PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Soundtrack

nacr0mancer
12th Jul 2003, 23:37
I think all of the soundtracks from original Deus Ex was great, but which one u think was the best one. My favorite one is "chateau."

Big Ragu
13th Jul 2003, 01:05
I don't know the name:confused: ,but I like the main menu music. It is the first thing of the game you hear and it sets the Deus Ex mood for the rest of the game.

TRoosevelt_26
13th Jul 2003, 03:42
The music from the trailer, no question about it. (ftp://ftp.eidos.co.uk/pub/uk/deus_ex/videos/deus_ex_apr.mov)

mikepayne666
13th Jul 2003, 03:51
you have got to be kiddin me you guys actualy listen to that crap

Big Ragu
13th Jul 2003, 05:02
What, you don't!? Uhhh...I mean...no, why would I listen to THAT?

nacr0mancer
13th Jul 2003, 16:11
no its pretty nice, give it a shot

Trollslayer
13th Jul 2003, 16:25
Originally posted by mikepayne666

And isn't crap subjective?

indx
13th Jul 2003, 19:59
Don't know what it's called but it's near the end, in area 51. When the enemies see you then chase you. That's my favourite track.

Loreleye
14th Jul 2003, 21:11
I liked the music in New York, not in battery park, but over at the club and stuff, you know where I mean?

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
15th Jul 2003, 07:57
my favorite is the "alarm music" :

since I always try to sneak in, every time the music starts accelerating, it means I screwed up somewhere, and I have to find a hiding place VERY FAST. always good for adrenalin

and, of course, the Main theme

[SYN] Nexus
16th Jul 2003, 15:07
I like the menu music the most, but the music in Area 51 is great too, Illuminati is great too.

If you dont remember them listen to them all here:
http://www.planetdeusex.com/dx1/files/music/

Cerpin Taxt
18th Jul 2003, 01:02
Originally posted by mikepayne666

trollslayer, you have a job to do, suh.

Serephin11
18th Jul 2003, 01:45
chateau was the best along with the illuminati

Mr.Tellurian
20th Jul 2003, 15:18
I liked quite the whole thing... favorites... well the ending-themes are quite cool, as is the intro-theme.
NYC-Streets was something i just loved (especially that low percussion sample that somehow reminded me of an Shotgun-shell hitting the ground ;D )
and the Paris-Cathedral of course...

The_Monopolizer
21st Jul 2003, 02:01
Yeah, the Chateu music was awesome. It was placed at an excellent time in the game, it had a kind of feeling like everything was being revealed, and progress being made. I also loved the cathedral music, fit the level in a cool way. The combat music in hong kong was cool usually also, very fast. I really like the Ocean lab UC too, I think I stopped to listen when the level began.

Sadly, I dont think Alex B. is gonna be in DX:IW, just Alex D.

valdiorn
23rd Jul 2003, 14:23
My top 5:

1. The music in mission 8, when you go to Hell's Kitchen for the very last time.
2. The Hong Kong Streets music
3. NYC Streets, regular tune
4. Versalife reception
5. opponent within (breaking out of UNATCO)
But they're actually all very good... ;)

Rogan Josh
24th Jul 2003, 08:34
I guess my tastes are very different to most! I love the music on the endgame when JC has shut down the reactors to the Aquinas Hub, it would make a great score if ever they made a film. Plus I think it is the best endgame sequence.

I also love the conversation music when in MJ12 bunkers under UNATCO HQ, When JC talks to Paul after the raid on the apartment (to which I always fight my way out!) the music gets my blood boiling :mad: and I want to go and brain as many MJ12 Troops with my crowbar, I will also take out a few unhelpful scientists to but I spare the life of the good chap who studied my DNA! :D