PDA

View Full Version : FFVII 2012 PC release issues

alexcampbellart
16th Aug 2012, 15:36
Need help? Contact customer support (https://support.na.square-enix.com/contact.php?id=1379&la=2).

1. Try to find your original purchase email - the download link to FFVII should still work.

2. If you can't find the email in question, then customer support should be able to give you access to the Steam version. Since you pursued the game before it was on Steam it's not activated on your Steam account but the support team should still be able to help you add it to your Steam library.
----------------------------------------

Finally get the game to download, get it patched after what seems like years of trouble and going through a tons of back routes. I get to this "Almost Done!" screen to enter my information (b-day, country, nickname) and I have these two check boxes that I am required to "tick"...the please tick here boxes...I click here a million thousand hundred infinity times, the box will never ****ing check. Is anyone else having this issue? I've tried tabbing to the boxes and it selects them, but no way to tick them at all....

Quadocky
16th Aug 2012, 18:13
EDIT: wait are you trying to download the game or you already downloaded it?

I don't remember such a thing when starting up the game.

Are you logging in through your NA Square-Enix Account? The one you use to log into this website?

Cloud444
16th Aug 2012, 19:58
If I can how and is there a limit to how many downloads you have?

Robfan-249412
16th Aug 2012, 20:09
Finally get the game to download, get it patched after what seems like years of trouble and going through a tons of back routes. I get to this "Almost Done!" screen to enter my information (b-day, country, nickname) and I have these two check boxes that I am required to "tick"...the please tick here boxes...I click here a million thousand hundred infinity times, the box will never ****ing check. Is anyone else having this issue? I've tried tabbing to the boxes and it selects them, but no way to tick them at all....

I am having this exact problem as well. What the **** is Square doing? I'll never buy anything off of here again.

MoonUNit
16th Aug 2012, 20:13
You can download it again but it is limited to 5 downloaded.

It would be easier to just copy the 2 bin files and exe to the other PC and install it that way.

Cloud444
16th Aug 2012, 20:18
Thanks Bro!

alexcampbellart
16th Aug 2012, 20:23
EDIT: wait are you trying to download the game or you already downloaded it?

I don't remember such a thing when starting up the game.

Are you logging in through your NA Square-Enix Account? The one you use to log into this website?

I already downloaded it, yes I've tried logging in with every account...including facebook...

alexcampbellart
16th Aug 2012, 21:08

I am having this exact problem as well. What the **** is Square doing? I'll never buy anything off of here again.

Yeah this system has been nothing but terrible.

alexcampbellart
17th Aug 2012, 22:36
Bump. still not working...

onichikun
17th Aug 2012, 22:40
Screenshot what is giving you problems?

Kwh71787
17th Aug 2012, 22:54
How the hell did you get it to download? Wheres the link???

alexcampbellart
18th Aug 2012, 11:08

Heres a small video of it, ignore the LoL sounds and tabbing...

www.twitch.tv/nonprayingmantis/b/3290705... (http://www.twitch.tv/nonprayingmantis/b/329070565)

alexcampbellart
18th Aug 2012, 11:11
And it does this no matter which account I log in with.

member_10609615
18th Aug 2012, 22:42
Wouldn't you think they would update the graphic's quite a bit instead of retaining the old blocky characters? Atleast they could of made it easier to mod or something! Your pretty much better off using the older ff7 game because you can mod that to make it look 10 times better than this new release is! I play this now, i see the backgrounds are all ugly and pixelated. They could of done it alot better for a classic game! I really don't see the sense in this re-release at all though if they can't even take time to improve on it.

MisterMane
19th Aug 2012, 06:59
And it does this no matter which account I log in with.

Did you try to hit "tab" to see if it will tab over to the check box? I'd try that. Might be a gui issue.

onichikun
19th Aug 2012, 15:44

Heres a small video of it, ignore the LoL sounds and tabbing...

www.twitch.tv/nonprayingmantis/b/3290705... (http://www.twitch.tv/nonprayingmantis/b/329070565)

Hmm tried it myself and the boxes are working for me.

One thing you can try doing, if you have any programming experience, is to get the resource name for the checkboxes on the window, and use a simple scripting language that allows you to send windows messages to the FF7 game to have the boxes check themselves.

A bit of a hack, but if it gets you playing...

member_10525333
19th Aug 2012, 16:35
I am actually quite pleased with it. After all the problems with buying, downloading, installing and logging into the game, playing it is awesome! The graphics are good for me. I guess they could have been better but how much can they really improve graphics for FFVII? and plus.... ACHIEEVVVSS ZOMG

Sen_Auditore
19th Aug 2012, 16:54
Wouldn't you think they would update the graphic's quite a bit instead of retaining the old blocky characters? Atleast they could of made it easier to mod or something! Your pretty much better off using the older ff7 game because you can mod that to make it look 10 times better than this new release is! I play this now, i see the backgrounds are all ugly and pixelated. They could of done it alot better for a classic game! I really don't see the sense in this re-release at all though if they can't even take time to improve on it.

