PDA

View Full Version : Show me your WORST you, please! I need it!

Godfather
1st Jul 2003, 21:36
This is probably the strangest post you'll ever read, but I need it for future times. Imagine:

an 18-year-old girl who gives her parents a very hard time. She just started smoking in her room for the first time, she decided to play her music out loud and when her father, clever as he sometimes is, shut down the electricity of her room so that she couldn't listen to her cd-player anymore ... she decided to start singing and bouncing and making all kinds of loud noises in her bedroom; just to make her parents go crazy.

Now imagine that this girl is my sister and these poor parents, who are very hardworking people and who never deserved to be treated so disrespectfully, are my own parents. My question may sound strange, but believe me when I tell you that I am d-e-a-d s-e-r-i-o-u-s about this.

What practical punishment would you give my sister Ellen?

She's this far from (read: almost) hysterical and giving her a good spank wouldn't do the job. It would give the entire opposite result and I don't even wanna see that happening.

Now, I'm the son and I try to stay out of this **** as much as I can, but seeing how your parents are going through a difficult time when they try to organize everything so well and give her (my sister of course) as much as she deserves ... it's a painful thing. I'm pretty emotional and I love my parents (who doesn't :rolleyes: ) and I wanna help where I can.

So, please don't be afraid to come up with some very helpful things that could make Ellen (my sister) understand that she HAS to respect my parents and behave like a normal 18-year-old. She also has a boyfriend and although he is a very peaceful and respectful Dutch (read: from the Netherlands) 18-year-old, he doesn't seem to have any positive influence on her ... so far; that is.

So please: I know this sounds very corny, but my parents could really need all help they can.

Thanks!

Bye for now

LARAMANIAC
1st Jul 2003, 21:44
Tell her to leave.............seriously!!! Tell her that if she can't live by your parents rules in your parents home, then she should leave!! She isn't a child and yet she is acting like one! :(:mad:

Tipsko
1st Jul 2003, 23:46
Because I sort of know these 'symptones' I would guess that it is just a way to get attention. Of course she has to follow the rules of the house but when I read your text, I just think it is her way to express her feelings, she is standing up against the big bad world and nothing is right in her eyes. Punishment is not an option I think. Isn't this just a life-phase the most of us went through? Just leave her being and give no attantion at all OR give her exact the right attention (which is hard to learn). That would be my advise.

and hey...nothing against the dutch ey?? :) :rolleyes: :p

Tipsko

Godfather
2nd Jul 2003, 12:29
Originally posted by Tipsko
and hey...nothing against the dutch ey?? :) :rolleyes: :p
Tipsko

Omdat Belgen en Nederlanders de enigen zijn die de Nederlandse taal beheersen, kan ik u gerust zeggen dat ik hoegenaamd niks tegen mijn noorderburen heb. Het is zelfs zo dat één van dé mooiste vrouwen een Nederlandse is en neen: ik heb het (deze keer) niet over Famke Janssen. Ik heb het namelijk over Anna-Marie Goddard. Trouwens, die Nederlandse jongen is ne kei lieve gast.

Tot later

Translation:

Because Belgians and Dutch people are the only ones who can speak the Dutch language, I can assure you that I've got nothing against my Nothern neighbours. In fact: one of thé most beautiful women in the whole wide world happens to be Dutch and no: I'm not (at least not this time) referring to Famke Janssen. I'm talking about Anna-Marie Goddard. Besides, that Dutch boy is a very nice person.

bye for now

Tipsko
2nd Jul 2003, 21:04
hey I was just kiddin' ;)

good luck at home with your sister!

CatSuit&Ponytail
2nd Jul 2003, 21:44
Originally posted by Goatfather

Because Belgians and Dutch people are the only ones who can speak the Dutch language,

Ummmmm ....Don't the South Africans speak some sort of Dutch?

Godfather
2nd Jul 2003, 22:14
Originally posted by CatSuit&Ponytail
Ummmmm ....Don't the South Africans speak some sort of Dutch?

Yep. Indeed, some sort of Dutch. :p

TriggerHappy
3rd Jul 2003, 06:56
There is a West Indian plant, called Dumb Cane. Dieffenbachia Seguine.
When chewed, it causes temporary speechlessness.
It is also known as Mother-in-law plant, because of how it has been used. There are no other side effects.
Have your sister eat some. Then leave an anonymous note, that a curse was placed on her, for the way she treated her parents.

I don't know what resources you have, but you might want to check greenhouses and/or herbal supplies stores. Some people have unexpected connections for one reason or another.
Be honest. The right people will sell it to you.

