PDA

View Full Version : Go to gamespot.com NOW!!

Glucolisis
11th Jul 2003, 22:36
There is a new preview of LOkD so go and check it.

It also has new pictures!!!!

And i`m still trying to breath after seeing them!

WOW!!!!!!!!

vor
11th Jul 2003, 22:45
Whoa !!!
Who's that Winged Creature with raz in that one screen shot???

Matt from Spam Buddies
11th Jul 2003, 22:46
Oh WOW!

You're right! New screenshots! Wohoo! Fresh blood for my collection.

And for lazy people such as myself, here's a direct link.
Click right over...

... that's right ... here (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/lokdefi/preview_6071483.html).

I'll get back to reading!

- Matthew

TheElderGodofNosgoth
12th Jul 2003, 00:56
vor... I would say it would have to be Janos Audron, one of the Ancients. That is my guess. Great pics. Cool info too. :)

Sayel
12th Jul 2003, 15:38
You definately want to check out this CGI (http://xboxmedia.ign.com/xbox/image/lokdefiance_071103_3.jpg) from IGN.

It's the first time I see Raziel wearing steel plates on his lower arm instead of those outworn bandages and boots, which actually looks very cool.

Xyline
12th Jul 2003, 16:05
Wow is right. Thanks for sharing.

L_Master562
12th Jul 2003, 16:22
And a cowel(sp?)? It sure looks brown and covered zoomed in. I checked the color and it is brown around the lower jaw. Just who this is is a good question. Some guy trying to rip Raz off? Or something else. Definately makes me put my hand on my full wallet. Money saved up for that particular game. No buying a used version one week after it's released for this.

warpsavant
12th Jul 2003, 18:05
The spectral reaver and the sluagh look INSANE.

Riovanes
12th Jul 2003, 18:24
Oh mah sweet jeezy-creezy...

Must... have... game... *drools*

And I would think, by that one screenshot, it would be EXTREMELY easy to infer the truth behind Kain's final statement in SR2 - just look at the attitude of the postures of the characters in the shot, and tell me you don't get what I'm driving at.

BAH!!!

punkst4r
12th Jul 2003, 22:38
That vampire that raziel is facing looks really amazing.I'm pretty sure that's an ancient so why would raziel draw his reaver?

Osyris
12th Jul 2003, 22:51
the graphics in the picture with the sluagh look incredible, and the Winged Ancient looks intrueging.

from the earlier graphics seen the pictures gamespot had available i wasnt sure that the graphics were any different from SR2. i would have accepted that. but now that iv seen what its really like... :D

punkst4r
12th Jul 2003, 23:47
The new gear that raziel has looks cool but I didn't see it in any of the gameplay pics.

Matt from Spam Buddies
13th Jul 2003, 09:15
Originally posted by punkst4r
The new gear that raziel has looks cool but I didn't see it in any of the gameplay pics.

That's because that rendered concept art picture was merely promotional, another artist's view how Raziel might look.
It is quite cool, but it's not Raziel's style and I sigh with relief that he's not wearing them in the actual game.

- Matthew

blincoln
13th Jul 2003, 10:18
There's still time to change the way he looks. I like both ways, but the metal bits on him look really cool.

Matt from Spam Buddies
13th Jul 2003, 10:37
Yup... They do look cool and stylish, but it's not much of Raziel's style, if You know what I mean. ;)

Anyway, Ben, it seems that word of Your shoe-store is getting around. Kain is now also wearing nice metallic boots in a new concept art piece in GameSpy's LOK-D preview.

-sigh-

:D

- Matthew

Vampmaster
13th Jul 2003, 11:39
Why would they show us screens shots of an evil Janos if they're being so carefull about not giving the plot away? We don't know what's going on in that picture yet. It probably is Janos, but I'm trying to keep an open mind and trust that they wouldn't release anything major about the plot.

Sayel
13th Jul 2003, 11:47
can somebody tell me, why I cannot look at a single screenshot from Gamespot. They don't want to show.
Every other Internet Site shows, but not Gamespot.

