PDA

View Full Version : Kain or Raziel

MinionMaggot
12th Jul 2003, 21:49
I was just wondering which character would you like to see more of in the next installment of LOK?

Dark God Francisco
12th Jul 2003, 22:08
Both

punkst4r
12th Jul 2003, 22:19
kain

Umah Bloodomen
12th Jul 2003, 23:00
Well, seeing that both Kain and Raziel will be sharing the title, I suspect that they will have close to equal game time.

I'd actually enjoy seeing lesser characters return more.

punkst4r
12th Jul 2003, 23:42
Who doesn't get out much?

MinionMaggot
13th Jul 2003, 00:20
Originally posted by Umah Bloodomen
Well, seeing that both Kain and Raziel will be sharing the title, I suspect that they will have close to equal game time.

I'd actually enjoy seeing lesser characters return more.

well the actual question was what would you LIKE to see more I' trying to get a feel for who likes which character better for me im in favor of kain but id still like your opinion thank you

Razielim Angel
13th Jul 2003, 00:33
I voted for Raziel. I like his storyline better than Kain's, so I would like to see more of Razzy.

Omega Maximus
13th Jul 2003, 02:49
Kain. Although thats no knock against Raziel either. To be honest, I want to see if he and Raziel end up trade places on the malevolence-o-meter. Nothing is better than a story about redemption, even though Kain as a badass is much more entertaining than a "good" Kain.

MinionMaggot
13th Jul 2003, 03:07
Originally posted by Omega Maximus
Kain. Although thats no knock against Raziel either. To be honest, I want to see if he and Raziel end up trade places on the malevolence-o-meter. Nothing is better than a story about redemption, even though Kain as a badass is much more entertaining than a "good" Kain.

I agree totally :)

Matt from Spam Buddies
13th Jul 2003, 09:08
I refuse to vote unless there will be a "Both" option in the poll. :p

Anyway, yeah, I once tried to figure out which one I liked more.
But they're both very nicely designed characters with apropriate persona, looks and their own personal characteristics.

The only thing I'd like to see even more is some of the lesser and forgotten characters to appear.

It would be so utterly awesome to see the Guardians of the Pillars make a united come-back. :)

- Matthew

punkst4r
13th Jul 2003, 20:34
Do you guys think that we will ever see raziel as an ancient.

ReaverImpalerX8
13th Jul 2003, 20:36
i like both of them almost equally :( but ill go with Raziel

KoolKat_EF
13th Jul 2003, 21:06
I would love to see more of Razzy, though I admit I would've chosen both in the poll cos LoK is nothing without involvment of Kain.

Kain makes the story and Raziel completes it. :)

MinionMaggot
14th Jul 2003, 21:48
Originally posted by Matt from Spam Buddies
I refuse to vote unless there will be a "Both" option in the poll. :p

Anyway, yeah, I once tried to figure out which one I liked more.
But they're both very nicely designed characters with apropriate persona, looks and their own personal characteristics.

The only thing I'd like to see even more is some of the lesser and forgotten characters to appear.

It would be so utterly awesome to see the Guardians of the Pillars make a united come-back. :)

- Matthew

I'm sorry for not including a "both" option but that wouldn't be much fun now would it? what im trying to do is to get you to think a little about the person you are, your decision directly reflects on your personallity and views in example if you chose kain you may be a very determined person because you would be agreeing with kains own views and peronality so please if you could try to chose one or the other thanx alot for participating in my poll :) and happy gaming

someguysteve
15th Jul 2003, 01:02
i'd have to say Kain, becuase i want to see all of the powers he's gained over the years, he'll have better telekinetic than Raziel will, and i want to know what he's going to be doing during the game.

punkst4r
16th Jul 2003, 05:22
Even though I have the two blood omen games and SR2 as the only soulreaver game I feel like i haven't sen enough of kain.

§ycavier
22nd Jul 2003, 00:12
Raz gets my vote because i think he is cooler and that is reason enough. (besides his story is at its climax rather that past it)

gleow
22nd Jul 2003, 01:04
Raziel gets my vote. Too many questions and unsolved mysteries about him raised in SR2 than need answering. I'd love to see what Kain has in store for him next

Wumpy Puppy
22nd Jul 2003, 01:26
As much as I like Kain, I think that Raziel is a lot more interesting than him. I think it's more entertaining to watch Raziel try to figure out his past/future/destiny, than it is to see Kain run around killing people trying to take over the world, and manipulate time to his liking. In my opinion Raz is a much better character.

Stukedogg
22nd Jul 2003, 01:59
Yeah but the big question is when are Kain and Raziel going to be friends again? Raziel has got to realise that Kain must have had a great reason for tearing his wings off and murdering him. (Seriously).

http://www.smilies.okipages.com/s/contrib/lilly/se1red.gif

punkst4r
22nd Jul 2003, 02:40
Pretty much everything that raziel is trying to figure out kain already knows it so that means that kain has even more interesing things to discover...don't get me wrong i'm sure that raziel has very exiting things to figure out too I just find kains story to be more interesting.

Johnny_anoniem
22nd Jul 2003, 12:26
I voted for Raziel and these are my arguments:
- Raziel is a much cooler character (a soul reaver is also quite unique!)
- Raziels storyline is much more exciting, because Kains storyline is usually more about killing and becoming a ruler etc. etc. while Raziel has to find out his past (that's way more exciting isn't it?)
- I know it's made by different programmers, but.. compare SR2 with BO2 and you must be joking if you wouldn't agree that SR2 totally owns BO2 :).
- Shifting between spectrals always added a really exciting effect to the games and its puzzles.. with Kain those things wouldn't be possible anymore!

Just my 2 cents

Btw sorry if my English contains grammar faults (or other faults), but I'm from the Netherlands ;) (though you don't have to hesitate to correct me, because it will help me improve my English skills ;))

punkst4r
22nd Jul 2003, 20:30
I like SR2 more than BO2 but I prefer kain.I guess it's because he's more powerful and mercyless.;)

Umah Bloodomen
23rd Jul 2003, 01:16
Although I prefer Kain over Raziel, I would be content with equal game time for both characters. I think more rests on Kain's shoulders (as far as him being responsible for restoring balance if it's possible), however, realistically, he can't do that without the completed soul reaver (e.g. Raziel).

punkst4r ~ It took a little *extra* clarification, but I am glad we were able to resolve the issue(s) with your sig.http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/teufel/devil-smiley-019.gif

Stukedogg
24th Jul 2003, 15:05
Here's a question about Raziel and Kain nobody has thought of. Which one of them is going to be the one to fight the last guy of the game? Or are they going to pull a double team on the Last guy. Better yet, Who is the last guy going to be!!!

http://smilies.crowd9.com/contrib/ed/ring-inc.gif

Time Streamer
24th Jul 2003, 18:09
Kain gets my vote.

Centurion
24th Jul 2003, 20:34
Kain, baby!

~Cent~

Berkano
30th Jul 2003, 01:58
Who says Kain is better/ more powerful than Raziel?

Lets throw Kain into a horrible abyss and see how he deals with it?

Lets not forget that although Raziel might no longer be a vampire, he's a wraith, which might have a certain range of powers that Kain can never dream to possess.

Besides Kain lacks one thing to make him a likeable character to me, trust. He trusts no one, and I don't think he can. He'll always be everyone's enemy in the end.

Nybis
9th Aug 2003, 10:26
I voyed for Raziel.
I haven't played Bloodomen at all, Only Soul Raver and I've come to like the little blue guy.