PDA

View Full Version : QUIZ TIME!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Grimoire
9th Jun 2012, 16:12
Welcome to the SQUARE ENIX Quiz Thread.

-Rules-

1. Any questions related to or about the Company (Square Enix) are allowed, from Final Fantasy to Dragon Quest, Nomura to Wada, Lara Croft to Zack Fair, Slimes to Chocobos, merchandise to music, and Squaresoft to Enix.

Do feel free to discuss the questions/subjects. You don't have to actually participate in the quiz to enjoy this thread. Do not hesitate to discuss anything interesting that comes to mind while trying to figure out the answer. It does not have to be directly connected to the current question.

2. One question at a time. If someone already has asked one, then give it a shot and then wait for your answer to be approved.

3. You are welcome to give out clues should your question prove to be too difficult.

4. The questions should be common knowledge (that is, you should be able to find the answers in games, magazines, guides or on the web etc.). Do not ask questions like "What is the SE community manager's shoe size?"

5. Keep in mind that some of the questions might be considered to spoil story details for some. Participate at your own risk.

6. The questions should be written in bold text.

7. Have fun!

-Top Score-

Zench - XXXX
Tiael - XXXVI
Basho - XXXII
PshycoNinja - XXVIII
Orichalcum+ - XXII
Grimoire - VII
DerekMaverick - V
Lenneth_47 - IV
Kalomon - IV
LiKuidFox - IV
Persiangato - III
Lunakai - III
GaiaGuardian - III
Kuja9001 - III
Hippy_Pickle - II
TheBoogieBear - II
new_tradition - II
FinalFantasy107 - II
Syn - II
Marius - II
Ripax1 - II
Coddlefish - I
Summoner - I
justanotherjosh - I
streetfighter23 -I
FF_Fan13 - I
LOVELESS Genisis - I
Enoc - I
aaron - I
CorvoAtano - I
JakeVII - I
Mokenik - I
corex333 - I
Johnny - I
ChocolateRob - I

-Awards-

Chocobo Quiz
Winner: Zench
Prize: -Chocoboarding- semna30.webs.com/Chocoboarding.jpg (http://semna30.webs.com/Chocoboarding.jpg)

Grimoire
9th Jun 2012, 16:13
Who is Grimoire Valentine?

Zench-XIII
9th Jun 2012, 16:27
Sweeeeeeet!! That's so awesome ^^

It was an honor participating in Chocobo Days. And, c'mon, I'm no Quiz Master, I just did some research and had some luck by my side.

Grimoire
9th Jun 2012, 16:29
^_-

And don't be so humble, you proved you skills Fair and SQUARE ENIX.

Summoner
9th Jun 2012, 16:37
Who is Grimoire Valentine?

He is the father of Vincent Valentine and also a scientist and died from an experiement during his research.* He is from Final Fantasy VII.

Zench-XIII
9th Jun 2012, 16:39
Very well, then ;)

Oh, and it's good to see these activities back ^^

Grimoire
9th Jun 2012, 16:40
That is 100% correct. He died after being struck by Chaos, and he appears in

The Compilation of FINAL FANTASY VII (Dirge of Cerberus, Dirge of Cerberus PlayOnline).

Good job.

The next question is yours, Summoner.

Summoner
9th Jun 2012, 19:44
Who became the faith that is the aeon Ifrit?

member_10706344
9th Jun 2012, 20:02
I may be wrong cause its been a long time since i play FFX, but i think his name is not revelead in game, at last i dont remember ever reading it. But he is a crusader

kingomega1
9th Jun 2012, 21:56
How did they L'Cie came to be?

Zench-XIII
9th Jun 2012, 22:05
How did they L'Cie came to be?

Check the rules, dood:

2. One question at a time. If someone already has asked one, then answer it and wait for your answer to be approved.

The answer to Summoner's question hasn't been confirmed yet. So wait until then.

Summoner
9th Jun 2012, 22:15
His name is revealed in the game.

Automaton
9th Jun 2012, 22:27
I think you're referring, then, to High Summoner Ohalland, but he isn't ever mentioned as the Fayth of Ifrit. It is only said by Wakka that Ohalland used to live in the Kilika Temple, and that blitzball teams dedicate prayers to him for good luck in their matches due to his past as an athlete.

Summoner
9th Jun 2012, 23:20
Close enough Orichalcum+, his name is Oholland, he was the High Summoner of Kilika and he was also star blitzball player.* He is the faith that is Ifrit.

Automaton
9th Jun 2012, 23:37
(Here, from the Final Fantasy Wiki article on the Fayth (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Fayth):

Fayth of*Ifrit (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Ifrit#Final_Fantasy_X): A*Crusader (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Crusaders)*male who looks to be in his prime. He was stationed at*Kilika Temple (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Kilika#Kilika_Temple). His character model is repeatedly used throughout the game, as well as for the*Final Fantasy X-2*NPC*Yaibal (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Yaibal).

In addition, this is the site's article on Ohalland (http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Ohalland).

I am therefore going to pass my turn, respectfully, to Lunakai.)

Summoner
9th Jun 2012, 23:53
That's pretty weird cause in my copy of FFX they had his name Oholland, oh well.* /shrugs

Grimoire
10th Jun 2012, 02:56
Thank you Zench, -ssu.

The Fayth of Ifrit should predate Ohalland. Besides, it would have been his Guardian who became a Fayth, not Ohalland himself (just like Seymour's mother became Anima).

Or is this what you were referring to?

"So this is the place remembered in honor of High Summoner Ohalland...Makes you kind of nervous, ya? All these flames around the temple... They've always burned strong, ever since High Summoner Ohalland's time."

Current question:

OmegaHero1: How did the l'Cie come to be?

(Don't forget to read the rules next time.)

Interesting though. Where all of the temple fayths created by the summoners of Zanarkand one thousand years ago, or are they the Final Aeons of previous high summoners?

Summoner
10th Jun 2012, 09:01
I don't know about the temples or how they came to be, but I heard that every summoner that has defeated sin that whomever they used as their final aeon becomes a new aeon to use for other summoners during their next pilgrimage after the calm.

Grimoire
10th Jun 2012, 11:27
The Final Aeon*that manages to defeat Sin becomes Sin itself. Quoting Yunalesca:

"Sin is eternal. Every aeon that defeats it becomes Sin in its place... And thus is Sin reborn."

Summoner
10th Jun 2012, 12:25
Yeah but after that Sin dies the aeon that s/he resembled became a new fayth when a new person took their place.* I mean this is just information that I got from the game not actual statments.*

Automaton
10th Jun 2012, 14:00
I'll answer the current question.

The l'Cie are beings appointed by the fal'Cie from either Cocoon/Sanctum or Gran Pulse to perform tasks (Focus) that the gods are unable to do themselves, due to their inability to act with free will outside functions given to them by the creators.