Matt from Spam Buddies
13th Jul 2003, 11:47
Then DON'T read the new GameSpy article about LOK-D.

It kinda ruined the magic for me... a little...

- Matthew

Vampmaster
13th Jul 2003, 12:00
Too late.

The ancients are evil.

Lady_D
13th Jul 2003, 12:43
Those Screenshots are soooo kewl! The ancients definately look wicked! I can't wait till November. I guess I'll have to put off making my Squiddy plushie till then, cause I hear the first chapter of the game has some great shots of Squiddy. I'll have so see how they make him look in this game! ;)

Quicksilver
13th Jul 2003, 17:33
I really wouldn't worry too much about the Gamespy article - I'd guess that CD would rather undergo torture than reveal a big plot giveaway like that <shrugs> Besides, the author doesn't sound like much of a one for research ;)

Apocrypha Roxy
13th Jul 2003, 17:40
Umah's been right all along...

She's been getting inside information!!!

Quickly! Track her down!! :p

Riovanes
13th Jul 2003, 17:44
Originally posted by Vampmaster
Too late.

The ancients are evil.

As if you shouldn't have already known this from the end of SR2?

BAH!!!

Matt from Spam Buddies
13th Jul 2003, 17:46
Yeah, Rio-mate, I didn't mean that as a spoiler, rather the thang that they revealed the number of bosses...

-groan-

- Matthew

Quicksilver
13th Jul 2003, 17:47
Oh, and one more thing - the screenshots on the ps2 Lok: D area of Gamespot (as opposed to the Xbox area) are slightly different - for example a nice one of what I think is the Elder still impersonating Big Brother :)

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/lokdefi/screens.html?page=34

PhoenixReaver
13th Jul 2003, 18:09
Matt-mate, why does it bother you so much that the number of bosses was revealed? I was more bothered by

the fact that he told us he fought an angelic vampire named Janos

Matt from Spam Buddies
13th Jul 2003, 18:16
PhoenixReaver-mate, it's because I will now be sub-conciously counting the boss encounters and that's not good, mate.

- Matthew

Quicksilver
13th Jul 2003, 18:17
why doesn't someone ask Chris about some of this stuff? It might not even be true, I don't know

Matt from Spam Buddies
13th Jul 2003, 18:19
Oh, and PhoenixReaver, I don't take that as a spoiler, because we all saw the Janos-thang coming a mile away, mate.

- Matthew

Glucolisis
13th Jul 2003, 18:36
The gamespy preview says that Raziel is 500 years in the future, but the Gamespot one says that Kain is the one 500 years in the future.

PhoenixReaver
13th Jul 2003, 18:38
Matt-mate, you mean because then you'll know when things are getting closer to the end, and knowing, uh-oh this guy who appears to be the final guy is in fact not the final boss, and uh-oh, I am gonna fight at least three more mini-bosses before it's over!

Yeah, I can see the problem, mate.

As for the Janos-thing, I didn't see it coming. I mean, I've read most of the funky theories here, but they are still remain theories. I've not been fully convinced by any theory, mate.

In conclusion, I'm wondering why we keep calling each other mate all the time.

And you're welcome to shorten my nickname down to Phoenix, mate, since that's what I usually go by, only it was taken at the Eidos Boards.

PhoenixReaver
13th Jul 2003, 18:43
Originally posted by Glucolisis
The gamespy preview says that Raziel is 500 years in the future, but the Gamespot one says that Kain is the one 500 years in the future.

Not true.

Originally written by Gamespy
Raziel, on the other hand, finds himself 500 years ahead of Kain, trapped by the Elder God
Originally written by Gamespot
As Kain's story picks up, we find him 500 years apart from where Raziel begins, fighting off droves of soldiers in a large castle.

500 years apart does not mean 500 years earlier. As for "500 years ahead" I'm wondering if that means "500 years later" or "500 years earlier". If it means earlier, it would make more sense, since then Raziel would not have traveled "anywhen", and Kain would be around the time of BO1, which is when we've heard that a lot of Defiance will take place.

