PDA

View Full Version : Choose your least favorite character



Icarus
1st Jul 2003, 21:00
Hello I'm Icarus, you may know me for such threads as "Don't make Alex a Raiden" and "Choose your favorite Minor character(poll)" This time I want you to tell me which character made you want to save your game right before you met them and kill, reload, kill, reload, and so on and so forth until you just killed them and kept on going with the game. I'll start off by saying my least favorite character would have to be... Bob Page, why else do you think me and Daedalus decided to merge with JC instead?;)

[SYN] Nexus
1st Jul 2003, 22:08
The Cleaning machine in the UNATCO HQ at the restrooms.I always step on him and he is very annoying lol

Big Ragu
2nd Jul 2003, 18:18
Definetely the jackass UNATCO trooper that sits on the couch with Shannon at the UNATCO Headquarters. He takes all my credit from the mission and Shannon of course thinks he did it all. If only I could have used my Strength Aug to throw him through a wall.

Veedis
2nd Jul 2003, 19:08
Anna Navarre (I wanted to put a squirt of the flamethrower on her the first time JC met her) and Gunther Hermann, were they thinking of Arnold Swartzenegger when they dreamed him up?

WSimons
2nd Jul 2003, 21:52
I hated those stupid scientists in the underwater labs that gave me bad attitudes!! I really really enjoyed killing them!!

Icarus
2nd Jul 2003, 22:32
Originally posted by Big Ragu
Definetely the jackass UNATCO trooper that sits on the couch with Shannon at the UNATCO Headquarters. He takes all my credit from the mission and Shannon of course thinks he did it all.


Yes we all know :rolleyes: we've only seen you post that in practactly every other thread.

Big Ragu
2nd Jul 2003, 22:38
Just answering your question.

Icarus
2nd Jul 2003, 22:49
Originally posted by Big Ragu
Just answering your question.

Ya I know, sorry.

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
3rd Jul 2003, 12:08
the "I know the dragon's head" kid in Honk Kong
hate him.
where is the "kick" command?

Catman
3rd Jul 2003, 13:07
How can anyone hate poor little Louis Pan? Sure, he's a jerk, but the kid's had a tough life as a street urchin in Hong Kong. ;)

My least favorite character: Tessa.

I wish JC had been able to say: Okay, okay, you've thanked me a hundred times already. Give it a rest, lady.

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
3rd Jul 2003, 13:56
I hate him because I think he doesn't know respect, and he is so full of himself he doesn't even see JC could just walk on him and not even know about it. (where is the "trample" command?)

Skylink
3rd Jul 2003, 14:20
Girl from the ladies restroom. She told Manderley that I was watching her..

Icarus
3rd Jul 2003, 21:04
Originally posted by Catman


My least favorite character: Tessa.

I wish JC had been able to say: Okay, okay, you've thanked me a hundred times already. Give it a rest, lady.


(in an australian accent) "Thanks for lettin' me in." ;)


In regards to Mr. Sauveur...

Ya, Louis Pan kept on threatening me even when I was friends with the Dragon head. Hmm I wonder if Gordon Quick would care if...

[SYN] Nexus
3rd Jul 2003, 22:56
ROFLMAO Icarus
I also hate the dam constructor that wouldnt want to confess that he was a spy (illuminati) and I also hate Morpheus in a way but then I also love him in a way :confused: Weird character

Bio Denton
4th Jul 2003, 01:38
Did anyone else throw Ms.Chow out of her apartment window, or was that just me? God I hated that *****! And her maid, just won't leave you the hell alone, out she went too, and the damn cat! God I hate that apartment! I broke everything in there or threw it out the window! Burn it all!

Ahem, err... My least favourite character is Ms.Chow. Why are you all looking at me like that and why does Icarus have a baton in his hand?

Plus, if you kill her there.. She won't go postal on you in the VersaLife basement.

Bio

"The I Hate Hamsters & Wooha Rules Conspiracy"

Icarus
4th Jul 2003, 03:25
Originally posted by Bio Denton
Ahem, err... My least favourite character is Ms.Chow. Why are you all looking at me like that and why does Icarus have a baton in his hand?



