PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Dynamics, take your time

Glucolisis
12th Jul 2003, 21:12
I just want Chris to read this, I hope that everybody agrees with me so he could tell this to the development team.

After seeing the recent failure of Tomb Raider: AOD i just felt the need to say that IT`S FINE WITH ME IF CRYSTAL DYNAMICS RELEASE THE GAME IN 2005 AS LONG AS IT IS "THE REAL FINAL PRODUCT".

Take all the time to test it, to add good grafics, to polish the story, remove bad elements, test the camera and controls, etc. Because the fans of tomb raider (me included) just got a "beta version of the game" full of bugs, the worst controls ever and all this reflected very well in sales. I don`t want this to happen to Defiance because of some guy is rushing the game.

So TAkE YOUR TIME TO FISNISH THE GAME, i`m willing to wait the necesary time for a good clean game with the minimum bugs if possible.

If someone has something to say, feel free to add your comments.

Glucolisis

Dark God Francisco
12th Jul 2003, 21:15
Yes they should take their time but they shouldn't take too much time look at what happened with BO2 and the SR games constant delays and yet many things were cut and in in BO2's case was ful of bugs and no I can't wait for 2005 not everyone is that patient.

punkst4r
12th Jul 2003, 22:35
I agree 2005 is too long but do take your time.

Glucolisis
12th Jul 2003, 23:02
2005 is a long time but i prefer to wait all that time instead of : to be concluded... or something like that.

Or a game full of bugs and glitches. I agree, it`s a long time but i`m willing to wait the time neccesary to complete the game.

punkst4r
12th Jul 2003, 23:40
Does it really take that long to make sure that a game is bug proof? or is it more complicated then I imagen? two extra years seems too long.

Glucolisis
13th Jul 2003, 02:37
It depends on a lot of things. Most of them i don`t know but the Angel of Darkness was in production for 3 and a half years and you just have to go the forum and read some threads to see what i mean.

That is why I want CD to take ALL the time the want, even in the 2035 i`ll buy the game(PC of course).

Omega
15th Jul 2003, 00:31
Whilst I wanted the game yesterday (no kidding either) I'd totally understand if CD decided to take their time.

Saying that... we wants it now... we wants our preciousssssssssss....

Dark God Francisco
15th Jul 2003, 00:41
Yeah im with you I want this game bad but im willing to wait and yeah CD should take their time with it if there are some problems like bugs that need fixing then a delay is justified.

ReaverImpalerX8
15th Jul 2003, 03:32
Of course ill wait but i hope the final product is worth waiting for....DUH its probably gonna b worth it :p

Zephonim
15th Jul 2003, 12:05
Saying that... we wants it now... we wants our preciousssssssssss

yeah it is precious, to all, especilally C.D
and if there is a delay it will simply be that CD will risk no ill to it!;)

Matt from Spam Buddies
15th Jul 2003, 13:46
2035?!?!

Pfftsh.

We're not getting younger, mate.

Let's not get too drastic here, if CD needs time then we're all happy to give them some of that. ;)
I've got trust in them and I really doubt they'll make LOK-D for 31 years. ;)

- Matthew

punkst4r
15th Jul 2003, 21:36
Hey Glucolisis I agree that they should take their time but don't you think you went a little overboard.:D 2035:eek:

Omega
15th Jul 2003, 22:09
I don't plan to be alive at that time!

Don't be that long!

Glucolisis
15th Jul 2003, 23:55
As you all may know i was exaggerating, of cuorse I won`t wait until 2035 (i`ll be like 50 by that time) and it wouldn`t be for PS2.

What I want to make clear is that I`m willing to wait all the time neccesary to get the game complete.

punkst4r
16th Jul 2003, 04:50
Hey man I was just joking don't think I took the whole 2035 thing serious I know what you meant.