PDA

View Full Version : Just play some game before LOK Defiance...



Valzara
7th Jul 2003, 08:41
Well, I just got my copy of Tomb Rider :Angel Of Darkness, an Eidos game too and quite good in graphic and game play. If you like to play an action game with puzzle solving like a whole LOK series and still waitting for Defiance, try this game .:)
(unless you hate Tomb Rider series...:p )

Matt from Spam Buddies
7th Jul 2003, 09:29
Mate, You'll have that game finished two times in a row before You can say, "Shazbot!". ;)

I have nothing against the TR series, because I don't like them so much. It's kind of fun to watch how long they still stretch their rope.

If anythang then I think I'll rent TR-AOD. It's quite amusing, really. I haven't seen a game with THAT bad a score on gaming sites for a looong time. It had such a lousy score I might even play it to see what's the deal. :D Heheh.

I haven't played Primal yet, so I'm gonna have tons of phun until LOK-D. Because the forum dwellers here say it's a good game, a mates? :)

- Matthew

Rook
7th Jul 2003, 09:39
Every time I get the slightest temptation to go out and get another TR game, I remember just how much I don't care for the ones I already have. If anything, I think it's the wooden control system that puts me off the most...

Glad to hear you like it, though, Valzara! http://www.imagemagician.com/images/rook/wayfarer/bigsmileltblu.gif

Edit: Removed the potentially suggestive "Joystick" smiley. Don't ask...http://www.imagemagician.com/images/rook/wayfarer/anim-laughltblu.gif

Valzara
7th Jul 2003, 09:52
OK, this Tr-AOD is much better than the previos game, I still remember I played Tr-Chronicle, it's really boring in game play.
To Matt:Me too, still look how long the series they can play, just imagine one day my child tell me: Dad, I need money for Tomb Rider 25...

P/s : Rook, I like your signature.

Lady_D
7th Jul 2003, 16:50
Got it last week - on the last level now........what am I going to do for the next 4 months :confused:

Matt from Spam Buddies
7th Jul 2003, 17:16
Now You go and whatch the TR movie... :rolleyes:

- Matthew

Umah Bloodomen
7th Jul 2003, 20:40
Originally posted by Rook
Every time I get the slightest temptation to go out and get another TR game, I remember just how much I don't care for the ones I already have. If anything, I think it's the wooden control system that puts me off the most...


Well I hope you haven't had a chance to read the reviews on this title over at the AOD forums. (They will kill any temptation you may have). Poor people. **shakes head**. :cool: :p ;) :D

Matt from Spam Buddies
7th Jul 2003, 20:52
I checked the AOD forums the other day, actually.

Even the fans didn't seem too happy about it... Some stubborn people still said AOD is the best, but nosirree Bob, they didn't seem happy about the game.

- Matthew

TheElderGodofNosgoth
7th Jul 2003, 22:58
Before I got into the Legacy of Kain series I was in to Tomb Raider. I bought TR:AoD the other day and from what I have played it is not everying I hoped it was to be. The controle are kinda bad and there are some deffinate fram rate lag. Nomally I dont see this to often when some reviewer points out this fact but in this case it is there. As for the contoles, I played all previos TR games on my PC nd I am playing this one on my PS2 (the reson for this is the fact that I need to get some more ram b/c I really dont have enough for the kinds of game I want to play on my PC) that could explain it but it might not. Oh well. Maybe the next one will fix some of the problems that are seen.

OugaBooga
8th Jul 2003, 00:27
TR is a good series,I LOVE it.AS for this game i have not yet opened the wrapping:eek: But i will as soon as i complete TRC.
I think it really depends on how much of an effect the series had on you from the start & if you've been playing it since the 1st 1.
I personally don't care for what reviewers have to say cause WHO THE F**K are they anyways?
Right now i'am playing shadowman AGAIN since i really like the music & sounds in it. [similar style of music to MDK].
Then i think i'll fianlly play BO2 which i've been postponing to play.
I hate that my modded vid card fired [ati 8500],this old geforce 2 sucks in all the newer games :(
Can't wait to get a new ati card,hopefully 1 better then the 9800pro [i think there's gonna be 1 in september]:D

Katen
8th Jul 2003, 02:26
I'm going to get FutureRama for X-Box. Hopefully it will take me long to beat it:D

Apocrypha Roxy
8th Jul 2003, 02:34
Bought it.
Played it.
Hated it.
Selling it when finished (@ Vault of Trophies right now).

