PDA

View Full Version : FFXIV: Platform Discussions

Paladin_Locke
24th May 2013, 15:56
I was reading about how you need to tie your PSN ID to your FFXIV account in order to play on the PS3. That said, I have a situation that could possibly become a problem.

So, I pre-ordered my PC Collector's Edition earlier today. However, my girlfriend is planning on playing along with me through our PS3. Now, I understand that she will need to tie her PSN ID to her FFXIV account. So, what if I wanted to use my PC account on our PS3 at some point? Would I simply be able to use the already installed client and simply attach my PC account to my PSN ID, or will I be required to purchase a second PS3 disc just to attach my account to my PSN ID?

I'd really like the freedom to access my account on either system at any time I wish. Buying a second copy seems like a waste to me.

Thanks!

Tachimeh
26th May 2013, 20:33
What do you think will be the ratio of people playing on pc and ps3? Do you think there will be more pc or ps3 users? ^.^

Mischiefmaker
26th May 2013, 22:16
That's a tough one. I would have to go with more PS3 users since it will work for sure on a PS3, since they might remember how FF14 v1 wasnt so PC friendly. http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif

Tachimeh
26th May 2013, 22:29
I see where you're coming from. ^.^ That's the same thing I thought too. Will it just be one huge server?

Mischiefmaker
26th May 2013, 22:42
If it's like FFXI then each world is composed of various servers that function together. :3

Tachimeh
26th May 2013, 22:57
Ahh. This is probably a dumb question, but will ps3 and pc player be playing on the same server interacting with each other?

KJB25
2nd Jun 2013, 20:28
I believe I read that it will be. Also one of the reasons I'm excited for this game, I'll be able to play on my ps3 with my gf who will be on the PC--

because I don't have a gaming pc ):

x3Noctis
2nd Jun 2013, 22:12
Seeing as how DC Universe is kind of like ARR on that department. (Except DC Universe's PS3 and PC Users are split into 2 different servers.) There will probably be more PS3 users than PC users. I mean I play DC Universe and their forum is mostly full of PS3 users. So annoying since you can't find a guild that easily in the forums if you're a PC user. I'm glad that's not the case with ARR.

Fubar4585
2nd Jun 2013, 23:18
With DC in particular it's one of the only MMOs available for ps3. If not the only one I'm not too sure. : ) That's also a reason to say that there maybe more PS3 users than PC. Aside from the dry market for console MMOs there's also a couple of points..not everyone has a PC for gaming or can't afford to upgrade to these standards, and buying a PS3 is MUCH cheaper plus you wouldn't have to worry about performance issues. All in all it's a great move for them to make the game available for both IMO. Also being able to play together(PC,PS3) no matter what just makes for more friends, more parties, and good times. Very excited to see this game in action.

Tachimeh
2nd Jun 2013, 23:50
I see where you guys are coming from and I actually haved played dcuo on pc and I play it on ps3 and the population difference in just the starting areas is ridiculous. You would think that they are two completely different games. (Population Wise)O.o

xiong
5th Jun 2013, 17:38
I really hope the servers are all connected. I also hope they put out XIV ARR on PS4, I think it would look just as great on PC. I'm buying it for PS3, but if they upgrade it to the next gen console then I am also upgrading my game. That is if they keep the servers together I can still use the same character. Very excited for this game.

Also. Does anyone know if there are trophies for the PS3 version??

x3Noctis
5th Jun 2013, 17:48
I really hope the servers are all connected. I also hope they put out XIV ARR on PS4, I think it would look just as great on PC. I'm buying it for PS3, but if they upgrade it to the next gen console then I am also upgrading my game. That is if they keep the servers together I can still use the same character. Very excited for this game.

Also. Does anyone know if there are trophies for the PS3 version??

I kind of doubt it.

Edit: I doubt the trophies thing. Not the PS4. They want the game to be for PS3 users right away but eventually when PS4 is stable and everything's okay. I believe they'll work with PS4 as well. Especially since most consoles that barely came out will not have that many games. So they'll take advantage of that and sell FFXIV:ARR for PS4 to have more players.

I mean that's great market stratedgy. Sometimes I would buy the best game for that console instead of waiting for new games to come out since I want to test out the console for example.

member_10547357
8th Jun 2013, 19:04
My guess is that there will be more PC players (eventually) than ps3. The servers will be connected, I'm almost sure of this since in FFXI there were PS2, Xbox 360 and PC players playing all together.

xEZO
16th Jun 2013, 22:51
I currently have a pc registration code for beta phase 3 if anyone has a ps3 code to trade let me know i will email you.

HF.f1Aw
16th Jun 2013, 23:24
you need both codes to play on ps3. just sayin

moooka
17th Jun 2013, 01:57
The code you have is for the beta tester account, it can be used on both the PS3 and PC. However, to play on the PS3 you also need a second code that you redeem on the PlayStation Store in order to download the game client.

xEZO
17th Jun 2013, 09:10
ya I know I need two for ps3 my computer is down for the count so I cant play ff on it anymore but I have a ps3 so I figured if anyone wanted to play it on pc instead of ps3 I would trade them the code for pc because I only have the code for that.

HF.f1Aw
17th Jun 2013, 09:18
no no u dont understand. you cant trade them you NEED both codes. as in the PC code and ps3 code in order to play on ps3. u need the pc code to activate your square enix account and you need the ps3 code to access the client. but without both you wont be able to play at all

xEZO
17th Jun 2013, 09:26
To play on ps3 beta square enix will send you a email with two codes. So if someone wanted to play on the pc I couldnt just trade my 1 code for their 2 codes?

HF.f1Aw
17th Jun 2013, 09:45
you only receieved an email with one code in it? lol cuz even the PC players were getting 2 codes

HF.f1Aw
17th Jun 2013, 09:45
you only receieved an email with one code in it? lol cuz even the PC players were getting 2 codes

xEZO
17th Jun 2013, 09:54
ya mine only had one code says it was for the pc registration.

