PDA

View Full Version : I need some help with the facts.

Raziel689
7th Jul 2003, 20:19
Okay... how many vampires did Kain create exactly? I know Raziel, "Melciah," Zephon, Rehab, Turel, Dumah, and... Malek? I don't know about Malek... but that comes to about 6 or 7. And also I really don't know much at all about the Pillar Guardians. Like... barely anything. If anyone can take the time to explain the names and what Guardian they are... I would really appreciate it.

Umah Bloodomen
7th Jul 2003, 20:49
Originally posted by Raziel689
Okay... how many vampires did Kain create exactly? I know Raziel, "Melciah," Zephon, Rehab, Turel, Dumah, and... Malek? I don't know about Malek... but that comes to about 6 or 7. And also I really don't know much at all about the Pillar Guardians. Like... barely anything. If anyone can take the time to explain the names and what Guardian they are... I would really appreciate it.

Raziel, Turel, Dumah, Rahab, Melchiah and Zephon were the only vampires created by Kain. Malek was not a vampire. As for the Guardians in BO1:

The Mentalist, Nupraptor - Guardian of the Pillar of the Mind
The Druid, Bane - Guardian of the Pillar of Nature
The Energist, Dejoule - Guardian of the Pillar of Energy
The Time-Streamer, Moebius - Guardian of the Pillar of Time
The Paladin, Malek - Guardian of the Pillar of Conflict
The Planer, Azimuth - Guardian of the Pillar of Dimension
The Alchemist, Anarcrothe - Guardian of the Pillar of States
The Necromancer, Mortanius - Guardian of the Pillar of Death
The Sorceress, Ariel - Guardian of the Pillar of Balance

No names were issued to the six who fell during Vorador's slaughter. My further advice to you would be to indulge in the gameplay of BO1. You're definately missing out on a lot of information.

EDIT: Slight spelling correction.

Raziel689
7th Jul 2003, 23:48
Somehow I got the idea in my head that the Tomb Guardian below the Sarafan Tomb was Malek. I think I read it in a faq somewhere. Anywho thanks for the help. I also got the idea that Vampire brothers could be the future Guardians of the Pillars. But since the numbers don't work out I guess it doesn't fit. But who knows? Expect the unexpected in a Legacy of Kain game. As corny as that sounds.

blincoln
8th Jul 2003, 00:08
That (incorrect) FAQ has fooled a lot of people.

Omega
8th Jul 2003, 00:30
Nah. That vampire looked too much like Turel to pass as a different Vampiric leader.

If Malek wasn't a Vampire, what happened to his Tomb? His grave was opened just like the rest of the Sarafan Brothers, with no evidence of a corpse.

Bearing in mind, I still haven't completed BO1 (I'm a SR kinda guy ;))...

The Amazing Rando
8th Jul 2003, 01:17
Originally posted by Omega
Nah. That vampire looked too much like Turel to pass as a different Vampiric leader.

If Malek wasn't a Vampire, what happened to his Tomb? His grave was opened just like the rest of the Sarafan Brothers, with no evidence of a corpse.

Bearing in mind, I still haven't completed BO1 (I'm a SR kinda guy ;))...

His tomb had no sarcophagus (sp). His tomb wasn't opened like the rest, because there was no body to bury. His name was listed only because it was like a graveyard for the finest Sarafan, of which Malek was one and one of the original members (since the circle created it and he was a circle member and all). Kain couldn't raise him, as I said above, he didn't have a body. Malek was on a different mission than the other brothers anyway. He dodn't seem much like a vamp hunter, he just protected the circle.

BTW Umah, one correction to your list above (the BO1 Guardians) You forgot that the real balance guardian was Kain, tho I think that goes without saying. ;):p

Umah Bloodomen
8th Jul 2003, 01:18
I do beg to differ with those sentiments. I originally thought Malek's tomb to have been opened as well, however upon reviewing that aspect of SR1, that isn't the case

Malek's *Tomb* in SR1 (http://umahbloodomen.members.easyspace.com/malektomb.jpg)

And Rando,

I am not disputing Kain's role as the Balance Guardian, and yes it does go without saying, however it's also not my place to give away that aspect of the storyline if the author if this thread is not aware of that at this point. I am sure he's of able mind and body, he can play BO1 for himself, or find it elsewhere on his own time.

EDIT: My initial statement and image was directed to Omega, BTW. Rando posted while I was uploading the image.

blincoln
8th Jul 2003, 01:29
Malek has a place in the tomb out of respect, not because his body was ever laid there.

The Amazing Rando
8th Jul 2003, 01:35
Ah, gracias Umah. It never even crossed my mind when I posted (as it was mostly an instant reply to Omega) that the original thread author might not know. It's just become such general knowledge to me and most of the forumites (as I do hang out with all the threads involving said info) that it just didn't click that everyone didn't know from either Bo1 or the Sr series. It has since been changed to spoiler function.

Edit: f'n cut finger, I can't type with just my left or with linited right hand ability. Typos all over the place.

Umah Bloodomen
8th Jul 2003, 01:54
Blinc ~ Indeed. Way back in the day, when we had a related-discussion, I discovered that.

Malek's body, (well, what's left of it anyway) still resides where Mortanius damned him, if I remember correctly.

Rando ~ No problem, dear. Despite what is and is not common knowledge, I just prefer to be considerate. I jammed a mechanical pencil through the tip of my finger about 2 weeks ago and the thing didn't stop bleeding for nearly four days. I still have a hole in it. (Couldn't type to save my butt). :p ;) :D

The Amazing Rando
8th Jul 2003, 02:08
Well it depends on your interpretation of BO1. Either his body is still there, or it's frozen on his throne in his Bastion, or both. That's one of the disputed facts about BO1.

And I do like being considerate as far as spoilers, but it wasn't even a consideration that they didn't know. Another whoops for me. (that's 2 pointed out to me today, blinc's site and this-bleh).

As far as my finger, I was the recipient of the canine ninja stealth attack of death last night. :d I always knew my dog was after me, I predicted it 2 years ago, and now it comes back to haunt me. I got tripped and put me hand out to stop my fall and caught the metal air vent register. My finger is basically split, tho it seems to heal for a bit, till I put any pressure on it and it decides to bleed out another ounce of blood per second. :D It sucks, cuz it's not that big of a cut, and it doesn't hurt, it just gets in the way cuz I don't want to bloody up the house.

Raziel689
9th Jul 2003, 03:48
Hey I knew that bit about Kain! I do not know the whole story of Blood Omen, but I do know the basic outline. I have played all the other games except BO1. Also, the bit about Kain was revealed time and time again in all the others, so it is no real secret to anyone who has played just one of the games.

Umah Bloodomen
9th Jul 2003, 03:53
It is not my place to spoil aspects of the storyline, just as I don't think it is your place to assume everyone knows, can or wants to handle the information. The Spoiler function is here as a courtesy to others, and I choose to take advantage of it. :)