Its so we can play an old piece of history and in sence, a differant FFVII. Since most never had a chance to experiance the PC version, well now everyone does, just as they remembered, they are also testing Achievments with the game which are a bit to easy and realize that the booster is just rubbish. Honestly I think its part service to the VII fans and a test.

Troika
19th Aug 2012, 21:27
Seriously, I paid for a long download, obnoxious DRM, and a terrible port using the original graphics with virtually no enhancements? I think I'll stick with my original copy and just install the fan patches that make it not look terrible. This is definitely a sub-par product by any means.

Square had a good chance here to update all the graphics and such to Crisis Core standards, add voiced dialogue and so forth, but instead we just get a straight PSX port. Disgusting.

member_10743190
19th Aug 2012, 22:49
There has not been a final no on a true re-make, so quit whining. For all we know - and this is pure wild speculation - this could be testing grounds to see exactly how many people really are FFVII fans and who is genuinely interested. As far as the re-release is concerned you should have anticipated as much yet you went through with the purchase anyway. Get over it, guy.

member_10494588
19th Aug 2012, 22:53
Even Crisis Core cost more than $10 -- what did you expect? Because they didn't lie about what you'd be getting. I knew exactly what I was buying. If they do update all of that, expect to pay closer to standard prices for a full retail game instead of a budget cost.

What's great about this re-release is the models are updated and it runs with no fuss. Whats bad is the backgrounds are untouched, and the music they opted for is inferior in quality to the original PS compilation. The DRM is as always, hit or miss. Works without a flaw for some, and nothing but problems for others. The cloud saving is brilliant if it's working for you, as you can play on a seperate machien and your save is there to show your buddies on your laptop vs the desktop and trying to bring the save with you.

I would have really liked to have seen the backgrounds at the very least blurred so that the pixelized look disappeared. I'd really love to see a complete rehaul of the backgrounds, from the ground up, in a style that fits the 3D models better but retaining the same appearance otherwise.

A Crisis Core style game is a new engine entirely, new everything. And that's a touchy thing to attempt with such a beloved game.

CCTzer
19th Aug 2012, 23:19
really? How do you not know what you are buying?

PhazonDrg
19th Aug 2012, 23:33
That is what is wrong with gamers today. They think "Companies" lie to them when they buy a remake of a game. It never said, "This $10 comes with completely revamped graphics, voiceover etc." I knew what I was buying. I bought it though, because Final Fantasy 7 is by FAr one of my favorite Final Fantasies!

On a side note; I kind of hope they remake others! Lol

member_10028496
20th Aug 2012, 02:11
This was just the digital download of the orginal FF7. When FF7 was first released it was for the PS1 and they also released at PC version for the retail stores as well. this was just the digital download of that pc retail version. i would rather pay the $10 instead of what the actual pc version is going for on ebay.

Biggie862005
20th Aug 2012, 21:37
Why are so many people complaining about the game?? All I see are the graphics suck, the music sucks etc. Did you honestly think it was going to be a complete re-make for 10 bucks?? Get a grasp on reality. Music and sounds work fine for me, and the graphics are exactly what I expected them to be. I have had no issues with the game itself, however I did have some issues when trying to purchase. Absolutely 100% worth the 10 bucks in my opinion.

Tylorick
20th Aug 2012, 22:01
They aren't going to remake FFVII until they "Make a Final Fantasy title that surpasses VII."

So... yeah. It will be a while. :P

tigeraid
20th Aug 2012, 22:34
Well I certainly don't have a problem with the game so far. It's nice to step back in time, and it's only $9 FFS...

But I would like to know why the connection to the internet is necessary, and why it's so flakey? I can't save my damn game half the time, because it can't connect to the server! Why does it have to save online!?

tigeraid
20th Aug 2012, 22:36
Also, my internet is working fine and the game was connecting (although it wouldn't save half the time) only a couple of hours ago...

Quadocky
20th Aug 2012, 22:39
Hey, take solace in the fact that THIS is an improved version.

PROOF: cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/93700082132... (http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/937000821324937254/8526DE2921DE74298A84DFF8B3E22A53B287C9F8/)

Take that overreactive gamers!!!

Timmei
20th Aug 2012, 22:42

PROOF: cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/93700082132... (http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/937000821324937254/8526DE2921DE74298A84DFF8B3E22A53B287C9F8/)

I laughed so hard when I first saw the original line! It's great that they fixed a few things here and there! xD

Quadocky
20th Aug 2012, 22:51

I laughed so hard when I first saw the original line! It's great that they fixed a few things here and there! xD

Also, the game looks dang awesome in the 1080p resolution without linear filtering.

