PDA

View Full Version : TRChronicles.com has closed

Barc '04
9th Jul 2003, 16:47
This is on there main page:

Tombraiderchronicles.com has now closed. Thank you for your company during the past five years.

Please visit www.tombraiderforums.com for the Tomb Raider series, including The Angel Of Darkness Walkthrough and Guide, the Tomb Raider motion pictures and to chat with 7000 like-minded Tomb Raider fans from across the globe.

Thank you for an amazing five years!

YoungLara_TR3
9th Jul 2003, 17:17
I love that site:(

Lil Lara
9th Jul 2003, 17:47
Do you know why they closed it down?

That's unfortunate. :(

Cherouvim
9th Jul 2003, 18:54
THE BEST SITE EVER!!!

I don't think that there was a more informed site than this. I still can't believe it :(

Tipsko
9th Jul 2003, 20:19
:( In the past years I checked that site almost every day to see if there were new AOD movies :( I really am going to miss that page!!

THE True Lara
9th Jul 2003, 21:15
OMG! :(

But it was the most comprehensive site online. Does anyone know why it's closed?
What a loss to the web.

Luc [TRO]
11th Jul 2003, 16:36
I don't know exactly but i 'm trying to investigate ...

now i have some infos but are that "rumours" ?

Some people said that the site is closed due to copyright problems with other site like Eidos or Core
another said that is an hosting cost problem due to the bandwidth needed ...

I never understanded why a non official site like TRC can receive infos, videos and pictures before others sites and also the official sites like Eidos or Core ....

Barc '04
11th Jul 2003, 18:21
TRC was the official news outlet for Eidos and Core, so they got the exclusives.

disco-fever
12th Jul 2003, 14:00
how sad, I can still remember how I felt when my favorite site :http://www.tombraiders.com got shut down.

Cherouvim
12th Jul 2003, 14:48
Originally posted by Luc [TRO]
Some people said that the site is closed due to copyright problems with other site like Eidos or Core
another said that is an hosting cost problem due to the bandwidth needed ...

I never understanded why a non official site like TRC can receive infos, videos and pictures before others sites and also the official sites like Eidos or Core ....

Nope!! This is not the reason. And Barc is right about the exclusiveness!!

Lara Croft Online
13th Jul 2003, 02:27
Justin just want to say thanks for everything. Thanks for taking
the time to teach me the tricks of the trade. TRC went out on top
and that was from hard work and dedication. In the posts above
exclusives are mentioned and those came from hard work of
building contacts and scouring the web nothing comes free.
All the best Justin relax and have some fun you deserve it.

Trinity34
13th Jul 2003, 02:53
I'm surprised more people haven't responded to this thread!

I know that a lot of you here have visited TRC to download or view pictures/video and have read the news articles. Now its gone and you have nothing to say????? Does anyone care that its gone????

And what about you Eidos and Core? The least you can do is email Justin and thank him for all the hard work he put into promoting the TR series! I'm sure you are going to miss it.

Thanks to Justin and Andrew for all the time and effort put into TRC. Good luck in whatever you decide to do. :)

Luc [TRO]
13th Jul 2003, 10:35
thus the reason seems to be more an hosting cost problem and not another like copyright ....

This site wasn't my favorite due to the slowness of loading pages or dowloading stuff like videos , but sure it was the first for the news about TR. It's always sad that a good TR site dissapears...

Jorge22
15th Jul 2003, 00:15
Take a look again. It's back. Still with their never ending tech problems which will someday hopefully be fixed...

bene1
15th Jul 2003, 02:03
Jorge, I wonder what's going on over there.
Just tried to D/L from there and the message says it will be resuming July 18th!!! Good news!

Maybe Justin needed to get away for a bit. He did such a great job there, I always thought it was an official Eidos/Core site.
Now I know why he wasn't pleased if anyone posted about slow downloads............... must have taken it as a personal insult.......which it wasn't.

CyCro
15th Jul 2003, 08:59
Yes it's really back, and it's a great site, even though it's slow! This only shows that it gets many hits. ;)

THE True Lara
15th Jul 2003, 10:48
yeah it is back! :)

Jorge22
15th Jul 2003, 11:22
Originally posted by bene1
Jorge, I wonder what's going on over there.
Just tried to D/L from there and the message says it will be resuming July 18th!!! Good news!

Maybe Justin needed to get away for a bit. He did such a great job there, I always thought it was an official Eidos/Core site.
Now I know why he wasn't pleased if anyone posted about slow downloads............... must have taken it as a personal insult.......which it wasn't.

You're right, it wasn't. Maybe he should try and be a little more mature instead of causing a lot of idiots to insult me just for getting their stress out of their system. But I don't think he fully understands what his reactions cause. Oh, well... Elen seems like a nice person, though. If they ever manage to add acceptable decent load/download speeds, then I may get back (not that I'm very missed, I guess). On the other hand, Michael Prager's site is very nice, warm and fun and I don't really mind having to install the levels (better than waiting hours for them to download and gathering that's acceptable). Take care, Bene.

Cherouvim
16th Jul 2003, 15:51
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p