HF.f1Aw
17th Jun 2013, 10:01
ah they sent most people with pc registration 2 codes so they could play on ps3 :/ thats odd. guess they stopped that. i'm unsure as to how many people have a spare ps3 code but best of luck to you in finding one!

tlclpd
19th Jun 2013, 01:53
I'm currently in a pickle on if I want to get it for the PC or PS3.

I want to get it for the PS3 so I could play with my PSN friends, but I have a crap 90's tv (living in dorm when this comes out- no money to buy a new tv). So seeing things and reading things would be quite difficult.

PC just so I can frecken see, read, and actually have good graphics to play.

So my question is that I think I read somewhere in the past it said that PC versions and PS3 versions will be playing on the same servers. Like if I buy a PC version I can play with friends on the PS3 while being on the PC. Is this true? so I wont need to but both versions? If so then i'll get the PC version if not then I'll just bear not reading things on the PS3.

member_10495996
19th Jun 2013, 01:55
PS3 and PC will be on the same servers

tlclpd
19th Jun 2013, 02:01
sweet that means I can play with my ps3 friend even if im playing on pc. finaaaaaly I will be able to read text without going even more blind!

member_10495996
19th Jun 2013, 02:03
lol yeah good luck to ya man have fun

tlclpd
19th Jun 2013, 02:06
this saves me from buying for the ps4 too LOL.

x3Noctis
19th Jun 2013, 04:13
Good call mate. Plus you'll have an easier time chatting with them.

zubin.ajjamada
21st Jun 2013, 04:38
I have a CE Pre-order down on the PS3 verison, But I want to play on a console when my friends are online.

I was wondering for those that purchase the PS3 version, are they entitled to the PC version too? like this beta, you can play on the PC AND PS3 via one registration code.

I would love to have the choice to choose what version to play...instead of plopping down 2 amounts of money for the same game...?

Grimoire
21st Jun 2013, 04:40
This thread belongs in the [FINAL FANTASY XIII-XIV Forum (http://na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139235/235423/final_fantasy_xiii-xiv_forum)].

---

[Before posting a new thread...] (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235/29966925/Before_posting_a_new_thread...)

zubin.ajjamada
21st Jun 2013, 04:57
I wasnt able to acces those forums via choosing it in the list of sub-forums, it kep taking me to the Lodestone page =/

But you're link works thank you.

zubin.ajjamada
21st Jun 2013, 04:58
I have a CE Pre-order down on the PS3 verison, But I want to play on a console when my friends are online.

I was wondering for those that purchase the PS3 version, are they entitled to the PC version too? like this beta, you can play on the PC AND PS3 via one registration code.

I would love to have the choice to choose what version to play...instead of plopping down 2 amounts of money for the same game...?

shinobi_no_mono
21st Jun 2013, 05:56
ps3 version bro that the one should be yuh choice

Grimoire
21st Jun 2013, 07:30
That's because they are two separate forums. The [FINAL FANTASY XIII-XIV Forum (http://na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139235/235423/final_fantasy_xiii-xiv_forum)] is still part of this site, so using that category for your FFXIV-related questions should to the trick.

zubin.ajjamada
21st Jun 2013, 15:18
Already have the PS3 Collector's Edition pre-ordered.

Was just wondering if owning one version entitled the Buyer to both versions seeing as how FFXIV is cross-platform gaming.

Is there even any difference in the collector's edition for PC and PS3, other than one is the PC version and the other is PS3... ?

demyxx
21st Jun 2013, 15:21
No?

You have to have both.

Sorrior
22nd Jun 2013, 15:22
So I was wondering if I get BOTH the PC and PS3 versions of the game will I be able to link them and play the same characters on both machines? This applies to the PS4 as well.

moooka
23rd Jun 2013, 03:45
Yes, I tried this with the beta to play the same character on both platforms. Should be the same on PS4 since they all use the same servers.

Sorrior
23rd Jun 2013, 11:10
Ok cool and thanks alot. Both pre ordered....Getting ps3 ce and a digital PC ersion.

NoxAeternam
24th Jun 2013, 15:23
I got into the beta for FFXIV:ARR and was extremely excited. I downloaded it onto my PS3 and played for a while, enjoying every minute of it. However, I forgot to take into account my vacation, starting the next day. I brought my laptop on this vacation, but not my PS3. I'm dying to continue my testing of this amazing game; is there any way I can download it onto my PC and continue? Or was the beta limited to the PS3 version? Thanks!

member_10454670
24th Jun 2013, 17:19
I got into the beta for FFXIV:ARR and was extremely excited. I downloaded it onto my PS3 and played for a while, enjoying every minute of it. However, I forgot to take into account my vacation, starting the next day. I brought my laptop on this vacation, but not my PS3. I'm dying to continue my testing of this amazing game; is there any way I can download it onto my PC and continue? Or was the beta limited to the PS3 version? Thanks!

The beta is occurring on both platforms, but you would have needed to apply for both, and have been accepted for both, which would have also involved seperate beta keys.

demyxx
24th Jun 2013, 17:26
If you were accepeted to previous Beta's then yes you can still play.

moooka
25th Jun 2013, 05:17
All you need is to go to the beta tester forum, download the PC client, then login with the same Square Enix ID.

Dracul_God
25th Jun 2013, 15:16
I was super stoked to turn on my ps3 this morning and see that I was chosen for the closed beta for Final Fantasy XIV. Now I'm just curious when the next beta will be for the PS 3?

LeetNinjadan
3rd Jul 2013, 13:33
I know that in FFXIV: ARR, you will be able to play with those who are playing on a PC and vice versa with a PS3. My actual question is this. If someone who buys like, lets say, a Collector's Edition of FFXIV: ARR for PS3 and they create an account, redeem the item codes, and create their character using a PS3, will they be able to access the account that has the redeem items and character on the PC version of FFXIV: ARR?

xxCresentxx
3rd Jul 2013, 14:15
maybe.

sqex_3618783
3rd Jul 2013, 14:32
Yes, because the collector's items are stored on your account.

It is literally no different than say buying a collector's edition to some other MMO and then playing on your friend's PC, you will still have access to those items because they are on your account.

What console you preordered on or are playing on currently is irrelevant.

Tsukinikawatte
5th Jul 2013, 00:05
Hey everyone, so like those here been lovin the beta, but I have a few questions. I bought the CE on ps3, but what if I want the game on pc too? If I want the CE stuff on pc as well do i have to buy two collector's editions? Let me clarify... If I buy the CE on ps3 and redeem all the goodies, if i log into the pc version will all those goodies be on the same account if they are linked? Or are the pre-order and CE goodies only good for that platform? In other words can I access all the goodies and my character on both pc and ps3?

Sorry hope this makes sense. I'm asking because if I have my pc with me when I travel If I log in I would hope I could play on pc, then when i get back home log in to my ps3 version and pick up from there.

This way If I only have to buy one CE then I don't have to take a pc CE from someone who wants one. Also wanted to add if accounts will be accessable in ps4 version.

member_10064458
5th Jul 2013, 00:32
Characters and items are bound to your account, so platform won't matter. I believe they said people that registered their game for 1.0 (PC) will be able to redownload the client without purchase. So maybe people who purchase the PS3 version will be able to do the same. Although I am not certain of this so please don't quote me on that.

Tsukinikawatte
5th Jul 2013, 13:59
Just curious cause If I can buy just the one CE then I'd be better off as the pc version is hard to order. Most of the items i want from the Square store keep getting errors.

member_10395103
8th Jul 2013, 13:03
So today I decided to pre-purchase the Collectors Edition of the game on PC, but I know in the future I'll be getting a PS4 and might want to play this on my console at times. Does anyone know if I'll have to purchase the game again for console, or will it just be a download that will sync with my PC account?

Thanks.

member_10395103
8th Jul 2013, 13:03
So today I decided to pre-purchase the Collectors Edition of the game on PC, but I know in the future I'll be getting a PS4 and might want to play this on my console at times. Does anyone know if I'll have to purchase the game again for console, or will it just be a download that will sync with my PC account?

Thanks.

ExHumor
8th Jul 2013, 13:13
I couldn't tell you how that would work out in the future...

I do know however, if you've been chosen for the PS3 Beta, you can do both, download the game on the console, and the PC, and your account is linked with your PSN account, thus allowing you to go from the console to your PC.

Now the problem here is that, I'm not too sure how you would go about doing it the other way around. Simply put, you would need to redeem a "key", in order to download the game to your console in the future, however, without having the 15-digit code provided somewhere in order for you to download FF 14 to you console. This is why I would be unsure how it would work the other way around.

While your account is linked, in the future if Square Enix doesn't setup some kind of system where you could download the game for free on your console. The troublesome part about that, is Square is probably more then likely out to make money, so, my guess is; you'll end up having to purchase another copy.

(EDIT: Why did you make two threads? lol)

So in short as of now, there would be no possible way around this from PC to console, but the work-around seems to work from console to PC. I'm sure Square will figure something out in the future.

PsyFerrous
8th Jul 2013, 14:32
I believe that you need to get the ps3 version and then you can log in from you pc after you have an account. but not the other way around. that was my understanding. but i could be wrong. anyone know for sure?

On a similar note I just preordered a ps4 will we be able to use this game on the new console? ld like to order the collectors edition also but i wonder if it will transfer.

member_10395103
8th Jul 2013, 14:48
I know that the in-game items and content provided by the Collector's Edition will transfer by account, but I'm not sure that the PS4 can read PS3 game disc.

Atma-Weapon
8th Jul 2013, 15:03
The latest news is that the PS4 won't have any backwards compatibility, so you'll most likely have to buy another copy unless they offer the software for free on the new PSN for PS4.

Aromyth
8th Jul 2013, 15:03
Currently no a PS4 can NOT read a PS3 disc

kembs
8th Jul 2013, 16:23
euhh a quick google and PS annouced themselves that if you own a PS3 copy you will be able to play on PS4. The game is linked to your PSN account therefore it will probably downloadable....

blog.us.playstation.com/2013/06/12/final... (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/06/12/final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn-coming-to-playstation-4-plus-the-e3-trailer/comment-page-2/)

Announced at the Square Enix (http://blog.us.playstation.com/tag/square-enix/) Future of Final Fantasy E3 (http://blog.us.playstation.com/tag/e313/) conference, it was confirmed that gamers who purchase thePlayStation 3 (http://blog.us.playstation.com/category/ps3/) version of the game will be able to transition their accounts to the PlayStation 4 version when it’s released in 2014.

member_10395103
8th Jul 2013, 23:17
euhh a quick google and PS annouced themselves that if you own a PS3 copy you will be able to play on PS4. The game is linked to your PSN account therefore it will probably downloadable....

blog.us.playstation.com/2013/06/12/final... (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/06/12/final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn-coming-to-playstation-4-plus-the-e3-trailer/comment-page-2/)

Announced at the Square Enix (http://blog.us.playstation.com/tag/square-enix/) Future of Final Fantasy E3 (http://blog.us.playstation.com/tag/e313/) conference, it was confirmed that gamers who purchase thePlayStation 3 (http://blog.us.playstation.com/category/ps3/) version of the game will be able to transition their accounts to the PlayStation 4 version when it’s released in 2014.

My question wasn't PS3 to PS4, it was PC to PS4. Did a "quick google search" and came up with nothing, which is why I created this thread. Luckily, my question was answered by this video interview posted is afternoon.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DXrfijhk_Q (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DXrfijhk_Q)

venkaramon
9th Jul 2013, 03:32
If pc to ps4 or ps3 you'd have to buy another copy

Doubledash
10th Aug 2013, 10:32
Hi!
Dash here.

This is my first post in this forum, so please tell me if this is in the wrong section.
I was wondering if I should get FFXIV:ARR for PS3 or PC, but then read that both platforms will be able to play together. Is this true? And if so, to what extent? Will there be exclusive PS3 and PC servers, and some cross-platform servers, or will all servers be open for both platforms so that it doesn't really matter if you play the game on PS3 or PC? I guess what I'm really curious about is: can I log in and play the character I've created on PC on a PS3, and the other way around? If so I plan on having both versions, as I enjoy playing on my PS3, but still want the game on my PC.

Thank you in advance for all helpful replies!

I was supposed to play in beta, but I haven't had the chance due to traveling. Looking forward to play the game with you all on release! :)
-Dash

Doubledash
10th Aug 2013, 11:00
I found the answer myself by doing some more research! Thought I would post it here for those who have the same question as I had.
It seems like it doesn't matter if you play the game on PS3 or PC. You can log on to the same character on different platforms. And this is not restricted to certain servers, but apply to all of them. So really, the only thing that could restrict you is the area for each server.

What I also fond in this article: http://www.giantbomb.com/final-fantasy-xiv-online-a-realm-reborn/3030-26847/
Is that addons will be available for both PS3 and PC, which is awesome!

If you have some more info, or anything to add to this subject, please do so!

OsfaOsfa
20th Aug 2013, 00:22
If i am playing on the PC version, would i be able to access my account data and character if i log into the PS3 version?

Mashr2010
20th Aug 2013, 00:32
The simple answer to that is yes. When logging into the PS3 you simply sign in with your account details. However, the addition to the simple answer is that you have to also buy and register the PS3 version to your Square Enix account in order to play on the PS3. You just have to add the PS3 version to the service account you are using for the PC version so you can retain your character data and items between both platforms.

OsfaOsfa
20th Aug 2013, 00:34
Yea, my brother will have the PS3 version. I'm planning on getting the PC version.
Thanks for answering.

SageJMP
20th Aug 2013, 00:42
My account had access to both the ps3 and pc beta during phase 3. I was able to play my character on both platforms, which was pretty cool.

I assume it will also be the same for a PS4 version when that gets released.

Mashr2010
20th Aug 2013, 00:52
My account had access to both the ps3 and pc beta during phase 3. I was able to play my character on both platforms, which was pretty cool.

I assume it will also be the same for a PS4 version when that gets released.

It should be the same with the PS4 version, yes. They have announced that they are going to make it a smooth transition to go from the PS3 to the PS4 versions. So that should mean that you'll have access on the PS4 to your characters and everything else related to your account as well as the PS3 and PC.

eithk20
20th Aug 2013, 06:53
If i buy this game on my ps3 can i also play it on my computer? ty in advance for answering this noob question ^_^

Magnus00
20th Aug 2013, 07:01
Yes you can. your FF account can be use in both

eithk20
20th Aug 2013, 07:24
thankyou sir magmus.. but i read the other thread if you want to play on both platform you need to buy the pc digital download and ps3 download even though same account? i just want to confirm this..

Magnus00
20th Aug 2013, 07:53
You will be using one account and that account can cross play with PC and PS3, but to be able to install the game in pc or ps3 device you need the actually software to install it. You can get both pc and ps3 it's your choice but means you will need to buy actual 2 game for it. In that case you will have 2 game codes so you have a game code spare, it's your choice what you want to do with your extra game code. My advice if you have Friends that are going to play FFxiv and you know which platform they going to get, you can pick the one his/her opposite choice and you can use that to install it to one of your device so you can cross play if you want to play in your PC or ps3 and that will save you money.

eithk20
20th Aug 2013, 08:02
o ok2 ty sir.. but i played in obt i have both client in ps3 and pc can use that client to play in ps3 and pc this coming EA?

Magnus00
20th Aug 2013, 08:14
Yes you shouldn't have any problem cross playing to your pc or ps3. Just log in to you account.

eithk20
20th Aug 2013, 08:20
ok thankyouverymuch sir magnus!! ^_^ 1 more question sir so no need to buy 2 code ea? just 1?

Magnus00
20th Aug 2013, 08:36
No problem. if you have both pc and ps3 you should have two codes for each purchase you did for your pc and ps3 they come with it when you buy them. but you can only register one code for it (registering both of them is not really going to matter because your using 1 account for it) unless you planning to make another account and dual-boxing it. But again that is your choice on what you want to do with it. I hope this help.

Leks_Light
21st Aug 2013, 17:40
Has entered key ( PC version ). randomly chose the PS3 platform. it registered me and gave the key to the PS3. and in the profile to change the platform from the PC on the PS3. how to change on the PC version?

Amcathra
21st Aug 2013, 18:00
FFXIV SUPPORT (http://support.eu.square-enix.com/main.php?id=5383&la=2)

Leks_Light
21st Aug 2013, 18:03
I know of. thank you) just until the turn comes up to me (about two hours) wanted to know here.

Picanico
22nd Aug 2013, 04:12
Hey, the title pretty much says it. Anyone have this problem and found a fix for it? How will I be able to play early access on my ps3? D< Please help.

Ravittsu
22nd Aug 2013, 04:16
everyone has pretty much had the same problem.
my problems was fixed when i registered my EA pre order code on the redemption site.
try doing that again

Mashr2010
22nd Aug 2013, 04:16
Hey, the title pretty much says it. Anyone have this problem and found a fix for it? How will I be able to play early access on my ps3? D< Please help.

It's just an error with the registration for the Early Access codes. However, this will not affect the actual registration of the game nor your early access registration and is basically merely cosmetic. You are all set to play early access on the PS3 if that is what you registered your Pre-Order code for.