Specifically, the main party of Final Fantasy XIII (including Serah) were branded by the Pulse fal'Cie Anima, Sazh's son converted by the Sanctum fal'Cie Kujata, and Cid Raines was made l'Cie by Barthandelus.

Grimoire
10th Jun 2012, 15:21
That is correct, Orichalcum+. You're up next.

Automaton
10th Jun 2012, 16:10
Then, let's follow up with a Kingdom Hearts question.

In Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, equipping a Gear panel will change a weapon's name, appearance and stat bonuses. One of Roxas' keyblades shares its name with an iconic summoned creature. What is the name of this weapon, and the name of the Gear panel needed to equip it?

Zench-XIII
10th Jun 2012, 16:30
Let's see if I answer it right:

The Keyblade is Leviathan, and it can be used when Nimble Gear is equipped.

Automaton
10th Jun 2012, 16:39
Correct, Zench! It's now your game.

Zench-XIII
10th Jun 2012, 16:45
Ok, then. Let's go with a Final Fantasy II question.

Deist is home to the lance-wielding Dragoons, but their most important treasure is a different kind of weapon. What is the name of the weapon and when can you get it?

DerekMaverick
10th Jun 2012, 18:01
That's a really good question! I'm taking a shot in the dark but was it the Blood Sword, right after Scott died?

Zench-XIII
10th Jun 2012, 18:05
Nope, the Blood Sword was found in the house of the thief (sorry, I forgot his name). Try again.

member_10706344
10th Jun 2012, 19:30
It was the Excalibur . After Ricard's death, Elina pass it to Firion.

Zench-XIII
10th Jun 2012, 19:37
Correct answer! Lunakai, it's your turn now.

member_10706344
11th Jun 2012, 11:58
Ok !! FFXII question !

Why Yiazmat is being hunted by clan centurio, and why the creators of the game decided to put this name on him?

Automaton
11th Jun 2012, 17:02
Yiazmat is responsible for the death of the Moogle Siblings' caretaker, thus Montblanc is seeking revenge. The name is based off of the original producer of Final Fantasy XII, Yasumi Matsuno, and the Hunt title ("Farewell to a Legend") references his departure from the team due to health issues.

member_10706344
11th Jun 2012, 20:30
Correct ! Your turn*

Automaton
12th Jun 2012, 00:28
Final Fantasy IX.

In Tetra Master, a given card's statistics are shown as*2X32.*What does the X stand for?

tiaeltaru
12th Jun 2012, 11:10
X is the battle class of the card.

X will attack the lowest of the 2 defenses, in your case 3 which is physical and 2 which is magical.

X would attack magical, being the lowest of the defenses at 2.

Automaton
12th Jun 2012, 14:04
Giving this one to Tiael. Great explanation, though a card wouldn't attack itself! Maybe against the same card, though.

Indeed, the X attack type means that the card would target the lower defense of an opposing card, should it attack.

Next!

tiaeltaru
12th Jun 2012, 14:08
I usually do better at answering than making trivia, so I'll let someone else come up with a question.

Grimoire
12th Jun 2012, 14:15
The question is free.

DerekMaverick
12th Jun 2012, 15:22
If it's all right with you Grimoire, I'd like to take a stab at asking a question!

DerekMaverick
13th Jun 2012, 13:56
In Final Fantasy XIII, what is the name of Vanille's pet and what function does it serve?

member_10822883
13th Jun 2012, 15:25
Bhakti is Vanille's pet robot. It gives the party various rewards based on a number of achievements, such as holding every piece of equipment and taking a number of steps on Gran Pulse.

Grimoire
13th Jun 2012, 21:28
I really like your question, DerekMaverick. ^_-

Bonus picture: semna22.webs.com/Rocobo_Dajhski.jpg (http://semna22.webs.com/Rocobo_Dajhski.jpg)

And that is correct, Coddlefish. Your turn!

member_10822883
14th Jun 2012, 12:26
There are three ways by which the player can obtain the spell "Ultima" in FINAL FANTASY VI. Name all of them.

DerekMaverick
14th Jun 2012, 14:18
@Grimoire

Thanks! I was really worried it was too easy. And that picture really made my day! :D *Sorry to deviate from the question.

Persiangato
14th Jun 2012, 14:31
Leveling up to the CAP, (just as slow method) using the Paladin Shield after changing it from cursed or forgoing the sword Ragnarok.

Grimoire
14th Jun 2012, 14:35
No question is too easy, nor too hard, for this thread.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed my little picture, DerekMaverick.

member_10832400
14th Jun 2012, 14:45
Persiangato beat me to it, but I'd like to add that Terra is the only character that learns Ultima by leveling to the cap (lvl. 99). The other characters do not learn the spell by hitting level 99 and must use either the Paladin Shield or the Ragnarok esper.

member_10822883
15th Jun 2012, 14:31
Right. Persiangato gets the point, but kudos to Josh for clarifying on that point.

Persiangato
15th Jun 2012, 21:29
Other guy can have the point. I'll just take the question.

Alright, name and explain which three numbered Final Fantasy Games (e.g. FFII, FFVI, FFXIII-2; not Tactics, Crystal Chronicles, Crisis Core) that take place in the same universe.

member_10628951
15th Jun 2012, 21:57
Other guy can have the point. I'll just take the question.

Alright, name and explain which three numbered Final Fantasy Games (e.g. FFII, FFVI, FFXIII-2; not Tactics, Crystal Chronicles, Crisis Core) that take place in the same universe.

Is this a trick question? Does this leave out Versus XIII and Type-0?

DerekMaverick
15th Jun 2012, 22:24
Final Fantasy II, Final Fantasy IV, and Final Fantasy V I believe. The name Highwind is used in that Kain is Ricard Highwind's son in II, In IV there is Kain who said his father was Richard Highwind, and in V King Tycoon's name had Highwind and was a user of Wind*Drakes*(Wyrms).

Automaton
15th Jun 2012, 23:51
I'm going to throw in*VII and X / X-2 as an answer. There's an Ultimania Omega quote regarding Shinra of the Gullwings and his research of Farplane energy, being linked as ancestor of the Shinra Electric Power Company on the "Planet".

Of course, we never see Spira getting that advanced...

member_10822883
16th Jun 2012, 02:34
I think VII, X, X-2 is correct; the only other instances of shared universes I can think of break into non-numbered games.

Grimoire
16th Jun 2012, 03:04
You'll get a half point each, Persiangato and justanotherjosh.

And that is correct, Orichalcum+ and Coddlefish. According to Nojima, the descendants of young Shinra traveled through space about one thousand years after the main events of FFX and X-2 and settled on Gaia.

faqs.ign.com/articles/698/698416p1.html (http://faqs.ign.com/articles/698/698416p1.html)

"Nojima went on to say that Shinra's attempts to use Vegnagun's remains failed and that he was unable to complete the concept of mako-extraction, just as Shinra had predicted. However, some 1000 years later, once space travel became possible, Shinra's descendants would go on a voyage to the world of Final Fantasy VII. There, at some point in the future, they would be successful in utilizing the concept, and would provide electricity from the Planet for a price; these descendants would found the Shin-Ra Company of Final Fantasy VII."

Grimoire
16th Jun 2012, 03:13
However, since I was the one to explain why, I'll take the next question.

How old is Sir Iron-Tail Fratley by the time of the main events of FINAL FANTASY IX? Or, how much*older is he than Freya Crescent?

iambasho777
16th Jun 2012, 10:53
My guess is ten years older than Freya, though I don't remember it ever being said in the game

Grimoire
16th Jun 2012, 11:51
*Coughs*...he does look like*the kind of guy*who's into younger girls, doesn't he?*

But no, Sir Fratley is not ten years older than Freya. His age was not revealed in the game itself, but in the FFIX Ultimania.

iambasho777
16th Jun 2012, 11:55
Well I always thought Freya was in her late 20s, so the age difference wouldn't be all that much. I never got a chance to read the Ultimania (it's Japanese only, right?)

Grimoire
16th Jun 2012, 12:05
According to Freya's official character profile, she is 21. She is a very young, but skillful, Dragon Knight.

And yes, the Ultimania books are in Japanese only. But, even so, they are well worth importing.

Persiangato
16th Jun 2012, 14:00
Is this a trick question? Does this leave out Versus XIII and Type-0?

Yes and no. I would have accepted creative answers, but this

I'm going to throw in*VII and X / X-2 as an answer. There's an Ultimania Omega quote regarding Shinra of the Gullwings and his research of Farplane energy, being linked as ancestor of the Shinra Electric Power Company on the "Planet".

Was the proper one.

Grimoire
16th Jun 2012, 15:47
Then I'm going to hand it over to Orichalcum+ and reveal the correct answer to the current question:

Sir Iron-Tail Fratley is 25, 4 years older than Freya Crescent.

As Persiangato said, the next question is yours, Orichalcum+.

Automaton
16th Jun 2012, 17:15
Hmm... let's see what I can come up with.

In the Kingdom Hearts series, the difficulty of a world is referred to by what term?

Rockman22
16th Jun 2012, 17:19
battle lvl.

Automaton
16th Jun 2012, 17:28
Yep, that'll do. Your turn to ask a question, now.

Rockman22
16th Jun 2012, 17:37
tesuya nurmura worked on the battle graphics For FFV. true or false?

Automaton
16th Jun 2012, 17:44
True. He was also the primary monster designer of the game.

(Or false, if you spelled his name wrong on purpose.)

Rockman22
16th Jun 2012, 17:50
correct

(no i didn't i'll have to look his name up)

Automaton
16th Jun 2012, 18:12
It's Tetsuya Nomura.

OK, here's a good question.

In*The World Ends With You,*one particular mission during the week with Joshua has Neku searching for the "√3 Au pin". What exactly is this pin, and its ability?

iambasho777
16th Jun 2012, 19:26
Was it Tin Pin Golem with the Earthquake psych?

Automaton
16th Jun 2012, 20:00
Aye! Happens to be my most favorite pin design, also.

Basho's point and turn.

iambasho777
16th Jun 2012, 20:10
What is the only important job-dependent stat in FFIII (the actual one, not the SNES FFVI that was called FFIII) to those hoping for the highest possible stats and why?

Zench-XIII
16th Jun 2012, 20:24
Let's see if I get it:

The Onion Knight. When the job reaches level 90, it grants an impressive boost for the stats of each character (each stat can reach 99).

iambasho777
16th Jun 2012, 20:30
Incorrect, I'm looking for the name of the stat that helps you reach the max stats. Here's a bit of a hint: only one stat is job-independent, therefore only one stat can be maxed. I'm looking for the job-dependent stat that will help max out that one stat.

Zench-XIII
16th Jun 2012, 20:42
Oh, I see. Apologies for my mistake. A well deserved "try again" for me.

iambasho777
16th Jun 2012, 20:55
What you said was indeed correct (mostly, it's character lvl 90 not job lvl 90), just not what I was looking for. Sorry if it's a poorly worded question, it's hard to put what I'm thinking in a grammatically correct sentence sometimes haha

Zench-XIII
16th Jun 2012, 21:02
You're right, it's character lvl, not job lvl. My wires got crossed. And, no, actually your question is properly worded, it's just that I didn't get it quickly.

tiaeltaru
18th Jun 2012, 09:15
Vitality, from Black Belt, the only way to cap HP is to avoid as much leveling as you can do until you get the job, then get character levels in that to max the HP as Black Belt has the highest Vit and gets the highest HP gains from level to level.

iambasho777
18th Jun 2012, 11:57
+1 for Tiael, your question

tiaeltaru
18th Jun 2012, 12:26
I'll leave the floor open.

Sorry it took me a while to get on that question, had a busy weekend.

Automaton
19th Jun 2012, 12:52
I'll go ahead and get a question going.

Yo****aka Amano's illustration of the Giant of Babil (Final Fantasy IV) is reportedly similar to which reoccuring summon from later in the series?

iambasho777
19th Jun 2012, 12:57
Alexander. My avatar haha

Zench-XIII
19th Jun 2012, 12:58
The Giant resembles Alexander.

Edit: Basho won (my laptop's lag doomed me).

Automaton
19th Jun 2012, 14:13
I know how lag feels. Basho's point.

iambasho777
19th Jun 2012, 14:26
Well the site is telling me you're still on, so maybe you'll get this one Zench

Which ultimate weapon in FFVII is considered the best for using the Morph command with because the weapon's damage dealt is not reduced while using morph?

Automaton
19th Jun 2012, 14:34
Yuffie's ultimate weapon, the Conformer. Its damage is based entirely on level.

iambasho777
19th Jun 2012, 14:37
Correctamundo, point to the rare metal. Your question

Automaton
19th Jun 2012, 15:23
I'm such a thief. :P

Speaking of...*Name four things the four-armed man does in Final Fantasy IX!

tiaeltaru
19th Jun 2012, 15:40
Teaches Vivi about Tetra Master in Alexandria, steals gil from Garnet in Treno (and can drop the power belt), plots to abduct Eiko (and can drop a chimera armlet), and plays cards with the rare airship cards in Daguerro, where he also reveals his true identity if you get the highest treasure hunter ranking?

Not sure what the question is referring to, unless I got it right.

iambasho777
19th Jun 2012, 15:45
1) Teaches Vivi how to play cards

2) Gives Zidane and co. the S Rank Medal... um...

3) Reveals his name is G******** (censored for those who might think it's a spoiler)

4) Retrieves the Exclibur II at ten hours of gameplay

Those last two are grasping at straws haha

EDIT: Gah ninja'd by Tiael

Automaton
19th Jun 2012, 16:24
I actually forgot about the Eiko part, but it is indeed Tiael's point. Up to you to ask or pass!

iambasho777
19th Jun 2012, 16:55
While we wait for Tiael's question, I'm just wondering would my answer have been considered right had I posted like 6 mins earlier? 2 and 3 were kinda the same event

tiaeltaru
19th Jun 2012, 17:57
Just assume I pass from now on unless I state in my response, I just prefer to answer things :P

Automaton
19th Jun 2012, 18:17
(I was personally thinking of Alleyway Jack, the robbery in Treno, judging the Treasure Hunt rank, and being mentioned in the Excalibur II sidequest.)

DerekMaverick
19th Jun 2012, 20:31
A FFV question! On the Last Floor of the Interdimensional Rift(Right before Exdeath) there is a monster-in-a-box. Who is the monster and what is the reward?

Zench-XIII
19th Jun 2012, 20:37
I believe the monster is Shinryu, and the reward is Ragnarok.

DerekMaverick
19th Jun 2012, 20:43
Yup! Your go at a question Zench!

Zench-XIII
19th Jun 2012, 20:49
This involves multiple games:

Name the games where the*ability "Heartless Angel" has appeared.

iambasho777
19th Jun 2012, 21:02
FINALLY! I've been trying to view this thread for 5 minutes and it wouldn't load! lol

FFVII, KHI, and KHII

Zench-XIII
19th Jun 2012, 21:07
Sorry Basho, but try again. You're missing other games.

iambasho777
19th Jun 2012, 21:16
Dang. If Crisis Core completes the list I would've had it, but I deleted that right before the post was posted because I didn't think it was. Beyond that, I'm at a loss. I don't remember any not Sephiroth using that move

Zench-XIII
19th Jun 2012, 21:19
You can keep thinking, now you're missing 3 games only. And one of those games doesn't involve Sephiroth.

Automaton
20th Jun 2012, 01:53
Final Fantasy VI (appears as another name but same effect?) and VII, Crisis Core, Kingdom Hearts, KH2, Dissidia, Dissidia [duodecim].

Zench-XIII
20th Jun 2012, 10:50
That's correct. And yes, in FFVI it had a different name, but its effect was the same.
Your turn to ask, Orichalcum.

Automaton
20th Jun 2012, 12:01
Just to clarify... which means fun facts for everyone!

<ul>
The Final Fantasy VI attack is called "Fallen One".
In the Dissidia games, it is Sephiroth's special EX Mode attack. You activate it by R+(square), and while it has a long charge time, it will reduce the opponent's bravery to 1 if it hits, but the resulting damage is not added to his own bravery.
In the Kingdom Hearts games, hitting Sephiroth with an attack will cancel Heartless Angel.
[/list]

Which character has the most reoccurring boss battles in the Final Fantasy game he appears in?

iambasho777
20th Jun 2012, 12:04
I think it's either Gilgamesh in V or Ultros in VI... I'll go with Ultros. BTW, Zench, a newcomer named Phil has stolen your avatar

tiaeltaru
20th Jun 2012, 12:06
I'm gonna say Gilgamesh, off the top of my head there's 4 "real" battles with him, and 2 mock ones, for a total of 6.

Automaton
20th Jun 2012, 12:09
Surprisingly, neither of those are correct! As much as I like Gilgamesh...

tiaeltaru
20th Jun 2012, 12:12
Oh facepalm, how could I forget.. the loveable Ormi, 7 encounters.

iambasho777
20th Jun 2012, 12:13
It isn't the woman obessed with Nooj in X-2, is it? I can't remember her name.... LeBlanc?

EDIT: Um.... who is Ormi? I don't remember this boss, and I've played all 14 of the major games all the way through

tiaeltaru
20th Jun 2012, 12:16
It isn't the woman obessed with Nooj in X-2, is it? I can't remember her name.... LeBlanc?

EDIT: Um.... who is Ormi? I don't remember this boss, and I've played all 14 of the major games all the way through

LeBlanc's goons, Logos and Ormi, whom you fight more than her, Ormi specifically is 7 fights, Logos is 6.

iambasho777
20th Jun 2012, 12:19
Oh, okay. I had completely forgotten their names lol. Ormi was the chubby one with the big shield on his back, right?

tiaeltaru
20th Jun 2012, 12:20
Oh, okay. I had completely forgotten their names lol. Ormi was the chubby one with the big shield on his back, right?

Yeah, and Logos was the tall skinny one with the pistols.

Grimoire
20th Jun 2012, 12:21
BTW, Zench, a newcomer named Phil has stolen your avatar

Stolen? Hmm, isn't it just that*Emizel is*simply popular? He should be.*

Zench-XIII
20th Jun 2012, 12:26
BTW, Zench, a newcomer named Phil has stolen your avatar

Stolen? Hmm, isn't it just that*Emizel is*simply popular? He should be.*

Perhaps he is, but at the same time having the same avatar is confusing for the rest of the users. Besides, I chose it first :P

About the current question, I was gonna say Caius Ballad, 'cause you fight him a lot in both his human and Bahamut forms.

iambasho777
20th Jun 2012, 12:31
By my count, Caius ties with Tiael's count of Ormi at 7 (2 at the beginning, 1 in Oerba, 1 with just Serah, 1 with just Noel, 2 in the ending)... UNLESS you count RotG DLC, then he wins by two fights

Oh, and I was just joking Grim. But... showing my ignorance here, who is Emizel?

tiaeltaru
20th Jun 2012, 12:34
But then again, was Orichalcum considering Chaos Bahamut and Caius as the same boss? Even though they technically are, but Seymour in FFX still had Seymour proceeding each fight.

Technically it's his Eidolon, but he can merge with it.

Zench-XIII
20th Jun 2012, 12:35
Emizel is a character from Disgaea 4. He joins the party at a point in the story, and is called frequently Rascal (or my favorite, Rascal P. Coltrane).

Automaton
20th Jun 2012, 12:52
What I was looking for was Ormi specifically, and hadn't even considered Caius and Chaos Bahamut as a factor much less think of whether I'd count both "forms", to be honest.

Doesn't Caius have seperate Datalog entries for his "Paradox Scope" battles as well? I haven't done them as of yet.

I'll call this a tie between Tiael and Basho, and assume B will take the question.

Grimoire
20th Jun 2012, 13:02
One point each, then. Good job!

iambasho777
20th Jun 2012, 13:08
Yeah, each form of Caius has his own datalog entry because he has different stats every time. Give Tiael the point, but I don't mind taking the question haha.

In FFIX, there are three moves that when the variables are hign enough, they will ALWAYS hit the damage cap no matter what. What are the names of all three moves and four of the five variables associated with them? If it's okay with Grim (his rules and all) a bonus point to someone if they know all five variables and the equations of the the moves' damage output (I figured these out on my own, so I know someone else out there can :P).

tiaeltaru
20th Jun 2012, 13:22
Frog Drop Quina's level x number of frogs caught

Dragon's Crest Dragon's Defeated Squared

Thievery [Speed x Steals] / 2

?

Shock can also hit 9999 quite easily, as can Limit Glove (Quina HP =1)*

iambasho777
20th Jun 2012, 13:39
Dang, guess the question wasn't as hard as I thought haha. I don't count Shock or Limit glove because they don't always hit 9999, they're conditional in that the enemy's def. must be low enough for Shock and Quina's HP must be low enough for Limit Glove. Those three always max out once they're 1 or two variables are high enough. 1 (2 if Grim allows for the bonus point) point for Tiael, and I guess since s/he has chosen to forfeit his/her questions the next one is up for grabs.

On an entirely unrelated note, I just cooked quinoa for the first time and the stuff tastes amazing, takes half the time rice does, and compliments chicken much better. I highly recommend it if any of you all plan on making stir-fries soon.

tiaeltaru
20th Jun 2012, 13:41
Quinoa is indeed awesome.

And it's a he :P

Now to wait the next question!*

iambasho777
20th Jun 2012, 13:45
I was just doing that because o the Qu as your avatar, since they always referred to Quina as s/he and him/her... woah. Quina was named after quinoa!! Mind = blown

tiaeltaru
20th Jun 2012, 13:49
It's a secret to everybody!

Zench-XIII
20th Jun 2012, 13:52
Mind if I take care of doing the next question:

What are the names of Gabranth's swords?

tiaeltaru
20th Jun 2012, 13:54
Too easy, Chaos Blade and Highway Star.

Next.

Sorry, keeping myself occupied at work :P

Zench-XIII
20th Jun 2012, 13:55
That was fast. Next question then.

Automaton
20th Jun 2012, 13:56
I believe that they are the Chaos Blade and the Highway Star.

Edit: I was slow!

Grimoire
20th Jun 2012, 13:56
3 points to Tiael...

...who takes the lead!

iambasho777
20th Jun 2012, 14:02
...Tiael, I think you should start asking questions so you don't have the chance to answer every single one! haha

tiaeltaru
20th Jun 2012, 14:05
Oh, I try not to answer them all :P*
There's times I'm not on for hours (when I'm home), or I may miss it here and there.

I'll try and figure some questions for next time if it's bothersome though.*

Zench-XIII
20th Jun 2012, 14:08
At this rate, we'll need an announcer to say this: "Please welcome your Undisputed Quiz Champion, TIAEL!!!"

tiaeltaru
20th Jun 2012, 14:10
Could always get Michael Buffer.

:P

I'll figure out some quizzes for next time.

Grimoire
20th Jun 2012, 14:12
Johnny (johonnysheaven.webs.com/ (http://johonnysheaven.webs.com/)): "Please welcome your Undisputed Quiz Champion, TIAEL!!!"

:D "At your service, ppl!"

...Moving on. Regarding the questions: There is no need to hurry. Waiting a few hours every now and then, or even days, shouldn't be a problem at all.

Grimoire
20th Jun 2012, 14:29
Johnny: "...Man, I'm sick of waiting."

"How many days a week is my bar (JoHoNNY'S HEAVEN) open?"

This is a Compilation of FFVII question.

iambasho777
20th Jun 2012, 15:16
Eight.

DerekMaverick
20th Jun 2012, 15:26
6 days a week.

Grimoire
20th Jun 2012, 15:38
Eight.

Hah.

"...And because of that, his patrons visited Seventh Heaven, wanting to get a look at Tifa, and wound up becoming regulars. Unaware of this, Johnny waited six days a week for anyone to show up who might listen to his tale of love and hope."

<address>Six days*=*correct. Your turn, Derek.</address>

iambasho777
20th Jun 2012, 15:40
When I read the question The Beatles popped into my head and I just couldn't give the right answer, I had to say 8 :D

Grimoire
20th Jun 2012, 15:45
Your answer could very well have been correct, since Nojima is known to be fond of classic pop and rock 'n' roll.

DerekMaverick
20th Jun 2012, 16:12
Alright an FFI question.*In FFI what is the most powerful weapon, and what class(es) use it?

iambasho777
20th Jun 2012, 16:24
Is this a trick question? The Black Belt/Master's bare hands have the highest attack power if I remember correctly

Zench-XIII
20th Jun 2012, 16:30
Another thing, does the answer consider the Dawn of Souls and 20th anniversary editions? Because the strongest weapon in the 20th anniversary edition is the Barbarian Sword.

iambasho777
20th Jun 2012, 16:35
I believe the most powerful weapon in the original was the Masamune, and all 12 classes could wield it

DerekMaverick
20th Jun 2012, 16:38
@Zench

No, the original 1987 game.

Correct Basho! Sorry for the confusion with the Masters bare hands

iambasho777
20th Jun 2012, 16:54
I just did some research (GameFAQs is a wonderful, wonderful site) and according to the writer of the guide I read a maxed out Master actually does lose attack power when equiped with the Masamune. Hmmm... I'm having trouble thinking of a difficult question haha all of mine have been a bit too easy.

In Kingdom Hearts there are three "superbosses" that you can fight, but are not rewarded for beating. In the Final Mix version, however, they added rewards for all three. What are the three bosses, and what are the rewards in KHIFM for beating them?

DerekMaverick
20th Jun 2012, 16:58
@Basho

I wasn't saying that the bare hands aren't the most powerful over all, I was just saying a weapon and I don't really consider bare hands a weapon.

As for your question, I know who the superbosses are but sadly I don't know their names or rewards in Final Mix.

iambasho777
20th Jun 2012, 16:59
Ah, I get what you mean now. I was just thinking of highest attack power

Automaton
20th Jun 2012, 18:22
The Gold Match against Ice Titan rewards the Diamond Dust keychain.

The Platinum Match against Sephiroth rewards the One Winged Angel keychain and Ansem Report 12.

Kurt Zisa, found in Agrabah after rescue, drops the Zantetsuken command.

Addtionally, the Unknown is a Final Mix exclusive boss and drops an EXP Chain and Ansem Report 13.

iambasho777
20th Jun 2012, 18:36
Correct, but he isn't quite unknown any more lol. Your question Ori

Automaton
20th Jun 2012, 18:51
From the Fabula Nova Crystallis.

There is a certian naming theme that the Undying Cie'th share. What is it?

Zench-XIII
20th Jun 2012, 18:56
They are named after Roman units (except one in English, but in Japanese the Roman naming still applies).

Automaton
20th Jun 2012, 19:04
On the right track, but not exactly there yet, Zench. There's something more to it.

Zench-XIII
20th Jun 2012, 19:07
My bad, they're named after enemies of the Roman Empire (except Attacus and Wladislaus). Though I'm not sure if that's what you mean.

Automaton
20th Jun 2012, 19:12
Many of them are either enemies and traitors of the Roman Empire, yes. Also, keep in mind that Raspatil's Japanese name is "Attilla", referencing the Hun leader of the same name.

Zench's point and turn.

Zench-XIII
20th Jun 2012, 19:20
I forgot about Raspatil, was more focused on the Undying from XIII.

Dissidia/Dissidia 012 question:

One of Jecht's exclusive weapons is a reference to another FFX*character. Who is this character?

iambasho777
20th Jun 2012, 19:24
I'm gonna guess it's the Kaiser Knuckles as a reference to Tifa

Zench-XIII
20th Jun 2012, 19:28
Perhaps I should've added that the character is from Final Fantasy X.

EDIT: Question fixed. Sorry for the inconvenient.

iambasho777
20th Jun 2012, 19:38
Well, seeing as nobody fights with their hands in FFX I would guess that either Sin's Talon or Sin's Claw is the one? So I'll go with Kimahri

Zench-XIII
20th Jun 2012, 19:44
Incorrect.

Abidan
20th Jun 2012, 19:56
Actually, Rikku fights with her hands (clawed weapons). That said, she uses Kaiser Knuckles and "Rikku" will be my answer.

iambasho777
20th Jun 2012, 19:59
I thought she fought with knives? Huh. I'm replaying X now and haven't gotten to her yet, I guess I'll pay more attention this time.

Zench-XIII
20th Jun 2012, 20:01
FF_Fan13 gets the point, and it's his turn to ask.

member_10328220
20th Jun 2012, 20:02
Besides since jecht actually WAS sin in FFX the sin's claw/talon weapon only references himself.

Abidan
20th Jun 2012, 20:21
I haven't gone through all the pages, but if this one is in here, scratch this question.

Takashi Tokita (FF IV designer) explained that a development team member was watching something that inspired the FF battle system. What was the name of that person and what was that person watching?

Zench-XIII
20th Jun 2012, 21:02
Hiroyuki Itoh, planner of the game, and he was watching Formula One races. That was the inspiration for the Active Time Battle.

Abidan
20th Jun 2012, 21:34
Indeed! It's funny where we discover design ideas.

Zench-XIII
20th Jun 2012, 21:46
Creativity lies everywhere. Ok, let's see what can I ask now.

In Dissidia 012's Confessions of the Creator, there's a gateway in Onrac near the Teleport Stone that must be completed in order to advance further. After completing it, a certain song*starts playing at the World Map, and keeps playing even after defeating the Lv 130 Feral Chaos. What's the name of the melody?

Automaton
21st Jun 2012, 01:55
The track is number 89 in the Jukebox, "An Undocumented Battle".

Zench-XIII
21st Jun 2012, 12:19
And the rare metal scores another point. Canto Mortis was also a valid answer since that's part of the name as seen in the game's OST. Time to ask, Orichalcum.

Grimoire
21st Jun 2012, 12:27
Johnny: "...And he takes the lead again!"

Zench-XIII
21st Jun 2012, 12:29
Perhaps he and Tiael might become the Quiz Tag Team Champions.

Grimoire
21st Jun 2012, 12:32
Most likely. They're off to an impressive start.

Automaton
21st Jun 2012, 12:39
That's "Cantata Mortis and God in Fire", isn't it?

On a music related tangent...*Of the Nobuo Uematsu soundtracks for the Final Fantasy series, which one is considered the largest?

tiaeltaru
21st Jun 2012, 12:43
Final Fantasy IX

iambasho777
21st Jun 2012, 12:43
As I don't know all that much about the production side of things, I'm just going to offer up a random guess and say FFVI

Zench-XIII
21st Jun 2012, 12:44
I have the digital version of 012's soundtrack and the song's named: Canto Mortis, An Undocumeted Battle.
And, well, it uses the lyrics of Cantata Mortis.

Automaton
21st Jun 2012, 12:49
Oh, the other half of the "tag team" scores again. Maybe we should take a break and let the rest of these people catch up to us, ya? :P

The answer I was looking for was FFIX.

Zench-XIII
21st Jun 2012, 12:52
Or you should think a name for your tag team.

iambasho777
21st Jun 2012, 12:54
...I do not support this tag team notion, that implies their points will be combined! http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-cry.gif

Grimoire
21st Jun 2012, 12:55
Oriel?

Automaton
21st Jun 2012, 12:59
I was trying to go along with the joke, darnit! I'm only working for myself here. :P

Question's open.

tiaeltaru
21st Jun 2012, 13:00
Nah, I'll start making some questions from now on as to not hog all the points :P
Lemme think of one.*

tiaeltaru
21st Jun 2012, 13:03
Staying in true with my avatar, and to not be too difficult.. FFIX question.

Which two enemies in Final Fantasy IX can Quina eat to learn Magic Hammer?

Zench-XIII
21st Jun 2012, 13:27
Magic Vice and Ring Leader.

tiaeltaru
21st Jun 2012, 13:36
You are correct, a question from you good sir.

Zench-XIII
21st Jun 2012, 13:57
Here goes:

In his appearance in Final Fantasy XIII-2, Gilgamesh summons his swords once the true contest begins. However, one of them is actually a new one. What's the name of Gilgamesh's new weapon?

Automaton
21st Jun 2012, 14:01
It's the Bashosen. It's a wide shaped fan-like... axe?

Zench-XIII
21st Jun 2012, 14:09
Your turn to ask once again.

Automaton
21st Jun 2012, 14:18
Yoko Shimomura is most recently famous for her Kingdom Hearts music,*but what was the first game she composed for at the company?

tiaeltaru
21st Jun 2012, 14:28
Live A Live, a game I love and wish it had seen an overseas release.

Automaton
21st Jun 2012, 14:38
You've actually played it? The first time I've heard of the game was through some sort of arrange soundtrack album, but other than that...

That is correct.

tiaeltaru
21st Jun 2012, 14:44
Yeah, science fiction with Cube was probably my favorite chapter.

Anyways, FFVIII question,

Who is King of the Card Club (CC Group) and what rare card do they hold?

Persiangato
21st Jun 2012, 21:15
The King has the Gilgamesh card, and his name is Quistis Trepe

tiaeltaru
22nd Jun 2012, 05:47
You are correct, question from you.

Persiangato
22nd Jun 2012, 11:04
What popular rl song/dance snuck its way into a Final Fantasy game and which game was it?

Automaton
22nd Jun 2012, 11:25
Michael Jackson's*Thriller. Final Fantasy VIII, the dance performed by the carnival dancers during Edea's parade in Deling City.

Persiangato
22nd Jun 2012, 15:54
That was one of the answers I was looking for. The other one I would have accepted was the macarena reference in FFX.

Thriller in FF: Spirits Within (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi3wV8ebogQ)would have gotten you slapped.

