PDA

View Full Version : FFXIV: Compendiums, Guides and Encyclopedias

Grafulrich88
31st May 2013, 10:18
Hi Ladies and Gentlemen,

I was wondering if anyone would have any information in regards to a Strategy Guide and ingame Encyclopedia for FFXIV ARR?

I think both of these would be awesome and would help newbies and vets alike. I would the the ingame Encyclopedia would be really great because the developer could add, modify, and delete information as needed and wouldn't be much of a cost issue. I would like to see pictures of the items, cities, monsters, classes, jobs, and races they are discussing. I know some of this will be on the website, but it would be a nice edition.

In regards to the Strategy Guide I would really like this and also perhaps a large map they I could take and get laminated so it wouldn't get damaged.

Cheers,

Rob

PSN: GrafUlrich88

x3Noctis
31st May 2013, 12:38
I think if they did, they would have included it in the Collector's Edition. Since the game is new and hasn't had any expansions, one won't come out until later on if it does come out at all. It's the kind of game with updates so yeah.

Grafulrich88
31st May 2013, 13:22
Yeah I think they will announce something at either E3 or later this summer. I just think would be cool if they do it.

Cheers,

Rob

venkaramon
31st May 2013, 17:24
I think that what is lodestone is for well the new one. The producers themselves want 2 make it a part of the game itself. Even Linkshell (akin to guilds) recruitments will be done there as in regards to an in game encyc i think that wont happen because from what I remember yoshi-p said that wont be included to decrease the possible UI clutter taking into consideration ps3 users

Grafulrich88
31st May 2013, 21:08
Hey RedTheFirst,

Thanks for your thoughts on this subject. Perhaps fans who are really talented will develop a website and/or quick guide to FFXIV ARR in the future, perhaps 2014.

Cheers,

Rob

venkaramon
31st May 2013, 21:34
Cheers to you too well I'm going to be a new player and I have TRIED to keep up with the info regarding the game and all I can say is FF14 is massive there's so much in the game to learn and adapt too you can either immerse yourself in the fantasy ehem or go the usual guide route which I have no problems with.

I agree a guide would be great we'll see how the new lodestone goes since the game has been rebuilt from scratch from what I have read. There's just so much in the game to even know where to start XD

Grimoire
26th Oct 2013, 13:24
Libra Eorzea App Now Available for iOS! (http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/923ea5140340361f6b9fe189d6107a9108b5cb27)

imaginaerum1979
2nd Nov 2013, 18:23
I installed the l.e app. but i can not login. I removed the app and tried again, and again incorrect password or id.
I tried the mog station and that was no problem. anyone else with the same problem?

Grimoire
7th Nov 2013, 11:20
Final Fantasy XIV: Libra Eorzea (http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/special/libraeorzea/) companion app is available on Google Play for free (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.square_enix.libra_eorzeaE)!

Hippy_Pickle
8th Nov 2013, 13:04
It's a bit of a pain to log in to the app with your SE ID as if you have a software token (which is also an app) it's fiddly to do both. I opened the app and proceeded to log in, it takes ID and password first and then asks for token. On my Samsung android I hit the home key and opened the token app, I then had to write down the token password, then home key again and back into the Libra app quickly to enter the token key. Phewwww! What a rigmaroll! :confused: