PDA

View Full Version : DLC Discussions

Sefyre
1st Jun 2012, 15:29
So I admit to being something of a completionist when it comes to games and so I was wondering if North America will ever see the rest of the DLCs that were released elsewhere (like Squall's Kingdom Hearts outfit released in Japan and released in the EU in the Legacy Edition, but nowhere in the NA region) for Dissidia [012].

Automaton
1st Jun 2012, 15:40
One of the other ones we're missing is the Type-0 Gilgamesh that was... I think given out for one of the tournaments over in Japan.

YoshiKatYoko
1st Jun 2012, 15:48
I think it will be not. It's a region lock thing, so you can't do anything. Unless you're playing on a ****. PSP, and having a DD UMD ****. Version. You will automatically get a code for either 2 DLC costumes. The rest is purchasable through ****. PSN.

Sefyre
1st Jun 2012, 15:52
One of the other ones we're missing is the Type-0 Gilgamesh that was... I think given out for one of the tournaments over in Japan.

Definitely. Though the Gilgamesh DLC was made available in Japan by attending a tournament, apparently it was also available to be redeemed through their members' points, too.

Not having the Type-0 DLC I can deal with if only because it was very much an exclusive Japan-only thing. But Squall got released to the EU so why not NA? I mean, Tifa's DLC did and so did Aya Brea's.

Sefyre
1st Jun 2012, 15:55
I think it will be not. It's a region lock thing, so you can't do anything. Unless you're playing on a ****. PSP, and having a DD UMD ****. Version. You will automatically get a code for either 2 DLC costumes. The rest is purchasable through ****. PSN.

I understand about region locking, but I really doubt that region locking is the reason.

I mean, Tifa's outfit and Cloud's outfit were made available across all three areas - Japan, EU, and NA - so why not Squall who was made available across Japan and EU but not NA?

Automaton
1st Jun 2012, 15:57
Tifa's was an exclusive preorder bonus and Aya required the purchase of The 3rd Birthday. They aren't in the PSN store, either, and I don't think they're likely to be added now that the game's been out for a while.

EDIT: PSN (and therefore download content) is region-locked, but the games themselves are not.

Sefyre
1st Jun 2012, 16:06
Squall's was a bonus that came with the Tifa DLC bonus (it was an either-or situation, I believe) in the EU's Legacy Edition and Cloud's was a Gamestop pre-order bonus in NA like Tifa's was a pre-order bonus from Amazon in NA (which a lot of people had issues with since Amazon was having issues with distribution) and yeah, Aya Brea was a bonus from purchasing 3rd Birthday.

Though I doubt NA will get what's missing because of how the DLC distribution ended up to be and how there hasn't been anything else released to the PSN, I'm kind of bummed to be missing something that we could have very well been given access to.

ultrafantasy
2nd Jun 2012, 22:08
Hey is it ok to show the link to get every dlc and the musichttp://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-cool.gif ? Includes Gilgamish type-o form . Some musics like ff1-3 has been replace with other music from other ff series

Summoner
4th Jun 2012, 09:35
You never know, they might decide to make DLC available cause I mean it just means more money for them.

onigiri619
4th Jun 2012, 17:02

T_T was really looking foreward for that outfit...

new_tradition
26th Jun 2012, 18:46
I only bought the EU Legacy Edition because I wanted Squall's KH Leon's alt. costume. I can't play with anyone here, but I can't say I'm that upset about it, lol.

For Gilgamesh's DLC, I thought that would be packaged with Type-0, but since it's taking a surprisingly long time to come out, I don't know about that bonus anymore...

Carlos
30th Jun 2012, 06:02
I wish they would release the Squall and Gilgamesh costumes. Also, I would like Square-Enix to release their downloadable "official quests" in North America / Europe - more play time and story whats not to like? :)

member_10016822
9th Jul 2012, 22:42
I only bought the EU Legacy Edition because I wanted Squall's KH Leon's alt. costume. I can't play with anyone here, but I can't say I'm that upset about it, lol.

I did this as well. I guess this is the Squall fan club thread (with a little Gilgamesh love)

member_10084729
17th Jul 2012, 04:47
Would be nice for those omitted or otherwise exclusive DLC's to come to the PSN.

member_10016822
25th Jul 2012, 21:21
unfortunatly this late in the game it's unlikely. I sure would love to have the KH Squall outfit on my NA version of the game though

member_10808848
10th Aug 2012, 12:05
unfortunatly this late in the game it's unlikely. I sure would love to have the KH Squall outfit on my NA version of the game though

me too/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-cry.gif

OmegaMarkVIII
1st Mar 2013, 03:46
Seriously i've I still want this DLC.

krysalus132
3rd May 2013, 19:25
Hey square i would realllllllly like it if u would release clouds dlc kh outfit and squalls to psn i really love those guys an its kind of unfair that u keep everyone waiting for their dlc.... they no longer exist any where except Europe and thats not cool....please tell me u have a release date....itd b a shame if i couldnt enjoy them and let my lil kid brother enjoy them too as well as the thousands of fans who want the outfits

krysalus132
3rd May 2013, 19:53
Guys dont give up !!!! square enix is like our boss monster they are the omega weapon.... ifff we keep talking about itan show them how bright our souls burn then they have to give in to our determination at some point. do whatever u can make multiple forums talking avout how much u want the dlcs to come out. theyre gunna have to notice at some point

member_10109234
3rd May 2013, 21:41
Cloud's DLC was a Pre-order bonus from GameStop. I think Squall's is the only one that is not released in the US.

I have the Cloud's DLC but I don't have Tifa's since I ordered from GameStop and not Amazon.

Grimoire
4th May 2013, 04:03
This thread does not belong in the [FINAL FANTASY XIII-XIV Forum (http://na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139235/235423/final_fantasy_xiii-xiv_forum)], but in the [Dissidia/Dissidia [012] Duodecim/Prologus: FINAL FANTASY (http://na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139235/233995/DissidiaDissidia_012_DuodecimPrologus:_FINAL_FANTASY)] forum.

krysalus132
4th May 2013, 11:20
Wouldnt it be nice if u could get them all ?

krysalus132
5th May 2013, 17:44
I wish alllllll of the dlc would come to usa psn its not fair that europe has access to almost all of them

krysalus132
11th May 2013, 22:08
Sqex neeeeeeeeeeeeeds to release the dlc for this game alll of it every outfit even the type o alll of ot just let it rain dowm on us but release the dlc dudes!!!!

krysalus132
13th May 2013, 00:40
If anybody has any character outfirs they wouldnt mind giving away please shoot me an inbox message so we can discuss uhmm compensation or trading maybe ? I would greatly appreciate it if u do

RENZOKUKEN97
27th May 2013, 18:49
Dear, Square Enix I have been a big fan of the Dissidia series for a long time now. It's the first game that actually made want to get a PSP, and is my favorite game series. I've bought all of the DLC for this game and I don't think it would be complete, until I got
<table class="table">
<tbody>
<tr><th class="D012b">Cecil Harvey (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Cecil_Harvey/Dissidia)'s "Knight of the Twin Moon" Costume

</th></tr>
</tbody>
</table>

<table class="table">
<tbody>
<tr><th class="D012b">Gilgamesh (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Gilgamesh/Dissidia)'s "Great Genbu Armor" Costume

</th></tr>
</tbody>
</table>

<table class="table">
<tbody>
<tr><th class="D012b">Cloud Strife (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Cloud_Strife/Dissidia)'s "Kingdom Hearts Gear" Costume

</th></tr>
</tbody>
</table>
<table class="table">
<tbody>
<tr><th class="D012b">Tifa Lockhart (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Tifa_Lockhart/Dissidia)'s "Enforcer" Costume

</th></tr>
</tbody>
</table>

<table class="table">
<tbody>
<tr><th class="D012b">Squall Leonhart (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Squall_Leonhart/Dissidia)'s "<abbr title="Listed as ''KINGDOM HEARTS Gear'' on the EU PlayStation Store">Leon</abbr>" Costume

</th></tr>
</tbody>
</table>

<table class="table">
<tbody>
<tr><th class="D012b">Vaan (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Vaan/Dissidia)'s "<abbr title="Listed as ''Pirate's Garb'' on the EU PlayStation Store">Pirate</abbr>" Costume

</th></tr>
</tbody>
</table>

Take note that I live in North America, so please Square Enix can please release the DLC on PSN in North America. Just don't do it for me do it for all the Dissidia 012 players, so who ever is reading this at Square Enix please try to release the DLC.

valdrake
24th Jun 2013, 20:05
I'm with you actually, I loved this game was by far one of the best mash up of character chaos i've ever seen.

But alas, the DLC was rather insane with it. To get all the DLC you basically needed to preorder and purchase the game from two companies, then purchase "3rd Birthday" and "FFVI: Complete Collection" on there first run. And then that still will leave out two costumes from both Squall (Leon) and Gilgamesh. Sadly after 2 years since the release i highly doubt we'll ever see them.

Though Vaan's Pirate costume, that came from the market, I sware thats how I got it...

duohaggard
29th Jun 2013, 23:08
Im with you

Albert05
7th Mar 2014, 19:08
Hahaha I have all the dlc costumes :rasp::rasp::rasp:

Grimoire
8th Mar 2014, 01:43
Even the Japan-exclusive Type-0 Gilgamesh?