain about Ben's shoe-store. ;)

And that's all for now.

- Matthew

Matt from Spam Buddies
13th Jul 2003, 10:52
Gaah!

I just smacked myself on the forehead, really hard for reading this preview.

For You folks who still want to theorize, DO NOT read this preview. It's bad for You. Some minor spoilers.

Minor, yes, but made me feel a bit sad for reading.

So, yeah, watch out. For Your information.

- Matthew

KainSpawn
13th Jul 2003, 13:16
Let me say...

The spectral realm looks awesome. The ancient looks so totally cool.

Valaquen_
13th Jul 2003, 13:29
That preview keeps goin on about how crappy Raziel and Kain are, why!?:mad:

Zephonim
13th Jul 2003, 13:50
My only disappointment was that it was not Peter McNichol reprising his role as Janos, the dopey museum curator from Ghostbusters 2,

ok for anyone who wants to read this spoiler, what the hell are they talking about i thought the Odo guy (rene) from star trek was the voice of janos but whoever wrote this article seems to be under a different impression.any clues to this anyone?

p.s. thanx for the links Matt ;) ;)

Vampmaster
13th Jul 2003, 13:59
Sounds like a joke. I think he's saying there was a Janos in Ghostbusters 2. Although, obviously not our Janos Audron.

Zephonim
13th Jul 2003, 14:01
Originally posted by leazy
That preview keeps goin on about how crappy Raziel and Kain are, why!?:mad:

I think the reason they keep saying that because they emphasise more on the "physical gameplay" of the previous games and even tho i thot it was great ,they waste no time in bringing up the fact that the mechanics are gonna be better,
And i dont think they totally understand the game the way we do(not that im an expert on Nosgoth history)for example while i was anticapating the release of SR2 i didnt give much thought to the gameplay but just wanted answers to my questions and cool graphics and i got it.
Remeber they are simply unelightened and easily manipulated let them write what they want cos we all know Kain and Raziel are baddass boys and nothing they can say will lessen the greatness that is LOK

Zephonim
13th Jul 2003, 14:04
Originally posted by Vampmaster
Sounds like a joke. I think he's saying there was a Janos in Ghostbusters 2. Although, obviously not our Janos Audron.

yes i see it now what a banana i am , I will let him off with it this time seeing as there is a connection i.e ghosts but if he mocks it anymore with connections to such a wee prat ! I'll ...:mad:

PhoenixReaver
13th Jul 2003, 14:05
Yeah, the guy who wrote that seems pretty clueless. The spoiler is delivered without any proof of previous knowledge, he just throws out the name as if it had no history from the previous games.

He claims the later games sucked. What? Only Blood Omen 2 has gotten mediocre scores from reviewers. It appears he thinks he's funny with the "sucking" double meanings.

He screws up the voice actor of Janos, further showing that he has little or no knowledge of who he is.

Fighting system shallow? Okay, that's a matter of opinion but he claims "Gamers and Critics alike agreed", which is nothing but lies.

The game itself sounds awesome, of course.

Matt from Spam Buddies
13th Jul 2003, 14:31
Meh.

That's GameSpy, mate. They rarely have anythang good to say.

Yeah, the reviewer is a genuine comedian with his "sucking" comments. I could not stop the laughter? :rolleyes:
Well, as long as it made him feel good. I bet he's still laughing his guts out...

Khm... anyway... I'm really disappointed by that article, namely because of the spoiler. Gah.

And why did they have to reveal the number of bosses...

-sigh-

Now, when I play, I will be subconciously counting the boss encounters...

Meh.

- Matthew

Embla
13th Jul 2003, 15:21
I deeply regret reading this article. Why did they have to reveal these major spoilers? :(

Matt from Spam Buddies
13th Jul 2003, 15:26
It's a mystery... an unanswerable question... such as "What's the square-root of a 1000?"

