PDA

View Full Version : Favorite E3 Trailer scenes

Lady_D
7th Jul 2003, 21:36
Ok, just got through watching the E3 trailer for the hundredth time. I have all the scenes memorized by heart. :) Since I'm a Raz fan, the 2 scenes I liked best were when Raziel whips around to face a stonelike figure that looks remarkedly like Janos Audron, that is walking toward him. The other scene I noted was when Raz leaps and lands with a claw biting "screech". These scenes simply rocked me! The detail was incredible. I am mesmerized every time I watch it. If the rest of the game has scenes like these, I'm sure it will leave me speechless. I was wondering If anyone else saw something in particular that grabbed them while watching this incredible trailer, or have theories on how these scenes might fit into the Defiance plot.

Matt from Spam Buddies
7th Jul 2003, 22:06
Your second choice is my first one. :)

I loved how Raziel screeched on that pavement. That rocked my world. All my friends who hadn't even heard about LOK, watched it and loved that scene! Wonderful!

I am also glad that You, too, think that the figure that surprised Raziel was Janos. :)

But my second favourite scene would be Kain hacking down the stone wall with the Blood Reaver like CRAZY. MAN, I LOVE that scene. He's all rabbid-like, woah. I throw my hair everytime I see him do that. :D Best. Scene. Evar. :p

- Matthew

vampire of balance
8th Jul 2003, 06:46
Kain's air/telekinetic combos are my favourites.

Zephonim
8th Jul 2003, 11:14
the parts where kain emptys the blood from the neck about 26 seconds into it and there is a small 2 legged thing running about i wonder what that is?anyone else noticed this

Zephonim
8th Jul 2003, 11:19
also @ the end kain does some kinda backflip thing when destroying the wall

Matt from Spam Buddies
8th Jul 2003, 11:42
The little dude looked kind of like a Shade from TLOKS-SR2, but I think he was a Thrall. Yup, a common Thrall.

EDIT:
Oh, You meant at 26 seconds. That, that is a birdie, mate.

- Matthew

Evelin The Winged
8th Jul 2003, 12:50
I liked (alright, LOVED) the part when Raziel flipped and turned around in mid air and then landing. Gotta love that. And also the part where Kain throw's the guy after biting his neck.

Zephonim
8th Jul 2003, 13:25
Oh, You meant at 26 seconds. That, that is a birdie, mate.

lol , you must have a better quality video than me because it just looks like a purpleish ball on 2 legs:D

Matt from Spam Buddies
8th Jul 2003, 14:00
I doubt I have that E3 trailer in better quality than You do.

Maybe it's my imagination or the fact that I've seen this screenshot which seems to be taken from that very same scene. I guess. At least there's a little unhappy creature similar to the description of a purpleish ball on two legs, mate.

Here's the original screenshot...

http://www.vabrik.ee/snake/original.jpg

And now let's take a closer peek...

http://www.vabrik.ee/snake/birdie.jpg

See, that looks kind of like a birdie. :)

- Matthew

chris026058
8th Jul 2003, 21:07
Originally posted by Matt from Spam Buddies
Your second choice is my first one. :)

I loved how Raziel screeched on that pavement. That rocked my world. All my friends who hadn't even heard about LOK, watched it and loved that scene! Wonderful!

I am also glad that You, too, think that the figure that surprised Raziel was Janos. :)

But my second favourite scene would be Kain hacking down the stone wall with the Blood Reaver like CRAZY. MAN, I LOVE that scene. He's all rabbid-like, woah. I throw my hair everytime I see him do that. :D Best. Scene. Evar. :p

- Matthew

Yup, my two favorite scenes also. Love the way Kain annihilates that wall. Looks so fierce. Hope I get to do that in the game.:)

Matt from Spam Buddies
8th Jul 2003, 21:22
They should show how Kain does the first blows in real-time, then freeze the picture, make a full 360 rotate around Kain and then show the final blow. :D

