PDA

View Full Version : PC Help with Tombraider 6

ooleedaviesoo
4th Jul 2003, 12:16
Just went out and got tomb raider for PC and installed it full when i go an play it every thing is blairy you cant even read the writting i havint even gotten into a game does anyone know how to fix this proplem (grafix card is PCI Voodoo 3,2000)

ForeverEternalRaider
4th Jul 2003, 12:47
Try to change your resolution, I guess that should to the job.

ooleedaviesoo
4th Jul 2003, 14:05
i tryed thats here's a screenshot of my settings for voodoo 3 http://homepage.ntlworld.com/lee.davies2/settings1.JPG can only have have it at 60 hz or below on screen res i tryed lower and higher res can any one help plz

jaywalker2309
4th Jul 2003, 14:09
The voodoo3 hasn't got DX9 drivers. So isn't a specced card.

The Voodoo series hasn't been supported since nVidia bought them a while back.. sorry..

BadSector
4th Jul 2003, 14:19
Originally posted by jaycw2309
The voodoo3 hasn't got DX9 drivers. So isn't a specced card.

The Voodoo series hasn't been supported since nVidia bought them a while back.. sorry..

Yeah, forget Voodoo. There is just not one game company with Voodoo support now. By an Nvidia or ATi card.

dulloder
9th Jul 2003, 09:53
If V3 is not supported, then why is there a DEDICATED Voodoo settings tab in the setup???

duncan@rcp.co.uk
9th Jul 2003, 10:41
Originally posted by dulloder
If V3 is not supported, then why is there a DEDICATED Voodoo settings tab in the setup???
That tab changes its name to match your graphics card whatever graphics card you have installed. You have a dedicated Voodoo tab, I have a dedicated 9700 Pro tab.

dulloder
9th Jul 2003, 11:54
ok, then it's ok...but, it could say that "my master, you have a non-compatible card, please go and buy one..." ? :)
I do not think that V3 is so poor, cannot even go to the menu with only 16 MB....:)

xes
9th Jul 2003, 20:13
Go to the initial load screen and then select video and set your graphics to fastest. Hit apply, and you should have no problems. I messed with the video settings until I was insane and I have a 2 GHz P4 with 1 Gb RAM and a Radeon 9000 video card with 64 mb memory.

dulloder
14th Jul 2003, 06:54
It wasn't for me, was it? It seems there's no way to have Voodoo 3 working with TRAOD....need to upgrade my videocard...
Should anybody find a method to run TRAOD on V3, please mail me!
Thanks!

Old Geezer
14th Jul 2003, 09:27
Have you trying setting the waiting for sync box off?

I had all sorts of trouble with the game, the solution seemed to be to set as many things off as possible ESPECIALLY this darn wait for sync box.