Oh? Heh, thanks for reminding me.
*puts the baton down, takes out the Dragon's Tooth, and turns it on*

[SYN] Nexus
4th Jul 2003, 12:10
LOL Bio Denton you really trashed everything I wished I saw that.Might try that too lol.Yep Ms Chow is a real ****

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
4th Jul 2003, 12:36
I loved dispatching Maggie Chow with the GEP gun in Versalife basement. that was fun

I almost died, cause she was very close (must be my sex-appeal), but it was worth it

Skylink
4th Jul 2003, 13:35
Originally posted by Bio Denton
Did anyone else throw Ms.Chow out of her apartment window, or was that just me?

Lemme shake your hand bro :)

Catman
4th Jul 2003, 17:24
For real fun in the Chow apartment: Break all the windows, drop the flowers right at the edge, and then throw things at the maid, driving her toward the flowers. Eventually, she'll stand on the flowers and fall out.

But she's tough -- unlike JC (who goes splat if he falls out the windows), she lands without damage.

Big Ragu
4th Jul 2003, 21:08
Jeez, you people are cruel, but so am I so oh well.
Right when the maid opens the door I shot her in the head, walk into the next room then cap Maggie.

They're simply not worth anymore of my time.

Icarus
5th Jul 2003, 03:12
*Back steps out of the room smiling, then quickly throws a LAM inside, locks the door with his nanokey, and runs like... er heck.*

Had to censor it.;)

Bio Denton
5th Jul 2003, 07:15
*Uses Ms.Chow as a shield against the explosion* :cool:

Bio

"The I Hate Hamsters & Wooha Rules Conspiracy"

bonemachine149
13th Jul 2003, 19:54
Originally posted by Catman
For real fun in the Chow apartment: Break all the windows, drop the flowers right at the edge, and then throw things at the maid, driving her toward the flowers. Eventually, she'll stand on the flowers and fall out.

But she's tough -- unlike JC (who goes splat if he falls out the windows), she lands without damage.

The best part is, if you go down to the street to check up on her, she tells you to "look around" like you're still in the apartment.

Maggie has always really bugged me, too. I was recently disturbed to learn that my old dentist was retiring, and his replacement was a woman named Maggie Chao. It was so weird having Maggie stick needles in my mouth when I got some fillings recently...

"Denton!"

Icarus
13th Jul 2003, 21:40
Originally posted by bonemachine149
The best part is, if you go down to the street to check up on her, she tells you to "look around" like you're still in the apartment.

Maggie has always really bugged me, too. I was recently disturbed to learn that my old dentist was retiring, and his replacement was a woman named Maggie Chao. It was so weird having Maggie stick needles in my mouth when I got some fillings recently...

"Denton!"

Did you check for a bomb or an infolink?;)

bonemachine149
13th Jul 2003, 21:54
Originally posted by Icarus
Did you check for a bomb or an infolink?;)

No. But damn, come to think of it I should have. And I should have given that lamp haning in the lobby a little tug. Just to be sure.

Montial
14th Jul 2003, 10:31
lol.

Quite definately Anna Navarre. I killed her every possible way the game would allow...twice. (Plane, train station, UNATCO HQ, anywhere else despite the fact that you can't kill her anywhere else.) Mostly I enjoyed watching her blow up when you used the killswitch on her.

She just pissed me off. But Maggie Chow's maid comes in a close second..."I will show you around". Anyone else only have her do that on their first game?

[~DeH~]_LeOn
15th Jul 2003, 20:52
anyone remembers that mechanic that screwed up the stealth helicopter?so when you discover him,he starts shooting you with stealth,quickly runs out of ammo and runs?it was so pathetic,he
ruined my health and then started running away....
trowing maggie chow out the windows was fun...but than damn police got mad at me and that big bot nearly had me...thx god for
LAW...when you need the quick fight

WSimons
16th Jul 2003, 01:38
I would also like to thank God for the Regeneration augmentation, I'd be lost without it!!