Godfather
3rd Jul 2003, 12:09
Originally posted by Nerevar
Dutch happens to be the official language of the Republic of Suriname. Apx. 200,000 Americans speak it. And of course there's Pennsylvania Dutch.

Oh? Quite a surprise there. :eek:

Oh and thanks for all your answers so far. She's calmed down a bit (for now; that is) but God knows when it'll start again. Keep 'em posting, people! I don't necessarily enjoy this, but I simply need it to prevent such future outrages.

bye for now

Tombraidachick
4th Jul 2003, 02:17
Ellen belongs in military school :p

JunoJIm
4th Jul 2003, 04:11
Talk to her - something is bothering her - maybe you can help, or sometimes just sharing the problem makes it easier...

LARAMANIAC
4th Jul 2003, 23:20
Originally posted by TriggerHappy
There is a West Indian plant, called Dumb Cane. Dieffenbachia Seguine.
When chewed, it causes temporary speechlessness.
It is also known as Mother-in-law plant, because of how it has been used. There are no other side effects.
Have your sister eat some. Then leave an anonymous note, that a curse was placed on her, for the way she treated her parents.

I don't know what resources you have, but you might want to check greenhouses and/or herbal supplies stores. Some people have unexpected connections for one reason or another.
Be honest. The right people will sell it to you.

OMG!!!!!!!!!! How wicked!!!!! I love this.................downloaded to hard drive...............my eldest daughter is fast approaching the teenage years..............this could be helpful!!! LMAO....love it, love it, love it!!!! :D

suzieq51
6th Jul 2003, 01:29
For what it's worth Godfather, at 18 your sister is no longer a child, she's an adult and maybe she's just rebelling against the fact that your parents are still treating her as their precious little girl (which is perfectly natural).
I had a similar problem with my daughter, at that same age, and after lots of "deep and meaningful" conversations between us, we finally both agreed that compromise was called for .... she to cut me some slack for being a loving and caring parent, only wanting the best for her and of course her safety and I to cut her some slack by treating her as the adult she had become.
It took several months but finally we worked things out and we both now get on really well and life's great.
Perhaps if you can talk to her and also to your parents and try to make them see that they need to all calm down and talk to each other, tell each other what's eating them and try and work through these problems and resolve them.

TriggerHappy
6th Jul 2003, 02:41
Originally posted by LARAMANIAC
OMG!!!!!!!!!! How wicked!!!!! I love this.................downloaded to hard drive...............my eldest daughter is fast approaching the teenage years..............this could be helpful!!! LMAO....love it, love it, love it!!!! :D
I'm glad you like it.
In studying ethnobotany, I occasionally come across interesting methods of "social reinforcement" used by shamans, medicine men/women, ect.. Some of what appeared to be mysterious powers, was nothing more than being a chemist and stage magician.
One of my favorites, was a regular ceremony (held in front of the entire camp, indoors with 'special' smoke) that had staged a demon pulling a 'evil guest' into the fire.
It was the first documented case of a hidden trap door, being used in this fashion. The set up and acting was well planned out and rehearshed. I suspect that the adults knew what was really going on, but played along with it; just like the Santa Clause tradition.
----------------------------------------

Some may not understand why a poisoned apple was used, in the story of "Snow White".
There is a smooth, round fruit, about as large as a small apple, of a deep yellow color when ripe, full of pulp and with a strong, apple-like scent. (Discribed from a book called "A Modern Herbal" vol.II, by Mrs. Grieve. ISBN 0-486-22799-5)
One name of this plant, is "Satan's Apple". Commonly known as Mandragora (Mandrake) Atropa mandragora N.O. Solanaceae.
Mandrake was used in Pliny's dayas an anaesthetic for operations. It was also used by those villianous types who wanted their way with women, without being found out. And in larger doses, by assassins.

So, the story of "Snow White" may've stemmed from the author toying with the idea of 'kissing' his unconsious virgin, while she slept.

LARAMANIAC
6th Jul 2003, 13:37
WOW!!! How interesting, thanks for sharing TriggerHappy!! ;)

Godfather
6th Jul 2003, 21:03
Thanks for all comments ... especially yours SuzieQ51! Sounds very familiar. I just might let me folks read that! Hope you don't mind though.

bye for now

suzieq51
7th Jul 2003, 01:33
Originally posted by Godfather
Thanks for all comments ... especially yours SuzieQ51! Sounds very familiar. I just might let me folks read that! Hope you don't mind though.

bye for now

No of course I don't mind, Godfather. Hope it helps! Good luck.