PDA

View Full Version : PC Patch Released

Barc '04
4th Jul 2003, 09:50
http://www.eidosinteractive.co.uk/support/patchinfo.html?ptid=65

GoranAgar
4th Jul 2003, 10:10
Fix List:

Stopped crashes when Keyboard is remapped to selected keys.

System deadlock if the correct key is not pressed when playing an FMV

Systems deadlock or crashes just after loading a level

Missing shotgun

EAX logos are now corrected

FMV player now supports machines with the VMR9 interface.

About remaining issues: No news yet.

SnAcKeR
4th Jul 2003, 10:16
what about all the other bugs then? warped graphics, the cafe owner with a hole in his head? etc, etc, etc. i seriously hope they are working on a more extensive patch than this :mad:

GoranAgar
4th Jul 2003, 10:58
No news yet!

XanderD2
4th Jul 2003, 11:02
I'm certain that they are working on the next patch. I'm not sure how many people email bug reports to Eidos or Core, but they must have compiled a long list by now. The more annoying bugs may be the most difficult to fix (e.g. Miss Peg-Leg in the sewers, or Pierre with those bland features :D ).

And by releasing PC patches they can fix at least half of the mess that came out of this rushed job.

thumb raider
4th Jul 2003, 11:45
well, the patch messed up mor than it was before! cut-scenes have no sound anymore! FMV's are too dark for me to see ANYTHING!! Gamma setings wont help here either! is there a way to un-patch??

XanderD2
4th Jul 2003, 12:08
You are simply unlucky.

In addition to the fixes in the Readme file, they fixed:

a) Pierre, all textures are in place now!!! :D He is butt ugly, methink Core erased the texture deliberately to save us from his sight.

b) Peg-Leg Lady effect in the Storm Drains is reduced. It's still there, but it's better now.

c) I found a new (OK, for me at least it was new) missing texture on a wall, hehe.

SnAcKeR
4th Jul 2003, 12:14
if they want to make this game 100 times better then they should release a controls patch. so you can play the game using the old style control system. that would make it SOOOO much more fun to play.

susan
4th Jul 2003, 12:19
Originally posted by SnAcKeR
if they want to make this game 100 times better then they should release a controls patch. so you can play the game using the old style control system. that would make it SOOOO much more fun to play.

I know, that's the worst bug in the game as far as I can see....ooops, oh no, silly me, that's a next gen game improvement...:( :rolleyes:

GoranAgar
4th Jul 2003, 12:23
SnAcKeR, Susan, what are you talking about? The controls are pretty close to the old game.

SnAcKeR
4th Jul 2003, 12:30
Originally posted by GoranAgar
SnAcKeR, Susan, what are you talking about? The controls are pretty close to the old game.

erm, not really mate. it's not the actual keys that you have to press to get her to do stuff that's the problem, it's what she does when you press them. the way she moves and the speed she moves at. in the old games when you wanted her to run for instance, you would hit the key and she would instantly spring into life and start running, but now she takes ages to register your command and it's like trying to control a car in GTA vice city, that's got 2 flat tyres.

GoranAgar
4th Jul 2003, 12:40
OK, she is a bit rusty. But she is my age and I know how that feels. :D

susan
4th Jul 2003, 12:40

Goran, I'm talking about the PS2 controls. I can't speak for the PC controls but the PS2 one's are completely different from the old ones and totally irritating.

I just added my comments to Snackers because if they ever manage to patch the old controls for the PC, then they'd better remember the PS2 controls and do something about it too!

WIZZETTE3457
4th Jul 2003, 12:41
WHen you download and install the PATCH, do you have to start a brand new game in order to have access to the SHOTGUN?

I've made quite a bit of progress without ever seeing a shotgun (have shells).....do I need to start a brand new game?

GoranAgar
4th Jul 2003, 12:53
Originally posted by Susan
Goran, I'm talking about the PS2 controls.
Ewww, PS2 controls (or even console controls) are by default not my cup of tea. We are just playing Silent Hill 3 and Project Zero and although the games are fun, I am not too happy about the way the characters move.

Quillan
4th Jul 2003, 13:25
I didn't get the shotgun until the Tomb of Ancients level.

Dad
4th Jul 2003, 13:37
GA is this patch for the US version as well? I see it's from .co.uk. The .com does not list it.
Played a little on ME last night and I have noticed that sometimes the Quick Save some times doesn't work and the sound comes and goes.
:D

jaywalker2309
4th Jul 2003, 13:46
Patch is universal, its just we awake before the US :) thanks to timezones

BadSector
4th Jul 2003, 13:46
Fix List:

EAX logos are now corrected
[/B]
Woooooow! Thanks guys! Could'nt live without it! :rolleyes: You can just relax now, with the job well done.... (Morons) :rolleyes:

BadSector
4th Jul 2003, 13:48
Originally posted by Dad
GA is this patch for the US version as well? I see it's from .co.uk. The .com does not list it.
Played a little on ME last night and I have noticed that sometimes the Quick Save some times doesn't work and the sound comes and goes.
:D

It's not a ME fault, because I have the same issue on XP! This game is bugged as hell on the PC too! What were the testers doing???!! Jerking on Lara???!! :mad:

jaywalker2309
4th Jul 2003, 13:49
I believe the logos are trademarked so they have to be correct..

Am sure calling Eidos/Core morons is really gonna endear yourself onto them :)

jaywalker2309
4th Jul 2003, 13:50
Originally posted by BadSector
It's not a ME fault, because I have the same issue on XP! This game is bugged as hell on the PC too! What were the testers doing???!! Jerking on Lara???!! :mad:

What sound card you got? what drivers?

Rather then bad mouth people why not try and find out a solution and seek help..

CyclopS
4th Jul 2003, 13:51
are they graphics the same for u as if the patch was not installed. because after i installed the patch. the graphics got worse, is all jiggy, its not smooth anymore, can i uninstall the patch?

BadSector
4th Jul 2003, 13:52
Originally posted by jaycw2309
I believe the logos are trademarked so they have to be correct..

Am sure calling Eidos/Core morons is really gonna endear yourself onto them :)

Don't give a damn. This game has serious problems wich are in need of serious patching. And what are they doing?! Fixing freaking logos! Great! :mad:

jaywalker2309
4th Jul 2003, 13:55
Originally posted by CyclopS
are they graphics the same for u as if the patch was not installed. because after i installed the patch. the graphics got worse, is all jiggy, its not smooth anymore, can i uninstall the patch?

Worse? jiggy doesn't explain much.. sorry..

What graphics card have you got?

BadSector
4th Jul 2003, 13:55
What sound card you got? what drivers?

Rather then bad mouth people why not try and find out a solution and seek help..

Hey Einstein... What is the rapport between not being able to normally QUICKSAVING the game, and the soundcard or drivers for it??? You tell me... :rolleyes:

jaywalker2309
4th Jul 2003, 14:04
I was referring to the sound cutting in and out.. You just said u had the same issue on XP, but failed to say which of the 2 issues he'd mentioned u had..

If you dont want help fine just keep insulting people..

SnAcKeR
4th Jul 2003, 14:14
Woooooow! Thanks guys! Could'nt live without it! :rolleyes: You can just relax now, with the job well done.... (Morons) :rolleyes:

lol ;)

CyclopS
4th Jul 2003, 14:27
Worse? jiggy doesn't explain much.. sorry..

What graphics card have you got?

ati 9700 pro

BadSector
4th Jul 2003, 14:34
ati 9700 pro

Great! I have an ATi too... I am already seeing myself cursing and reinstalling the whole game, after the lousy "patch". :confused:

CyclopS
4th Jul 2003, 15:07
Great! I have an ATi too... I am already seeing myself cursing and reinstalling the whole game, after the lousy "patch". :confused:

yea i reinstalled it also, but i saved my save game folder so i don't have to start from the beginning

Dad
4th Jul 2003, 15:40
Stupid ME! I forgot this is a holiday. They won't be back to work till monday.

HAPPY 4th

GoranAgar
4th Jul 2003, 16:37
Some people...

2 Days for a patch is quite fast. Whoever thinks that a patch released after two days should fix all existing bugs might want to get an XBox or a Gamecube. ... please do.

MsLadyCroft
4th Jul 2003, 16:45
I Live in the USA{ Happy 4th Everyone!!!!} I cannot download this patch, its from the UK. Is it out in the US???? :(

GoranAgar
4th Jul 2003, 16:48
The Server let's only 250 people download simultaneously. Keep trying.

jinhamasaki
4th Jul 2003, 16:54
Strange, I got the game last night, installed it, and installed the patch. IT WORKS PERFECTLY, no ERRORS, NOTHING. There are no bugs, and no slow downs (only some choppiness sicne i put on fog effects, the rain, music and everything). I don't see what is wrong, maybe I am just lucky O.o

My system:
Windows XP professional
AMD Athlon 1.47 Ghz (1700+)
ATI Radeon 8500 64 MB
256 MB DDR 333Mhz
Soundblaster Live! Value

Dead_Angel
4th Jul 2003, 17:02
how do you save your save game folder?
:confused:

SVT_03
4th Jul 2003, 17:13
how do you save your save game folder?

Well, Dead Angel, go to windows explorer/my computer/C/Program files/EidosInteractive/TRAOD/Savegames.

Then just save those save games of yours to a floppy disc if the files are small enough or burn them on a CD like I did.:D

Dead_Angel
4th Jul 2003, 17:18
Originally posted by SVT_03
Well, Dead Angel, go to windows explorer/my computer/C/Program files/EidosInteractive/TRAOD/Savegames.

Then just save those save games of yours to a floppy disc if the files are small enough or burn them on a CD like I did.:D

okay thanks, oh and btw, i just downloaded the patch, (because i couldnt see the FMV thingys) and now i can just HEAR them, and not see them. does anyone know what the problem is, thanks and later :) and thanks again SVT_03

Elvin Presler
4th Jul 2003, 18:10
We are just playing Silent Hill 3 and....*snip*

I HATE YOU! I want that game more than I wanted TRAOD. Do you know if the PC version is out yet?

PS: Is the link to the patch dead for anyone else? I assume they are getting hammered?

WIZZETTE3457
4th Jul 2003, 18:39
Even BEFORE the patch was released, in most all of the conversations between Lara and the other characters I was UNABLE to hear. Sure, I can SEE what they're saying, and even their mouths move fairly good to what they're saying, but I cannot HEAR what they're saying....it's like someone turned down the volume of ONLY the voices and not the music. Don't know what the deal is, and like I said, even WITH the patch, it's still the same.

Have all the latest drivers, and computer more than meets the minimum requirements....infact, it exceeds them by far.

Haven't been able to find a shotgun since saving my save game folder and reinstalling/installing the patch. No shotgun. Do you have to START ALL OVER after installing the patch to get a shotgun????

DaveJ
4th Jul 2003, 18:59
If anyone is keeping a log of patch errors:

Shotgun now indeed appears fine.
FMV's indeed very dark.
Eidos logo not playing (no biggie you might say).
Pierre seems to have recovered from his bout of flesh eating necrosis.

All other bits audio/visual seem okay to me.

CyclopS
4th Jul 2003, 19:27
audio was perfect before the patch. its my graphics now after the patch its **** now. they need to make a patch strictly for the new radeon cards 9700 pro, 9800, 8500

gremlin
4th Jul 2003, 19:39
Originally posted by Susan
Goran, I'm talking about the PS2 controls. I can't speak for the PC controls but the PS2 one's are completely different from the old ones and totally irritating.

I just added my comments to Snackers because if they ever manage to patch the old controls for the PC, then they'd better remember the PS2 controls and do something about it too!

I know just what you mean. I hated the PS2 controls so much I took it back and got the PC version. Then I found out the problems with my GeForce FX :confused:

The PC controls are pretty much the old controls, but more sluggish. Maybe this is something to do with Lara's stats though (I'm talking the pseudo rpg ones, not the obvious:D )

jinhamasaki
4th Jul 2003, 21:09
That is so WEIRD that everyone is having so many problems. :mad: :confused: :o

Have you tried to do a reinstall, a clean install, and then patch?

mcmanic
4th Jul 2003, 21:36
i'm waiting for the patch that'll fix the patch

phix95
4th Jul 2003, 21:46
Just to answer a question (i know its not TR related) but SH3 will be released in the US in August. And I cannot wait for it either!!

Cube
4th Jul 2003, 22:15
I can't download the much-needed patch. Just friggin great.

Quillan
5th Jul 2003, 02:58
Keep trying. Eidos US has not posted the patch there yet, probably due to the holiday. I managed to download the UK file and it worked fine on the US version of the game. I can see the FMVs now, and they aren't too dark. That might be a gamma setting problem.

SVT_03
5th Jul 2003, 10:25
Well, the patch seems to have worked great for me! I burned my save games to CD, then uninstalled/reinstalled the game, then loaded the patch. Now I can hear and see the intro to the game. (that was really the only bug I had) I knew it couldn't be my drivers, because my computer is only a week old and was already up to date, but as stated by some of the other posts, updated graphics card drivers might help.

IndyDallasJones
5th Jul 2003, 14:16
I had to reinstall after the patch. The intro, or a intro movie worked this time, but then it froze up.

Uninstalled & reinstalled, at 1st didn't work either, restarted twice, then worked. (don't know if had restarted a few times whether the patch would've worked or not...)

Mr Slick
5th Jul 2003, 16:02
You can get the patch at Fileshack.com. Hope this helps.

Frugo_PL
5th Jul 2003, 16:37
****LAST UPDATED ON 7/6/03****

I WILL KEEP ON UPDATING THIS POST WITH NEW BUGS, SO BE SURE TO VIEW IT OFTEN!

Things that are still to be fixed:

- Either add dual pistols, or fix the number of bullets shot at one time (right now, you shoot 2 bullets at a time, but the damage done is equal to 1 shot... fix it plz!)

- Add more ammo on the Boaz level (there is none, and when Kurtis has no ammo after battling Proto, you can't kill Boaz...)

- After the last patch, most people can't see the opening FMV's. Fix that.

- I have noticed some sound and LipSync conflicts - the sound dissappears halfway when the character is still talking.

ptimize the game for different systems (i.e. make it in such a way so that it runs more efficinently. On P4 2.0 Ghz, GeForce 4 Titanium, and 256 Mb DDR Ram, with all the details on, the game drops to around 2-3 fps on open locations... and it doesn't exceed 30 fps in closed rooms.)

- Redesign the animation/control interaction. Make the interaction between the time player presses the controls and the actual movement being done quicker. TR is an action game, and if the delay between the two is around 1 second, it's no fun...

- Fix the Radaon card problem (the game doesn't work at all or works poorly on Radaons).

- [NEW]Improve enemy AI (fix path finding in particular, since enemies get stuck on objects often; fix reaction time to be quicker; fix the enemies' awarness to be better)

- [NEW]Fix the gamepad issues

- [NEW]Fix the object collisions (sometimes Lara can get stuck by going near an object

- [NEW]Fix Lara targeting through walls

- [NEW] Sometimes the camera goes out the wall and you can see the whole level. Fix that as well.

- [NEW]The fish mutant doesn't attack Lara. Fix that.

The bold font bugs should be taken care of immidaitely, as they prevent good gamplay. They should be fixed as soon as possible. The rest should be done quickly, but I know that it takes time to make engine adjustments, especially when it comes to redesinging the controls bug (the interaction delay). However, they should be fixed, as Core is an honorable company (unlike that Eidos scum...) and they should take care of it...

CyclopS
5th Jul 2003, 17:58
they should make a patch for the ati radeon vid cards

Relapse
5th Jul 2003, 18:02
The game installed ok, patched it as it froze after the first part of the intro.. black screen, music still playing. I hit space and the first level loads, so now i'd like the opportunity to sort out some sort of logical control method but as soon as i pause the game/exit to menu, it still locks up forcing me to three finger it and shut it down!!:mad:
Whatever were the beta testers on:confused: My PC is pretty standard - Athlon XP 1700+/Geforce 4 Ti4400/512DDR2700/Fortissimo2 Sound-EAX2 Supported.
And as far as the new controls go they definately need patching back to the old method!:mad:
There should be a warning on the box that it only supports the PC it was compiled on and you'll have to wait untill we fix it!

Shadrac
5th Jul 2003, 18:25
they should make a patch for the ati radeon vid cards

i hope .....

CDubyahS
5th Jul 2003, 18:52
the Ps2 controls are the best ever, no rolling by accident when I want to jump, much more precise...all they changedwas moving the digital pad to the analog thumbstick for movement. i like the new system much better, easier to grab ledges, ladders, windowsills,etc and muchmore forgiving. I realize this is a PC PATCH thread, but someone was criticizing the PS2 controls on the first page. Nothing needs fixing in that department. Just perfect (finally after 5 versions!)

gremlin
5th Jul 2003, 23:36
Originally posted by CDubyahS
the Ps2 controls are the best ever, no rolling by accident when I want to jump, much more precise...all they changedwas moving the digital pad to the analog thumbstick for movement. i like the new system much better, easier to grab ledges, ladders, windowsills,etc and muchmore forgiving. I realize this is a PC PATCH thread, but someone was criticizing the PS2 controls on the first page. Nothing needs fixing in that department. Just perfect (finally after 5 versions!)

Are you mental?

I took the PS2 version back because it wouldn't even let me run in a straight line!

liquiduk
6th Jul 2003, 00:10
hi i really need help!

im not a genius like alot of you seem to be hehe, all clever people here it seems

1-starteed with game working with no fmv sequencees and the usual bugs

2- installed the patch and all i got was the audio for the vids like core design, lara and voncroy, with a black screen and no picture for them parts

3- went to nvidia website to download latest drivers like some have here, ,#i got (nvidia riva tnt2 model 64)

and now the game wont work, even by reinstalling game and stuff, all i get is

The Following Error has occured

SYS_ERROR_D3D_CREATE_DEVICE

and i cant fix it, i fiddled with the settings after to try ideas but i cant do it

if nobody helps me im stuck with no lara game 2 play

someone pleeeeeeeease help me!

thanx

L.

AngelRobin
6th Jul 2003, 01:18
I had to lower my screen resolution to 800 600 and it worked. However, I have the minimum specs and the game is awful. I'm not going to be able to play it with my 500 MHz cpu, 16 mn Jaton graphics card, 184 ram, windows xp. The game is too slow and jerky.

Frugo_PL
6th Jul 2003, 02:20
Originally posted by liquiduk
hi i really need help!

im not a genius like alot of you seem to be hehe, all clever people here it seems

1-starteed with game working with no fmv sequencees and the usual bugs

2- installed the patch and all i got was the audio for the vids like core design, lara and voncroy, with a black screen and no picture for them parts

3- went to nvidia website to download latest drivers like some have here, ,#i got (nvidia riva tnt2 model 64)

and now the game wont work, even by reinstalling game and stuff, all i get is

and i cant fix it, i fiddled with the settings after to try ideas but i cant do it

if nobody helps me im stuck with no lara game 2 play

someone pleeeeeeeease help me!

thanx

L.

As far as I know, you need at least a 500 Mhz proc and a TnL graphics card to tun Aod or 1.5 Ghz proc without TnL. As far as I know, Riva TNT 2 is not a TnL card, so if your processor is not around 1.5 Ghz (1500 Mhz), then I doubt it that you will play Aod. But hey, you can get a very cheap GeForce for around 15 to 20 bux on eBay (they dont sell any more in stores)!

Dead_Angel
6th Jul 2003, 03:18
ackkkk! whats wrong with ATI vid cards?

oh and btw, im at the ATI webstie, looking for a driver update, but when i looked for the system or card that i have its not there!

(sorry to get off topic) but does Radeon Family in some way the same as a Radeon 7500?

someone help, cuz i want to download that, but i dont want to mess up anything.

thanks

LaraCroft_TombRaider
6th Jul 2003, 03:32
For Windows XP:

http://mirror.ati.com/support/drivers/winxp/radeonwdm-xp.html?type=graphic&driveros=windows+xp&prod=productsXPdriver&submit.x=10&submit.y=9

For Windows 98:

http://mirror.ati.com/support/drivers/winme/radeonwdm-me.html?type=graphic&driveros=windows+98&prod=productsME98driver&submit.x=9&submit.y=9

Just Click on the Maroon "Display Driver" under Catalyst Driver 3.5 Suite

Hope that helped.

Dead_Angel
6th Jul 2003, 03:43
but what about ME?

Dead_Angel
6th Jul 2003, 03:57
okay wait..nm about what i just put. i believe i just found a display driver or vice versa update, i am downloading it right now.

thanks LaraCroft_TombRadier:)

ukdante
6th Jul 2003, 08:11
This has to be the biggest kick in the bollux to PS2 owners. To watch the PC players get their game patched while the console version remains full of glitches.

If that's not treating a large contingent of their money-paying fans like second class citizens then I don't know what is.

This is sooo going to hurt their reputation as purveyors of quality products. On such a high profile iconic license too.

Bar some major good will gesture from Core, I don't think the PS2 owners are going to be too eager to embrace another Core product after this. I'm certainly shelving all my enthusiasm for anything Tomb Raider after all of this.

Exterminator
6th Jul 2003, 09:41
and still i have a ****in black screen :mad:

Greetz

liquiduk
6th Jul 2003, 11:23
The thing is that id been playing the game and was working before i added the patch and updated the drivers, i just started off with a game without any fmv's playing and the usual missing pieces they mentioned

now ive updated my nvidia riva tnt2 model 64 drivers with the new display drivers the game wont work at all for me

anybody know how i can fix it so i stop getting that

thing from coming up, ,im really really stuck

thanx

Redvex
6th Jul 2003, 13:23
In Crime scene in the underground over the 75% of texture missing...i can't see where i go and it's impossible to play....i've geforce 3 ti 500 with detonator 43.45...only in this level i have meet this enourmous bug :(

Someone can send me a savegame after the crime scene or out (after) the underground?

Frugo_PL
6th Jul 2003, 15:54
Originally posted by liquiduk
The thing is that id been playing the game and was working before i added the patch and updated the drivers, i just started off with a game without any fmv's playing and the usual missing pieces they mentioned

now ive updated my nvidia riva tnt2 model 64 drivers with the new display drivers the game wont work at all for me

anybody know how i can fix it so i stop getting that

thing from coming up, ,im really really stuck

thanx

Look at my post above.

AdC
6th Jul 2003, 16:10
i have radeon 9600pro.i havent any problems.the face of the barman in the bar is ok.bub there are others bugs with the secrets of the game.i have made a post for this.And i will take photos of these bugs

Godfather
6th Jul 2003, 16:34
Hey! I tried, after downloading this patch, to run it and do the update and it says that there was a general error while updating ... what does this mean actually?

Should I best do the same but close all programs then? And no: downloading again doesn't make any difference. thanx!

player2
6th Jul 2003, 17:23
the game doesn't run very well ,it's a fun game to a certain extent but here are somethings i found so far :

flickering textures on objects ,walls
flickering shadows
slow character response upon gamepad movement
slowzones - in certain zones the character starts moving in slow motion then returns to "normal"
overall performance
in cutscenes sometimes the geometry "drop" - those sharp funny things
when acessing a keypad can't exit
lara auto-targets even through walls
enemy AI is bad - awareness is bad ,reaction is bad ,path-finding is bad
lara can become trapped between objects
using a gamepad and in stealth mode ,moving to the side slowly makes lara step forward
when turning in staircases makes lara spin - sensitivity too high
mapping one button for sprint makes it freelook ingame - using a gamepad

the thing that worries me most is the performance on my pc @ 1024x768x32-85hz ,no AA ,no AF ,game setup @ default ,and it's slow .sometimes i find myself switching to 800x600 ,to get it a bit more smooth .

Athlon 2200+
Epox 8rda+ / Soundstorm
512mb Twinmos pc3200 ddr400
Radeon 9700 pro
Winxp pro + sp1a ,nForce 2.03 ,Dx9.0a ,Catalyst 3.5

thanks ,and fun game nevertheless

Shadrac
6th Jul 2003, 17:52
when a next patch could be realased ?

i'm waiting for it ... :p

Redvex
6th Jul 2003, 18:03
I can't play the texture in the sub level of monstrum Crime scene is 95% missing...... i see all black and lara

Mr Slick
6th Jul 2003, 19:14
Originally posted by player2
the game doesn't run very well ,it's a fun game to a certain extent but here are somethings i found so far :

flickering shadows
slowzones - in certain zones the character starts moving in slow motion then returns to "normal"
overall performance
using a gamepad and in stealth mode ,moving to the side slowly makes lara step forward
when turning in staircases makes lara spin - sensitivity to high

the thing that worries me most is the performance on my pc @ 1024x768x32-85hz ,no AA ,no AF ,game setup @ default ,and it's slow .sometimes i find myself switching to 800x600 ,to get it a bit more smooth .

Athlon 2200+
Epox 8rda+ / Soundstorm
Twinmos pc3200 ddr400
Radeon 9700 pro

player2

In the game settings try changing your render type to "fixed function hardware". This cured the flickering images for me.

On your gamepad issue, make sure you don't have other game input devices plugged in or other gamepad software running in backround. Your pad will sometimes pick this up and get confused.

Try running your resolution at 60hz. This cured my menu access problems and slow character response.

And, yes turning in TRAOD is an adventure in itself. They have to do something about that!! Other than that, I think think that this is a very good game.

Hope this helps you out a little bit.

mrt70
6th Jul 2003, 21:35
graphical bugg 2k i donbt know if anybody brought it up but in the anciant you know the grat cylinder room when youhafto use the staris in tha walls to reahc the lastlevle well thers my problem no steps in the walls even thogh i used thelever im jsutgoing plaincrazy notihng seems to work

Frugo_PL
7th Jul 2003, 02:32
Originally posted by player2

flickering shadows
overall performance
when turning in staircases makes lara spin - sensitivity too high

Athlon 2200+
Epox 8rda+ / Soundstorm
512mb Twinmos pc3200 ddr400
Radeon 9700 pro

Ok, I added some of these bugs to my "to be fixed" list above. Some of your bugs aren't bugs - for example, in order to exit a keypad, press Enter. In order to exit a camera, press "Duck". The graphical problems usually can be fixed by tweaking the game's settings or your graphics card's. The slowdown occures when you have all the details on and you are in an oper location with a lot of abjects and scripts. Lower your details and resosolution and you should be ok.

Nerox
7th Jul 2003, 05:40
in the monstrum crime scene, i had the same problem where all the textures in the sewers were missing. i solved it by loading back to a previous savepoint (before the sewers) and doing that bit again, and fortunately all the textures were there.

Redvex
7th Jul 2003, 07:47
Originally posted by Nerox
in the monstrum crime scene, i had the same problem where all the textures in the sewers were missing. i solved it by loading back to a previous savepoint (before the sewers) and doing that bit again, and fortunately all the textures were there.

Can you send me the first savegame or the later?

Frugo_ PL can add this bug?

Redvex
7th Jul 2003, 07:51
Originally posted by Nerox

tnx very much i've loaded a previous savegame and it's all ok

but it's a enormous bug

MIG_1
7th Jul 2003, 08:24
Is it possible that someone starts a topic with known bugs and update these in the opening post? Because I looked in different posts here and don't have an overview what is wrong in the game. So maybe the delevopers have a clear overview what to patch in the future?

Ok here are some things:

- Jumping; grrr..had to try 150 times before I made some jumps.
- Walking through walls (leg bug?)
- Camera view; in some positions you can look in Lara's head and see the inside of her eyes.
- In Serpent rouge; at the top. You slide down and jump to a platform. Then you jump to an other platform. Here there is a partly broken railing. On a part where there is no railing Lara jumps over an invisible railing when you try this. Also the jump from here had to try it 150 times.

Lites
7th Jul 2003, 12:48
In the game settings try changing your render type to "fixed function hardware". This cured the flickering images for me.

Try running your resolution at 60hz. This cured my menu access problems and slow character response.

with a 9700 pro no one should have to do this! its down to poor software that this is required this is eidoses problem! and they should fix it!

mrt70
7th Jul 2003, 14:25
like hello i feel totaly ignored :( sorry for disturbing you all orsomethingbut plz comeon somebody gotta have a savegamefile to the beginging of Hall Of Seasons ?

Fuente Ovejuna
7th Jul 2003, 17:31
Originally posted by Barc '04

Thank you for your link for patch ! It's very usefull.
I have got TR6 only today and I see it's full of bugs.
I was trying much versions of Detonators and now
I know, where is the problem.

Zansky
7th Jul 2003, 17:56
Ok im not sure what everyone has been trying to do to fix some of the bug problems. My specs:

Barton XP 2500+
9700 Pro
512 DDR 3200
Gigabyte VAXP7A

Alright for me some of the first bugs I really encounterd was the leg missing bug. That really didnt bother me that much but what I noticed next was that the game ran HORRIBLY. I turned off everything I could and for some reason I still couldn't get a steady frame in the outdoor enviroment. I toned it down to 1024x768 with no shadows and reflections. Still ran bad...so finally I just turned off all the Vertex Shaders and Pixelshaders...game runs great now. bumped up Rez to 1280x768 and am running AA 6x and AF 4x. I get smooth constant frames. Be sure to set the render type to pure hardware.

I have a 9700 pro and that mixed my problems with flickering textures and what not. So there you go, if it works it works :)

Toshinden333
7th Jul 2003, 19:17
God damnmit,

I really hope that this patch fixes the 'Press-action-and-walk-through-walls-and-across-air-to pick-up-items-bug'. It's completley annoyed the hell out of me.

Well, thank you Eidos for particiapting in the Human-Monkey beta testing exchange programme.

Just so not impressed.

T.

GAForte
7th Jul 2003, 19:38
Well, i just finished the game yesterday, and ive made a list of some of the bugs i saw in the game.

Besides the problems with the controls, where in shallow water, she moves strage, where you use the directional keys to turn right, or left, and in the stairs when you push the right or left keys, she just turns around a 360.

Besides all of that,

1. The so known bug with the bartender in paris
2. The boxer guy that was practicing alone, had something over his head, like a meter or two, that whe he moved it moved with him too, i think it was a part of his hair, or had to be.. :rolleyes:
3. I won the fighting in the bet of the church once, and i when i returned from the top of the church, i went near the coach again, and the camera changed to the fightin guys and got stuck there.
4. When I tride to get into Janice´s House Again, The keypad got stuck and had to reload the game
5. I dont know if its a bug or what does the time that appear in the savegames mean, cause it has nothing to do with my computer time, could anybody tell me if its just my problem..
6. The guards at the louvre had the same skin problems than the bartender in paris, dont know, i think its kind of a virus, like Ebola or something!!??:)
7. The bullets go down 2 by 2, only with one gun, and in some parts of the game it is really hard to beat some bosses with the bullets doin that.
8. In some of the in game sequences the sound went out, and returned when the sequence was gone:(
9. some of the bullets at the Von Croy´s Apartment, never finished, i got 25 mags and the bullets where still there, when i turned around and returned there and got more, then they finished.
10. In Praga, in the sewers when i fell and tried to pass through a tunnel where i had to crouch, the game got stuck and had to reload.

Well, I dont know if its a bug, but its really frustrating that when lara has to aim something that is very near, it just starts turning aroung and you cannot hit anything, and has to put the guns down. Another problem to me is that when a target was near but on the other side of the wall, she was aiming to that too.

When I was Fighting Boaz, I destroyed the two front pods of it, and after that, kurtis remained aiming to the frontal pods, and i couldnt get through that boss, because of that, and finally i realized that he was aiming to the same pods, and changed the target, i think that really is a bug cause he was aiming to nothing.:mad:

By The way, I dont know if it is just me that didnt appear a sequence or something like that, but when lara entered the garden with huge plants, she, in the last level, was wearing a camo pants, and when she got inside the garden, she was wearing shorts, its not that i dont like the shorts, its just i want to know what did she do to get them, or is it just the same pants without legs cause she cut them off.

Besides all the bugs, I really liked the game, and if it werent for the bugs, I´d given it a 10/10

Im going to wait for eidos to release another patch, that fixes some of these bugs, and play it again.

P.S. By the way, The final Boss was really easy compared to the gost and Boaz, or Protos.:rolleyes:

Mr_Furious
7th Jul 2003, 19:45
Is the U.S. Version of the patch out yet?

RNR
7th Jul 2003, 22:35
This Link (taken from above) Will work on the US version.

