PDA

View Full Version : lockup due to patch?

mooboo
7th Jul 2003, 03:04
Has anyone else seen this problem after they used the patch. I installed the patch and the game runs pretty good except when I pickup and Item. The system locks up just as the image of said item starts to come on screen in the upper right had corner of the screen. I am running on a P3 733, 384 Megs Ram, ATI Radeon 9600 pro(128 megs ddr on card). Any ideas on how to fix or what is wrong?

RedLegg
7th Jul 2003, 03:05
Originally posted by mooboo
Has anyone else seen this problem after they used the patch. I installed the patch and the game runs pretty good except when I pickup and Item. The system locks up just as the image of said item starts to come on screen in the upper right had corner of the screen. I am running on a P3 733, 384 Megs Ram, ATI Radeon 9600 pro(128 megs ddr on card). Any ideas on how to fix or what is wrong?

What sound card do you have and was it working befoer the patch?

mooboo
7th Jul 2003, 03:34
Sorry forgot to mention the sound card. I have a SoundBlaster Live! I also have the upto date drivers for my video and sound card. Everything on the system is as upto date as I can get it at this moment.

RedLegg
7th Jul 2003, 03:42
Originally posted by mooboo
Sorry forgot to mention the sound card. I have a SoundBlaster Live! I also have the upto date drivers for my video and sound card. Everything on the system is as upto date as I can get it at this moment.

Can you try turning off the EAX in the game's settings?

mooboo
7th Jul 2003, 04:01
I had previously uninstalled the game and reinstalled it so as to play a bit. Now I just installed the patch and turned EAX off as you suggested and it still locked up when I tried to pick something up. Any other ideas

mooboo
7th Jul 2003, 04:22
I forgot to mention also that I am running on ME and I am on an LCD.

mooboo
7th Jul 2003, 16:54
Anyone seen this problem before or have a resolution.

IndyDallasJones
7th Jul 2003, 19:25
Yes I had the problem, but was after a fmv intro...then locked up. I didn't mess w/it, just un/reinstalled...playing as is, not many bugs for me. Have Soundblaster Live 5.1 card as well. Haven't checked for upgraded drivers, so don't know if are any...but is in since about Nov. or so.

mooboo
9th Jul 2003, 05:03
Indy have you had similar problems with the patch as what I had suggested?

Also has anyone else seen this problem after installing the patch or have any suggestions to fix my problem?