Don't even bother renting it. It's terrible. The TR fans have a right to be disgruntled - pissed, even. Framerate sucks, controls suck, 'interact with the characters' sucks, this big fishy/squid thing in the Aquatic Research Center sucks, story sucks, AI sucks, etc etc etc.

God, I didn't think they could make a game this bad.
I was wrong.

I want my friggin' $54.98 back from BestBuy, but mom threw out the reciept. :mad:

So I'll just get some straight cash from the local game shack. Maybe buy a few 'oldies but goodies' if I don't just tuck the $$$ in my pocket. My eyes wander, you know...

Word of Advice: SKIP AoD. Buy Primal. Get in touch with your demon side, baby! RAWR! :p

Valzara
8th Jul 2003, 02:48
Ha, this post is for peoples to recommend some good game to play before Defiance. For me, now is saving money for new sound system, will get it around this Christmas, special for Defiance !!!
I will only ungrade my graphic card after the new series of it released(i.e after Ge-Force FX)...The rate of graphic card release is too frequent...:(

Rook
8th Jul 2003, 07:49
Originally posted by Umah Bloodomen
Well I hope you haven't had a chance to read the reviews on this title over at the AOD forums. (They will kill any temptation you may have). Poor people. **shakes head**. :cool: :p ;) :D
Actually, I have. A scarey sight indeed...http://www.imagemagician.com/images/rook/wayfarer/encolere16.gif http://www.imagemagician.com/images/rook/wayfarer/bigsmileltblu.gif

CyCro
8th Jul 2003, 09:09
Nobody mentioned BloodRayne? I'm playing it now and I love it. ;)

Matt from Spam Buddies
8th Jul 2003, 09:21
Originally posted by OugaBooga
I personally don't care for what reviewers have to say cause WHO THE F**K are they anyways?

I'm sorry OugaBooga, but we must face it, the game reviewers know a bit more and can constructively criticize a game. For example, at the moment You seem to be almost the only on in this thread who likes TR-AOD, meaning those "F**KING", as You said it Yourself, game reviewers are most likely correct.

BloodRayne, ah yes. Another vampire game. :)

I think that Primal and BloodRayne will be on my list till LOK-D comes out.

- Matthew

Rook
8th Jul 2003, 09:24
I never have gotten around to finishing BloodRayne, and I've had it for ages. I just lost interest in it for some reason.

In fact, I think I'm still in Louisiana... http://www.imagemagician.com/images/rook/survali/icon11.gif http://www.imagemagician.com/images/rook/wayfarer/anim-laughltblu.gif

Valzara
8th Jul 2003, 09:47
I have a little bit expactation for Deus EX :Invisible War. The graphic looks cool and it sounds as good as Doom 3.

CyCro
8th Jul 2003, 13:06
Originally posted by Rook
I never have gotten around to finishing BloodRayne, and I've had it for ages. I just lost interest in it for some reason.

In fact, I think I'm still in Louisiana... http://www.imagemagician.com/images/rook/survali/icon11.gif http://www.imagemagician.com/images/rook/wayfarer/anim-laughltblu.gif

Aww you don't know what you're missing, Louisiana is only the beginning. It gets more involving after that! ;)

Valzara
9th Jul 2003, 01:38
CyCro, what's the source of your signature? It looks like CastleVania.

CyCro
9th Jul 2003, 08:57
I took it from a non-copyrighted gifs site, I don't know if it's a real castle, lol!

Apocrypha Roxy
9th Jul 2003, 18:30
Bloodrayne is very good - highly reccomend it. Louisiana is just the beginning. Wait until you get into Argentina. Levels are massive - you'll be interchanging between sections. But it's easier than it sounds to find your targets. Just follow the blue dot. You might have to go up and around to get through to the other side of a wall, but no problem.

I wish they'd put something like her dilated perception in Defiance - everything goes in slow motion, like in the Matrix, but it's cooler.

Story's pretty cool, too. Liked the ending. Man, she's funny... :D Can't wait for the sequel!!

And I still need to find something to keep me busy for the next few months 'til Defiance. Finished AoD. BO-RING. Stupid stupid boss fight. TOO easy. I sold it, this afternoon. A $55 game, and I got $15 for it. The disc was scratched (and I DIDN'T DO IT), plus it was already opened and played, so it doesn't count as 'new'.

The Defiance pot must be filled again, I fear...