- Matthew

Zephonim
13th Jul 2003, 15:30
"What's the square-root of a 1000?"

probably in between 32x32 and 32.5x32.5 by my guesstimates

Matt from Spam Buddies
13th Jul 2003, 15:35
You solved the mystery! Now I can die happy!

Seriously... it was just a joke from "The Simpsons".

- Matthew

Zephonim
13th Jul 2003, 15:49
lol kinda like the one liner from homer"The sun.... thats the hottest part of the earth"

I agree with you about the bosses aswell Matt I can see it now
me shouting @ the screen saying"Godammit this is the last chapter only 1 boss left to fight and you've only answered my previous q's with even bigger ones ,arghh dont end yet!!!"
or somewhere along those lines .:D :D

Sarah
13th Jul 2003, 18:00
One of my favorite one-liner's from the Simpsons is "Everytime you notice something like that, a wizard did it"; that line works in just so many situations.
Anyway---GAH!!!! MY EYES! Why WHY couldn't I resist and not read that preview?!!! Ahem-I read it, and have now been spoiled. Must go about forgetting info between now and release date.

Matt from Spam Buddies
13th Jul 2003, 18:04
"The Simpsons" rock...

Anyway, we could certainly use one of those neurolizers Ben was carrying around.

Ben! Heeelp!

:D

"You never read the evil GS LOK-D article..."

-FLASH-

- Matthew

someguysteve
13th Jul 2003, 18:20
the boss thing was stupid on their part, but Crystal wouldn't give away any major plot things like Janos right? i think i can forget the boss #, and i hope there is a twist somewhere.

warpsavant
13th Jul 2003, 19:44
I hope Janos puts up a better fight against Raziel than he did against the Sarafan Lord.

Probably be the fastest boss battle in the game, really can't see Janos laying the smack down on the one person who he thinks can save his race....

Janos probably just stands there and dies.

blincoln
13th Jul 2003, 19:52
I bet that boss battle takes place pretty early in the game if they're revealing it now.

This is going to be excellent!

Glucolisis
13th Jul 2003, 20:00
Maybe Janos is "poseĆ*do" (don`t know how to write it in english) and that is why he wants to kill Raziel.

warpsavant
13th Jul 2003, 20:16
You mean Janos is possessed by the Dark Entity?

And, thats a good point, Ben. I guess its possible he is a mini boss.

ReaverImpalerX8
13th Jul 2003, 20:22
NOOOOO Janos is cool :(

Matt from Spam Buddies
13th Jul 2003, 20:24
Hey, Ben's got an excellent point.

And somehow I like it... :)

I mean... having a boss fight with Janos is grand enough, but if it's in the beginning, that means there will be tons of more things to come!

Yeah, baby! ;)

- Matthew

KainSyndrome101
13th Jul 2003, 20:47
I'm going to KILL Gamespy, dammit.

I think it's finally time for me to say goodbye to LoK: Defiance news until it comes out. I don't want to know any more spoilers. Nothing, absolutely nothing. So, anything with a Defiance name on it I'm staying away from, and no new trailers either. Of course I'll have to pray that all the delicious info won't "suck" me in.

About the boss battle numbers - that number could change during development. It could turn out to be less or more, or stay the same. I just don't wan't to know anything anymore.

garbagefanuk
13th Jul 2003, 20:57
Oh man *drools* how *****ing does Janos look?! I need to know why Raziel is fighting him?! So much for Kain's warning to Raziel about Janos having to stay dead... anyway, anyone notice on the Reaver in the spectral realm u can see the handle the way it is on the Blood Reaver? The cool skull and pointy parts? Its easier to see them on the Xbox version, also i was looking at the 2 different screens of Janos on the 2 platforms and i noticed the foreground is different. On the Xbox Janos is floating above some sort of platform but on the Ps2 version its just rubble... i hope they're not changing everything around for each system :(

Matt from Spam Buddies
13th Jul 2003, 21:09
Euhhh...

That's because it's a boss fight, an in-game sequence.

The location merely changed, don't begin to draw differences between the Xbox and PS2 version, the location merely changed, mate.

