PDA

View Full Version : FFXIV Storyline

Paladin_Locke
7th Jun 2013, 15:48
I never thought to really ask this question before, mostly because it will not really doesn't matter much since I'll be playing anyway, but how is this going to work? Are we new players going to start off in the story where 1.0 began? Basically, is the story change more like an addition to what was already there in 1.0, or do we start off in the completely new storyline?

member_10292472
7th Jun 2013, 23:44
I never thought to really ask this question before, mostly because it will not really doesn't matter much since I'll be playing anyway, but how is this going to work? Are we new players going to start off in the story where 1.0 began? Basically, is the story change more like an addition to what was already there in 1.0, or do we start off in the completely new storyline?

As far as I could tell the lore is the same. they just changed a lot of stuff added new features, content, and quests. But basicly same game but extreamly improved. If they changed the story they would of probably had to of given it a new number.

aznleester
8th Jun 2013, 01:04
I think, If you buy the Collectors Edition (Not sure which edition) but one of them comes with another disc explaining the events of 1.0

Paladin_Locke
8th Jun 2013, 08:01

As far as I could tell the lore is the same. they just changed a lot of stuff added new features, content, and quests. But basicly same game but extreamly improved. If they changed the story they would of probably had to of given it a new number.

They wouldn't have necessarily needed to give it a new number. It would still be the same storyline, only we, as new players, would be starting it halfway through. I still can't find any info confirming if we still have to play through the events of 1.0 though. I hope we do, just so the story would be longer for us.

Leaferian-379423
8th Jun 2013, 16:48
A Realm Reborn takes place AFTER the events seen in XIV 1.0. The period of time where one could become a Legacy Member was also the point where they offered a very special one-time-only set events leading to the beginning of the Seventh Umbral Era. It ended with the small moon called Dalamud breaking apart to reveal a now-unsealed Bahamut who laid waste to many areas of Eorzea. In a last-ditch attempt to preserve the future of the continent, it appears a spell was cast that flung the greatest heroes of that time (basically, the player characters of 1.0 and seemingly a few story-important npcs) a little bit into the future.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn will start from around that point and continue from there, with the events of the previous arc being referred to as backstory and lore.

Paladin_Locke
10th Jun 2013, 02:36
Thanks for clarifying that. I kept on hearing both ends of it. I simply couldn't find anything to confirm it. Sadly, I'm left thinking that the new players, like myself, aren't going to get the full story. We're just going to get dropped into the middle of the events. I suppose there is a chance that we'll have a completely different introduction into ARR than the legacy players. One that makes more sense for us to enter into the plot at this point. At least I hope so.