PDA

View Full Version : forum general use

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
4th Jul 2003, 14:00
would there be possible to have a message telling you you have PM on each forum instead of just on the main forum page, since I NEVER go to the main page, and I just happened to learn I had 2 PM waiting, one of them since 06/25

(sorry Leo and operativeX, I didn't answer sooner. and there is no chance I can answer now, i don't even remember what your PM where about)

thanks

(still not complaining)

Catman
4th Jul 2003, 17:18
You can set your options so you get an alert whenever you have a PM waiting.

Or if you have a bookmark to the forums, you may just want to set that to your User CP -- you can subscribe to only those forums of interest, plus a list of your new messages is displayed.

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
15th Jul 2003, 14:33
ok, I'll do that

thanks

*EDIT* Nw question

Why can't I post on the forums from my home computer, since I can on my office computer, and the account is the same. Does the forum check the IP before posting, and the account is linked to the IP?

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
28th Jul 2003, 13:51
hmmm this post is a sneaky move to put this thread on the top of the forum again, and maybe have a chance to have an answer to the question I asked in my previous post

Catman
28th Jul 2003, 15:28
Oops. I missed the new question.

The forum does not check the IP, and you should be able to post from any computer anywhere so long as you've logged in.

If this isn't working, it's probably a cookie problem. Go through your cookies (location and access depends on your OS and your browser), and delete all which have eidos embedded (so you'd delete eidos.com, eidosinteractive, eidosgames, etc).

Close your browser and reopen the forum page. You'll need to log in again, of course.

If this doesn't solve the problem, try restarting your computer after you delete the cookies. If that doesn't help, then you'll need to check your security settings and make sure that cookies from forums.eidosgames.com are always accepted.

And if none of this works, rattle my cage again.

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
28th Jul 2003, 15:50
ok thank you, I'll do that too