Timmei
20th Aug 2012, 23:01

Also, the game looks dang awesome in the 1080p resolution without linear filtering.

I know! O.O I'm so glad I spent my money on this game again! Haven't had the least bit of trouble either. Maybe I'm just lucky, I don't know. :D

bobdole010
20th Aug 2012, 23:06
atleast you guys could log in... im requesting a return, the email address and the password i provided when i bought the game dont work...

JrChrist-291634
20th Aug 2012, 23:19
atleast you guys could log in... im requesting a return, the email address and the password i provided when i bought the game dont work...

Have you tried using your "Jessie" account credentials? The cloud save servers seem to be down, so that might also prevent you from logging in.

BrandonVM
20th Aug 2012, 23:26

If you registered a North American account, you have to click Square Enix NA to the left of the login fields when you start the game. It defaults to the European account system.

member_10239333

Same here, but I managed to log in using the facebook button... still it only lasted a day and now my cloud save files are on the sky and wont come back to my PC so I can continue playing.

Log in with square enix account: mail doesnt exist, wrong password everytime even tho im here logged on the webpage.

What are we supposed to do? ask for refunds? Square doesnt seem to care.

bobdole010
i got in by making a new account (not on the NA servers) but now i cant save at a save crystal... but i guess thats the "cloud saves" server

ba50times
1st Sep 2012, 11:01
First and foremost:
Thanks for re-releasing FFVII on PC.

Now the bad stuff:
DRM is bloated and inefficient. If your servers are having trouble then my game starts having trouble. I don't like that. It means waiting minutes just to save or load. My laptop and desktop will be out of synch as well.

What Squnix should have done:Release for steam. That's a no brainer.

Achievements:
Materia overlord is the worst achievement. How was I supposed to know that I needed to have all of them in my inventory??? Don't forget, players are limited on the amount of materia they can have at any one time. Too many and the player will permanently lose the last materia that birthed or the last materia in the list. Pretty terrible. Considering the Master materia, I really think this one should've been properly thought out.

Gil achievement: 99 milion, really, seriously, whatever.

I'll stick to the psx version or the ultima PC version next time. The achievments are crap and only count on this forum that I don't intend on coming back to.

griffyy2k12
1st Sep 2012, 11:06
i paid fpr the game and the download didnt even start, what comes up as confirmation when you bough the game?

ba50times
1st Sep 2012, 11:10
i paid fpr the game and the download didnt even start, what comes up as confirmation when you bough the game?

I don't really remember. My download went fine. Installing and putting in the keys was the hard part. I had to think back to the horrible DRM of the early 2000 to remember how to use this antiquated DRM.

member_10354291
1st Sep 2012, 13:54
Yep and just like in 2000 it still doesn't work sometimes even if I do it right.

gummster77-343993
1st Sep 2012, 19:18
any1 els havein troble loadin the game when i try to load it gose to 10% then says no connection error you need a workin internet connection to play FF7 but im on the internet yet another fail by square and we have to pay for this a game thats not workin right

member_10525333
6th Sep 2012, 07:46
I agree achievs are lackluster. They could have had more interesting ones. Hopefully they will add more if thats possible.

member_10239333
8th Sep 2012, 00:54
I keep hoping for a Steam release mail with a key for everyone that bought it here. Steam would solve all those problems and boost sales a lot.

WisemanWong
9th Sep 2012, 11:37
First and foremost:

Gil achievement: 99 milion, really, seriously, whatever.

Well...you could just keep maxing out and selling the "All" materia...LOL. /tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif

Seriously though, as I was saying on another thread, it is very disappointing to keep hearing about all these technical issues, which like I also said on that thread, should not have been issues since the sale of digital media of any type first became mainstream. Hearing about the lackluster achievement part is somewhat disappointing as well; but all the technical issues part is just horrible. As most people have noted, they should have made this available through Steam, in which case I doubt any of these issues would exist or they would at least would have been fixed before now. However, I'm sure they figured that everything would work out just fine on the technical side and by only making it available on their website, they would guarantee a ridiculously huge % of sales would drop straight to operating income. I wonder how much the customer service hours being allocated to all these technical issues is cutting into that margin now. /tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-surprised.gif Hmph, probably not a whole lot since I keep hearing about tickets not getting addressed for days and even over a week in some cases. /tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-undecided.gif

Matthewicus-436342
6th Oct 2012, 16:34
I am done with this. This cloud save system , and the log in issues has killed all the fun of this game for me. Please refund my money , as I have deleted this from my system with no intentions of ever playing another Square Enix game ever again.