Automaton
22nd Jun 2012, 16:30
Ah, yes. I remember that now: Macarena Temple. "Macalania!"

If I may claim that point and go on to another music question.

In the theme song of Kingdom Hearts II, certian lyrics in the background are backwards. If you were to flip them around, what would they read as?

iambasho777
22nd Jun 2012, 18:16
The lyrics are "wonk uoy naht noitceffa erom deen I", flipped to be "I need more affection than you know". My ex was obsessed with the song, and I always hated it. The orchestral version is good, though

Automaton
22nd Jun 2012, 19:00
On the other hand, I don't like the orchestral versions of the themes because it just seems... how to put it --*overdone? Grandiose?

That's a point, Bash. Take it away!

iambasho777
22nd Jun 2012, 19:16
...Bash? I'll bash you! lol jk

Let's keep it with KH but move away from music. There is a boss absent in the original **** version of BBS that was in all other versions. Through interviews, Nomura has confirmed who this boss is, and stated that it is NOT a cannon fight for two of the three characters. Three part question here: What is the name of the boss, his actual name (use spoiler tags please), and which character was the only one to actually fight him during the cannon storyline?

In other news, all who own 3DSs and have not yet downloaded the DDD demo... DO IT NAOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The 3D is absolutely amazing, I'm on my eighth time playing through it and I've done the tutorial twice lol

EDIT: For those who do not know how to do the spoiler tags on this site: type the following, spaces removed

[ spoiler ]
spoilerriffic OMG don't read me stuff here
[ / spoiler ]

Although, my ridiculousness does not need to be added into your spoiler tags

Automaton
23rd Jun 2012, 12:27
I wasn't going to answer, but... eh, why not? Going to suggest avoiding questions with answers that contain spoilers in the future, but that's for Grim to decide, I think.

The secret boss is the Mysterious Figure...

...also known as the alternate Young Xehanort.

Since it unlocks after completing the game and defeating the Vanitas Sentiment, it can be assumed that Aqua's battle is canon due to the situation of the ending.

iambasho777
23rd Jun 2012, 13:18
I considered it fair game because the interview was done before the Japanese DDD release, but suggested the use of spoiler tags so those who haven't came across the information wouldn't find out accidentally due to me lol. You have two of the three, but I reread the interview and I realized he never said which one of the three it was a canon battle for (just that it was canon for only one of them) so I'll give it to you. The correct answer is Ventus because

after Terra sends Ven to Destiny Islands, we lose track of him a bit. He should have been the first to reach the Keyblade Graveyard because he had a shorter conversation with Vanitus than Terra had with Xehanort, and he didn't have the fight. We know it isn't Terra because he goes straight to the KG after the Eraqus thing, and it can't be Aqua because she was shocked when she saw the state of the Land of Departure in the Final Episode and immediately changes the place around. This means that Ven had to have encountered MF in an unseen return to LoD after his trip to Destiny Islands.

On a mildly interesting side-note, none of the Mirage Arena fights are cannon, including the two matches and one tournament added in BBSFM.

Automaton
23rd Jun 2012, 14:36
(Hmm. Do we have anyone good at DraQue questions? It's sorely under-represented and I know next to nothing of it.)

Kingdom Hearts II: Name the three reaction commands used, in correct order, in the opening sequence of the Twilight Thorn boss battle.

member_10706344
23rd Jun 2012, 14:45
I think they are : Key Counter, Lunarsault and finally Break Raid. The Reversal one is also used many times.

iambasho777
23rd Jun 2012, 14:57
I've only ever played DQ 4 and 8, it's my weak point on SE's three main serieses. And dangit, I got busy right as I was about to post my answer but Lunakai beat me, stupid work. haha... But I thought the order was Lunarsault, Key Counter, Break Raid. So I woulda been wrong anyway lol

Automaton
23rd Jun 2012, 16:06
And it is indeed Lunakai's score. Key Counter against the punch, Lunasault against the grab and throw, and Break Raid to destroy the sphere of energy.

Grimoire
23rd Jun 2012, 16:12
Since pretty much anything can be considered spoiler, I still say that any kind of question goes here in this thread. It's up to each and everyone to participate at their own risk. This is a dangerous place! ^_-

Automaton
23rd Jun 2012, 16:34
(See if we can't get a mod to try and change the thread title so people are sufficiently warned?

Something like Square-Enix Quiz Thread -may contain spoilers- would do.)

Grimoire
23rd Jun 2012, 16:44
Wouldn't that ruin the fun? At least part of it...

I believe this thread is fine as it is. Besides, I personally*don't*consider anything*to be*spoiler...since I have a tendency to know how many games will end beforehand (like how I told FF_Fan13 that FFXIII-2 would end with a mass extinction event as soon as the game was announced). Not to mention*when I drew Cid Raines (or Rafe, as he was called)*and Rygdea over a year before they were revealed.

There.

"6. Keep in mind that some of the questions might be considered to spoil story details*for some. Participate at your own risk."

member_10706344
23rd Jun 2012, 17:45
I guess its my turn now,*isn't? Well here's the question..

In the Final Fantasy series it's been know that Yiazmat has the most HP, whith a total of 50 million. The question is.. who is the 2nd? And the 3rd? How many HP they have, and in what games they are?

iambasho777
23rd Jun 2012, 21:10
I'll guess FFXIII's Long Gui at 16 mil and FFXIII-2's Gilgamesh at 15 mil. I think that the FF series is trying to overcompensate for something...

tiaeltaru
23rd Jun 2012, 22:22
Hard Mode Minevra from Crisis Core at 20,000,000 and XIII's Long Gui at 16,200,000?

Automaton
23rd Jun 2012, 22:33
2nd. Long Gui "body" (XIII) 16,200,000

3rd. Vercingetorix (XIII) 15,840,000

4th. Valfodr Lv.99 (XIII-2) 15,500,000

5th. Penance (X International) 12,000,000

6th. Omega mk.XII (XII) 10,370,699

7th. Minerva (Crisis Core) 10,000,000

8th. Gilgamesh (XIII-2) 9,999,999

iambasho777
23rd Jun 2012, 22:43
...crap. Got Valfodr and Gilgy mixed up. I thought Vercin only had 14.5 mil?

member_10706344
23rd Jun 2012, 22:43
You are correct Tiael.

Sorry Orichalcum+, but Minerva in hard mode count as well.

Automaton
23rd Jun 2012, 23:04
I still think I put together a nice list. Didn't remember CC's hard mode effectively doubled HP count.

Grimoire
24th Jun 2012, 01:12
Great*question, Lunakai. Thank you.

Good job, Tiael.

Orichalcum+'s - upgraded list*(you'll be rewarded a bonus point, by the way):

1st. Yiazmat (XII) 50,112,254

2nd. Minerva (Crisis Core, Hard) 20,000,000

3rd. Long Gui "body" (XIII) 16,200,000

4th. Vercingetorix (XIII) 15,840,000

5th. Valfodr Lv.99 (XIII-2) 15,500,000

6th. Penance (X International) 12,000,000

7th. Omega mk.XII (XII) 10,370,699

8th. Gilgamesh (XIII-2) 9,999,999

tiaeltaru
24th Jun 2012, 17:18
Dragon Quest question time!

What are the highest xp monster and the highest gold monster in the entirety of the main Dragon Quest series?

iambasho777
24th Jun 2012, 17:26
King Metal Slimes for both

tiaeltaru
25th Jun 2012, 10:19
Sorry, there's higher xp and gold monsters in the series.

Persiangato
26th Jun 2012, 14:10
Platinum King Jewel for EXP. Gem slimes for Gold.

tiaeltaru
26th Jun 2012, 19:55
That is correct, would have also taken PlatKing and GoldSlime as acceptable answers being the earlier translations.
For a second there thought I had one that stumped people.

Congratulations and the question is yours.

And there will be more Dragon Quest questions from me in the future, considering it is my favorite RPG series.

Grimoire
27th Jun 2012, 03:37
And there will be more Dragon Quest questions from me in the future, considering it is my favorite RPG series.

That's good to know.

Persiangato
27th Jun 2012, 04:44
Yeah, I got nothing.

Uh, whose "catchphrase" orginally meant express his or her apologetic nature and what is it now?

DerekMaverick
27th Jun 2012, 09:58
@Perslangato

Was that a question? If so what game/franchise are you talking about?

Persiangato
27th Jun 2012, 14:24
Yeah, it was. And Final Fantasy.

iambasho777
27th Jun 2012, 18:22
Well, the best I can come up with is Lucretia's "I'm so sorry", which is what half of her lines are in Dirge of Cerberus.

iambasho777
27th Jun 2012, 22:53
Sorry for the double-post, I'm on my phone and can't edit. I would like to take back my former guess and say it's Laguna's "Leg Cramp!" Because he always said that to dodge apologizing for getting them lost/sidetracked.

Grimoire
28th Jun 2012, 07:49
Well, the best I can come up with is Lucretia's "I'm so sorry", which is what half of her lines are in Dirge of Cerberus.

After Grimoire asks her to tell his son "I'm sorry", Lucrecia says it 15 times all in all.

(If you count the flashes of text and the Omega Reports, otherwise it's 13 times.)

Persiangato
28th Jun 2012, 13:49
Both good answers, but neither are the one I'm looking for. If it's not answered before the question expires though, I'll give it to you for the Laguna one.

Here's another hint.

The meaning was lost in localization (as in, orginally meant) and the catchphrase was spoked a lot less than Lucrecia's, "I'm sorry" but other characters still catch on and poke fun at it.

Automaton
28th Jun 2012, 23:15
I'm... honestly stumped with this one. (On the other hand, I found out that apparently Caius' name is similar to the Russian verb*"to be sorry".)

iambasho777
28th Jun 2012, 23:41
My only other guess would be Cloud's "Not interested.", because that's the only other catch phrase I can really think of.

On an only semi-related note (wow, I've said that a lot in this thread haha), my search for this answer made me rediscover my favorite FF quote of all time that I haven't read in years! "Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men! For Gilgamesh... IT IS MORPHING TIME!!!" I really wish they could have made Gilgy's change in to EX mode in Duodecim say that line

DerekMaverick
29th Jun 2012, 11:09
@Basho

I just beat FFV for my first playthrough and laughed at that line a lot! Definitly my favorite ever! Sorry to detract from the question.

Grimoire
29th Jun 2012, 11:27
Sorry to detract from the question.

Quoting the rules:

"Do feel free to discuss the questions/subjects. You don't have to actually participate in the quiz to enjoy this thread."

and:

"Have fun!"

Please, by all means, do not hesitate to discuss anything interesting that comes to mind while trying to figure out*the answer. It does not have to be directly connected to the current question.**

Grimoire
30th Jun 2012, 02:25
Since three days have passed, Basho now has the right to ask a new question.

Well then, what was the answer, Persiangato?

iambasho777
30th Jun 2012, 10:23
In Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded's Avatar Sector, character ensembles always had specific names. What was Terra's (FFVI)?

EDIT: To clarify, I meant the name of the avatar you find in Tag Mode that gives you an Avatar Sector floor

Persiangato
30th Jun 2012, 14:44
Hard to believe nobody here knew the running joke catchphrase. Thought it'd be answered in minutes.

The answer was Squall from Final Fantasy VIII and his new "...Whatever" catchphrase. In the original release, it was actually "...Sorry" alone or in a short sentence like, "Sorry, but you're my teacher." It was just as dismissive and non-confrontational as "whatever", but it had an apologetic side as well.

While several "Whatever" comments are optional, there are still enough instances of it for both Rinoa and Quistis to finish his sentences and poke fun at him for being so predictable and fans of the series love bringing it up as well (https://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/a/image/1337/36/1337369288036.jpg).

Automaton
1st Jul 2012, 01:44
It was something as simple as that! I dunno if it's too obvious to be well hidden or something else.

I think Gato should get a pat on the back for stonewalling even me!

To answer the current question... FF6 Terra?

iambasho777
1st Jul 2012, 02:05
Incorrect. For me this was the most common of the whole character ensemble avatars to randomly tag, getting 6 tags of her in about 130 avatar encounters in the Tag Mode, so if you can't remember check your Avatar Sector (if you have the game and got the tags in it, that is).

Automaton
1st Jul 2012, 11:54
Of all the KH games I've played, re:coded was the only one I haven't. So... that was me attempting to look it up horribly.

Zench-XIII
1st Jul 2012, 15:40
I have Re:Coded, but unfortunately I've deviated myself from playing it due to other games, so I have no idea about the Tag Mode.

Yes, I haven't used it, not even once (why do I get easily distracted with other games?).

member_10328220
1st Jul 2012, 19:23
never did tag mode either, but if i had to guess it might use her full name Terra Branford.

tiaeltaru
1st Jul 2012, 19:46
Ms. Magitek - Tina? Who?

iambasho777
1st Jul 2012, 19:47
Nope. Alright, here's a hint. It's a two-word name. The first word is "Miss", the second is an important part of FFVI.

iambasho777
1st Jul 2012, 19:48
Sorry for the double post, I'm on my phone and got ninja'd with Tiael's correct answer! Your turn, bud.

tiaeltaru
1st Jul 2012, 20:03
Dragon Quest question,

In the Dragon Quest series, what is the ability called by using the Zenithian Sword in battle, and what effect does it have?

iambasho777
1st Jul 2012, 23:40
It's called "Disruptive Wave", and it's kinda like a double-edged dispel, it removed both buffs and debuffs on all members of the targeted party.