Hippy_Pickle
22nd Aug 2013, 07:49
I finally got mine sorted last night. I got the error and it showed as PC on profile, my wife then received her reg code and I'd read that clearing your browser cache can help after getting the errors. So I did that and hers worked straight away and she got the PS3 code. I tried with mine though and still got the error 3 message.

I decided to leave it and went to play a little Borderlands 2 with the wife. When we finished the thought occured to me to try my PS3 browser (been using PC before) and BOOM it worked straight away. Both codes now done on the PS3 and didn't need to download the client again as already had it from the beta and in the account management under transactions>service list it shows we have the early access. I'm in a rather good mood now today :D

aphla5
22nd Aug 2013, 19:47
i used my pre-order code and it came up pc instead of ps3 and i need the ea for ps3. can we change it or just leave it alone and still get my stuff on ea day on ps3?

Evarice
23rd Aug 2013, 22:24
Anyone else interested in having the ability to use the PC interface while playing on a PS3? (Since Ps3 can use mice) I would really like to get good opinions on this topic and keep this thread ""Living"". I already emailed and dropped the suggestion. If we can get the community behind this maybe they would be willing to do it.

Evarice
23rd Aug 2013, 22:29
Bump

Evarice
23rd Aug 2013, 22:51
bump

Kirithx
24th Aug 2013, 03:29
I pre-ordered from gamestop, and I followed the instructions to redeem the code. I got to the site and entered everything correctly, but when I clicked PC and clicked redeem code it gave me a PS3 code. Is there anything that can be done to fix this?

Kirithx
24th Aug 2013, 03:56
bump

Mashr2010
24th Aug 2013, 04:13
I pre-ordered from gamestop, and I followed the instructions to redeem the code. I got to the site and entered everything correctly, but when I clicked PC and clicked redeem code it gave me a PS3 code. Is there anything that can be done to fix this?

I am unsure, you may have to call Square Enix customer support to help you with that issue, their number is 1-310-846-0345. I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful than that! D:

Kirithx
24th Aug 2013, 04:21
Am I able to use this code more than once? I keep clicking PC version, but it continues to give me PS3...

Soonkyu
24th Aug 2013, 04:39
I'm having the exact same problem. Please advise.

Godsgifts
24th Aug 2013, 05:01
I just bought the game this afternoon, i received the email for the registration code after i got home from work... So when i went to http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com i tried to redeem my Early Access code.... It turns out the "PC" windows code that was sent to me didn't work correctly.... I tried redeeming for PC and i got "Error 3 Please try again later".. So i figured let me try and see if it'll work for the PS3 version because maybe they could have sent me the incorrect code.. Turns out it works for the PS3 version... sadly.. i do not own a PS3... Can someone please shed some light on why i could use my PC registration code on the PS3 selection and have it give me my early access code for PS3... WHEN ITS A WINDOWS PC VERSION CODE?! HALP ..... Early Access is in an hour..

BrainBreezy
24th Aug 2013, 05:25
might just be an error. prolly still works for pc.

Godsgifts
24th Aug 2013, 05:46
I got a email telling me about my PS3 version information..... When previously i got an email with the registration code for PC version.... something is wrong... i have a PS3 code not a PC code, and i got the email to prove so...

Tisairi
24th Aug 2013, 07:09
Same thing seems to be happening to me... this launch is a joke

mhb112
24th Aug 2013, 07:17
Same thing here. I don't even own a ps3. No idea what to do now. When I try to register my code and click "PC version", it tells me congradulations on registering, here is your ps3 redemption code. No way to download the pc version.

Tisairi
24th Aug 2013, 07:26
That is what mine is doing too. I even checked to see if I preordered the wrong one and it is PC... even Square Enix has me registered for FF14 PC. Anyway I am going to bed after wasting the night on this, if SE doesn't get their act together by morning I am cancelling my order and finding another game.

Kirithx
24th Aug 2013, 08:19
Same problem here

Kirithx
24th Aug 2013, 09:56
bump

24th Aug 2013, 09:58
bump

Zubeau3
24th Aug 2013, 10:18
Same for me. Pre-ordered PC and got a PS3 code. I'm not gonna hold my breath for customer support on a weekend though...

gregory69
24th Aug 2013, 11:07
bonjour je voudrais de l'aide j'ai fais une betise j'ai mis mon compte numeros ff14 arr 1 du jeux sur PC ke je voulais mettre sur PS3 comment faire pour le mettre sur PS3 et faire l'inverse avec le compte ff14 arr 2 svp

Kirithx
24th Aug 2013, 21:13
bump

Nodiskus4real
24th Aug 2013, 21:17
I'm so sick of this crap, I don't even want to get 'Early Access' anymore, I just want my damn key for PC. Its what I paid for, why is Square Enix so difficult? I've already sent in two emails asking for an explanation at least. Nothing, not a damn thing for a day now.

Kirithx
24th Aug 2013, 21:24
I'm so sick of this crap, I don't even want to get 'Early Access' anymore, I just want my damn key for PC. Its what I paid for, why is Square Enix so difficult? I've already sent in two emails asking for an explanation at least. Nothing, not a damn thing for a day now.

I feel ya I've been waiting for a while now, hopefully when official release comes rolling around I won't be bummed.

Nodiskus4real
24th Aug 2013, 21:27
I don't want to risk waiting until release, I still have a chance to cancel my order so I'm not stuck with this useless PS3 code. Should have taken the process of simply registering my account as a warning this entire service was going to be one of the worst I've come across in years.

Kirithx
24th Aug 2013, 22:39
bump

joseph1987
25th Aug 2013, 15:15
I bought ff14 collector's edition for the pc, but is still registered as ps3 version. Please help before the main launch, I don't want to miss my Mog hat!:mad:

shadowburg
26th Aug 2013, 00:16
Im playing on PC, and like everyone else I cant log in. Get the world is full code.