Grimoire
6th Oct 2012, 16:39
Read the [General Forum Guidelines] before posting.
na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139233... (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139233/29068965/General_Forum_Guidelines)

Discussions about [FINAL FANTASY VII] belong in the [FINAL FANTASY VII] forum.
na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139235/... (http://na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139235/233973/final_fantasy_vii)

Move to - [FINAL FANTASY VII]

Matthewicus-436342
6th Oct 2012, 16:52
I deleted it from my hard drive. This cloud save system and login issues is far from annoying. I could not log in to play the game....the few times I could , the save system refused to work, and I lost 4 hours of progress. Changed password, as the log in launcher would not recognize my password or user name. Got angry, deleted the whole thing. They can keep my 12 $ if it'll help them in the future to understand that people who buy a single player game are expecting to be able to play it.

Matthewicus-436342
6th Oct 2012, 17:31
post something in the wrong forum, get a reply. post about a game issue....nothing. Something is wrong here.

imccread07
7th Oct 2012, 16:55
Please Apologize Squaresoft for releasing a broken game. You have thoroughly let everyone who ever played this game down. You did exactly what you said you were not going to do by releasing an inferior version to the original. How hard would it be to QA this game? People would love to QA it and make it better. They would of done it for free to make sure a perfect version of Final Fantasy VII was available to everyone online.

After repeated crashing, saving errors, unsynced buttons, incorrect sound, and I am guessing many more errors to come as I continue to play...I had to get out my old PS1 and fire it up to play the real game. You insulted one of the greatest game fan bases of all time and for that you should be sorry.

tigeraid
8th Oct 2012, 23:24
So not only have I not received a response here on the forum to my problem, but I submitted a trouble ticket for it through Square's tech support. The response I received, after having already bought, paid for, downloaded and PLAYED the game for over a month, was that this NEW GAME RELEASED ONLY A FEW MONTHS AGO IS INCOMPATIBLE WITH WINDOWS 7 AND WINDOWS XP!? THEN WHY DID YOU RELEASE IT!?

So here I am, over halfway through the game, and completely unable to play it. And they're ignoring my repeated requests for help via email and tech support. Way to go Square.

tigeraid
8th Oct 2012, 23:25
So not only have I not received a response here on the forum to my problem, but I submitted a trouble ticket for it through Square's tech support. The response I received, after having already bought, paid for, downloaded and PLAYED the game for over a month, was that this NEW GAME RELEASED ONLY A FEW MONTHS AGO IS INCOMPATIBLE WITH WINDOWS 7 AND WINDOWS XP!? THEN WHY DID YOU RELEASE IT!?

So here I am, over halfway through the game, and completely unable to play it. And they're ignoring my repeated requests for help via email and tech support. Way to go Square.

ckobbe
15th Oct 2012, 00:53
I feel Square Enix owes an apology as well. This game is one of Square Enix's proud gems that gives them their established reputation.

This game to many fans worldwide, has broke the boundaries of 'just being a game.'
-Final Fantasy VII movies & fan films were made.
-Some of the most popular cosplay still seen at gaming events worldwide!
-Over 10 MILLION copies sold worldwide (wikipedia, 2010)
-Remakes & Fan Remakes + Mods + Patches
-Voted by several thousands as "best game ever made."

When Square Enix announced the remakes of Final Fantasy VII & Final Fantasy X, we were all contempt but not satisfied. Square Enix told us this PC remake for VII would be superior. Though if you look at the technical support forum...100's of customers are now complaining the inability to even play their purchased game.

I don't own a Ps3 nor even a Ps2, only the original Sony Playstation. The release of a remastered Final Fantasy VII not only would have had me purchase both the copy & console, but thousands of others. They hurt a huge fanbase with this release & have the money to make things right.

If any Square Enix staff reads these. If you wont spend the money for the millions begging a VII remaster. Atleast do what's right & apologize for this abomination. I am currently demanding my cash back due to the 10% CONNECTION ERROR issue.

-Conner

alanman178
15th Oct 2012, 20:22
All of this stuff with Square-Enix has left a bad taste in my mouth, and a sour feeling in the pit of my stomach. Up until this year, I had never posted anything showing disappointment about any game on any forum ever. I've always tried to stay positive. I've been defending Square for over 20 years. After the release of 13-2, I got to thinking... These games just don't have that "magic" anymore. Things that were a part of the series for so many years have either disappeared or been horribly altered. And now, with all of these issues happening with FF7 on the PC.... It's very unsettling. I'm not trying to "hate" on Square-Enix here. I just kind of feel let down. It isn't like I WANT to feel this way.

Timmei
15th Oct 2012, 21:02

I have an honest question here. I bought the re-release of FF VII for my PC only a few days after it was released, and amazingly enough, the game worked perfectly fine. I don't see how the game can be "incompatiable" for Win 7 if I can still run it and play it on my computer. Now, I can't defend SE that much, because the save syncing is truly annoying. But still, I just started the game up, with no bugs or anything, and pulled up my save file which I haven't touched in well over a moth now. If this game is truly not compatable with Win 7, then I want to immediately ask for a refund, though I will have a hard time doing that knowing my game works fine.

tigeraid
21st Oct 2012, 10:23
So here I am, over halfway through the game, and completely unable to play it, and Square tech support basically said "you're SOL" and started ignoring my emails.