Dead_Angel
7th Jul 2003, 22:40
Hello again,

I just un-and-re installed the aod game, and then i put the patch again (i wanted to fix the fmv problem, i could only hear them, not see them) but it is exactly the same! i can still only hear the fmv sequences, not see them! does anyone know what is wrong?

please help, and thanks:)

dbvirago
7th Jul 2003, 23:31
A patch is great if you got the pc version, but if you bought PS2, you're screwed.

jso2897
8th Jul 2003, 03:20
I've got a Radeon 7200, and a 600mhz cpu, and it plays fine. before I ever installed the game, though, I went and downloaded Catalyst suite of drivers, installed latest version DX9, and fully tested it in DXDIAG . Only then did I install the game. It plays a little slow in the very beggining, but speeds up right away. With the patch, I can see fmvs and all sound is fine.

Dead_Angel
8th Jul 2003, 04:01
Originally posted by jso2897
I've got a Radeon 7200, and a 600mhz cpu, and it plays fine. before I ever installed the game, though, I went and downloaded Catalyst suite of drivers, installed latest version DX9, and fully tested it in DXDIAG . Only then did I install the game. It plays a little slow in the very beggining, but speeds up right away. With the patch, I can see fmvs and all sound is fine.

maybe im just unlucky because i too tested the dxdiag thing, and i too downloaded the latest version of Direct X and i updated my drivers with that catalyst. i have one ghz and enough memory and a good enough vid card, i just dont know whats up with the game. oh well, i still love it. i just wonder...what can be the problem....

Petyus
8th Jul 2003, 12:35
Well.. after installing the patch I decided to reinstall the original version. :) The patch didn't really fix anything, but caused the game to run with 8-10 FPS in 1024*768.. in 800*600 it was 50-60.. quite strange, isn't it? :))

With the non-patched version it runs smoothly in 1024*768 (except for the Graveyard.. ) but I can't get FSAA working. With neither versions. Well, actually I can use FSAA but if I do that I lose some special effects in the game, for example the "heat haze" effect in Hall of Seasons corridor with loads of traps.

Any solution for working FSAA?

(my video card is a Radeon 9700 Pro, DX version 9, Catalyst version 3.5)

Kman2003
8th Jul 2003, 20:28
Well, i installed the patch and it solved the lockups i was getting after level loads, however, like Dead_Angel, i also cannot see the FMV but only hear them, and i have screwed around with the settings, and at my wits end on that one:( Hopefully there will be another patch to correct this issue. I have an Nvidia Geforce FX 5600.

Dead_Angel
8th Jul 2003, 23:26
Originally posted by Kman2003
Well, i installed the patch and it solved the lockups i was getting after level loads, however, like Dead_Angel, i also cannot see the FMV but only hear them, and i have screwed around with the settings, and at my wits end on that one:( Hopefully there will be another patch to correct this issue. I have an Nvidia Geforce FX 5600.

yes, we are in the same boat :( sucks doesnt it?

Kman2003
8th Jul 2003, 23:41
Well, no matter what i do, those FMV will not work, still can only hear them, but aside from that, it appeared at first to me that the patch resolved the lockup issues i got after level loads, well, the problem has improved, but the lockups still do take place, just not as often, so problem not fixed in patch as i had hoped:(

Xleon
9th Jul 2003, 08:53
Are there plans for any other patches? I would of thought they'd be knocking out patches left-right and centre for this, but we've only got the one so far.

Are they leaving it at that or going for one _huge_ patch somewhere in Autumn that actually finishes the code? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ambit
10th Jul 2003, 00:08
Hi,

Although everything was running pretty smoothly, I decided to install the patch because I just got to the part where the cafe bar man has a hole for a head... However, after installing the patch, the game won't even start at all. After choosing to run the game, it goes into full screen mode, then the black screen closes, and I'm returned to Windows with a big dialogue box titled "Application Error" saying:

Build Jul 2 2003 17:17:10

Generic Game Error

ASSERTION: 'SUCCEEDED(hr)' at C:\projects\tomb raider\Game\shell\system\PC\sys_d3d_vmr9.cpp(1568)

What the? I don't even have a folder called c:\projects etc - it is as though the patch is only a test build or something. Has anybody else had this problem? And if so, how did you solve it?

In the meantime, I'm going back to the unpatched version...

Cheers,
KB

MaraJade
12th Jul 2003, 06:14
I too am having patch woes. Anyone else gettings this error when they start up the game after installing the patch?

Unknown file, please insert eh correct disk for: data\fmv\eidos.mpg

I've looked and the file is definitely there, on my hard drive!

MariosAlice
2nd Aug 2003, 05:50
Originally posted by SnAcKeR

I agree with you about a controls patch.
Though I prefer a new 3d style.

In TR AOD mouse only works in 2d (orizontal view) while Lara moves. In most games mouse works in 3d (you may see in any direction) during the game play.

I've also noticed that the AOD needs to frequently load new screens in memory while moving Lara from one area to anotherso I have to wait for the new scenery to come up. In most games this doesn't happen.