PDA

View Full Version : Can't save the darn game!!!

LOOKINSIDE
9th Jul 2003, 21:59
This is what happens: if i try to save the game during gameplay through the savegame slot, i get one free slot and then a "Save Successful" message appears. So far, so good. But if i try to load the game through that same slot, nothing happens Well, something does happen: a grey "Load Game" message appears. I hit the Enter key but nothing happens... I have to start a new game, wait for that and then press the F9 key to quickload. Is there any way to save and load the game through the f***ing slot???

Kriswilli
11th Jul 2003, 23:48
You're not alone...I can only save one game and it's by using F9 and F5. I have read that others are experiencing this on other boards also. Am hoping a patch comes along to fix all the problems with this game.:mad:

GoranAgar
12th Jul 2003, 08:25
Can it be the same problem as in TR4?

Do you start the game via Windows Autostart by just putting the CD into the drive?

If you do, don't. Use the desktop icon or the Start menu.

Kriswilli
12th Jul 2003, 12:33
Do you start the game via Windows Autostart by just putting the CD into the drive?

If you do, don't. Use the desktop icon or the Start menu.

I've tried it both ways...doesn't make a difference as far as being able to save.

I won all the TR games and no problems with TR4 installation or play so don't think that's the answer. EIDOS told me to go into DirectX and change Sound to "No acceleration". That made absolutely no difference, either. Assured me that would fix it. It didn't and I've read many posts on other boards with similar problems.

I hate to whine but I have had nothing but problems with FMV, sound, game not running and now no saves with AOD since purchase last Sunday. Have worked out all except the saves on my own. I'm very disappointed. It's not A Good Thing.

Lara's Mom

LOOKINSIDE
14th Jul 2003, 20:55
It just took a second: all i did was uncheck the "Intel SSE" box on the first settings tab. Since i'm using an AMD processor, i did that just to see what happened. And voilá! I was able to load and save wothout being through the F5/F9 If you're having the same problem, try unchecking the "AMD" box or the "Intel", if your processor is Intel or AMD, in this order.

Kriswilli
14th Jul 2003, 23:17
I have tried unchecking all boxes! Still unable to save or load games. My AMD never highlighted to check, anyway. I am currently running without any Multi Thread or Intel boxes checked. My processor is an Intel so I think that's part of the problem but I'm also running Windows XP which may be part of the problem, too. Any other ideas? Glad yours is working...wish I could say the same.
Lara's Mom

LOOKINSIDE
15th Jul 2003, 13:41
Originally posted by Kriswilli
I'm also running Windows XP which may be part of the problem, too.

I guess that's not part of the problem. I'm running XP Professional SP1 too and now the game is working fine.

Case
26th Jul 2003, 15:02
Fixed this yet?

Case
26th Jul 2003, 15:09
I figured it out guys.

Put Disc one into the freaking drive, I had Disc 2 sitting in there, and thats what the install finished on so I left it in there since I did a full install (I didn't expect data to be needed from the CDs)

but I plop Disc 1 into the drive, and my 4 save games appear. Voila :D

Case
26th Jul 2003, 15:19
Aww what the hell! It worked, I SWEAR it DID!

I looked to my left, saw disc one laying there, and i popped it in. I run the game, and I see the four saves that I made sitting there, RIGHT THERE! Then I quit to come tell you guys and when I go load the game up again and open the load games screen they aren't there!! *Pulls hair out and screams*

Kriswilli
26th Jul 2003, 17:31
That didn't work for me!:mad:

Lara's Mom