Square support doesn't speak particularly good English, and what I'd like to know is, if I was NOT previously connected to the Cloud, and played a bunch and saved the game, and then I *DID* connect to the Cloud, does the blank, freshly-started Save Game in the Cloud OVERWRITE my saved game locally? And if so, why would you employ such a STUPID system, wasting hours of gamers' time and effort?

If my save games ARE still intact locally, what the heck do I do to access them!?

And now they're simply ignoring my emails. Great customer service Square. How do I ask for my money back?

member_10303528
31st Oct 2012, 11:31
SImply update the Launcher, to have a feature to turn syncing off. PLease Square-Enix, I can use a flash drive to load my save files between computers, I dont need your help. and i shouldnt have to wait for your servers...
this is NOT an improvement

jamiefussellrocksthebest
1st Nov 2012, 01:58
Please Apologize Squaresoft for releasing a broken game. You have thoroughly let everyone who ever played this game down. You did exactly what you said you were not going to do by releasing an inferior version to the original. How hard would it be to QA this game? People would love to QA it and make it better. They would of done it for free to make sure a perfect version of Final Fantasy VII was available to everyone online.

After repeated crashing, saving errors, unsynced buttons, incorrect sound, and I am guessing many more errors to come as I continue to play...I had to get out my old PS1 and fire it up to play the real game. You insulted one of the greatest game fan bases of all time and for that you should be sorry.

I get loked up at the first where the sward show up and freezes

please lord help me ANYONE!!!

thanx!!jamie

jamiefussellrocksthebest
2nd Nov 2012, 03:49
so are we just screwed or will they fix it...????hope they fix it. want the game more then the $$$lolol

RockmanX81-489873
2nd Nov 2012, 04:33
come on SE, cant run the game at all, how long does it take to fix it?!

D0CT0R
2nd Nov 2012, 14:37

I have never had the game crash on me but the cloud save system is CLEARLY garbage!! I found a way to fix that though, just block FFVII from accessing the internet and the launcher and game will say something like "Synchronization with the server failed, using local storage for save games." and then it will put all your saves in your C:\Users\*You user account*\Documents\Square Enix\FINAL FANTASY VII\user_xxxxxx\ and you can even use Black Chocobo on them if you click "Continue" at the main screen and then ALT+TAB out of the game at the screen where you select a save slot. Once you modify and load the save it will delete the entire save slot so I would suggest keeping a save slot with only 1 save in it that you mod... After modding it the game will load with the new changes and all you have to do is save it again to rebuild a new slotXX.ff7 file for that save slot.

toniveh
6th Feb 2013, 16:34
I ran into several problems during the first half hour of gameplay that make me kind of sad I spent money on this game.

First of all the game refused to save my game to the cloud once. I repeatedly tried to go into the savepoint but the game wouldn't load my cloud saves. This couldn't have been a problem on my connection, because I was connected to the internet during all times I spent playing. This is absolutely inexcusable and game breaking in my opinion.
Secondly the control optimization for the Xbox 360 controller is very poor, because I can't map the digital pad, and I'm forced to use the analog stick for a game that wasn't even designed around analog controls. I consider Xbox 360 controller to be the standard for PC games that use controllers.

So please Square-Enix fix this game because I'd want to play it, and all others please don't pay for a game that is clearly a very lazy and poor quality release, and a cash-in.

pjgodefroy
6th Feb 2013, 21:30
agreed; i just lost three hours of play time because the FF7 wouldn't sync up and i died. this has been a reaccurring issue ever since I bought the game. VERY frustrating. I doubt I'll play this game again and will likely not buy another game from square enix. total fail

Firestarter
7th Feb 2013, 17:19
So please Square-Enix fix this game because I'd want to play it, and all others please don't pay for a game that is clearly a very lazy and poor quality release, and a cash-in.

Sounds just like square enix and every game they try to push onto us… nowadays I use anything with a square enix logo as toilet paper.

Thanks for the heads up.

AngeloBRS
8th Feb 2013, 06:59
Also it doesn't even install in Windows 8.

destruction7
10th Feb 2013, 16:45
I don´t buyed because is still the same cloud 2 d i wanted see in the game totally everywhere.everything. Tifa eyes,Aeris front and Rear,Also Everybody body they also could put some extras features like Cetra civilization time when Jenova fall cutscenes, Jenova infections cutscenes more enemies they cut before.

frekky123@gmail.com
18th Feb 2013, 04:20
i dont understand the save problem I have succesfully saved OFFline so that doesnt happen

Patrick

agreed; i just lost three hours of play time because the FF7 wouldn't sync up and i died. this has been a reaccurring issue ever since I bought the game. VERY frustrating. I doubt I'll play this game again and will likely not buy another game from square enix. total fail

so you go three hours without saving and die we've all done this we've all been angry but I dont think its enough do denounce the game and not buy anything from a publisher, not to mention that this is a old game that of course is going to have problems adapting to modern software

and the controls i dont understand why you dont use the PC controls i adjusted them to my likeing so thats not a problem

Mathies

Sounds just like square enix and every game they try to push onto us… nowadays I use anything with a square enix logo as toilet paper.

