PDA

View Full Version : Silly Things Rio Has Done

Riovanes
5th Jul 2003, 13:40
I assure you, there are many.

Today's just happens to be a tattoo.

Specifically, the word "Veritas," which is Latin for truth, on my left shoulder.

Very small, it is - turned out smaller than I thought it would - actually looks sort of - well - pathetic.

Now I believe I understand why people say it's best to just avoid them altogether.

God dammit.

BAH!!!

Omega
5th Jul 2003, 13:44
*pats his Kain clan symbol on his wrist*

You just need to find the right one... or two ;)

I have plans to get Raziel's symbol on my left wrist... Kain's looks pretty damned cool right now... but I do have to go back and get it touched up a bit, where the ink didn't take to the skin very well :(

Matt from Spam Buddies
5th Jul 2003, 14:57
Just a few days ago or so there was this big article in the local newspapers that a female model's tattoo began to fester...

The article had... pictures... Oomph...

... I think I'm gonna be sick ... :eek:

I know the quality of a tattoo mostly depends on the quality of the tools and the artist, but well... that article still scared me.

- Matthew

Umah Bloodomen
5th Jul 2003, 16:10
You know I spent about five years considering getting a tattoo before I finally did. (I've had mine since 2001).
It's a decision you must be absolutely comfortable with prior to making. Impulse tattooing is dumb, IMO, especially if you're not fully ready for it. I'm content with my design choice. (And will be adding another to my canvas here next month).

You're lucky that today they can be removed and grafted back to normalcy. (Although it often is more expensive than having it done in the first place - and a lot more painful).

As for the *festering* tattoo article, it was most likely caused by an allergic reaction to the ink. I've had a friend who had a similar thing happen to him and he had to have his design reworked about 7 times in order to get it right and fix what had been damaged due to the swelling, festering, itching and peeling.

Matt from Spam Buddies
5th Jul 2003, 17:30
Gaaah! I can still see those pictures every time I close my eyes!

Make it stop, oh make it stoo-hoop!

- Matthew

Riovanes
5th Jul 2003, 19:05
Eh - it's not as if I dislike the tattoo itself. It just didn't quite happen as I envisioned it.

It's alright though, because I was doing it as something just for me, a reminder to myself about something I believe very strongly:

That no matter how complex a situation is, the truth of it is in there somewhere - it's just a matter of finding it.

Thankfully, a tiny-ass tattoo fits into that aesthetic rather nicely - I am still the BS King!:D

P.S.: Umah, it wasn't at all impulse - I've been planning it for over a year now. The problem happened when my design department sort of disappeared before my appointment, and being as in this area I had to drop a deposit before I could even make the appointment, I had to design my own. An art major, I am not - for obvious reasons. It still turned out alright - it's just got my character to it now, instead of someone else's.

BAH!!!

Apocrypha Roxy
5th Jul 2003, 19:40
I really want a tattoo...

(cannot wait until Aug. 31 to run off and get one without a parental note - my mom/dad would KILL me!)

Matt from Spam Buddies
5th Jul 2003, 20:08
The pictures! The pictures!

Still... twirling around in my head... I can't sleep!

They're telling me to kill! Get out of my teeeeth!

- Matthew

blincoln
5th Jul 2003, 20:18
She might not have taken care of it correctly either. You have to remember that a tattoo is similar to scraping your knee if you fall off a skateboard or whatever - it opens up the lower layers of your skin to infection. If you just leave it as-is, it can get all gruesome, which can ruin the design.

It could also have been done by an artist without properly-cleaned equipment, or an allergic reaction as Umah suggested.

Apocrypha Roxy
5th Jul 2003, 20:49
Must have Vasoline or antibiotic slathered all over it for a week or so, or else you get germies in there.

Sounds very unpleasant...

Omega
5th Jul 2003, 21:25
Don't put vasoline on it - it fades the colour.

Just use a good anti-septic cream, such as Savlon :)

Riovanes
5th Jul 2003, 21:58
Just pulled the bandage and cleaned it up.

Small, yes, but it looks pretty good, actually.

BAH!!!

blincoln
5th Jul 2003, 22:24
Rad! Are you going to find a partner to go take down criminals with? =)

Omega
5th Jul 2003, 23:23
Ha! Can picture it now... one shoulder saying 'truth' the other saying 'justice'!

Apocrypha Roxy
6th Jul 2003, 00:19
Veritas...

Justitia...

Cool...

Umah Bloodomen
6th Jul 2003, 03:28
I scoped out numerous tattooing establishments before I got mine. They had just implemented new regulations in the industry when I finally settled on one. I will most likely go back to where I got my first one, as the people are really cool, their talent is exceptional and their establishment is very clean. Unfortunately the artist who did mine isn't there any longer, but that's alright. Another place I had checked into was Eternal Tattoos in Livonia. (A nationally recognized establishment). Jay Wheeler is an excellent artist.

I ended up getting Tattoo Goo (http://www.tattoogoo.com/) for my tat. That worked really well and my tat healed pretty quickly after using it.

OugaBooga
6th Jul 2003, 06:37
COOL,wish they had that tatoo goo like 13yrs ago.all my tat's look faded:(,but then they're all mainly black.

Riovanes
6th Jul 2003, 10:38
Originally posted by blincoln
Rad! Are you going to find a partner to go take down criminals with? =)

*laughs*

I'm actually working on getting my best friend, who's an Irish Catholic, to get "Aequitas" done - but I don't think it's gonna happen.

It's alright though - my contingency plan is to have that done on my right shoulder, so that way if he doesn't go along with it, I can go out and do it on my own - and then just expose a different shoulder each time I deliver a line.;)

All in all, the more I think about it, the more I really, really like the way this one turned out. I've always tried to be understated in general appearance (mostly because every time I do something out of the ordinary I wind up looking like a fool), so this fits nicely.

BAH!!!