Bio}{azard
16th Jul 2003, 06:54
once i was bored and took all the stuff in miss chow apartment
down the elevator and up into jocks apartment


jump from the window for miss chows apartment to get to jocks easyer ;)

my least fav. that ....chinese guy who...aids ur ..quest
and ..deactivates ur thing.....and wants to blow up
....stuff and communication

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
16th Jul 2003, 11:16
that's where Jock's appartment is?

never could find it

(I'm almost there)

Catman
16th Jul 2003, 17:01
There's an elevator directly across from Chow's hotel -- take up it, and you'll find a locked door. That's Jock's apartment. He's left a key inside, but you can also find one in Tracer Tong's laboratory.

Or as Bio}{azard says, break the windows in Chow's apartment and jump to the balcony across the street (front of building). You can also jump from the roof, but it's nasty on the legs.

Jerre
19th Jul 2003, 12:45
Anna navarre man I hate that B**** and that lady in the UNATCO restroom she was angry because i watched here she said i'll report this. I thought let's kill her. 5 min later UNATCO was after my ass

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
22nd Jul 2003, 09:26
my least favorite is this guy with a black coat and sunglasses I sometime see in bathrooms, on certain walls. I hate it when some people try to imitate my clothes

Catman
22nd Jul 2003, 13:01
Originally posted by Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
my least favorite is this guy with a black coat and sunglasses I sometime see in bathrooms, on certain walls. I hate it when some people try to imitate my clothes Now that's comedy!

http://www1.iastate.edu/~wsthune/cps/mrbunny/laugh.gif

Rogan Josh
24th Jul 2003, 09:30
Dear Bio! (and other who may be reading)

Oh how I love to upset the Chow Household. Like you to I have fun throwing her out the window, dead or unconscious! Her maid is very annoying; I usually apply a quick zap to the maid’s head when her back is turned and dump her unconscious body on the piano! Then with a gas grenade attached to the door leading to the sword room, I then seek to plunder the riches of the apartment. After the burglary is complete I focus my attentions to the scandalous Ms Chow. Often a double tap to the head with my pistol does the job followed by a prompt dumping out of the window! I think next time I will use the 'old Italian gangster' method and ensure she ‘sleeps with the fishes’ by dropping the body in the canal!

I notice across from her apartment is a good line of fire from Jock’s place, plus there is a ledge with a sniper rifle and some ammunition. I’ve tried using cheats to get into Jock’s flat (before you have access to the luminous path compound) with the purpose of sealing Ms Chows fate with 30.06 round, but she always moves away from the window when I get into position! Is there any part of the game where you can be sent to kill old Maggie in this way?

Your fellow denton clone

Rogan Josh
:D

Catman
24th Jul 2003, 14:41
I've had no trouble with this method: Either go to the roof of the hotel or break out the windows in Maggie's apartment and jump across the street to that ledge just above Jock's apartment balcony. She always stays put for me. :D

Florelle
11th Aug 2003, 16:06
Hey less playah hatin' on Anna Navarre! She rocks my world...

Anyway the worst character in the game is Joseph Manderely. I hate the way that guy kept giving me attitude for not killing Juan Lebedev.

Icarus
11th Aug 2003, 20:54
Originally posted by Florelle
Hey less playah hatin' on Anna Navarre! She rocks my world...

Anyway the worst character in the game is Joseph Manderely. I hate the way that guy kept giving me attitude for not killing Juan Lebedev.

Ya, I always had trouble killin' him, he acted like a kind old man, heck I half-expected him to go get JC some cookies and presents... FULL OF CLOTHES and NOT that power rangers toy I wanted... DIE SCUM DIE!!!

Bio Denton
13th Aug 2003, 21:53
Originally posted by Rogan Josh
Dear Bio! (and other who may be reading)

Oh how I love to upset the Chow Household. Like you to I have fun throwing her out the window, dead or unconscious! Her maid is very annoying; I usually apply a quick zap to the maid’s head when her back is turned and dump her unconscious body on the piano! Then with a gas grenade attached to the door leading to the sword room, I then seek to plunder the riches of the apartment. After the burglary is complete I focus my attentions to the scandalous Ms Chow. Often a double tap to the head with my pistol does the job followed by a prompt dumping out of the window! I think next time I will use the 'old Italian gangster' method and ensure she ‘sleeps with the fishes’ by dropping the body in the canal!