Was able to log in for about an hour this morning before getting booted switching zones. Couldnt get back in, went out for the day and now get this.

During both times, a couple buddies that I work with are both playing away just fine on PS3.

So, You guys all having trouble or just the PC guys?

Kirithx
26th Aug 2013, 00:21
bump

Hilzarie
26th Aug 2013, 00:37
It is both, however, I just started a new character on one of the JP Servers. It isn't going to get your main character anywhere, but at least you can explore the game a little bit more instead of staring at the lobby screen.

Whitey487
31st Aug 2013, 12:18
Hi Guys,

Just a quick question, i was hoping you would have some information on for me.

I have an account on FFXIV on my ps3, which is all good and gravy. The thing is i was wondering if i could download the client onto my laptop, and play on my laptop when im not at home? As i've already got an account with a subscription would i be able to log in using the same character and server as they are linked anyway?

If so, would i have to purchase FFXIV again?! Or is it free to download with no subscription?

Thanks for your help.

Arfster
31st Aug 2013, 12:36
From what I've read, you'd have to re purchase it for the pc, but you CAN play your ps3 character, but you're going to need to drop more money for another pc copy (at least, this is what they state).

Whitey487
31st Aug 2013, 12:42
Personally, I think that's a joke. When you purchase the game your paying for the month free trial and a bit towards the actual game. So if i have a SE account with an account that has a subscription. why should i have to pay to just re-download the client onto my laptop? Surely that can't be right? :/

Arfster
31st Aug 2013, 12:48
I mean, it's like owning a game on steam and trying to play the same game on the ps3, this really isn't any different from any other game on Earth. You don't need to pay a double subscription I don't think, you just have to have another key.

FiberOptics
31st Aug 2013, 12:52
I mean, it's like owning a game on steam and trying to play the same game on the ps3, this really isn't any different from any other game on Earth. You don't need to pay a double subscription I don't think, you just have to have another key.

I was in the same situation. I payed and downloaded the game on PSN Day1 Digital and played fine on PS3. I also wanted to use my PC sometime so I had to purchase the game again for Windows.

They did extend my free trial for 2 months now though. So instead of 30day free trial you will get 30+ more days when you activate the Windows Key.

Whitey487
31st Aug 2013, 13:08
I was in the same situation. I payed and downloaded the game on PSN Day1 Digital and played fine on PS3. I also wanted to use my PC sometime so I had to purchase the game again for Windows.

They did extend my free trial for 2 months now though. So instead of 30day free trial you will get 30+ more days when you activate the Windows Key.

Ah that's not too bad then, did you speak to them regarding this or did they just put it onto your account?

Thanks for the help guy's.

Edit: Was just a bit miffed off that i found a download for the client for free, but on loadup it asks for registration, which gave me the thought that id have to have 2 subscriptions. :)

Arfster
31st Aug 2013, 13:27
Understandably! No problem buddy.

FiberOptics
31st Aug 2013, 13:28
Ah that's not too bad then, did you speak to them regarding this or did they just put it onto your account?

Thanks for the help guy's.

Edit: Was just a bit miffed off that i found a download for the client for free, but on loadup it asks for registration, which gave me the thought that id have to have 2 subscriptions. :)

Yeah, its pretty much straight forward. My pc doesnt play as smoothly as my PS3 does for as I get a rank of 4000 on the benchmark program but the grafx look a WHOLE WHOLE WHOLE lot better on PC. More colors, and visuals.

runeguy27
3rd Sep 2013, 18:03
OK, so my question is i bought the ps3 version of this. and yes i love it down time and what not on the servers is not the best but w.e
but the real question is being i got the 30days with the ps3 version of this game if i go and buy the pc version and validate that on t his current account do i still receive another 30 days? or would i have to go and make a separate account just for those 30 days >.< lol

Xear-528
3rd Sep 2013, 18:54
Yes you get additional 30 days :) I bought also both versions. Have fun mate.

OmniParadox
12th Sep 2013, 21:48
If i buy a ps3 version and my roomate buys the only pc version in store can i use his disk to put it on my comp and play on my pc after? even tho i signed up with my ps3 copy

WelshSpeed
12th Sep 2013, 23:39
50/50 chance but lean more towards no as ps3s code is directly linked to the psn id but then again it mite work.

TheRealKraggy
13th Sep 2013, 06:40
Like WelshSpeed I'm not sure but from the many comments I've read from PS3 users and their problems I get the impression that the PS3 and PC codes are different and so your PS3 registration code won't 'work' when you're trying to login from a PC.

Hippy_Pickle
13th Sep 2013, 08:30
In theory once you have setup your account and registered on the PS3 you wouldn't need another registration code to play on the PC version you just sign in with your SE ID and password. Easy solution would be just to try logging in to your account on his PC and see what happens, saves doing the install on yours if it's not going to work.

Let us know if it does work though, good feedback for the community :)

WelshSpeed
13th Sep 2013, 09:01
as said the code once used is then linked to your log in details but as i said ps3 code and ffxiv accounts are directly linked to your psn id, Hence why i said 50/50 chance.

Hippy_Pickle
13th Sep 2013, 09:27
Ok so to put this to bed I've researched this and the correct answer is not about 50/50 chances.

You need to buy your own copy of the game for the PC because you need to register it for use on your account, you can use the same account on the PC that you currently use on the PS3 but it needs to have a valid registration for use on both platforms. I don't know how the 30 day trial would go but I would assume you'd get another 30 day trial added to your current account.

FiberOptics
13th Sep 2013, 09:42
Ok so to put this to bed I've researched this and the correct answer is not about 50/50 chances.

You need to buy your own copy of the game for the PC because you need to register it for use on your account, you can use the same account on the PC that you currently use on the PS3 but it needs to have a valid registration for use on both platforms. I don't know how the 30 day trial would go but I would assume you'd get another 30 day trial added to your current account.