Glucolisis
13th Jul 2003, 18:51
Thanks for clearing that for me!

Vampmaster
13th Jul 2003, 19:35
Originally posted by Apocrypha Roxy
Umah's been right all along...

She's been getting inside information!!!

Quickly! Track her down!! :p

They should put her name in the credits it they've let her write the story. It also turns out that the ancients aren't even from nosgoth.

PhoenixReaver
13th Jul 2003, 19:36
No problem, Glucolisis. Glad to be of help.

Umah Bloodomen
14th Jul 2003, 00:45
Do you want to start licking my boot now or wait until later? ;)

I can honestly assure everyone that I have not received any sort of *inside information*. I would like to check out this gamespy article though. Where might I find it?

EDIT: Nevermind. I found it. :)

Vampmaster
14th Jul 2003, 20:15
Just being bitter.

Apocrypha Roxy
15th Jul 2003, 02:02
We believe you, Umah... the coincidence is just uncanny, that's all... :p

At least they should put an extra in the Defiance disc about the Dark Gifts, or a mention in the credits to you and the guys who pitched in. Those pictures would look mighty nice there. Mostly the ones of Raz 'holding' his beer.

Hell, I hold my beer better! :p

Umah Bloodomen
15th Jul 2003, 02:17
Originally posted by Apocrypha Roxy
We believe you, Umah... the coincidence is just uncanny, that's all... :p

I know, and I don't mean to get overly defensive about such accusations (even when they are made in a joking manner), but the fact of the matter is that they can reflect poorly on individuals whom I have off-forum relationships with. I am a lucky woman to have the friends that I do, and I certainly don't want to be responsible for ruining that (directly or indirectly).

Raz makes one hell of a bottle opener though. :p

Apocrypha Roxy
15th Jul 2003, 02:47
So, is Raz a Miller-Light kind of guy, or a Budweiser fella?

:D

Umah Bloodomen
15th Jul 2003, 02:55
A Heineken and whatever frilly beer Blinc picked up-kind-of-fella. ;)

Lucent
15th Jul 2003, 03:01
I bet you the pillars of nosgoth that the winged figure is Janos Audren come back from the Demon Dimension. Poor Janos, always getting knocked around by one lord of badness or another ^_~

If it isn't getting his heart ripped out, its getting tossed into the Abyss (yeah, really. Don't tell me that the Hylden Gate looks nothing like the abyss) by the Serafan Lord ^_^

It sure looks like he's had a VERY bad time.

Umah Bloodomen
15th Jul 2003, 03:04
Has anyone suggested that this part of the game may be the point Raziel resurrects Janos, and he just wakes up all ticked off? :p

Lucent
15th Jul 2003, 03:08
Could be too, yes indeedy.

I saw another shot of the Ancient and it looks a little brighter, and he does indeed have a bottom Jaw, so my thoughts on Janos being back from the Demon Dimension is a little flat.

Hey, maybe its Raziel encountering Janos before he met him in SR2? "Raziel, my child.. what have they done to you?" Maybe? O.o;;

warpsavant
15th Jul 2003, 03:12
LOL, he don't look like the last Janos Raziel met so maybe he don't recognize him?

Apocrypha Roxy
15th Jul 2003, 16:03
Perhaps the ressurection thing is a bit taxing on the old fellow? Hey, you get your heart ripped from your chest, your aerie collapses around you, and then you get dusted off and have your heart put back in - and now your body has to quickly sew a gaping hole up as your blood pumps again.

Hey, I'd be pretty ticked off, too... :p

punkst4r
16th Jul 2003, 05:08
Everytime that something bad happens to janos something has to collapse.=BO2 The platform that kain and the sarafan lord are standing on.=SR2 his aerie.

Bo2 was kinda expected because of the nexus stone being thrown and all but it collapsed right after janos fell so I think it had something to do ith janos.
Sorry if it's out of topic but since you mentioned his aerie I wanted to see what you thought.