PDA

View Full Version : Configuration

dolphyn
10th Jul 2003, 01:26
What's the ideal configuration for this game?I'm not familiar with many things shown on the settings menu?The reason i'm asking is because i play all the games i have with the highest detail possible except...tomb raider.
Btw this is my 1st time i'm playing a tomb raider game and i'm enjoying despite all the bugs.
i have a p4 2.4,g4 ti 4200 128mb and 512mb ddr400.

Iamasockpuppet
10th Jul 2003, 01:40
I have a system nearly identical to yours, here's how I run it:

In my system's display properties I have AntiAliasing set to 4xs. In the AOD main menu 'settings' I have everything set to the first 32 bit choice in each box, Anisotropic filtering on everything except Filter env(set to trilinear). Quality room & actors High. Format RGB to Compressed DXT1, ARGB DXT3. In game Options/Video everything On and set to High. This is at 800x600 32bit, refresh rate set to 85hz. In my opinion this is the best looking way to run it AND keep high fps as possible on this level of system. Using FRAPS to view my frames per second.

I am also enjoying playing this game, the glitches don't prevent me from doing what I want, unlike the REAL buggy games out there.

ManaMonkey
10th Jul 2003, 01:41
>> What's the ideal configuration for this game?

Who knows? Graphical bugs and slowdown seem to appear no matter how powerful a system you have. I have a P4 2.8GHz, 512MB RAM, and a 128MB Hercules 9700 Pro, and I get some fairly massive slowdown on maximum graphics settings. Ideally, the more the better, but I have a feeling there are some pretty severe bugs in the 3D engine, which might make it unpredictable.

>> I'm not familiar with many things shown on the settings menu

Neither are many other people - it's a ridiculously complicated menu that's totally unncessary, for the hardcore gamer only (though they, like me, do appreciate it). Set it to "Normal", then configure the game from the in-game Video menu, which is a lot less complex.

>> The reason i'm asking is because i play all the games i have with the highest detail possible except...tomb raider. Btw this is my 1st time i'm playing a tomb raider game and i'm enjoying despite all the bugs.

Once you've finished Angel of Darkness, you should pick up Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation, or if you don't mind older graphics, Tomb Raider 2 (both are available for £5 [~$8] if you look around). They may not be as flashy and impressive as AOD, and the controls are different, but I (and others) consider the earlier Tomb Raider games to be better.

>> i have a p4 2.4,g4 ti 4200 128mb and 512mb ddr400.

That should play AOD easily at maximum settings. As I explained, the engine is still carrying more than a few slowdown bugs that should have been eliminated quite a while ago. You might get perfectly clear performance on a Pentium 90 with integrated graphics, for all we know... ;)

- m0nk3y :)