PDA

View Full Version : Sys_error_structured_exception_handle

splumley
8th Jul 2003, 18:20
Sorry if this is posted elsewhere, search didnt find it though and this boards FAQ entry doesnt help.

I get this error when starting the game, after the "2yrs earlier" cutscene - SYS_ERROR_STRUCTURED_EXCEPTION_HANDLE

I suspect it is audio related, although it still happens if I disable either audio ingame, or disable my Audigy card.

I've updated the drivers from the Creative sight, adjusted the Control Panel>Sound and Audio devices as suggested, turned off EAX, enable software sound etc - no good!!

I've recently played Unreal2, Mafia etc on full details with no problems, so what's up?

Cheers, Stuart

Athlon 2400+
Soundblaster Audigy (basic)
Geforce4 Ti 4600
ASUS Nforce A7N8X mobo (basic)
512Mb PC2100 Generic RAM
DX 9
Windows XP Pro

Bunnysays
8th Jul 2003, 22:44
HI,
I get the exact same error but i get it when i try to run the game. I can't even get the game to start. A box pops up about enumerating audio devices then i get that message. I came here to try to find out what it was. If anyone can help please do so. Have you found an answer to this yet? If so, please list it.

splumley
9th Jul 2003, 14:32
No fix yet, looking at this board again, there seem to be several mentions of this message, but no real fix.

I'm going to try installing on Windows ME, if I can find the time, or I may return the game and spend more time on RTCW Enemy Territory (free game, no bugs that I've seen, no hype . . . . .)