Seeing that Janos knows how to fly ... duh ... it wouldn't be so utterly impossible for him to change locations in mid-air, huh?
And seeing that Raziel has legs, he can follow Janos.

Janos moves + Raziel moves = new location

- Matthew

Glucolisis
13th Jul 2003, 21:19
Originally posted by warpsavant
You mean Janos is possessed by the Dark Entity?

Not exactly the Dark Entity but maybe another thing or maybe the Sarafan did something to the heart before Raziel could put it back in its place.

Or maybe the fact of restoring his heart changed his mind turning him into the dark side.

Or in simple words: his is just BAD.

punkst4r
13th Jul 2003, 21:41
I don't care about what they said about the # of bosses because there's still time for that to change....and besides CD wouldn't give that much info. on the game and the game hasn't been completed so I have reason to beleive that what they said is just an estimate or atleast incorrect.

garbagefanuk
13th Jul 2003, 22:12
Originally posted by Matt from Spam Buddies
Euhhh...

That's because it's a boss fight, an in-game sequence.

The location merely changed, don't begin to draw differences between the Xbox and PS2 version, the location merely changed, mate.

Seeing that Janos knows how to fly ... duh ... it wouldn't be so utterly impossible for him to change locations in mid-air, huh?
And seeing that Raziel has legs, he can follow Janos.

Janos moves + Raziel moves = new location

- Matthew

Well u've already tried to show its an ingame sequence but just because its lacking the letterbox format doesn't mean it won't change and yes they probably have moved but if u look in the background its pretty much identical so i can't see them moving far enough and not affecting it.

i wasn't drawing differences. i simply sed i hope they won't change things like other games have when moved across formats

Matt from Spam Buddies
13th Jul 2003, 22:19
I double-checked the two screenshots, and there's nothing matter with it. They haven't changed it on either of the console versions.

Here, I can even make You a graphic example... but I'm too lazy... -yawn- ... sleepy-time soon.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure it will remain as an in-game sequence.

Let's write this down and see who's right in the end. ;)

- Matthew

Umah Bloodomen
14th Jul 2003, 01:00
Booyah. Decent article. Thanks for sharing. :)

Matt from Spam Buddies
15th Jul 2003, 09:26
Originally posted by Vampmaster

Hey yeah. :)

I remember something like that.

Was he the giant... painting... thang? :)

I think I have it somewhere on VHS.

- Matthew

Zephonim
15th Jul 2003, 11:04
yeah well if the painting in ghost busters2 aint called Janos

He certainly bears an uncanny resemblance to Simon Templeman (IMO)also the painting looks a bit like the face of kain in blood omen 1 (when you change weapons etc ) maybe its cause im just awake but i think that neway!!!!

Call your dogs .....They may feast on your on your corpses!!

Matt from Spam Buddies
15th Jul 2003, 13:33
This looks like a job for ... SuperMatt!

Anywho, I think I may be going digging in my old VHS cupboard, I really wanna know why I don't remember a 'Janos' in GB2.
I used to be a big GB fan as a little Tyke, Y'know.

By the way, Your Vory's record is broken. ;)

- Matthew

Zephonim
15th Jul 2003, 14:26
By the way, Your Vory's record is broken.
excuse me?

Matt from Spam Buddies
15th Jul 2003, 14:59
"Call your dogs .....They may feast on your on your corpses!!"

The quote. He kinda seems to repeat himself. ;)

Bah, never mind. Just nagging, mate.

- Matthew

Zephonim
15th Jul 2003, 17:06
well at least you get a bit of variety with me, if you pay attention to other quotes i post:p
and i may just use that one as a main quote all the time since you like it so much. ;)

Zephonim
15th Jul 2003, 17:08
and the record aint broke its just scratched from the bats in my attic!

punkst4r
16th Jul 2003, 04:58
Oh man *drools* how ******** does janos look?!

Hey garbagefanuk check the second thread in these forums that has important on it.You need to watch what you type.:o