Thanks for the heads up.

I'm sorry that Square Enix, who im sure are not at all into thier XIII versus and other projects, has forced you to come to this site and buy a game that had little to no advertisement with thier amazing abbilities and robbed you off the $12 that mustve been so important to you so that you can then treat them like a TP company and wipe with thier products(still getting your money) so if you dont like them get of the site instead of plauging the community with your immature insults and hatefull remarks

twotommyo
18th Feb 2013, 16:06
Hey everyone,

I am about to purchase FFVII for my laptop, as I am awaiting the shipment of a gaming desktop. Once the desktop arrives, will I be able to transfer this game from my laptop to desktop? I am new to the PC gaming world and don't want to spend the money if I cannot do this. Thanks!

AveHax
26th Feb 2013, 02:21
Well Kalvin im sorry he is right the cd ps1 quality had glitches in it still seeing them in here and save issues all over the place

were not nearly an issue till i got this release and sadly a 1997 game is still out performing a new rerelease that is unexceptable

there just burning there name for no reason and if toomb raider is this bad im done with cloud and digital downloads easier to deal with my bank than square lol

Tastytoast225
8th Mar 2013, 16:37
There was a release for Final Fantasy 7 before, I had a copy and sold it. It worked fine on my Windows XP pc. More importantly I COULD SAVE. Kalvin don't excuse a company for basically screwing over their customers with pathetic workmanship. This is ****ing awful and they need to patch it as soon as possible.

Tastytoast225
8th Mar 2013, 16:38
Hey everyone,

I am about to purchase FFVII for my laptop, as I am awaiting the shipment of a gaming desktop. Once the desktop arrives, will I be able to transfer this game from my laptop to desktop? I am new to the PC gaming world and don't want to spend the money if I cannot do this. Thanks!

Yeh man. I just moved all the downloaded files onto a memory stick and installed it on my laptop. Pity the save problems are still there though.

member_10239333
22nd Mar 2013, 19:33
While its not totally confirmed yet it looks like FFVII and FFVIII are coming to steam. Are FFVII PC re-release buyers getting a Steam key?

moooka
23rd Mar 2013, 04:47
I doubt it.

member_10239333
23rd Mar 2013, 15:21
They should since they are still selling it on this store and the cloud system is unreliable and your download expires in 30 days. A Steam key to all buyers would fix all their support problems with the buyers.

Ive lost a lot of game progress thanks to "Cloud" :C

destruction7
3rd Apr 2013, 12:08
More all these problems was let unsolved by purpose, Well they killed FF7 Officially!

member_10634684
12th Apr 2013, 11:39
I doubt it.

Me too, sadly.

Though I think it would be a good move to make disappointed Final Fantasy VII buyers happy.

I would buy a second copy of this game on Steam. Just to support good Japanese RPGs on the PC and Steam. But I feel like it is the right thing to do to not only release this game on Steam, but to give buyers Steam keys. Lots of other companies do this. When I bought this game today, I had no idea it was going to be frustrating. I'm a little sad. I was hoping that the Steam Store would at least be as good of a service as Steamworks. But it isn't.

I would much rather play the game on Steam, to be honest. I hope that I'll be able to do that. Even if I have to buy another copy.

member_10634684
12th Apr 2013, 12:05
The game looks pretty good. The 3D stuff looks pretty nice althought the 2D stuff looks kind of pixelated.

I'm frustrated by the fact that I won't be able to download the game again in 30 days. If they're going to give you cloud saves, they should let you download the game whenever you need to. Steam lets you download games whenever you need to.

I'm in the mako reactor right now on the "first mission", and I can't save my game right now. It's really frustrating. I wish I could just save.

I'm a little sad with this purchase. I really wanted some more Japanese RPGs on my PC. I hope that they fix the game saving issues and put the game on Steam so I can just log in there. I have an easier time dealing with games on Steam than I've had with this.

It's sad. I don't want to dislike this port. And I want to be happy with what Square Enix has done. And I really want more Japanese RPGs on my PC. But it can be frustrating.

natedmonds
29th May 2013, 05:51
I took the title of this from another members post that I was just reading. Three hours ago I found out that I can buy FF VII for the pc! Boy was I excited. An hour later I'd purchased it and maybe two after that it was finished downloading and installed. Only to find out that not only does it appear to require an internet connection to function (which is not mentioned anywhere on the purchase page), it does not even actually function. After checking the forums here, which im sure some of your unfortunate customers might not think to do, I found out that it has not been working for some time yet there is no mention of this on the purchasing page. I'm going to stop right here.

