PDA

View Full Version : Defiance in the August issue of Official US Playstation Magazine

blincoln
6th Jul 2003, 02:50
Still no playable demo =(, but there is a 1/4 page preview (no new shots), and comments from OPM staff. Two out of three think it looks awesome ("This one is just badass" and "Defiance is definitely headed in the direction it needs to"). The other guy didn't seem to have watched the whole demo.

Overall, there seems to be some very positive press for this game. Hopefully we'll see a playable demo on coverdiscs soon =P.

fneh
6th Jul 2003, 10:53
I hope the UK mag beats you to it!!!!!!!:D :p

Omega
6th Jul 2003, 12:18
Damn you American!

It's not fair!

*stomps*

We've had NOTHING in our mags about Defiance.... NOTHING, YA'HEAR!

*calms down*

Apologies. How much is the mag in dollors Ben? I'll ask a contact I know over there to get it for me see :)

Vampmaster
6th Jul 2003, 12:38
Yes, we have. There was one in PSW and one in some other magazine. I think it had PS2 in the same writing as on the console and it had Lara Croft and a white background on the cover. I can't remember what the magazine was called. I can try and find out later, but neither have had more than a few paragraphs or screenshots.

fneh
6th Jul 2003, 12:40
I'm pretty sure most newsagents will be willing to stock it if you ask them. THe only problem is that they usually expect you to buy it every month if you ask them to get it specially.

I know a newsagents that used to sell an american game mag. It was pretty good. can't remember the name. Might've been PSM actually. It came with lid stickers an stuff all the time. You never get anythign like that over here. Don't even get memory card stickers anymore. I remember when PSX games came with them occasionally and the PSX itself came with a load and a memory card case thing.

Ahhhh yes, how I miss those little luxuries

blincoln
6th Jul 2003, 20:19
Don't feel to badly. PSM stopped including the stickers a few years ago.

Omega: OPM is $9 US (which is like 5 pounds I think), or you can subscribe internationally for $56 (which is what, 30 pounds?). I can pick you up one when it comes out in exchange for the UK version when it comes out if you like. You'd need a chipped PS2 to play it though, because of international lockouts =(.

OugaBooga
6th Jul 2003, 21:15
THX for eminding me bout those stickers,i just looked & can't find em:(
I had the tekken & street fighter mem stickies.
I wonder if moe was in my room;)

Valaquen_
7th Jul 2003, 19:39
Yes, we have. There was one in PSW and one in some other magazine. I think it had PS2 in the same writing as on the console and it had Lara Croft and a white background on the cover. I can't remember what the magazine was called. I can try and find out later, but neither have had more than a few paragraphs or screenshots.
The Defiance bit in PSW only took up 1/4 of the page! Thats my fave mag but they don't seem to be paying attention to Defiance, it got beaten by some new dance game in their top ten most wanted games!
MGS 3 is 1st, which is K coz I really, really want that! Defiance beats it toght of course :D
I think that other PS2 mag was Official PS2.

warpsavant
8th Jul 2003, 04:01
Originally posted by leazy
The Defiance bit in PSW only took up 1/4 of the page! Thats my fave mag but they don't seem to be paying attention to Defiance, it got beaten by some new dance game in their top ten most wanted games!

roflmao

OPM needs to get us a demo.

Omega
8th Jul 2003, 22:13
Originally posted by blincoln
Omega: OPM is $9 US (which is like 5 pounds I think), or you can subscribe internationally for $56 (which is what, 30 pounds?). I can pick you up one when it comes out in exchange for the UK version when it comes out if you like. You'd need a chipped PS2 to play it though, because of international lockouts =(.

Close... it's £34-£35 ;)

I'm not sure. I've recently had a wake-up call to life (which I'm sure it won't last) but I'm being serious with my wages now, so probably not.

Thanks for the info though :)