PDA

View Full Version : The best film music ever written

Godfather
12th Jul 2003, 17:51
Last week Hans Zimmer got a special award for -what BBC World referred to as- thé greatest piece of music EVER written in film history. Although I personally think John Williams is still a tad better, I agree with the results. These were the other candidates:

Star Wars
2001: A space Odyssey
The Lord of the Rings
Braveheart

The winner was .... THE ROCK!!

I never thought the music in this FANTASTIC action classic would be appreciated, but when I heard/read the news I was super-delighted ... anyone else agree?

bye for now

dhama
12th Jul 2003, 23:09
Must admit to liking most of the above, but the more moving the piece the more it effects me. The Rock was only excellent for two reasons, one the score and the other Mr Connery himself.

BTW My dear Godfather, even though your sig message may be amusing to some, others my be offended.... just a thought. ;)

Deekman
12th Jul 2003, 23:51
Originally posted by dhama
BTW My dear Godfather, even though your sig message may be amusing to some, others my be offended.... just a thought.

I'm not exactly offended, but I would at least change the words "a man" to the word "somebody".

The Rock. Action packed from begining to end. We were on the edge of our seats the entire time.
And Speaking of Mr. Connery - we're going to see LXG tonight!

LXG pic moved to Community Chat - wherin one shall find my report

DaveJ
13th Jul 2003, 08:30
Let me know what it's like, Deek!

My all time fave movie score was Eric Serra's for "La Femme Nikita".

KandiDuran
31st Jul 2003, 00:53
My favorite is "Legends of the Fall" which was done by James Horner. My second would have to be "Lord of the Rings." I also like anything Celtic sounding....which is almost any war movie or spiritual-type movie!