This is true for as this is what I had to do my self. After I bought the PS3 version, I then decided that I wanted to use my PC so I had to buy the PC version.

As for the 30Day trial, the extra 30days will get stacked on your current trial. For example I now have about 50 days of trial.

Hippy_Pickle
13th Sep 2013, 09:52
As for the 30Day trial, the extra 30days will get stacked on your current trial. For example I now have about 50 days of trial.

Many thanks for confirming that :D

Whitey487
29th Sep 2013, 11:09
Hello guys was hoping you could help me out.

I currently play ARR on the PS3 but have just downloaded the client for my laptop, the question is do i have to download the full FF:ARR digital from a website (if i do could someone point me to a cheap company) or could i just use a time card to link the accounts so i can play on both? Its asking me for a registration code when i open the client and i just trying to figure out the best case of action.

Cheers

Hippy_Pickle2
30th Sep 2013, 08:02
You need to buy an official PC copy of the game with a registration code, then you can sign in with the account details you currently use on the PS3 and you can play with your existing toons.

skouralakonias
22nd Oct 2013, 22:31
is the pc time card ffxiv compatible with the ps3 ffxiv ?

TheRealKraggy
24th Oct 2013, 10:30
You may want to read this thread on another forum I found Googling "ffxiv pc time card" which seems to be talking about this:

http://ffxivrealm.com/threads/xiv-game-time-cards-and-ps3.7691/

Googling on "ffxiv ps3 time card" comes up with a list of links including this:

http://www.game.co.uk/en/final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn-60-day-timecard-244771

which seems to show time cards aren't platform-specific, but there are plenty of links from both searches which should give you a definitive answer hopefully.

Demonicpain
27th Nov 2013, 22:54
I bought a ps4 and i use the same psn that i used to play FFXIV on my ps3. My kids want to continue playing FFXIV on the ps3 but it keeps logging me out on my ps4 is there a way to switch the psn names for the account or am i sol.

TheDeltaSniper
17th Feb 2014, 00:01
Quick question,

I plan to pick up this game on PS4 when it releases, however, I am wondering if you can play cross-platform at the drop of a hat. Does anyone own this for both PS3 and PC?

For example, if I am playing on my PS4 on a character and decide to go to a friends house with my laptop- can I boot up the game on the PC and continue playing with that same character from the same spot as when I was playing on the PS4?

Hippy_Pickle
17th Feb 2014, 12:34
You would need to have separate subscriptions for the PC and PS versions (registered to same SE account), the subscription time is not cross platform. You can use the same account and characters but each require separate subscriptions. If you have the PS3 version and chose the free upgrade to the PS4 version then you would also not be able to log in to your account via the PS3 anymore, this would also require 2 separate subscriptions if you wanted to play both.

Hippy_Pickle
17th Feb 2014, 16:53
After a bit of searching I may have got that wrong, the subscription may be cross-platform but you would still need to purchase a PS copy and register it to your current account which then would authorise you to play on either but only separately, if you wanted 2 online at the same time it would be separate subs.

EuryaleHestia
25th Feb 2014, 23:02
I purchased originally a copy of FFXIV on PS3, and my husband decided to join me so I bought a copy for our laptop.
Since he is out on deployment at the moment I wanted to play my account on the laptop but it comes with this message:

No valid or active service account is available to play FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

Proper registration through the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station is required.

* Users participating in early access must also complete registration by August 30, 2013. Using the code enclosed with your package, please complete registration through the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station.

Does this mean I would have to purchase another PC copy of FFXIV to enable me to play on my laptop?
Many thanks for the help!

Hippy_Pickle
26th Feb 2014, 09:10
In order to play on both platforms then you would have to have used a registration code on your account for both platforms. So yes you would have to buy a PC copy for a fresh code to use your account on the laptop.

Roguedivot
7th Apr 2014, 03:44
i have been looking around and can not seem to be able to find the answer. but if i wanted to play on both pc and ps4 would i have to buy the retail copy of the game twice?

Hippy_Pickle
7th Apr 2014, 07:50
Hi Roguedivot,

You cannot play on 2 platforms with the same account at the same time but if you just wanted to be able to play on either platform separately then you would need to buy a copy for each. You just need to used the registration code for the 2nd platform on your account to grant you access.

Roguedivot
7th Apr 2014, 19:06
thanks, that's exactly what i needed to know, thank you.

Roguedivot
8th Apr 2014, 14:21
i had another question on the same topic. If i bought it for ps4 then i bought it for pc to play the same account (not at same time obviously) would i get another free month of time?

Hippy_Pickle
8th Apr 2014, 15:17
Yes, every copy you buy comes with 30 days of game time. So if you bought the PS4 version, created account, redeemed 30 days and started playing, then if you buy the PC version and register it's code against your account you will get a further 30 day. Subscription time is for an account and not separate platforms so collectively you'd have 60 days of game time to play on either format :)

Roguedivot
8th Apr 2014, 20:08
sweet! thanks again! cant wait until Monday to pick up this game for ps4!

Hippy_Pickle
9th Apr 2014, 07:42
I'm just trying to convince the wife about justifying buying a PS4 now lol

Roguedivot
9th Apr 2014, 16:58
only game worth getting on it ATM would be this, IMO. On another topic, im trying to get my younger brother to get this game, so our mother was looking on ebay, people were selling used copies of the game, is that even viable? i mean if you bought a used game wouldn't u not be able to activate acct?

Hippy_Pickle
10th Apr 2014, 07:48
A used copy would be no good as you need the registration code that comes with new copies and obviously that would have been 'used'.

Roguedivot
11th Apr 2014, 23:46
good deal, thats what i told my mother before she made that mistake purchasing the game for my brother. it annoys me people are trying to scam money off of people with a game that will do them no good.

RisingRah
12th Apr 2014, 18:16
I know this might be an obvious question to a lot of people, but not so much to me.

