PDA

View Full Version : Weird and Comedic Ideas {[WOO-HOO]}

Big Ragu
13th Jul 2003, 05:08
OK, get this, you could do Enter the Matrix style moves. If you have your pistol out, you could run up behind someone, pull their head back, trip them onto the ground, and put a bullet right in his chest.

cheese
13th Jul 2003, 09:54
The MATRIX AUGUMENTATION!!!

WOHOO!

And the fly augumentation and the invunerable aug etc etc.
And some weird looking monsters and coooool weapons like lasers and mini atomic bombs and a turbo super ultrafragsmode da Unreal 2003 style.

Thats all we need for DX2
P.S. And pherhaps a new intresting backround story.

Pherhaps.

*All of d above is ironically written*

[SYN] Nexus
13th Jul 2003, 10:04
NO WAY!

Dont make it matrix style, LIke Warren Spector said in an interview they will try to have nothing to do with the matrix.They used long coates and sunglasses in the first DX but now it was also in the Matrix.So they have to find something new, but hell no NO BULLETTIME and that crap plz

TheDerf
13th Jul 2003, 10:53
(copied idea I put in the "Punching" thread)

This guy wants to add punching to make the game realistic. Well let's go all out on the realism! How about incorporating a bladder and colon meter in the top right corner next to the health? They both fill up over time, but the speed they fill up can be influenced by whether or not you've been in several gunfights, whether or not to talk to a lot of women, or how much food/drink you've ingested. How genius! Now we know why those bathrooms are all over Deus Ex huh?

You run slower as your colon and bladder meters fill up. When the meters are nearing full, you can't fire larger weapons because at least one hand is keeping your bladder/colon from exploding. When the meters are full, you can't fire any weapons because both of your hands are down there. People won't talk to you when either meter is full. If your meter is full for more than a minute, you fall on the ground and die in a puddle of your own excrement.

Wow, that blows punching out of the water, doesn't it?

Daywalkermi
13th Jul 2003, 11:51
ROFL, how cool wound't that be!:D

then you upgrade your holding it in skills an become a leet agent who only have to piss twice a month....

or choose the biomod that cleanse your piss, which you could use if you really didn't have time to take a leak right there and then...

Big Ragu
13th Jul 2003, 16:39
When I said Enter the Matrix, I didn't mean that you slow down time or whatever. I also didn't mean that you bust out some big huge combo. I mean smart moves that could actually be executed and be useful. Just run up behind a guy, trip him onto the ground, put the guy to his chest an fire. Move that are as simple as that.

Ductonius
13th Jul 2003, 16:48
Originally posted by Big Ragu
When I said Enter the Matrix, I didn't mean that you slow down time or whatever. I also didn't mean that you bust out some big huge combo. I mean smart moves that could actually be executed and be useful. Just run up behind a guy, trip him onto the ground, put the guy to his chest an fire. Move that are as simple as that.

Or, you could walk up to him, put a .45 to the back of his head and blow his brains out. Much simpler and infinitly more efficent in terms of content per $ of the developers budget.

Personally, I would rather see "smarter" (read larger, more complex, fuller) levels than a few cheesy matrix-esque pre-programmed animations.

crimson_stallion
15th Jul 2003, 02:01
LOL nice bladder idea lol. Yeah I'm starting to get sick of matrix as well. I think the whole thing is jsut over with. Everyone was excited, it was huge, it was lots of fun, now weve all seen enough.

Big Ragu
15th Jul 2003, 02:28
Sorry, sorry, yeesh, I only meant a move that I saw in the game that could be pulled off in a first person view. Not play as neo or anything like that. The move wasn't even that flashy, just cool.

operative x
15th Jul 2003, 02:30
It would be cool if when you get 2 new augs then install them, and if you have the right combination they could combine into a third super power or whatever it is called. For example if you have a jumping aug and a speed aug then it could combine into a third ability like you can run up on walls or jump onto a wall then jump off. I think that would be soooo cooool!

Virus
24th Jul 2003, 05:22
If we are gonna do colon and bladder.....Why not go ALL out? I mean we could do love meter like theyve got in vice city...cept better. We could make so if you go up and talk to a hot chick you are forced to mumbler your words, and if you have to fight one, your efficiency automatically goes down. I mean really...all men have their weeknesses right?

TheDerf
24th Jul 2003, 17:23
Hey, I'm all for that if you could pick up chicks in Deus Ex.

I think your Vice City "love meter" is really the health.

Mr.Tellurian
24th Jul 2003, 17:59
How about... a scrambler granade that makes all the drones and robots whithin blast radius dance like crazy! Wouldn't that be fun?
Or instead of tear gas, give'm loughing-gas! Way more humane! Way less violent! I mean, think of the children that COULD possibly play the game!
And of course, X-Ray vision so you can peep at the NPC's underwear! I mean didn't you always wanted to know what those Commandos wore UNDER those PA-Suits?
And the random Minions of the Ubervillian should all wear Fezes. And huge black sunglasses. And talk about monkeys all the time!
;)

Big Ragu
24th Jul 2003, 19:51
Originally posted by Mr.Tellurian

And of course, X-Ray vision so you can peep at the NPC's underwear! I mean didn't you always wanted to know what those Commandos wore UNDER those PA-Suits?

;)

No, but with Nicolette on the other hand...

Virus
24th Jul 2003, 23:58
Originally posted by Mr.Tellurian
And of course, X-Ray vision so you can peep at the NPC's underwear!

As cool as it is to have the xray vision option available.....you never know what kind of sick minds the programers had when making the model for naked npcs...

Leo
28th Jul 2003, 12:42
the biomods could do the big trick, maybe even user created one's

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
28th Jul 2003, 14:02
Why not the weapon the colonel uses in Akira against Tetsuo and akira, you know, the satellite laser, with the hand laser to guide it?

(ok, the rate of fire isn't THAT good, but the damage would be pretty high....)

Mr.Tellurian
28th Jul 2003, 16:49
Can you say "Shadow Warrior"?
Remember the Nuclear Warheads for the RPG? (or the cheat that let it spit out Bunnies instead of rockets)
Wouldn't it be great if Alex could be played as a one man nulcear power? :D

W.C. Duck
11th Aug 2003, 14:34
reading this thread somehow reminds me of NOLF 1 & 2.
it's about the funniest game I've ever played (cept for the monkey-island series). you know, NOLF is my number 2 on the list of best games ever. so if you haven't already, go play this hilarious (but still quite thrilling) masterpiece.

Florelle
11th Aug 2003, 15:36
A lightsaber. That'd be cool. Jedi Augmentation!

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
11th Aug 2003, 15:58
don't you already have the dragon tooth?