Haha. All Matrix-style. Yeah, baby! ;)

- Matthew

Raz
8th Jul 2003, 21:31
My favourite scene, from the trailers released so far, has got to be when Raziel does a backward somersault after vaulting off a pillar. It looks amazing! I just can't wait to see it in person, as the trailers can never match the real thing, obviously! :D

someguysteve
9th Jul 2003, 01:24
i love the part with Raziel bouncing of the walls, i hope he becomes more agile in general.

the second is the one with the big ol' fiery stone golems.

i can't wait for more videos

punkst4r
9th Jul 2003, 01:29
I liked it where kain is floating in the air and sucking his victims blood at the same time.

http://www.nosgoth.net/Defiance/Screenshots/Psm72-6.JPG
http://burns.thefinaldimension.org/cwm/cwm/lurk.gif

Apocrypha Roxy
9th Jul 2003, 17:44
Punkst4r - gives new meaning to the phrase 'Eating on the Go' :p

I loved when Raz bounced off the pillars and landed with a screech. That rocked.

And I liked when Kain went all Jericho on those Thrall in Vorador's mansion - of course, the rug will be a pain to clean...

I like that matrix idea - I usually manipulate the camera in my games so I can get a view from the 'victims' perspective. Very cool...

I loved all the scenes. I hope we get another trailer - one with dialogue and sound - a taste of what's to come. The anticipation is a pleasure to savor!

:D

punkst4r
10th Jul 2003, 05:01
If you guys have noticed in the treiler in about 14 seconds and pause you can se a red orb with something around it ,its just to the right of the pillars that are holding up the mansion or where ever kain is at .I noticed it in a magazine I bought too.
What do you guys think it is?

ZelenGangrel
10th Jul 2003, 07:14
I think I like the one where Kain throws the guy up into the air, follows him and sorta does this TK Kick move and flings the guy forward.

Matt from Spam Buddies
10th Jul 2003, 10:22
Originally posted by punkst4r
If you guys have noticed in the treiler in about 14 seconds and pause you can se a red orb with something around it ,its just to the right of the pillars that are holding up the mansion or where ever kain is at .I noticed it in a magazine I bought too.
What do you guys think it is?

The trailer is well too blurry to tell for sure.
But I saw it and my first thought was that maybe it was one of those little blood basins we saw also in Janos Audron's Retreat.
They're both vampires and very close, they just might have similar taste, too. ;)

- Matthew

dago
11th Jul 2003, 18:37
how many videos are there now?

Dark God Francisco
11th Jul 2003, 21:21
I love the entire trailer I can't wait for this game.

Matt from Spam Buddies
11th Jul 2003, 21:34
Originally posted by dago
how many videos are there now?

Two. Both from E3 2003.
One is the theatrical trailer with music and tons of visual eye-candy and whatnot.
The second one is a game-play trailer without sound and music, showing some short clips of Raz and Kain.

- Matthew

dago
12th Jul 2003, 09:34
ok cool...i've got them both...

my favourite scene is when kain's on the bridge...and he kills all those people...and hardly gets a scracth...

i also like the one scene from the first video where kain hits someone off a balcony, then jumps down after him...

Matt from Spam Buddies
12th Jul 2003, 09:48
Yup, that was a common Thrall.

I liked how the camera angle changed, gave a very nice theatrical feeling.

EDIT:

Aw, man. I just discovered that Kain does not wipe his mouth clean after a bloody meal anymore. :(

Aww... I really liked that little thang... Oh well. :)

- Matthew

ReaverImpalerX8
14th Jul 2003, 00:55
Yea my fav was also wen raziel landed with his claws and legs. Not only cuz it was cool but the song kinda matched with it.

Razielim Angel
14th Jul 2003, 23:21
Yeah. The flip of the pillar and land thing was my favorite part of the thing

punkst4r
16th Jul 2003, 05:25
I liked the way raziel just shot out and bounced of the pillars just before he did the landing you guys are talking about which i also liked very much.