I have a friend that has the only the PS3 version, but I'm thinking of updating to the PS4. Will we still be able to play together?

KTown86
21st Apr 2014, 16:28
Hallo,
Ich möchte mir FF XIV für die ps4 holen.
Wie ich jetzt in erfahrung bringen konnte, kann man mit den PS4 daten auch am PC Spielen.
Meine frage ware muss ich das spiel fur den PC dann nochmal extra kaufen auch wenn ich es schon fur die PS4 habe? Wo es ja das dreifache kostet?

Nightee
19th May 2014, 09:22
Hello there :)

so i bought FF14 for PS4 and am quite impressed how well it does work.
But i didn´t feel like the controls fit an mmorpg. Even plugging mouse and keyboard into my PS4 felt kind of
...slow...weird...
So my question would be, am i able to buy the pc version and migrate my PS4 account to my PC?
I am willing to pay money for this game so please tell me there is a way :D.

Thanks in advance
Nightee

Hippy_Pickle
19th May 2014, 15:21
Your characters are linked to your Square-Enix ID so are not tied to any particular platform. So you can just buy the PC version of the game, use the registration code on your existing account and log in with your username and password. All your characters will be there waiting for you because that data is stored on the servers but you will have to configure any HUD changes you made previously and setup all your gear sets again as this data is stored locally (on the platform) and I don't think there is a way to transfer it from PS4 to PC.

You then can play on either platform (at separate times) because you have registered 2 copies to your account, any subscription days you have is tied to your account also and not any specific platforms :)

Phobits
23rd May 2014, 02:50
Your characters are linked to your Square-Enix ID so are not tied to any particular platform. So you can just buy the PC version of the game, use the registration code on your existing account and log in with your username and password. All your characters will be there waiting for you because that data is stored on the servers but you will have to configure any HUD changes you made previously and setup all your gear sets again as this data is stored locally (on the platform) and I don't think there is a way to transfer it from PS4 to PC.

You then can play on either platform (at separate times) because you have registered 2 copies to your account, any subscription days you have is tied to your account also and not any specific platforms :)

Thanks for this info m8. I recently bought a new copy of FFXIV for the PS3 using a $20 Amazon gift card and then upgraded it the PS4 version. I would have loved to have bought the physical CE meant for the PS4, specifically since it is a bit different than the PS3 version yet has all of the in-game goodies, but I'm trying to save up so I can spend a little bit of time in Akihabara while in Japan next month. I noticed earlier last week that GameStop was having a Spring Sale and one of the games listed was a downloadable version of FFXIV for PC for $11.99. I ended up visiting my local GameStop after work and trading in all of my old PSP games/movies (which I wasn't sure they would even accept).

Now I have ~26 dollars in credit on my account and I'm going to use that to buy FFXIV for the PC (I don't know if I will qualify for another free 30 days due to the fact that my SQ account lists me as having played the PC beta, heh which was almost a year ago, or because of my recent PS4 upgrade) and probably spend the rest on the Watch Dogs Season Pass (Watch Dogs is already paid for and my sister-in-law/roommate is staying at our place so that should give her some extra fun).

I will update this post to let you guys know how it goes, just in case it can be helpful to anyone else (I love the PS4 version, however I'll be in various different countries for the next 3 - 4 months - a mixed blessing, however I know there will quite a bit of downtime - this way it's just easier to have a copy on my laptop as well since I already adapters for that and will be taking with me everywhere).

Edit: Every worked great and I even received another 30 days of gameplay =).

Pulsation
23rd Aug 2014, 15:07
Bonjour,
j'ai acheté final fantasy xiv j'y ai joué pendant quelque mois mais n'ayant plus de ps3 je voulais savoir si je pouvais jouer sur mon pc sans racheter le jeu si oui comment ?
merci d'une réponse rapide

Hello,
I bought final fantasy xivl I played it during some month but not having any more of ps3 I wanted to know if I could play on my pc without acquiring(buying back) the game(set) if yes how?
thanks for a speed answer

JRuivo
26th Aug 2014, 01:06
You have to buy the PC version as well. Be careful when purchasing, to make sure you buy the game in the same region as your Square Enix account.

Faintestidea
22nd Dec 2014, 20:33
I was going to buy this on Amazon as it's marked down to 20 dollars currently, but I don't want to get it if nobody is playing it at anymore. So could anyone that knows tell me if it's still populated on PS3? Thanks

Grimoire
26th Dec 2014, 18:43
Concerning your question: What platform you choose matters not, you will still be able to interact and play with everyone else (players who use PS3, PS4 or PC) on the server/world you decide to join.

Kiimera
1st Jan 2015, 13:47
Only a few days ago i got the trial with steam for FFXIV for the PC. The game didn't run well so i bought the PS3 version instead. I cannot logon to my account on the ps3 because of the trial still in effect. I have made a character in the pc version already and I cannot delete him without installing the game again. Any help please? This issue is pissing me off.

Grimoire
2nd Jan 2015, 17:45
Hopefully customer support (https://support.na.square-enix.com/contact.php?id=5382&la=1) might be able to help you out with this issue.

Hst6o4
28th Aug 2015, 04:50
Hello All,

Is Heavensward Online cross-platform? So basically if I buy it on PlayStation 4 and play online, will I be playing also with people playing from their PC's, Xbox, other consoles. In addition to my first question, I recently just bought the game so I don't know if its better on PC or on the Playstation, what do you guys think?

Grimoire
28th Aug 2015, 08:35
You'll be able to play with everyone else, yes (as long as they are on the same server as you).
I personally prefer playing the game on PS4, but I believe it's more a matter of taste than anything else.

Yineinjeru
15th Dec 2015, 05:14
This is probably a normal question but i bought final fantasy a realm reborn for ps3 and now i want to play it on my pc, Can i use the same account with out buying the game again?