It doesn't get any more complicated than that.

Selling a product that does not work is an unacceptable business practice. If it will work sometime in the future, that's great but you should not be allowing people to continue to spend their money on it while it does not.

psyzzle
29th May 2013, 09:40
I agree 1,000,000%! I was very upset that you gave me the hope of playing, just to be swept up in the disappointment every time i see the icon on my desktop.

BiggieJohn
29th May 2013, 13:17
I took the title of this from another members post that I was just reading. Three hours ago I found out that I can buy FF VII for the pc! Boy was I excited. An hour later I'd purchased it and maybe two after that it was finished downloading and installed. Only to find out that not only does it appear to require an internet connection to function (which is not mentioned anywhere on the purchase page), it does not even actually function. After checking the forums here, which im sure some of your unfortunate customers might not think to do, I found out that it has not been working for some time yet there is no mention of this on the purchasing page. I'm going to stop right here.

It doesn't get any more complicated than that.

Selling a product that does not work is an unacceptable business practice. If it will work sometime in the future, that's great but you should not be allowing people to continue to spend their money on it while it does not.

You think thats bad, I have this game backed up on a thumb drive and I can't play. Even if you have played before a full clean reinstallation still requires all of the same setup steps. I am in the same boat with new buyers.

ahawkins1982
29th May 2013, 15:29
I bought this game and it never gave me option to download. Square needs to get their act together if they plan on remaining the way the do things. If this is the way they want to treat customers I will just go to a game company that appreciates all the money their fans give them.

anthonyburns963
29th May 2013, 16:28
So is it just the severs down does anyone know i just bought the game not knowing this and im pretty p$$$$D off??

natedmonds
29th May 2013, 17:50
That's what it seems to be. We'll just have to wait a few days(?) till it's sorted I guess.

DarkTiamatZERO
4th Jun 2013, 03:52
Shell out the money and buy the PSN port. Play it on a PS3/PSP/VITA.

Keep promoting that the PC port sucks and that people shouldn't buy it. Not much else you can do. It's not like they actually read what their fans write on their own message boards. Hah!

member_10213890
5th Jul 2013, 11:32
I have taken the step of starting a formal petition to the Directors of Public Relations for Square Enix as a company to fix this situation. You may find the petition here.

www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/square-en... (http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/square-enix-holdings-co-ltd-square-enix-ltd-provide-steam-keys-for-purchasers-of-ff7-pc-via-digital-river)

dtpeleven-385291
5th Jul 2013, 15:21
I have taken the step of starting a formal petition to the Directors of Public Relations for Square Enix as a company to fix this situation. You may find the petition here.

www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/square-en... (http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/square-enix-holdings-co-ltd-square-enix-ltd-provide-steam-keys-for-purchasers-of-ff7-pc-via-digital-river)

signed... we need to get this more exposure

the_randomizer
6th Jul 2013, 13:08
The question is, will they actually listen or will it fall on deaf ears?

Digitalheretic
6th Jul 2013, 21:47
I agree completely that The Digital River is a joke and they should issue Steam keys to those of us who purchased their game and are unable to do so now because of their previous distribution clients resctrictions.

I don't know if they'll listen to us, but those of us who bought it and supported them either have been screwed or will be in due time due the retrictions in place. It would seem only right to give us free access to a game we rightfully own a copy of.

God forbid my laptop hard drive dies or Windows becomes corrupted like my desktop has ( both examples, even my replacement hard drive died, good bye Seagate but that's another matter completely ), it has the last remaining activated copy

madeira
11th May 2014, 10:32
I'm having trouble trying to move my PC version of FFVII to my laptop. I bought the game through Square Enix when it came out, but it doesn't come up on Steam, and if I want to re-download it, it forces me to pay £10 either through Steam or Square Enix's store! How do I re-download it or transfer the game to my laptop to continue playing without spending a penny? Please help :(
Madeira

Fr34kyStyle
25th Jun 2014, 17:53
Hi there!

I purchased FF VII in August 2012 and downloaded it directly from the square enix page.
Now i'm wondering if i can port my stand-alone version of the game to my steam account since it's exactly the same game.
(Steam Achievements, also got FF VIII on my Steam Account - please don't give me the answer that i can play without steam - i know it.)

Would be a pain in the a** if i have to pay another time for a game i already own more than twice just to attach it to my game library. :(

Grimoire
25th Jun 2014, 20:29
Unfortunately, no.

