PDA

View Full Version : Tell something about yourself

[SYN] Nexus
4th Jul 2003, 12:22
I know its maybe not the right place but nobody checks the community chat anyways.So what about everyone gives some info about himself that would be cool :)

Im from Belgium and Im 17 years old.I bought DeusEx one of the first weeks it was released in the US ( bought it in San Diego).That was in July or august or something if Im correct.Otherwise I would had to wait till October (released date in Belgium.

Im still a student and I have 2 years to go till I graduate (doubled a year).Im in a clan (Synergy Clan) and my nickname is Nexus there (duh!).
I play mostly Black Hawk Down online, and I play DeusEx (once more) and Championship Manager singleplayer.

Im pretty new to this forum but I have a lot of experience with forums so Im not really a forum newbie :).

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
4th Jul 2003, 12:41
I bet this thread is going to be moved. (maybe we can try to resurect the Community chat)

Anyway, I'm french, from Paris (no kidding), working... well, I'm supposed to, but since I am posting on this forum, let's say I'm pausing.

I bought DX on the release date in the UK, still playing it, each time trying to kill less people. down to 3, and this time, max 2 (didn't kill Anna, I will have to find a way to spare Simmons and Gunther)

mostly play DX, Diablo2, morrowind, neverwinternights, Arx fatalis, freecell,...

Catman
4th Jul 2003, 17:14
Yes, it had to be moved. People should get in the habit of checking the community forum. ;)

As for myself: I teach writing and web design courses at the local university. I live in a modest home with my wife and two cats (Cassie and Xander).

Claim to fame: In one of my courses (a freshman writing class with all computer science majors), students use Deus Ex as their major "reading" and write critical assessments of the game design.

Oh, and I make silly animated gifs in my spare time.

Big Ragu
4th Jul 2003, 17:29
So you make those creepy animations...cool.

I live in Austin, Texas close to where Deus Ex was made. I'm still in school as a Junior. Bought Deus Ex 3 days after it came out and have been playing ever since.

I am also trying to kill less and less people each time through and so far I'm at around 100 or so.:)

plussi
9th Jul 2003, 10:11
I am also in Paris, but not related to these Ladies' Saviour above.

Claim to fame - I utterly failed to make an excessively complicated Paris-based DXMP map. I then failed to upload the correct version of an interesting (but slightly flawed) DXMP Basketball map.

Oh, and I failed to come in here for a year...

P.S. You can run away from Gunther and leave him wandering confused in the cathedral corridors, but I can't remember whether it is possible to finish the mission.

Catman
9th Jul 2003, 13:09
Yes, it is possible to finish the mission. You won't get Simmons message, but that's no loss. ;)

Tiper
24th Jul 2003, 12:10
I'm a student, my age and location are classified information.
my favorite games are: Deus Ex, Morrowind, Splintercell, operation flashpoint.....

I just downloaded the Deus Ex SDK...and a tutorial from Planet Deus Ex...so I guess I'm gonna start pretty soon.

Rogan Josh
31st Jul 2003, 07:47
Hey,

My name is Rogan Josh, which is my digital alias, I have two guinea pigs, and a wife, and some fish and I grow chilli peppers to prevent me from getting rickets. I am 24 in age but probably have a reading age of about 7. I work in scientific marine modelling to pay for my computer games habit and keep me in pies.

The wife always gets mad when I play for to long, she like to push off the mains switch after a count down of about 10 seconds, which a few times has left me with a seriously messed up computer that I have had to fix.

She thinks I’m a fool playing DX but she does not understand that JC is real, Carter is real, the ton is my home……..oops! Must not lose it! Deep Breaths! Must remember what the shrink told me!

Apart from DX, my other favourite is IGI, Davy Jones! Can’t beat the SAS! I just love that AK47, Patatatata! One shot kill! Although you cannot blind somebody with a fire extinguisher then club em on the head.
:D

Tiper
4th Aug 2003, 12:22
Originally posted by Rogan Josh

Apart from DX, my other favourite is IGI, Davy Jones! Can’t beat the SAS! I just love that AK47, Patatatata! One shot kill! Although you cannot blind somebody with a fire extinguisher then club em on the head.
:D
I can't belive you liked IGI, I hated it...and I can't belive you liked the AK47 that's the worst gun in the world....the recoil is way to bad for a pro like me:D

tsunami
5th Aug 2003, 03:22
hey,

can someone or something out there tell me how to "quote"....... ahhhhhh, someone's quote? for future references.

thank you

yeah, yeah i'm a noob in this forum (and deus ex).............learnin the ropes.

and btw i finally finished all 3 endings.............what a sweet game!

tsunami
5th Aug 2003, 04:05
Originally posted by Tsunami
hey,

can someone or something out there tell me how to "quote"....... ahhhhhh, someone's quote? for future references.

thank you

yeah, yeah i'm a noob in this forum (and deus ex).............learnin the ropes.

and btw i finally finished all 3 endings.............what a sweet game!

let's see if this works..........................

tsunami
5th Aug 2003, 04:09
Originally posted by Tsunami

and btw i finally finished all 3 endings.............what a sweet game! [/B]

i'm just playin w/ myself here...........................

Rogan Josh
5th Aug 2003, 09:09
Originally posted by Tiper
I can't belive you liked IGI, I hated it...and I can't belive you liked the AK47 that's the worst gun in the world....the recoil is way to bad for a pro like me:D

A true Pro can work well with any tool!:cool:

"The bad workman always blames his tools"
The New Dictionary of Cultural Literacy, Third Edition. 2002.

Catman
5th Aug 2003, 13:50
Originally posted by Rogan Josh
A true Pro can work well with any tool!:cool: I liked IGI until that train yard mission. Like a professional who has the option would go into a situation like that without a sniper rifle from the getgo — well, that coupled with the lack of a save feature pretty much killed the game for me.

Oh, and the weird respawning enemies. Though I must admit, it was damn fun to stand right behind where one of the bad guys would respawn and blow his brains out so I could take his weapon.

http://www1.iastate.edu/~wsthune/cps/ted/tedws.gif

Tiper
5th Aug 2003, 13:52
the gun make's too much noise for a pro....and the pro needs to be able to aim with it too of course:D

Rogan Josh
6th Aug 2003, 10:49
Yes the AK is a noisy gun, but the noise is never a problem when all the poor Russian fellows in earshot have gently passed away. Anyway, you must not think that I am clamming it to be the ‘technically best’ weapon of the game, just that its feels so good if you take on 3 spetznatz with the AK and not one gets a shot off, don’t you find that rewarding?

And as for the respawning enemies, yes I admit, that was a tad annoying, perhaps of they could have included a feature where you could blow up the barracks were they were spawning from like Arnie does in Commando (steel drums – de de de de dedededde).

And what’s that about not having a sniper rifle? Well indeed! What Would Carter Say, oh that was it – Carter: “Hell, I dispatched a whole platoon once with nothing but a pocket knife”
;)

Tiper
6th Aug 2003, 11:50
I liked the M16 most of all.