I notice across from her apartment is a good line of fire from Jock’s place, plus there is a ledge with a sniper rifle and some ammunition. I’ve tried using cheats to get into Jock’s flat (before you have access to the luminous path compound) with the purpose of sealing Ms Chows fate with 30.06 round, but she always moves away from the window when I get into position! Is there any part of the game where you can be sent to kill old Maggie in this way?

Your fellow denton clone

Rogan Josh
:D

I had the same problem!

Solution:-

1: Place a LAM by the steps leading down into the lounge.
2: Go back to Jock's apartment and go out onto the balcony.
3: Wave to Maggie as she walks away from the window.
4: Laugh giddily as her apartment explodes.

"The I Hate Hamsters & Wooha Rules Conspiracy"

Icarus
14th Aug 2003, 02:46
Bob Bobson here from wronggameinfo.com. I would like to say that the character I'd like to hate most would be either niccolette duclare or *looks behind him, then turns around smiling evilly* ICARUS!

Icarus (while being sealed within an EMP field chamber): You'll never get away with this Bob!

Bob: MWHAHAHA I alreay have, I also have another surprise for you... *presses a button, turning Icarus into a burrick* MWHAHAHAHAHA

*Icarus hops out of the field that now has no effect on him and the room is promptly filled with poisonous burrick halitosis.

Server Cerbrous
22nd Aug 2003, 15:06
My least faves were Maggie Chow and that damn girl who kept asking for money in the Lucky Money...

"Hey can I dance with you"

"I need cash to get drunk"

(Gives cash)

"Can I dance with you?"

"I need cash to get drunk"

(soon there really is 'Fire in the Disco') :cool:

severijn
25th Aug 2003, 08:39
I really really really hated Icarus, because he annihilated daedalus by merging.
Daedalus is so cool and he saved me plenty of times.

Icarus
25th Aug 2003, 08:43
Originally posted by severijn
I really really really hated Icarus, because he annihilated daedalus by merging.
Daedalus is so cool and he saved me plenty of times.


WHY YOU LITTLE 01010101011011010010101010101001001010!! Not to mention how you are such 010101010101 with a 010010010101 and you 0010101010101 your 10100110100110!:mad:








;)

severijn
25th Aug 2003, 12:18
ehh.... D@mn, Icarus does see me! Nooooooooooo!

;)

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
25th Aug 2003, 12:28
"resistance is futile. you vill surrender"

agent008
27th Aug 2003, 17:00
what i hate is the

spider bots

the mj12 troops that show up in hell kitchen when you get the guy his medicine

i one time in the club of paris went into the girls bathroom and killed a women and just wanted to see how much blood would show up and o blew her body part up

[WZ]divine
29th Aug 2003, 09:54
i HATE Louis Pan. However i soon solved this as after he threatened to tell people im a spy i sent him to hell with a fire extinguisher (there just fun to use) and throwing knife.


A close second on the hate scale is Shannon. I killed her after i escaped from HQ. - she tells you shes been stealing stuff (+about secret area in computer geaks office) so i thought i was justified in shooting her legs, arms, and finally blowing her up. - i just wish i could kill her earlier on in the game.

Gruf
29th Aug 2003, 11:36
alex jacobson
second time thru the game, just as he started doing his "like leading a mouse to cheese" line after you meet him the first time, I GEP gunned him. didn't do anything, just felt good

sandra renton
you save her from her pimp. you save her from jojo. she either mopes around the pub ignoring the sad loser who followed after her, or clears off to become a street bum at the gas station
*mental note, next time GEP gun sandra...*

and the doctors in the MJ12 base, watching paul die. thank God you can release the karakens in the cage next door...

Le`Sauveur`De`Ces`Dames
1st Sep 2003, 12:56
hmmm I think someone tells you Paul was already dead when he arrived at the facility.

end besides, it's YOUR fault if he is dead, you abandonned him, héhéhé

Gruf
2nd Sep 2003, 10:43
OK then, let me re-phrase that last post;
the doctors in the mj12 base in UNATCO level 4, sitting around waiting for paul to die, if you talk to them they rant on about how educational it is, watching the growth of the nanites....

I've never played the paul dying ending, so I don't know what happens then....