CyCro
9th Jul 2003, 23:16
What really amazes me in BloodRayne are the incredibly cool fighting combo's and blade attacks, and they're so cool in the slow motion mode! :D

Rook
10th Jul 2003, 08:03
Originally posted by CyCro:
Aww you don't know what you're missing, Louisiana is only the beginning. It gets more involving after that! ;)
Yeah, I guess I could give it another shot. I'm not playing much else lately anyway--except for Primal, again. For some reason, the game shops around me NEVER seem to stock anything new. Blah...http://www.imagemagician.com/images/rook/wayfarer/sadltblu.gif

I've also been playing Vagrant Story again. (Anyone here ever played it?) I highly recommend it, even if it is a PS1 title, which may be going a bit too retro if you're in the market for something jazzy and up-to-date. It's a fantastic little dungeon-crawler RPG with an intricate storyline and a great battle system. One of the few RPGs I actually like, in fact--and one of the few occasions when buying a game based on nothing more than the cool looking cover art paid off big time! I worship this game...http://www.imagemagician.com/images/rook/wayfarer/bow.gif http://www.imagemagician.com/images/rook/wayfarer/bigsmileltblu.gif

Originally posted by Valzara:
P/s : Rook, I like your signature.
Thanks, Valzara! http://www.imagemagician.com/images/rook/wayfarer/smileltblu.gif

Umah Bloodomen
10th Jul 2003, 08:09
Originally posted by Rook
I've also been playing Vagrant Story again. (Anyone here ever played it?) I highly recommend it, even if it is a PS1 title, which may be going a bit too retro if you're in the market for something jazzy and up-to-date. It's a fantastic little dungeon-crawler RPG with an intricate storyline and a great battle system. One of the few RPGs I actually like, in fact--and one of the few occasions when buying a game based on nothing more than the cool looking cover art paid off big time! I worship this game...


I meant to get around to playing that, but my schedule became hectic and I put it off. Thanks for reminding me to check it out!

Rook
10th Jul 2003, 08:54
Originally posted by Umah Bloodomen
I meant to get around to playing that, but my schedule became hectic and I put it off. Thanks for reminding me to check it out!

I should mention that quite a lot of Vagrant Story involves going from dungeon to dungeon beating the crap out of various monsters, and more than a few reviews have noted that it seems a bit too repetative in that regard. I can understand their criticism, but I honestly don't mind that aspect of the game, myself.

The only thing that really bugs me is that I can't figure out why they gave Ashley such whacked out lookin' hair.

...and assless pants...

Valzara
18th Jul 2003, 02:47
Hey, for those who play Blood Rayne, how did you kill those official in the second stage? I can't even get access to his room! (in the hall with a armor car)

Umah Bloodomen
18th Jul 2003, 02:56
Originally posted by Rook
I should mention that quite a lot of Vagrant Story involves going from dungeon to dungeon beating the crap out of various monsters, and more than a few reviews have noted that it seems a bit too repetative in that regard. I can understand their criticism, but I honestly don't mind that aspect of the game, myself.

The only thing that really bugs me is that I can't figure out why they gave Ashley such whacked out lookin' hair.

...and assless pants...

Well, I will try not to go by the criticism then. ;)

As far as assless pants are concerned... **has sudden vision of the Village People running through her mind**. :D

Interesting attire choice, IMO.

Apocrypha Roxy
18th Jul 2003, 16:59
Originally posted by Valzara
Hey, for those who play Blood Rayne, how did you kill those official in the second stage? I can't even get access to his room! (in the hall with a armor car)

??? What level are you in? Argentina, I presume... who's your target(s)?

Valzara
19th Jul 2003, 07:11
Thanks for try to help me, I just passed that part, now process to another part of the game.

For the level I mentioned, you just need to kick the door to gain entrance to kill the red uniform officer.

:)

Apocrypha Roxy
19th Jul 2003, 16:20
Did you listen at the door with the joke about Big the Bull?

That was cute... lol

When the joke is over, then kick it down. :)

Valzara
20th Jul 2003, 07:36
Oh I miss that part! Hm..it sounds I gotta replay the level! Thanks for the info !:)

the dark one
31st Jul 2005, 10:36
I recently bought second sight I never heard of it but got a nice surprize when i got it for only $11.00. I am still a little confused with the story but It was cool with it's graphics and the powers that you get. I played it on easy so I got to enjoy it without getting upset about not being able to finish it.

I am not sure how much later it came out after Defiance.

Smoke_Z
31st Jul 2005, 14:13
I recently bought second sight I never heard of it but got a nice surprize when i got it for only $11.00. I am still a little confused with the story but It was cool with it's graphics and the powers that you get. I played it on easy so I got to enjoy it without getting upset about not being able to finish it.

I am not sure how much later it came out after Defiance.

Second sight, I can't remember if it came out last July or the year before that.

It was after Defiance, that I'm sure.