PDA

View Full Version : Handy Man

Captin Snow
5th Jul 2003, 20:09
This one challange pisses (is that a cuss word?) me off so bad. I have beat all other challanges on Gold and I only need this one but I can't f_cking beat it!! It's the one with all the glove-heads running around. Has anyone beat it? If so, any particular stradegy to doing so?

VeGa
5th Jul 2003, 20:23
run straight to the double tommy guns (in the big room with two stair ways, its the door on the bottom floor facing both stairways)

once you get them camp in the hallway just before it (two glass windows on each side) and kill all of them as they enter the hall way. there is health on your right, and a spawn point on your left

AB-109
6th Jul 2003, 00:22
its better to camp out on top of the health in that room and crouch and aim over the wall so you can shoot thier heads and they wont be able to shoot you!

Ab ^_^

Captin Snow
9th Jul 2003, 04:10
Thanks, it worked. But now I can't beat that Stone Golem!! Usualy challanges I can't beat make me shout obscene words, but unfortunatly these forums don't allow that.

AB-109
9th Jul 2003, 10:36
If your talking about the stage with you as the old man versus the stone golem in the contruction site then it aint as hard as you might think!

As soon as you start head for the homin rocket launcher (I think theres only one in the whole stage) and you can find it on one of the red steel beams on the 2nd floor (restart if you spawn far away)

If the golem aint around by the time you get it then you may aswell get the rocket launcher under one of the stairs and then run into the big open space (infront of the lil office like house) and if he's still not near you then get the body armour in the middle of the pillars.

When he does turn up make sure your locked on and shoot with the secondry fire (3 rockets) after they hit do it again and he'll be dead (he does after 6 direct hits). When he dies you need to go around collecting any body armour (the only one is at the pillars) or health you might need (closest health is in the corner of the building next to the stairs, in the lil house and next to the house on top of a hill of ruble).

When he turns up again you'll have 2 homo rockets left so shoot those and then switch to normal rockets and keep firing those until youve hit him with 6 (dont fire 3 at one like with the homo rockets cos you cant aim with it).

After you kill him the 2nd time a new homo rocket should respawn so go get it and the rockets under the stairs and if you can/need to the body armour and then repeat the process till you win!

There are other body armour, health and normal rockets in the stage but they aren't worth getting cos thier too far away!

Goodluck
Ab ^_^

RenegadeR109
10th Jul 2003, 20:17
nah stone golem u dont do that u use the grenade launcher. colect loads of ammo and use grenade launcher him/ Fall into the pipe and just wais for him in there. He cant dodge the grenades so just kill him

AB-109
11th Jul 2003, 05:05
I dont think you can get a plat doin it that way!

Ab ^_^

RenegadeR109
11th Jul 2003, 19:35
well i have mate. hehe

just dodge watever he uses grenades alot more effective. just dont loose a life or u dont get platinum

Captin Snow
13th Jul 2003, 05:52
Thanks, I'll try it all out later, but for now I just got Red Faction 1 and 2 for my birthday so I'll be busy with that for awhile.

Switchblade 69
15th Jul 2003, 12:58
Originally posted by AB-109
If your talking about the stage with you as the old man versus the stone golem in the contruction site then it aint as hard as you might think!

As soon as you start head for the homin rocket launcher (I think theres only one in the whole stage) and you can find it on one of the red steel beams on the 2nd floor (restart if you spawn far away)

If the golem aint around by the time you get it then you may aswell get the rocket launcher under one of the stairs and then run into the big open space (infront of the lil office like house) and if he's still not near you then get the body armour in the middle of the pillars.

When he does turn up make sure your locked on and shoot with the secondry fire (3 rockets) after they hit do it again and he'll be dead (he does after 6 direct hits). When he dies you need to go around collecting any body armour (the only one is at the pillars) or health you might need (closest health is in the corner of the building next to the stairs, in the lil house and next to the house on top of a hill of ruble).

When he turns up again you'll have 2 homo rockets left so shoot those and then switch to normal rockets and keep firing those until youve hit him with 6 (dont fire 3 at one like with the homo rockets cos you cant aim with it).

After you kill him the 2nd time a new homo rocket should respawn so go get it and the rockets under the stairs and if you can/need to the body armour and then repeat the process till you win!

There are other body armour, health and normal rockets in the stage but they aren't worth getting cos thier too far away!

Goodluck
Ab ^_^

this is a good tactic, and makes gettin a plat so much easier