Mayhem296
8th Aug 2014, 11:49
I bought FF7 through the square enix website when it first got re-released. Is there a way to import that game to steam?
Thank you.
Mayhem

Archont
20th Aug 2014, 02:02
http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/notice-square-enix-store-customers-who-purchased-final-fantasy-vii

iori_gr
20th Aug 2014, 08:30
No me vale, no quiero descuentos ni mierdas de esas, quiero el juego que compré en su d*a. ESTO ES UN ROBO, devuélvanme mi dinero o activen el juego en Steam.

Resilient0055
15th Sep 2014, 17:19
So FF7 crashed last night and we lost the save slot 1. with 15 + hours of gameplay.. says that cloud saving is disabled but I see now way to enable it. help!

skidpro2012
27th Sep 2014, 16:11
I bought this a couple years ago off Square Enix store, a PC later and fresh in stall of windows 7 and guess what? I cannot reactivate my game! It goes to securom request unlock code and nothing works, the CMD prompt I am, lost with as I cannot appear to revoke as I cannot get to the directory in question..

I wish I waited and got this on steam but I am damned if I am buying it again on steam for less hassle, although the FF3/4/8 I got on steam its easy to change PCs re-install windows and restart games...FFVII bought off square enix store is a different story...its out of activation's now, this is unfair....what do I do?

Any help please?

skidpro2012
27th Sep 2014, 16:25
I am out of activation's after having to re-install windows on a new PC and I cannot reactivate my SE store game of FFVII, this is unfair......why should I buy it again?

Siluni
3rd Oct 2014, 21:24
Bonjour, j'ai acheter le jeu ff7 lors de sa sortie sur le site de square enix.

J'ai bien pu le telecharger apres mon achat, jusque la, tout va bien.

J'ai reformater mon PC il y a peu et depuis, il m'est impossible de telecharger a nouveau le jeu.
Voir pire, il m'ajoute le jeu au panier d'achat (je suis bien connecte sur le site pourtant).

Pouvez-vous faire quelques chose sur ce point ?

Bien cordialement

hobbes2
13th Nov 2014, 07:37
I bought ff7 off of square before it was in steam and the computer that had it crashed now how do i download ff7 on my new computer?

Grimoire
13th Nov 2014, 08:51
Contact customer support (https://support.na.square-enix.com/contact.php?id=1379&la=2).

davidcritchley
15th Nov 2014, 08:52
Hi all, just got myself a spanking new PC. I need to download my (paid for) games. How do I do this? Square/Enix don't make it easy do they :naughty:

Grimoire
15th Nov 2014, 13:37
Which games do you need to download? Contacting customer support (http://support.eu.square-enix.com/) for each respective title might be a good way to start.

davidcritchley
15th Nov 2014, 17:32
That's fine Grimoire. Thanks for the link. I want to re-download FFVII, I have emailed them. But in all fairness I shouldn't have to do that. There should be a button or easy accessible link from my account page to enable me to access games I have paid for. Thanks again.

Grimoire
15th Nov 2014, 19:28
I see. Since I am afraid that I haven't heard anything about anyone successfully having downloaded again, I would assume that it is no longer possible.

titou32
26th Dec 2014, 16:46
Hello i have the same problem actually. I can't download the game.
I sent an email to supportvente.eidos@metaboli.com but after 9 days still no luck getting a download link.

So if i'm not mistaken people who buy this game from your shop atm get screwed with an activation key wich isn't steam compatible and a 404 page when they want to download the game.

Resolving this would be great.
Thx

Deathhunter84
5th Jan 2015, 19:31
I bought ff7 before it went to steam now my old computer ended it life so I had to get a new one now I cant figure how to download the game can I get any help

Grimoire
7th Jan 2015, 14:00
Need help? Contact customer support (https://support.na.square-enix.com/contact.php?id=1379&la=2).

1. Try to find your original purchase email - the download link to FFVII should still work.

2. If you can't find the email in question, then customer support should be able to give you access to the Steam version. Since you pursued the game before it was on Steam it's not activated on your Steam account but the support team should still be able to help you add it to your Steam library.

jonrick117
18th Jan 2015, 18:36
As about I bought the game in 2013 and haven't played in a while im just wondering how can i get my serial number again as its looking for it when i start it up, the game is in my list of purchased games on Square enix.com

jonrick117
18th Jan 2015, 19:04
the revoking proccess isnt working either, i really dont understand why it has been limited to a certain number of reactivations, you you buy the game to serial should always work?

buckdx
9th Feb 2015, 14:04
hey i just downloaded ffVll on steam and when ever i start it up to play it hits me with "CreateProcess returned an error... ERROR CODE: 2"in a little window and wont let me play any ideas how to fix this?

mikegloady
9th Feb 2015, 19:30
I'm another of those folks who bought direct from SE (Europe in my case) and can't, for the life of me, figure out how to get this onto my steam account. Running things through steam makes it all so much easier - any advice gratefully appreciated.